Originally Posted by blackhole View Post
What most people don’t realize, simply from lack of experience dealing or talking with lawyers is how it's no different than talking to one of your sanitation men in the street while he’s taking your garbage. When contacting one of these scumbags, their opening is to convince you how much they know about your case whatever it may be and how fucked you’ll be without their support. Opposing lawyers will even try to talk down to you as if their lawyer title is similar to a sentencing judge. Most people inexperienced dealing with meaningless lawyers get intimidated and nervous when speaking to one, when in reality the conversation is no different than the nonsense you read on anonymous gambling forums.

Here is just one quick personal experience with one of these assholes. I get a call from a person who describes to me he’s the lawyer representing a client who claims I stiffed him for close to 10K for a service he performed for me. He spoke down to me and had a loud tone on the phone describing how if I didn’t pay him, he would make my life miserable and how this would end up costing me double the amount they felt was due.

As soon as he finished his opening threatening comments my response was, if he didn’t get rid of his obnoxious tone immediately, the only thing he’ll hear is the sound of a dial tone. I followed with who the fuck do you think you’re talking to? The bottom line, before any litigation was put in place, they settled for 35% of the total, just dealing with me. The true fair value.

Lawyers depending on the case and especially divorce lawyers will get to see first hand personal assets. That’s what controls their fees. They will create problems if that could extend their reach into your banks. If you have experience or know someone that does with any particular case you might have, it’s best to contact them for their experiences. With most cases it's best to try and negotiate a max or ceiling of what you’re willing to pay for that service. You have to be careful here because you could be certain the max will end up being the fee. Yet, with lots of litigation expected down the road you’ll end up ahead.

Lawyers are bottom feeders and will always grab whatever is possible. Even if it isn't what they were hoping for. I can’t think of a trade I disrespect more then lawyers. Just take a look at how our government is being controlled. Their constantly fucking everyone of us, right in front of our faces, then laughing at us on the way to their banks.

PS. Garnabby, Please take you meds.
Insightful post Blackhole, thanks.