From a post on the [vpFREE] discussion group regarding a promotion that took place on 2/29/2020:

"Unfortunately this weekend I and at least 100 other people had a bad experience at the $50,000 Jackpot drawing at Caesars.

People who received W2G taxable jackpots from all Caesars properties in Las Vegas from Jan. 1 to Feb. 28 were invited to this drawing. When I called to book (800 number) I specifically asked if I needed to book a room to qualify and whether only people who booked this offer would be included or if EVERYONE who got W2s during this period would be in the group of names drawn. I was told I MUST book a 2 night stay to enter, and only those with a room could be in the drawing.

The reason I was concerned was that if everyone was entered who had received W2Gs during two months, there would be hundreds of thousands of entries for people, most of whom would not be attending this drawing. A host at Rio also confirmed this.

Unfortunately this drawing turned into sham, when those of us who booked rooms arrived for the event and as soon as they drew the first 20 names at 8pm, it was obvious that something was wrong. There were no winners. For the next two hours, total of 5 drawings, there were no winners. The man announcing the event was as surprised as we were, and it was now obvious that winners were drawn from all the W2Gs at all Caesars properties over 2 months, not just from those of us who “entered” by booking rooms.

If anyone has the email address of someone high up at Caesars to complain to, please send it to me. I have already sent an email to my host and one higher up.

Meanwhile, I and a bunch of other folks were quite upset, to put it mildly, as we wasted our time and gambling money for nothing."