Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
Originally Posted by wasilla View Post
Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

The high tariffs that "get placed on us" are a tax on the income of a industry.

The tariffs "placed on them" are actually taxes on us.

I'm not arguing for or against tariffs, BTW. It seems you are asking for clarification.

It is pretty simple really.

I'm not going to call you puppet because I worry about your mental health after reading the murder fantasies.
That's the way that I understand tariffs as well. They are a tax that is charged on the importers who either eat the cost or pass it on to their consumers. So tariffs placed by China are paid for by the Chinese, and Tariffs placed by the US are paid by Americans. The power in this is that it raises the costs of the other's country's exports thus reducing the demand for those exports. China and the US are not collecting money from each other. They are hurting each other's export numbers and raising the costs of these goods in their own country. I'm not trying to claim that tariffs serve no purpose. I'm sure that the US steel industry is very pleased. Whether the benefit to them is more important than the industries that have to pay more for steel is another question.

MDawg, this is my 2nd post on your thread that has nothing to do with your adventures. If you consider this a hijack, I'm happy to stop.
You idiots either didn't pay attention or didn't hear that Trump proposed no tariffs between U.S. China. He got turned down flat. They wouldn't even negotiate. We went decades of running huge trade deficits with China and we would continue to do so without Trump. Warren Buffet explained to everyone in third grade language how one country winds up owning everything in the other country after so many years of running huge trade deficits. The Chinese already own a shit-ton of stuff in America. What do we own in China? Not a fucking thing.

You liberal mental midgets just continue on down the path of not knowing your asses from a hole in the ground. Your pontifications on Trump's tariffs on China harming Americans is psychobabble bullshit. Get your heads out of your asses.
^^ Lol Mickey the drunken puppet likes arguing with himself.

Tariffs are a tax. It is really simple. Thats why they call "free trade" FREE. The prefix to FREEDOM vs tariffs.

I'm not even arguing for or against tariffs. I'm not arguing it it helps or harms America.

You feeble-minded types don't even get that much. Just MAGAing it all down. Can't even admit a tax is a tax to themselves.

Koolaid stained face pigging it out at the trough over free medical care. Thinks no one pays for it.