Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
Right - what if it ended up being a scam, or I lost the challenge? I've never met any of those WOV people. After a year who knows what the value of that BTC would be. Obviously my bet is that BTC will keep going up.

In any case, his pushing for BTC just made me more suspicious. I told him I was willing to discuss posting the money, and he kept going on and on trying to force me to do it immediately. And going on and on about bitcoin.

All I can say is, given that it would have taken him at least a year to post even just one years worth of Adventures trip reports, the guy must be very hard up.

Next time he wants something, I'd advise him to ease up after the other guy says Okay. You push after someone is willing to discuss doing it, and of course it makes the other guy now hesitate.

And another thing anyone should know about anyone with money, is that he didn't get there by being dumb about what to do with his money.

True, billionaires might gamble, but they do it because it gives them something in return, win or lose. In my case, I bet high enough levels so that it gets my juices flowing, but if I didn't win at it consistently, I'd quit.

In any case, it's just as well that it's over now. Was taking up far too much time and energy. I assumed that we were going to have it settled and started without so much time consuming drama. I was wrong.
Now you are saying that you don't trust Wizard to return the Bitcoin. Whether it goes up or down in dollar price you get the same amount of Bitcoin back if the person taking up the challenge fails. If the person succeeds they get 5k cash and you get the difference in BTC back if the price of Bitcoin rises during the escrow period. The only one taking a risk is the one trusting you to pay the dollar difference if Bitcoin declines.
Plus if there's any shenanigans with the bag holder running away Axel has stated he will cover your loss. That is why he was willing to post money too. It's all about proving funds to cover the challenge.