Page 142 of 199 FirstFirst ... 4292132138139140141142143144145146152192 ... LastLast
Results 2,821 to 2,840 of 3961

Thread: The Adventures of MDawg (in progress)

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    See you're chiming in as well....lol
    Should of took more time to be more clever.
    The post didn't work so well.
    A bit of an offshoot of my last post towards Mission.
    I have no chime or opinion.
    Just like to call Mission146 a Faggot now any chance I get.
    Sorry to bother you.
    Keep up the good work.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post

By, "Integrity," I mean just eating your Nuke and shitting on him here where he's not going to see it and nobody who reads here will report it to him. If you're going to shit on someone, then have a nutsack and do it where you KNOW they'll see it.
    After I was banned, when Mike and I were still talking, before he shutdown all avenues of communication, one of the last things he said to me was "If I didn't like it, there was a whole forum of people bashing him that I should join". That forum was gambling forum. I knew nothing of it at the time. So I did as Mike suggested. Mickey was there, Axelwolf was there. Other from here as well. Eventually that forum owner doxxed someone and it lead to a mass exodus which landed us here.

So me bashing Mike at gambling Forums and eventually here, was at his direct suggestion. Just doing what he told me.
    I question if he “never” reads stuff from here. I don’t think any of those who still communicate with him run to him with the information, but I’m thinking he visits from time to time. It’s human nature to see what others think of you. He’s not exactly a famous person to 99.9% of the country so there aren’t many places he is discussed from him to check in on.
    Exactly, people give him too much credit saying, Mike has so much on his plate, so much going on. I call bullshit. He reads his forum a lot more then his cronies think, reads GF on occasion and last but not least he reads here on a semi regular basis. An ego maniac who thinks he's somebody will check on occasion, no doubt in my mind.

Fucking Faggots won't Shut the Fuck Up!!

^^^^^^^^ You enjoy the drama and the bickering as much or more then most here.

Not when it's the same, repetitive stuff. The ignore button is an awesome feature!

Originally Posted by Mission146 View Post

Do you get it, yet? None. Of. This. Fucking. Matters.

This is just your opinion. I guess it doesn't matter to you. It MATTERS to me.

I play for a living and I and others on these forums know what it takes to play for a living. The work and risk involved. And I don't like someone coming along and telling a fairytale of riches and winning every session, every day. That is not reality and it isn't fair to those of us that really work at it.

And, I simply don't like people making up shit that misleads other members and may result in players/members going out and losing because of these fairytales. yes, I know I can't fix or police the world, but I am going to call this bullshit out. It matters to me!
    I know you play for a living, but I tend to get the impression you think posting on forums is your living.

In terms of fairness, how does it rank compared to starving children or a family's house burning down? It seems that you're more worried about MDawg's claims than you are the people who seem to be on here to discredit AP's---which should be the real insult to you, if you cared. I care equally about either of those things, which is almost zero.

The only thing I can do is say that systems don't work and Baccarat is a losing game in the long run, absent some AP mechanism. I have said as much many times in his thread. If people still think they are, "Learning," how to play Baccarat, go out, and lose their shirts...well, I did more to prevent that than I was required to do, didn't I?

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    The point I was making is, he did everything to avoid/ deflect the whole meet up for the most part, then when a paltry amount of money was offered he jumped immediately. Very similar principle, to the whole "Tin Cup fiasco days before the 2.2 mil sale. Anything for him to make a buck or two decimating what little integrity he has. My opinion he has none.
    I'd have probably done it for $500 if someone asked me, of course, assuming they were covering my flight, room and food...all of which I would keep as cheap as possible. If I happen to be out in Vegas, I'll meet up with MDawg for $0.00, chew the fat about music, whether or not he wants to demonstrate any of his claims to me is up to him. I don't really care to watch anyone play Baccarat, though.

I question if he “never” reads stuff from here. I don’t think any of those who still communicate with him run to him with the information, but I’m thinking he visits from time to time. It’s human nature to see what others think of you. He’s not exactly a famous person to 99.9% of the country so there aren’t many places he is discussed from him to check in on.
    Maybe he does, maybe not...no proof that he has that I'm aware of. I have to believe he's aware of what KewlJ thinks of him, or thought and now thinks again, without any need to read here.

I'd assume he'd get sick of it, at some point. Of all of the people to take a shit on him, Kewl's shit is far from the biggest.

Fucking Faggots won't Shut the Fuck Up!!
    Are you going with the lumberjack bull dyke look, or is it the standard wife-beater today?

See you're chiming in as well....lol
    Should of took more time to be more clever.
    The post didn't work so well.
    A bit of an offshoot of my last post towards Mission.
    I have no chime or opinion.
    Just like to call Mission146 a Faggot now any chance I get.
    Sorry to bother you.
    Keep up the good work.
    Hey...fuck you guys. lol

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Exactly, people give him too much credit saying, Mike has so much on his plate, so much going on. I call bullshit. He reads his forum a lot more then his cronies think, reads GF on occasion and last but not least he reads here on a semi regular basis. An ego maniac who thinks he's somebody will check on occasion, no doubt in my mind.
    Few million reasons not to care. I have quite a lot fewer reasons not to care, and I mostly don't. I just like to socialize and procrastinate writing the stuff I'm supposed to be writing about.

Mike has so much on his plate, so much going on.
    Just curious as to what the Wiz does when he's not moderating the forum; does he still teach at UNLV (saw that online), or has he found something else to do for a living?

I recall the gig with Sheldon didn't work out.

Personally I'd not enjoy a situation where my only source of income came from moderating a message forum which was once my "beautiful baby" and which has morphed into "Rosemary's Baby."
    What, Me Worry?

MDawg, I hope that you were generous and gave coach belly a retirement severance package. All it took was a few days and now you have a new leader of the fan club who is overjoyed, to say the least.

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    MDawg, I hope that you were generous and gave coach belly a retirement severance package. All it took was a few days and now you have a new leader of the fan club who is overjoyed, to say the least.
    Even Hitler had his admirers.

No matter how loathesome a person or a notion may be there will always be at least one idiot in support.
    What, Me Worry?

Don't forget "Marcusclark" and " Wellbush" 2nd and 3rd place finalists.

Semi related to MDawg. Not sure how many follow the saga of scammer Christopher Mitchell, but he is a YouTube scammer with similar claims to MDawg from a math standpoint. Only difference is so far MDawg isn’t selling anything other than bullshit.

Anyways the guys at Dan’s PFA forum are vicious toward Mitchell and his scams. Good reading, even just the most recent pages if anyone is bored.
    yes, I followed the Christopher Mitchell thing for a while last year on Dan's forum and was shocked to see how Dan went after him. Not disturbed or anything, just shocked being that Dan mostly stayed silent with Rob Singer. And I don't buy the difference of selling his scam. Rob Singer published 2 books! And claims to have trained people privately. Do you think that was for free? Singer attempted to make money, just wasn't very good at it.

Now Mdawg, it doesn't appear is trying to monetize his scammy claims. He is just a narcist that wants the attention. But that doesn't make all that much difference to me. Mdawg is using a platform like WoV to make his claims. That gives him the credibility of WoV. So there are people reading and who will read in the future believing this shit because they read it on Michael Shackleford's WoV. They go out and lose there money trying to win at baccarat, because Mdawg claims to win for 100 straight days. Does it really make any difference whether they paid for that scam on top of it. They were scrammed. The only way that stops is legitimate players calling out this bullshit.

I completely agree with this. If you have some expertise, you owe it to civilians to call out the nonsense. If you do not, then you're part of the problem. This means Shackleford is part of the problem.

Mission says none of this fucking matters. I think what matters is what we have the ability to fix or at least begin to fix. We solve what what we can. Most things are beyond our powers. And, for those few things we can impact, if we have the ability or the experience to solve something, we should. Mission has the experience and the ability to weigh in and try to fix this. He doesn't.

So Mission, the Steve Stevens scam artist on the "Money Talks" television show on CNBC. Should I have stayed quiet regarding him? Because "none of this fucking matters?"

So I was surprised at Mission's position or lack thereof. I will be writing about this whole thing down the road, so I decided to do some cogitating.

And then it hit me: the difference between those who are supportive or neutral regarding the MDawg stories on the two forums, and the people who are most annoyed. They divide into two distinct populations.

This isn't complete unanimous, but for the most part, the people most annoyed by MDawg (kewlJ, EV, MrV. Boz, now myself since his stuff became cartoonish, to a lesser extent BoSox, AndrewG) are people who either gamble for a living or gamble large amounts. They do or have done what I would refer to as serious gambling. The people who are neutral or support MDawg do not gamble serious amounts of money. And before somebody mentions The Wiz, let me say that you can tell, by the kinds of things Shackleford has posted in the past (with pics) that he's not a big player.

While not unanimous, that seems to be the theme. The higher the roller, so to speak, the more annoying the win/win/win fantasy is to the person. I find that fascinating. The bigger the player, the more, to paraphrase Mission, the nonsense fucking matters.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Semi related to MDawg. Not sure how many follow the saga of scammer Christopher Mitchell, but he is a YouTube scammer with similar claims to MDawg from a math standpoint. Only difference is so far MDawg isn’t selling anything other than bullshit.

Anyways the guys at Dan’s PFA forum are vicious toward Mitchell and his scams. Good reading, even just the most recent pages if anyone is bored.
    yes, I followed the Christopher Mitchell thing for a while last year on Dan's forum and was shocked to see how Dan went after him. Not disturbed or anything, just shocked being that Dan mostly stayed silent with Rob Singer. And I don't buy the difference of selling his scam. Rob Singer published 2 books! And claims to have trained people privately. Do you think that was for free? Singer attempted to make money, just wasn't very good at it.

Now Mdawg, it doesn't appear is trying to monetize his scammy claims. He is just a narcist that wants the attention. But that doesn't make all that much difference to me. Mdawg is using a platform like WoV to make his claims. That gives him the credibility of WoV. So there are people reading and who will read in the future believing this shit because they read it on Michael Shackleford's WoV. They go out and lose there money trying to win at baccarat, because Mdawg claims to win for 100 straight days. Does it really make any difference whether they paid for that scam on top of it. They were scrammed. The only way that stops is legitimate players calling out this bullshit.

I completely agree with this. If you have some expertise, you owe it to civilians to call out the nonsense. If you do not, then you're part of the problem. This means Shackleford is part of the problem.

Mission says none of this fucking matters. I think what matters is what we have the ability to fix or at least begin to fix. We solve what what we can. Most things are beyond our powers. And, for those few things we can impact, if we have the ability or the experience to solve something, we should. Mission has the experience and the ability to weigh in and try to fix this. He doesn't.

So Mission, the Steve Stevens scam artist on the "Money Talks" television show on CNBC. Should I have stayed quiet regarding him? Because "none of this fucking matters?"

So I was surprised at Mission's position or lack thereof. I will be writing about this whole thing down the road, so I decided to do some cogitating.

And then it hit me: the difference between those who are supportive or neutral regarding the MDawg stories on the two forums, and the people who are most annoyed. They divide into two distinct populations.

This isn't complete unanimous, but for the most part, the people most annoyed by MDawg (kewlJ, EV, MrV. Boz, now myself since his stuff became cartoonish, to a lesser extent BoSox, AndrewG) are people who either gamble for a living or gamble large amounts. They do or have done what I would refer to as serious gambling. The people who are neutral or support MDawg do not gamble serious amounts of money. And before somebody mentions The Wiz, let me say that you can tell, by the kinds of things Shackleford has posted in the past (with pics) that he's not a big player.

While not unanimous, that seems to be the theme. The higher the roller, so to speak, the more annoying the win/win/win fantasy is to the person. I find that fascinating. The bigger the player, the more, to paraphrase Mission, the nonsense fucking matters.
    Shut The Fuck Up Commie Fag!

What are the odds that this 'Strictly'Expectedvalue/MDawg meetup will happen?

MarcusClark is clearly a sock of DoofDawg; the gatekeepers over at WoV must be snoozing; either that or they're getting played.

No way that grovelling worm is legit.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

I'll take the time to address this post because it's well-thought out and articulated.

1.) It depends on what you mean by, "Calling out the nonsense." Baccarat systems don't work, have failed in the past and will continue to fail after I am dead---assuming that people are still playing Baccarat by then. In MDawg's thread, I mentioned several times that Baccarat is a negative expectation game and that, given enough time (and absent some AP tactics), 100% of negative EV Baccarat players will eventually lose-system or no system. I have said that MDawg, personally, would lose if only if were able to play enough, and again, absent any sort of AP tactic or external factor that might swing the EV.

The nonsense in the thread is any attempt to discredit the claims as to his personal results (until they become statistically virtually impossible) with nothing more than conjecture. We have hit a point where some of these claims (assuming the meetup with Wizard happens) will either be supported, somewhat supported or demonstrated to be bullshit.

That aside, suggesting that MDawg's reporting of his results is extremely unlikely is perfectly fine. I could demonstrate that if I knew his exact playing parameters. Calling the claims as to his results categorically untrue is not a mathematically valid thing to do, so I am actually in that thread defending the math. Whatever his system is, you could run 10,000 simulations playing the same number of hands (however many he has played) and the results would almost certainly show a few players are ahead.

As to winning however many sessions in a row---what I'll say about that is that MDawg seems inconsistent in what he calls a, "Session." He hasn't stated any absolute rules for his playing parameters and his reports of his actual play have slightly contradicted what parameters have been stated. I think he'd even admit that.

So, it's for me to do a, "Reality Check," just that systems don't work and Baccarat is a negative EV game. Between WoV and WoO, there is a myriad of good and mathematically sound gambling information, so I really think that people getting so worried about one thread about one individual is a greatly exaggerated thing to do. Sure, more people could spring up, but then you would just consolidate all trip reports pertaining to using a system into one thread and retitle it, or just consolidate all trip reports into one thread entirely.

2.) To your second paragraph, I have weighed in to the extent that Baccarat is a negative expectation game and 100% of players will eventually be on the losing end. I have repeated this on many occasions in MDawg's thread. I don't know what else you could possibly want from me in that regard.

I also think you're mistaking my unwillingness to attack someone's credibility without proof for a total unwillingness to attack someone's credibility. Do I believe every word MDawg writes? Not really, but it doesn't matter. I don't have to believe it. However, let's not get it confused that not believing in something and saying it is definitively untrue are two different things. Again, I don't even see the point in being harshly antagonistic without proof. I will say that I think there is more than zero truth to MDawg's claims, but I think they are less than 100% accurate.

You'll also recall I defended 18's Yos in a row as, "Theoretically possible." Well, it is. I'm sorry that math doesn't always do what you want it to.

3.) To the next two sentences: As far as I can tell, MDawg is not trying to sell his system in any way. If there was any evidence to support an accusation, then I'd go after him vociferously and examine every word of his posts for contradictions. I don't see that he's encouraging anyone else to play Baccarat directly, but you can correct me if I'm wrong.

Again, unlike a few of you, I have not read every post he has ever written.

4.) I don't think being a gambling writer and a small-time AP changes anything. The math supports what the math supports. If the math says, "Very unlikely," that's still not the same thing as, "Absolutely not," with respect to one person's claims. Again, I'm sorry if you consider it a personal disservice that the math doesn't say what you want it to say.

To wit, suppose session parameters resulted in a probability of winning an individual, "Session," 90% of the time, the odds against winning fifty sessions in a row would be less than 200:1. That's not Earth-shattering mathematical unlikelihood.

5.) Going back to #1-#3---I have said in that thread, and I quote, "The best way to play Baccarat is---1.) Don't play Baccarat..." so if you think I'm not weighing in, then you're just not seeing what you don't want to be there and I can't help you with that.

6.) To be clear, I'm not neutral on the claims that his systems works. It doesn't. No system does. I'm neutral on the subject of his trip reports because I have no evidence for or against.

You remember that grand old time that evidence of something actually mattered? O.J. got off. You people have nothing. Rest assured, you might soon, detectives.

7.) Finally, what keeps MDawg's thread alive? I mean, from the perspective of those who wish it dead? I'll tell you---the people coming in and creating more posts to challenge him certainly helps. It was the same thing with Nathan; you people just don't know how to get someone gone who you want gone. You ignore them. Without the detractors, you'd have MDawg, a couple of loyal fans and maybe me popping in every so often to say that gambling systems don't work and MDawg's reports are not the results that a player can or should expect.

8.) And, you think the difference is money? You're cute. No, the difference is that I have better things to do with my time, for the most part, like clip my toenails. Cleaning the toilet is also slightly more entertaining than most of this shit. You'd think the people with money would be less interested in this than I am.
    Last edited by Mission146; 04-10-2021 at 05:07 PM.

Thread Information