Page 45 of 199 FirstFirst ... 354142434445464748495595145 ... LastLast

Thread: The Adventures of MDawg (in progress)

Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    Go back to pencil pushing you're on Ignore until you come up with something worth commenting on, that isn't based on theory. But I guess I won't know when you come up with anything other than theory anyway since I won't see it.

Was trying to get AMZN too far below 1900, wasn't really happening so I went TSLA instead, 468 to 472. Cha'ching! (Those are real dollars, not theoretical.)
    You make the statement that you shouldn't comment on things you've never tried and yet you are saying to never write covered calls on volatile stocks even though you have never tried it. LOL.

Go back to pencil pushing you're on Ignore until you come up with something worth commenting on, that isn't based on theory. But I guess I won't know when you come up with anything other than theory anyway since I won't see it.
    Was trying to get AMZN too far below 1900, wasn't really happening so I went TSLA instead, 468 to 472. Cha'ching! (Those are real dollars, not theoretical.)
    Theory split the atom. Theory exploded a nuclear device. Theory put men in outer space. Your ignorant blather about theory is mental midgetry at it's finest.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Now it's 487 - fifteen points higher than where I sold it. But I still have my long term TSLA, was just trading extra shares. Book the profit and move on.

MickeyCrimm on ignore now too. I look forward to NOT seeing no less than one post a day from you in my thread, Crimm! Keep it up. How about two or three Ignored posts a day in my thread from you? Maybe you can join Axel in his quest for nonexistent CTR slips.

Last edited by MDawg; 04-02-2020 at 07:56 AM.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Hey dannyj, what do you think? Should we take this guy up on his idea to sell covered calls on our high flying stocks, or ignore him, until he comes up with something better? You tell me.
    Neither Dawg.
    It was just conversation; that's what makes a market. Besides, I like tableplay he's a good dude.

Now it's 487 - fifteen points higher than where I sold it. But I still have my long term TSLA, was just trading extra shares. Book the profit and move on.

MickeyCrimm on ignore now too. I look forward to NOT seeing no less than one post a day from you in my thread, Crimm! Keep it up. How about two or three Ignored posts a day in my thread from you? Maybe you can join Axel in his quest for nonexistent CTR slips.

That's where YOU belong. On everyone's ignore list. I really don't care if you don't read my posts. My objective is to point out that you have no ability in gambling math and push unsound gambling principles. I'm writing to others, not you. So keep writing your phony shit. I'll keep debunking it.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

dannyj - got it. I'm still leaving TPlay on Ignore though.

What's that, what's that? Another Ignored post from the NoseBleed section? MickeyCrimm, care to make it three posts about me today? Whatever you are saying, please keep it coming!

The other night I watched "Ed Wood" again, the eponymous movie about the man who was, very deservedly, voted The Worst Movie Director Who Ever Lived. Wood became friends with Bela Lugosi in the last few years of Lugosi's life. In one scene, Wood visits Lugosi in the hospital where he's being treated for morphine addiction. Lugosi's room is filled with the sleaziest kind of paparazzi, sensationalist tabloid reporters and photographers. Wood chases them away, horrified. "Don't you understand?" he tells Lugosi. "They'll ruin you! They'll print terrible things about you!"

Lugosi smiles broadly. He'd called the papparazzi himself, and was thrilled that they'd come and were now going to violate his privacy with distorted, false, sensational stories and ugly photos.

Lugosi explains: "Kid --- there is no such thing as bad press."
    Last edited by MDawg; 04-02-2020 at 09:18 AM.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Tried to get it again at 469 didn't quite go that low on this second bottom attempt. Should I cancel the order?

Honestly for a scalp I'd probably try to short AMZN in the 1920s, but I don't like going short against the box of my long term shares.

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    Hey dannyj, what do you think? Should we take this guy up on his idea to sell covered calls on our high flying stocks, or ignore him, until he comes up with something better? You tell me.
    Neither Dawg.
    It was just conversation; that's what makes a market. Besides, I like tableplay he's a good dude.
    The feeling's mutual Danny.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

That's where YOU belong. On everyone's ignore list. I really don't care if you don't read my posts. My objective is to point out that you have no ability in gambling math and push unsound gambling principles. I'm writing to others, not you. So keep writing your phony shit. I'll keep debunking it.
    Ditto. Mdawg wants an echo chamber Mickey, but he's not going to get one even with his earplugs in.

Just goes to show that what worked earlier doesn't necessarily work again. I haven't done a second trade yet, but I have a scuttling bottom if she gets there buy order in for TSLA at 457.

Lowered it to 456. I'm in now. Just trying to get a point.

May have to average in for this trade if it drops any lower. But in general I'd rather see it this low here now than closer to the bell. Should be a bounce.

DONE. I first got a partial fill of only 530 shares the first time it finally hit the ask, but then it rebounded and filled the other 470 shares.

It did go as low as 450s but I hung tough and made the grand. I saw it go as high as 458 or maybe more anyway.

So that's five extra grand made trading TSLA today.

At this moment, my long term shares in everything are pretty much flat. They were up a lot earlier. And down a lot after that. Even now. Choppy waters, good for trading, not so much for long terms.

I ended up ahead something like 32 grand (long terms) which is really nothing, but it's better than yesterday when my long terms ended up down something like -400 grand. Choppy waters.

The five grand I made today, and here and there through trading, will help a lot, once the market recovers.

TSLA rocking in the AH! That helps! my long term TSLA. And shows the irony of how, at least today, I struggled to make a grand on that last TSLA trade, which if I had held past the bell, would have been down -$2500. at the bell, but up + like fifty grand right now on just that one trade.

This is Barney,

Much like the most greatest Madogs, on the last trip to the Vegas before the corner virus thing hit, the LID (a professional craps player) had lots of good foods and made lots of monies playing the craps. Here's a couple of pictures from his last Vegas trip.
    Name:  lid burger big 4.jpg
Views: 1789
Size:  119.4 KB

Name:  LID with lots of money 2.jpg
Views: 1745
Size:  53.8 KB

MD here's a hint: Whenever somebody doesn't believe something that you know to be true feel free to defend yourself once in a while, but leave it at that. If it's true, it doesn't f****** matter what anybody else believes, especially, if the people you surround yourself with know the truth.
    Since you claim to have no real agenda other than discussing with other gamblers it shouldn't matter what the naysayers believe, there's no reason to try to convince us.
    Why not just go discuss your gambling and whatnot with the gamblers on gamblingforums who believe in all this stuff and will bow to your greatness? If it's important for you to have everyone believe you, there's a simple solution to that. Invite a couple people long to witness your greatness.

I ended up ahead something like 32 grand (long terms) which is really nothing, but it's better than yesterday when my long terms ended up down something like -400 grand. Choppy waters.

The five grand I made today, and here and there through trading, will help a lot, once the market recovers.

TSLA rocking in the AH! That helps! my long term TSLA. And shows the irony of how, at least today, I struggled to make a grand on that last TSLA trade, which if I had held past the bell, would have been down -$2500. at the bell, but up + like fifty grand right now on just that one trade.
    Homerun after hours!

Axel: just one word. Well, actually, three. Show me the CTRs! Or is it four?

dannyj: Yes! and that's why, as we discussed previously, long term seems to always beat out short term (eventually anyway). My target on my long term TSLA shares is mid 1000s. We got so close! and then all this happened....

Honestly though when it gets to 1000, probably I will raise the GTC to 1200, and so on. lol

But, getting back to short term: trading extra shares as long as you book a profit doesn't hurt, right?

Hmm...covered calls...can you imagine the disaster if I had sold a covered call on TSLA? Gapped up in the AH, assume it'll gap up in the pre- tomorrow, sold out instantly at the bell for a song. And that's real world versus theory.
    Last edited by MDawg; 04-02-2020 at 05:24 PM.

dannyj: Yes! and that's why, as we discussed previously, long term seems to always beat out short term (eventually anyway). My target on my long term TSLA shares is mid 1000s. We got so close! and then all this happened....

Honestly though when it gets to 1000, probably I will raise the GTC to 1200, and so on. lol

But, getting back to short term: trading extra shares as long as you book a profit doesn't hurt, right?

Hmm...covered calls...can you imagine the disaster if I had sold a covered call on TSLA? Gapped up in the AH, assume it'll gap up in the pre- tomorrow, sold out instantly at the bell for a song. And that's real world versus theory.
    MDawg, while I question your gambling stories, I will say you are spot on when it comes to stocks and cover calls. I agree with everything you’ve said. I’ve gone down the cover call road a couple times after reading a couple investment books, and regretted it. Yes, you’ll get it right sometimes, but most the time you lose the good ones that run. I’ve lost out on a lot of potential money with the stupid cover call strategy. The stocks that don’t move, the premiums are so low it’s not worth it. I thought your analogy of a bowl of porridge for a King’s ransom or something like that was a good one.

Now to my question, what makes you like Tesla so much? You really think it’s going to 1000? I know it spiked up today, but long term I’ve always believed it would fall. It’s way over valued by an metric, except if you view it as a high tech. The competition will catch up. I mean all they make is fancy battery cars. What makes you think it’ll keep going up? Don’t you see it as risky?

You keep mentioning CTR'S I have no clue what you're talking about(I assume you're talking about cash transaction reports?) I don't think I've ever mentioned ctr's in a conversation with you. I don't think I've ever had a CTR physically in my hand.

Thread Information