I have been trying to bet the XFL and I am up slightly after 2 weeks but this is more about how stupid some coaches are. And do they even understand the rules, and have they hired the right people to help them with scoring management.

One of my favorite things about the XFL is no extra points, only an opportunity to go for 1, 2 or 3 points after a touchdown. It adds interest and more coaching choices, and more opportunities for ties later in the game, and late covers against spreads, but that hasn’t often so far.

No clue how Red is doing but at this point I’m betting line moves and understand based on perceptions on public betting. And I will say the little I am up is more luck than anything else.

This post is more about winning a game more than betting but I just watched Dallas up 9 go for 2 instead of 1. Did the coach understand a 9 point lead is a one score game and a 10 point lead is a 2 score game? So could they justify it as they had a better chance of scoring from the 5 yard line for 2, instead of 1 from the 2 yard line? Otherwise it’s a failure to understand the rules.

Either way it looks like another under in a league filled with them so far. And the coaches probably need a good chart on when to go for what, although each offense may play it different.

And the NFL ready needs to look at this option if they want to create excitement and get away from boring Extra Points.