Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
Rob Singer is a moron. People should never take him seriously. He is a pathetic pathological liar who is now trying to grab attention as if he somehow figured out some VP play. The guy is too dumb to understand gambling math from my understanding. No one should take him seriously.
I am going to disagree here. The person posting as Rob Singer is not a moron. He is fairly intelligent and he understands the mathematics of gambling. AND he understands that his claims go against the math. The problem is Rob is a losing degenerate gambler.

Inspired by Dancer and others, Rob tried to be a video poker advantage player. He tried for 6 years and he failed, by his own admission, losing money every year. This is one of the few things he has been honest about. Now if you understand the math, which Rob does and you are properly bankrolled, which Rob claims to have been, then there is only one thing that stops you from succeeding. The lack of discipline necessary to be a successful AP. It is pretty hard for a life long degenerate gambler type player to all of the sudden stop chasing losses, and over-playing -EV situations and turn 180 degrees and succeed at advantage play. Rob like most degenerate gambler types was unable to make that transition and he failed.

Now because Rob failed, when he wanted so desperately to succeed like Dancer and others, two things happened. 1.) he convinced himself that all successful APs that do have the discipline necessary to succeed were lying. He became very bitter and hateful to anyone who has had success where he has failed. 2.) the second thing that occurred is that this is when Rob started making up stuff, claims of success based on non-mathematical principals and proven principals that don't work, like progression wagering and "special plays". Concepts that just don't work!

Rob then spent 15 years pushing this alternative reality garbage trolling real APs on various forums, and even self publishing a couple books. Along the way EVERY legitimate gambling math person has debunked Singer and told him what he is claiming is impossible. His retort to that is name calling and personal attacks.

After 15 years of this, down to where no one and I mean no one (except Slingshot) believed Rob's claims, he pivoted and stole the well known Nestor claim (double up bug) for his own, claiming he found the double up bug, played it for 5 years prior to Nestor and made millions. That created a little relevance as there was much discussion for a few months, but in the end, as my poll showed, almost no one believed that preposterous claim either.

And now Rob has pivoted yet again, and is claiming to be pursuing some sort of play. He is going to tell you yet again, how he has come up with something that no one else has been able to find. I for one can't wait to hear the details of this latest fantasy.

But really, the whole thing, Rob's 15 year existence on these forums, all the trolling, all the hate, name calling and bitterness, all the impossible claims is about one thing: Rob didn't have the discipline to succeed as an advantage player.
Gee, the guy you're describing seems almost like a genius! Imagine....reeling a little fairy into a thread basically any time I choose to