Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Quick Notes on Boyd Comp Program

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Once again Rob reveals his true self. I mean I ask anyone with any sense: does this sound like a guy who was successful on life, with a high paying career and big retirement fund? Does this sound like a guy who won millions playing video poker after this supposedly successful career in business?

OR does this sound like a very unhappy and bitter man, angry at anyone who has had any kind of success gambling or APing? Angry and bitter.

Only one thing could drive a person to be this angry and bitter and is most certainly isn't having been successful. It is jealousy of those that have been able to have some success where he tried and failed.

But stay tuned for more Singer hate sure to be spewed.
    Well kew, we already know the answers! Remember, I steal internet in order to post. I stole the money to play all those high limit VP machines over the years. My RV is 40 years old. We both have make-believe retirement accounts, SS and pension incomes. And the last royal I boasted about from Silverton really didn't happen. And all this is only the beginning!

Now compare that to a creepy "partner" with infected blood
    Robbo,while certainly not speaking for Mick who never needs anyone speaking for him. You are losing this round if Coach is your only defender. Even you should see him for the clown he is, and always will be. Certainly you are better than associating with the likes of him. Probably best to move on from this thread, which you can do.

You don’t have to be the expert on every thread. Plenty of other fools you can put in their place, in this case it’s a good thread.

Or not, you are certainly not going to listen to me.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Once again Rob reveals his true self. I mean I ask anyone with any sense: does this sound like a guy who was successful on life, with a high paying career and big retirement fund? Does this sound like a guy who won millions playing video poker after this supposedly successful career in business?

OR does this sound like a very unhappy and bitter man, angry at anyone who has had any kind of success gambling or APing? Angry and bitter.

Only one thing could drive a person to be this angry and bitter and is most certainly isn't having been successful. It is jealousy of those that have been able to have some success where he tried and failed.

But stay tuned for more Singer hate sure to be spewed.
    Well kew, we already know the answers! Remember, I steal internet in order to post. I stole the money to play all those high limit VP machines over the years. My RV is 40 years old. We both have make-believe retirement accounts, SS and pension incomes. And the last royal I boasted about from Silverton really didn't happen. And all this is only the beginning!

Now compare that to a creepy "partner" with infected blood
    Robbo,while certainly not speaking for Mick who never needs anyone speaking for him. You are losing this round if Coach is your only defender. Even you should see him for the clown he is, and always will be. Certainly you are better than associating with the likes of him. Probably best to move on from this thread, which you can do.

You don’t have to be the expert on every thread. Plenty of other fools you can put in their place, in this case it’s a good thread.

Or not, you are certainly not going to listen to me.
    I listen to everybody. And everybody listens to me. But I understand, and I'll go back to watching the pain & suffering on CNN and MSNBC for more entertainment.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Basically Rob Singer is like Elizabeth Warren on a gambling forum.
    Now THERE'S an insult!

Not one thing just said is true. Not one! Just Rob doing is abusive hate / trolling. That is all he can do. A 70 year old man. How pathetic!
    Denial....the #2 problem of a serial liar.

I know these things to be true. You gave up your right to privacy when you threatened--out of weakness and unintelligence--to kill me for exposing all your lies. You are and always have been a fraud upon the "AP community" you seem to idolize and desperately need so much in order to sleep at night.

Iwinyoulose again

Originally Posted by coach belly View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Sometimes Rob loses track of the years. Two years ago can seem like 20.

He loves when I post stuff like this. www.playbook.com//Vegas-Wise-Guys/
    The link posted above shows the following information...

2017 Top 5 Winners
    1) Special K Sports
    Total Points: 37
    2) Marc Lawrence
    Total Points: 34
    3RD, TIE - Billy Coleman, Bob Dietz & Joe Nelson
    Total Points: 33

2018 Playbook Wise Guys Contest
    This is the 33nd year of this competition and this year's contest goes back to its original roots, when the participants paid an entry fee and gambled with their own money.

There seems to be a distinction between the 2018 contest and others that preceded it...namely that in 2018 "the participants paid an entry fee and gambled with their own money".

Does that mean that the 2017 contest was a free contest?

The original early-years Wise Guys Contest, which I was in, was an invitation-only, $500 entrance fee contest. Now I don't have years and precise dates for the evolution, but you can always write Playbook to get the details. Back in the day, it was invite by reputation and there were 30-some people in it. At some point, the contest picked up sponsors who put up the prize money. It was probably worth it to the sponsors to ensure that none of the better reputation entrants decided it wasn't worth their time. Eventually, however, the contest got up to 80-some entrants, despite it being invitation-only. The people at Playbook and other handicapping sites have experienced belt tightening over the years. Some sponsors also had better things to do with their money. Playbook entered into partnership with Jim Feist's organization and wound up trimming the roster of invitees to 50-some, who now pay their own way.

I haven't kept up with the overall tally, but at one point I was the guy with the best overall record who had been in the contest 20 years plus. I may have been superceded by Marc Lawrence (not sure) these last couple of years. A gentleman who went by the handle of Southern Comfort, Florida-based, was something of a sports betting legend, and he had a record comparable or better than mine in the contest. He died a few years ago.

The Wise Guys Contest is a pain in the ass for me, primarily because it's an 18-week contest, and I have plays for 11 or 12 weeks, depending on when the contest kicks off vis-a-vis the start of college football. Since the bowls have turned into a mess with players taking games off, I really don't have any plays once November is finished. I like to compete, but it's tough to do well for three months, then flip coins for two months and try to win. The reality is that unless the college football playoffs expand, I have almost no chance to win this thing now.

I have to make a tough decision as to whether to continue, as it takes a lot of energy to process the information by the Monday night deadline each week. Originally, it was called the Wise Guys Contest because you had to put the plays for the following week in Sunday night, right when the lines came out. You had no idea where the lines would go, and some games did not yet have lines. You had to know what teams you wanted without necessarily seeing the lines. That's why it was originally labeled as the Wise Guys Contest.

You are losing this round if Coach is your only defender. Even you should see him for the clown he is, and always will be. Certainly you are better than associating with the likes of him.
    I don't recall defending anybody in this thread.

Bozo sounds butt hurt from being nuked at WOV.

Here's his epitaph over there...

EvenBob
    Bitter much? I've never seen a
    more honorable man than Mike,
    is that why you're so jealous of
    him? Pretty sad..

SOOPOO
    I’m not sure what happened to Boz. It is difficult to be that mean spirited.
    But his attack on Wizard and especially his family was frankly, despicable.
    Not sure what led you to be this small.

EvenBob
    The amount of hatred and venom in
    his post was really quite sickening.
    It's like he's mentally deranged.
    I was uncomfortable reading it
    from such a long standing member.
    Get help, dude, somethings wrong
    with you.

Wizard
    Let's have that beer in hell, as I lost your number.

You are losing this round if Coach is your only defender. Even you should see him for the clown he is, and always will be. Certainly you are better than associating with the likes of him.

EvenBob
    him? Pretty sad..

SOOPOO

EvenBob
    with you.

Wizard
    I’m good with that from those 3. I put you in the same group. All lifetime losers at gambling. At least SP admits it. EB pushes a Roulette system and anyone who knows Wiz understands all his math knowledge never made him a winner because of his own lack of discipline.

And we all know your AC history as a member of a group of losers, drooling over Miss Virginia. Hell she lived for years in AC every weekend off you and your pals falling for her charms. Embarrassing.

The website says...
    This is the 33nd year of this competition and this year's contest goes back to its original roots, when the participants paid an entry fee and gambled with their own money.

You wrote...
    Playbook entered into partnership with Jim Feist's organization and wound up trimming the roster of invitees to 50-some, who now pay their own way.
    Does "now" mean as of 2018?

What were the conditions in 2017? Was it a free contest in 2017?

EvenBob
    him? Pretty sad..

SOOPOO

EvenBob
    with you.

Wizard
    Coach, instead of pasting in a few comments from the peanut gallery at WoV, why didn't you just simply copy and paste Boz's original post? Boz's original post is actually a chastising of Shackleford for treating his family (in Boz's eyes) disrespectfully.

Boz's original post is available at gamblingforums.com, in case anyone wants to check it out. Boz didn't put it there. Another poster thought the responses at WoV were misleading and faulty characterizations of what Boz said, so he put the original post up where people could read it.

I have no opinion on Shackleford's family life. If he hangs with Heather, loves Thai hookers, whatever, I'm neutral. Most Americans, however, would probably view his predilections with something other than neutrality.

And we all know your AC history as a member of a group of losers, drooling over Miss Virginia.
    I'm part of no group in AC and have no history with Miss Virginia...I have no idea what you're talking about.

But now I'm of the same mind as the WOV members...you're mentally deranged and something's wrong with you.

The website says...

You wrote...
    Playbook entered into partnership with Jim Feist's organization and wound up trimming the roster of invitees to 50-some, who now pay their own way.
    Does "now" mean as of 2018?

I have no idea. Why don't you just call them or email them?

Coach, instead of pasting in a few comments from the peanut gallery at WoV, why didn't you just simply copy and paste Boz's original post?
    The original post was deleted before I was able to read it.

I'll follow the link you provided and take a look.

But whatever Bozo wrote about Shack doesn't change the fact that he's got many screws loose...I know that he is mentally deranged because he posts complete nonsense about me.

I have no idea.
    You were in the contest, and you have no idea what the terms and conditions were?

It's obvious that you're not being truthful...have you ever been truthful?

Coach, instead of pasting in a few comments from the peanut gallery at WoV, why didn't you just simply copy and paste Boz's original post?
    The original post was deleted before I was able to read it.

I'll follow the link you provided and take a look.

But whatever Bozo wrote about Shack doesn't change the fact that he's got many screws loose...I know that he is mentally deranged because he posts complete nonsense about me.
    Well, coach, the easy way to solve that is to post under your real name, and then people will know whether Boz knows who you are or not. You've been the beneficiary of this, shall we say, asymmetric form of communication by staying anonymous. Now anonymity has a price. Without your real name, people will just have to decide who is more credible, the "coach belly" poster or "The Boz" poster. I won't quote odds on that.

Meanwhile, if you want to be fair and balanced, you may as well look up Boz's post and quote it here to go along with the stuff you decided to previously post.

Well, coach, the easy way to solve that is to post under your real name, and then people will know whether Boz knows who you are or not.
    Solve what? What people?

I have no idea.
    You were in the contest, and you have no idea what the terms and conditions were?

It's obvious that you're not being truthful...have you ever been truthful?

What terms and conditions, coach? You pay a small fee, or not, you handicap games, you win or lose.

Some years I paid $500 to enter, some years I paid $300, some years I paid $200, some years I paid nothing because the contest fees were sponsored by somebody. The amounts aren't very much, and frankly I do not remember which years I paid what, other than I paid $500 the early years and $200 or $300 last year. My best guess is the copy you read was used for several years and that the actual sponsored years of the contest were a number of years before that.

I derive no income from the Wise Guys Contest unless I win something, if that's what you're asking.

Well, coach, the easy way to solve that is to post under your real name, and then people will know whether Boz knows who you are or not.
    Solve what? What people?
    You could solve the fact that Boz claims he knows who you are, and you say he doesn't, and now people on this forum and others have to decide if Boz does or does not know who you are.

You're stuck in anonymous dude-ville.

I derive no income from the Wise Guys Contest unless I win something, if that's what you're asking.
    No I was as asking if there was an entry fee in 2017.

The copy seems pretty specific to 2018...the 33rd year of the contest.

It says for 2018 "the participants paid an entry fee and gambled with their own money."

The entry fee part is understood, but what does "gambled with their own money" mean, how did it work?

You have no idea? You don't remember?...you're full of shit.

And another thing with Boyd, what do you really get with Emerald and higher tiers.......
    Keep your friends close, keep your drinks closer...

You could solve the fact that Boz claims he knows who you are.
    Solve the fact? Is that a martian idiom, because I don't know what you are talking about.

Anyway, I don't think he's claiming that he knows who I am...he's obviously having some kind of mental breakdown.

Thread Information