Thread: Covid Heads Up

I had two groups of friends and relatives, traveling on separate coasts, contract Covid very quickly and severely, despite being vaxxed, boosted, and in some instances having had Covid previously. The suspicion is that both groups contracted it via airports and on planes as opposed to actual in-person meetings and greetings. The exposure to symptom time lag was very short (24-48 hours) and they spread it to household members within the same 24-48 hours.

One of the friends is an ultra-marathoner who's been vaxxed, boosted, and had it previously, so about as healthy and prepared as one could get. His wife is a personal trainer in better shape than him, so again, as physically well prepared as one could get. He got very sick.

Just a heads up as the new variants appear to be faster than previous. And, as has been reported in academia, getting Covid a second time appears to be significantly worse than the first go round, regardless of whether you've had it or whether you have been vaxxed and boosted.

https://time.com/6232103/covid-19-reinfections-effects/

Nobody escapes death... nobody.
    Even though Jesus defeated death, he still had to go through the experience of death and most likely in the most horrific way imaginable.
    Get Ready!

Of course the two exceptions are Enoch and Elijah but we are not certain how God took them.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Nobody escapes death... nobody.
    Even though Jesus defeated death, he still had to go through the experience of death and most likely in the most horrific way imaginable.
    Get Ready!

Of course the two exceptions are Enoch and Elijah but we are not certain how God took them.

I think you're missing Lazarus, monet. I assume he died twice, but the Gospels don't mention it. Maybe he changed his name to Bram Stoker and became a novelist.

Tuberculosis has been a problem with mankind for at least 4,000 years worldwide and kills more people every year compared to COVID.
    In 2021 alone, 10.6 Million people were infected with TB and at least 1.6 Million People DIED.
    As I have said before, the world produces enough food to feed 13 billion people and it only has roughly 8 billion souls.

Around 821 million people go hungry worldwide.
    That is 11 percent of the world's population.
    Around 2 billion people worldwide suffer from malnutrition.
    2 Fucking Billion... what is that?? 25 to 30 % of the entire Fucking World.
    One in Nine people do not have the minimum required amount of food available.

So, let's start worrying and fixing these two major problems immediately because we could if we wanted to but nobody gives a Fuck because it isn't profitable.
    Even though if you lift people out of poverty you will propel society even further than it already is.

My point is... stop worrying about the Fucking FLU.
    Over 99% of people will recover fully even if they have a "bad bout" with it.
    Stop Fear Mongering and get on with your life because it is fragile and if COVID doesn't get you, something else surely will.

Monet, I've been well aware of the old stat -- 3000 people die each day of hunger or hunger-related diseases -- since I was in ninth grade. It made an impact on me then. Not going to forget it.

Thread Information