Page 148 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4898138144145146147148149150151152158198 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,960 of 3961

Thread: The Adventures of MDawg (in progress)

I went to WoV to see what was up with this challenge. Didn't see anything on the first page. Looks like DarkOx isn't getting his moneys worth in attention that he was seeking.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    I went to WoV to see what was up with this challenge. Didn't see anything on the first page. Looks like DarkOx isn't getting his moneys worth in attention that he was seeking.
    I saw you asked earlier but I was out and couldn't answer. I will try now. Are you familiar will Mdawgs claims, of winning every session of baccarat? What is it 55 straight now? Even more if you go back to past years. Well on this trip, about a month, his wins have 5k, 8k, 10k range, I think one day 15k. Some days smaller, digging out of a hole, but all wins.

So Mike announced it was time for Mdawg to "put up or shut up and show Mike his play", so Mike could see what he was doing. If he is actually betting amounts he says, we all suspect a progression, which he claims it isn't. So the original thing was for Mike to witness his play. Then Mdawg and his cohorts, belly and a couple sockpuppets that support him, came up with this demand that anyone who wanted to see Mdawg play had to deposit 50k. So that basically ended that and Mike backed down from his demand that Mdawg show him.

So last week along comes this new proposal where expectedvalue was going to put up $2500, $500 for Mike for his time watching Mdawg play a session and $1000 to Mdawg and a second $1000 if Mdawg had a winning session. So that changes everything. It no longer is about Mdawg showing a normal session of play. If he gets ahead at any time, he can just slow play lower limits, to that extra $1000. It just in no way represents what was initially discussed, which was Mike witnessing Mdawgs normal play that he claims to win everyday.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

I forget to mention. Part of Mdawgs claim is that he gets comped month long stays at high end suites at Bellagio and Venetian (is that the two? or is Cosmo in there). Month long stays! in addition to his winning every day. He claims his average bet is $1200, which is why Mike wanted to witness an actual session to see if it was. Instead we get this contest that satisfies none of it. This contest as written, just won't answer any real questions about the actual play.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Easy 5 bones for Rusty and HUGE + EV with little risk for dog. Hope you get your moneys worth you rube !

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Easy 5 bones for Rusty and HUGE + EV with little risk for dog. Hope you get your moneys worth you rube !
    How did I do Ozzy? Did I get the jist of it?

This will prove squat, its comical people are getting excited for this bogus "challenge". I'd rather donate 2500$ to a WORTHY CHARITY then those 2 bozos.

This will prove squat, its comical people are getting excited for this bogus "challenge". I'd rather donate 2500$ to a WORTHY CHARITY then those 2 bozos.
    Never donate to Charity.
    They use the money to pay bills and pad their bank accounts.
    Give that money directly to some needy individual.
    Don't get me wrong... do what you want and how you want.
    I just hate giving money to some organization where the individual who needs it sees about 2 cents on the dollar.

Basically MaxPen, 1 of 2 things is going on.

1). If Mdawg is playing the amounts he says and getting comped month long stays at high end suites, then he is not winning every day or winning at all overall. There is a lot of losing going on that he is leaving out of the daily reposts and claims.

#2, is Axelwolfs theory and seems a little more out there, although, Axel may be spot on. Axel is convinced Mdawg has no real money, isn't the person getting the month long stays, and playing as described. Axel thinks it is a family member or friend, probably his father that is getting all these things and is the big player (likely losing player), and Mdawg is just posting reports and pictures as if it is him. And I know that sounds a bit off the wall, but I wouldn't bet against Axelwolf. He is very convinced.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Never donate to Charity.
    They use the money to pay bills and pad their bank accounts.
    Give that money directly to some needy individual.
    Don't get me wrong... do what you want and how you want.
    I just hate giving money to some organization where the individual who needs it sees about 2 cents on the dollar.
    I agree, I was just stating that giving to any charity, makes way more sense, then this non sensical bullshit. Adding gas to the fire both guys are completely undeserving of any kind of compensation.

Who's going back to homeless non-chalant?

$2500? Trust me I am nowhere near being homeless over that amount.

My point is simply money doesn't have to be hoarded as some people seem to think. Go out and spend sometime and it should be on what you want.

As for the government control of our lives, don't they?

They tell us what medicine we can take, what money we have to report, the list goes on.

If my spending $2500 on this challenge was going to further the spread of Covid then yeah, it should be stopped.

You guys are funny with comments. "Oh so you like Apples but don't like Oranges. What a hypocrite".

Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post

My point is simply money doesn't have to be hoarded as some people seem to think. Go out and spend sometime and it should be on what you want.

They tell us what medicine we can take, what money we have to report, the list goes on.

If my spending $2500 on this challenge was going to further the spread of Covid then yeah, it should be stopped.

You guys are funny with comments. "Oh so you like Apples but don't like Oranges. What a hypocrite".
    Government don't tell me shit.
    I live outside of society.
    On second thought... perhaps on the fringes.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Never donate to Charity.
    That's some of the best advice I've ever seen on VCT.

Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post

Why would you want to give some trust fund baby your money?

What is Mike's observations going to prove?

You might as well send that douchebag doctor some money too....lol

Holy Mackerel! Did I just read Mdawg lost yesterday? It was a long post and I am trying to skim on the go, but it looks like he lost 10k. Of course now for the first time he mentions a loss rebate that will kick in. Interesting....loss rebates usually are for a trip, not a session ever since Don Johnson. But then again, Mdawg is anything but normal. He is very "special".

The timing is a little to convenient. Nice cover play.

Well yeah there is that too.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 04-13-2021 at 12:15 PM.

Well, first the guy is not permitted to win...now he is not allowed to lose.

I'm just kidding; I might have sent a PM to someone that might have said, "I bet MDawg reports a losing session prior to the meetup." I said a week in the PM, but that's because I thought the meetup would be sooner.

(That person is free to confirm if he sees this post. If I am challenged, I will ask him to confirm.)

Yeah, lots of us have been expecting a reported losing session for a while now. For one thing it would end the comments at WoV by Sabre who chimes in "congratulations of your xx winning session in a row", after every report of win. Short, but very cutting. Highlights the insanity. So reporting a loss ends that. Also reporting a loss now, acts as cover if he can't win when being observed by Shackleford. So yeah, this surprises no one.

But it does reveal something else, and I probably don't have time to get into it as deeply as I would like right now. But I will touch on it. This loss, which he claims to have dug out of a deep hole, but still fallen short. along with several other descriptions from this trip where he took out second markers and dug all the way out, along with a report from last trip or last year when he lost, I don't know, 20 some k, at one location, walked across the street and won the exact same amount back, all indicate 'chasing losses', which is a natural part of any progression wagering systems. You have to bet bigger to recover losses. And often times you do and can. But the times you continue to lose when betting bigger, you end up with a massive loss that wipes away all the smaller wins and then some. THAT is how a progression works! Everything about this guy points to a progression wagering system, and yet he claims no.

If someone were to really watch him play a number of sessions, this progression system, which can not win long-term is going to be very obvious. That's what some of us wanted to see with Wizard. Unfortunately this current challenge about to happen, doesn't provide for that. This is a side bet, really having little to do with how Mdawg claims to play.
    Last edited by kewlJ; 04-13-2021 at 12:16 PM.

Progression wagering system, you don't say? I've been preaching that it's a system all along. Just because you're looking for chops and streaks doesn't mean that you're not also employing a betting system (even if it doesn't have strict rules) simultaneously.

That's why I said that the number of wins in a row was conceivable, based on what I read. Or, at least, not even close to impossible.

I used to say, "One of these days people will start listening to me about stuff," but I'm smarter than that now. Nobody cares and nobody will ever listen to reason. Very few people are as naturally neutral as I am, also.

Yeah, I mentioned this in #6805 of the WoV thread. Well, pardon the sacrilege, but even Jesus had a couple of bad days prior to Easter.

The good part of this is maybe the trip reports will be toned down out of the cartoon-land stuff, and MDawg will begin posting semi-believable accounts. I think it had gotten into the realm of caricature, of self-parody, and I don't think that was his aim. I think if he's trying to convince anyone that his LV excursions are profitable, toning it down was definitely the way to go.

To put the alleged 50-some in a row stuff in context: assuming he's using some martingale-ish progression roughly limited to a 70% or more chance of winning a session due to table limits, what he reported was the equivalent of taking a seven point favorite in football on the moneyline, and winning 50-some consecutive games. Yeah, it's not impossible (that's coach belly's line).

And I'm Batman.
    Last edited by redietz; 04-13-2021 at 12:30 PM.

Thread Information