I am not worried about myself, but my parents are near 70. Lucky they're fairly healthy for their age. However people with lung issues or weak cardio stuff are going to have a really hard go of it. This stuff has sorta been mapped out though. Thats the problem - when too many old people get it at once. Where are all the beds and ventilators and such. The answer is they don't exist. Fuck you won't even want to go into the hospital because you'd likely catch this thing.

It may very well die off when warm weather comes about. That isn't a given. Seems in a month or so we could maybe have a better idea. If it never appears in the warmer climates then we'll likely be ok. If for some reason this stuff is resistant to hotter climates, things are going to get really really nasty IMO. The US has a few things going for it - not so much mass transit. However, paid sick time is a LOL liberal concept and such. The gig economy. The fact that paying for medical care would cost you a fortune, so if you are younger you just toughen it out and likely spread it. The incentives and laws are not there to contain it in the US.

Oh yea and testing. For LOLZ look at how much testing is done in the US vs other countries. Oh man, don't want socialized medical care. You know.. free market fixes everything. yep! Just go google how many corona tests we have had in the US vs other countries. Incredibly pathetic.