Page 1 of 39 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Scam

Multi-thousands of Americans die from the common flu every year. Why no stock market drop? Why no quarantines? Why no banning of crowds? Why do so many people not get flu shots every year. How many of you got a flu shot this year?

There are 12K deaths from the common flu so far this season. There are 27 dead from coronavirus. It's just a media event meant to scare the hell out of people and tank the economy.

THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Smart and aware people agree with that. The so-called "panic" is only the hate-Trump media trying to make it look like it's a doomsday event. And last night, because CNN doesn't like it that everything is being done the right way and far better than Obama handled the H1N1 virus of 2009 where over a half million people died worldwide, the geniuses at that network "officially" termed it a "pandemic" when no medical infectious disease authority has called it that.

As usual, Trump will survive yet another democrat and deranged media hoax.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Multi-thousands of Americans die from the common flu every year. Why no stock market drop? Why no quarantines? Why no banning of crowds? Why do so many people not get flu shots every year. How many of you got a flu shot this year?

There are 12K deaths from the common flu so far this season. There are 27 dead from coronavirus. It's just a media event meant to scare the hell out of people and tank the economy.

Great point Mickey. Yesterday I was able to purchase 3 different preferred stock issues below par that I had been wanting for awhile which were above par before the scam-induced severe plunge of the market - as you may know, usually preferred stocks, like most fixed income instruments, only drop if interest rates rise, but the plunge was so bad that even preferreds dropped into a buying opportunity in many cases.

I don’t really think this belongs in the Las Vegas subsection :/

I am surprised Midwest Player hasn’t stopped in to tell us it’s trumps fault.

The flu doesn't affect the stock market because it's a known known. Whatever economic consequences it has are already factored into stock prices.

The flu also doesn't have pandemic potential because of its short latency period, low mortality rate, and the availability of vaccines.

Of course the corona virus scare may be overblown. But you can say that in the early stages of any potential health crisis and you'll usually be right.

The fact that countries far removed from the US are taking rather extreme preventative measures (Japan canceled all primary schooling) should make it apparent that the reaction, whether it will prove excessive or not, is not a conspiracy by the American media to weaken your favorite politician.

Uh-oh, the stock market is responding to what Trump's doing for us all again....up over 1000 pts.!

What will the fools and queers at MSNBC and CNN do?? OH-NO!!

So the theory here is that it's a media event originating in China, shutting down Italy itself (because, from posts here, we know that Italians are a particularly strange bunch), and it's all an illusion?

Good luck with that.

The optimistic federal rhetoric did not match the actions all along. I figured this would be bad, get worse, and blow up, because God knows, "self-quarantining" is an oxymoron when it comes to Americans.

Viruses generally get "less lethal" as they mutate, so the longer one puts off getting this, the more likely it is that you get a survivable strain. There are multiple strains. The Italians appear to have some virulent ones.

Death rates in the US will be interesting, as the relatively low population densities should slow the spread somewhat, and we figure to get some of the later, less lethal strains. However, obesity is going to be an issue, as are high blood pressure and diabetes.

"The media," whatever that is, is getting its cues from science. Science knows what's coming. Italy is not 300,000 miles on the other side of Jupiter.

Mickey, I only bothered to post this because it was you, and I want you to take pristine care of yourself. Most of the lethality issues are with men in our age group with underlying issues, although Italy's young men appear to be taking a beating when they get their version. A service economy figured to get clobbered by this, and I think people underestimate the percent of global spending attributable to "tourism." If tourism tanks, the economy tanks.

Just take care of yourself. On metal, the virus lasts a couple of hours. It's lasted up to nine days on other surfaces.

Airports are virtually indefensible. I wore gloves on board the plane and in the LV airport my last trip (got back the 29th). You can wear a hazmat suit in airports, and it's still not a lock to protect you. Your stuff goes in bins, and onto conveyors, and none of that is cleaned or disinfected on any regular basis.

This is not a drill, people.

P.S. No, I did not get a flu shot this year, because of the numbers. The flu shot rhetoric goes something like, "Helps prevent flu in 60% of shot recipients." Now, advertising folks recognize a string of gobbledygook there. "Helps prevent" isn't the same as "prevent." And 60% ain't a confidence-inspirer. So basically, in all likelihood, flu shots are marginally useful. I pass because I have occasional odd reactions to things, like antibiotics, so I can never count on a standard reaction.
    Last edited by redietz; 03-10-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Typical. The libtard media gets lambasted with the truth by several posters and it was like scoring a direct hit to the heart of a loon like redietz, so he goes CNN on us.

Like mickey has a ton to worry about in the middle of Montana.

Weird. Just plain weird.

As per usual, "Singer' avoids posting numbers of any kind.

My opinion? There will be a minimum of 10 million infected. The trick will be, if 20% require hospitalization, to not overwhelm the U.S. health care system in a span of a couple of months.

My opinion is probably way, way low. The head of the German equivalent of the CDC just announced an expectation that more than half of Germans will be infected.

I understand the preference to pretend it's an illusion, but that preference does nobody any favors.

I'll go out on a limb here and write like I'm answering a question. Our stock market does respond to international events. Yesterday's drop priced in the expected global impact of the virus and a major drop in oil prices with Saudi and Russian production being amped up. I gambled with someone with family in China and she related that her's and other families are basically staying home and sending someone out to get supplies every couple days. They live a long way from Wuhon. Imagine what would happen if this occurred in a consumer driven US economy. The market is imagining it. The market is also imagining what will happen if we reach Italy status. If this is a global pandemic, it is going to affect trade, supply chains, and hence the market and economy whether the US has a lot of cases or not.

We know at this stage that there is community transmission occurring in the US. We just don't know how prevalent it is because we haven't done much testing. That leaves businesses, citizens, local governments and markets to rely on guessing. Closures and cancellations are going to be an economic drag and it will be beneficial when we have enough testing to have enough data points for people to make informed decisions. We will also have a better idea of transmission and fatality rates.

I honestly don't know if the stock market will do better or worse once the unknowns are known. My guess is that people and the market will adjust to even bad news that they know about better than they are doing with not knowing. I will say that the coronavirus is not a scam. I will also predict the amount of reported cases in this country is going to rise as more testing is available. This won't mean that the US is suddenly being over run by the virus, it will just be a more accurate reflection of how many Americans have already been affected.

I'm not convinced of the applicabillity of the flue analogy. Flue season comes every year. It's already priced into the Market and how we live. We have access to vaccines and information about at risk populations, fatality and transmission rates. If a school district gets hit hard, they may suspend classes. If a particularly vicious strain of flue hits that causes other countries to alter how they live and do business, then it will influence the market.

Hope you're doing well Mickey. I worked with a woman years ago who had been diagnosed with leukemia. I was a union steward looking for ways to extend her insurance coverage after she couldn't work any more. I figure it would ultimately just reduce the debt her family had when she died. She lived though. She is kind of a force of nature. She couldn't be a PO anymore, so she reinvented her professional life and graduates in a few weeks. While in school, she has been working with prisoner reentry programs. Her illness may still kill her someday. In the meantime, though, she's kicking ass, taking names , and leaving a mark. I think that you're kind of a force of nature too. It sounds like you're making adjustments to your life. It wouldn't surprise me if you built an even better life than you had before. I love reading your stories of how you got here, and someday I might get to read about where you're headed.
    Take care.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

My opinion? There will be a minimum of 10 million infected. The trick will be, if 20% require hospitalization, to not overwhelm the U.S. health care system in a span of a couple of months.

My opinion is probably way, way low. The head of the German equivalent of the CDC just announced an expectation that more than half of Germans will be infected.

I understand the preference to pretend it's an illusion, but that preference does nobody any favors.
    You cherry-picked what the Germans said because you don't know any better.

You're such a douche bag. Read what mickey wrote and listen to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, even though you hate this country.

And wise up.

Originally Posted by wasilla View Post

I'll go out on a limb here and write like I'm answering a question. Our stock market does respond to international events. Yesterday's drop priced in the expected global impact of the virus and a major drop in oil prices with Saudi and Russian production being amped up. I gambled with someone with family in China and she related that her's and other families are basically staying home and sending someone out to get supplies every couple days. They live a long way from Wuhon. Imagine what would happen if this occurred in a consumer driven US economy. The market is imagining it. The market is also imagining what will happen if we reach Italy status. If this is a global pandemic, it is going to affect trade, supply chains, and hence the market and economy whether the US has a lot of cases or not.

We know at this stage that there is community transmission occurring in the US. We just don't know how prevalent it is because we haven't done much testing. That leaves businesses, citizens, local governments and markets to rely on guessing. Closures and cancellations are going to be an economic drag and it will be beneficial when we have enough testing to have enough data points for people to make informed decisions. We will also have a better idea of transmission and fatality rates.

I honestly don't know if the stock market will do better or worse once the unknowns are known. My guess is that people and the market will adjust to even bad news that they know about better than they are doing with not knowing. I will say that the coronavirus is not a scam. I will also predict the amount of reported cases in this country is going to rise as more testing is available. This won't mean that the US is suddenly being over run by the virus, it will just be a more accurate reflection of how many Americans have already been affected.

I'm not convinced of the applicabillity of the flue analogy. Flue season comes every year. It's already priced into the Market and how we live. We have access to vaccines and information about at risk populations, fatality and transmission rates. If a school district gets hit hard, they may suspend classes. If a particularly vicious strain of flue hits that causes other countries to alter how they live and do business, then it will influence the market.

Hope you're doing well Mickey. I worked with a woman years ago who had been diagnosed with leukemia. I was a union steward looking for ways to extend her insurance coverage after she couldn't work any more. I figure it would ultimately just reduce the debt her family had when she died. She lived though. She is kind of a force of nature. She couldn't be a PO anymore, so she reinvented her professional life and graduates in a few weeks. While in school, she has been working with prisoner reentry programs. Her illness may still kill her someday. In the meantime, though, she's kicking ass, taking names , and leaving a mark. I think that you're kind of a force of nature too. It sounds like you're making adjustments to your life. It wouldn't surprise me if you built an even better life than you had before. I love reading your stories of how you got here, and someday I might get to read about where you're headed.
    Take care.
    What an idiot. Read what mickey wrote. The flu transfers exactly the same as this particular strain, and we've never entered into panic mode over the flu. And everyone already knows to beware of the Elizabeth Warren bullshit effect---where she continuously evokes the existence of "friends or acquaintances" who've experienced this or that. It's what very weak, insecure and incompetent stupid people do when they have no other answers.

Wise up.

I don't think that our healthcare system has a lot of excess capacity. This certainly becomes more deadly if we run out ventilators, beds, and nurses. I understand that China mobilized an army of health care workers and built hospitals in days. Wow.

The problem is the media has cried wolf so much it’s hard to take anything seriously. Y2k bug, nuclear holocaust, cyber attack on power grid, asteroid impact, anthrax, ebola, Sars, Bird flu, Zika virus, Ecoli, swine flu, Mad Cow disease, ISIS, 2nd great depression, flesh eating bacteria, brain eating amoeba, climate change, peak oil, Clown attacks, (just a few weeks ago we were going to war with Iran almost certainly) etc, etc, etc.

We don’t know what a real problem would sound like in the news because every time you turn it on you find out about the next thing that is going to doom us all and fortunately nothing ever comes of it.

Hopefully this will continue to be the case.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    I don’t really think this belongs in the Las Vegas subsection :/

I am surprised Midwest Player hasn’t stopped in to tell us it’s trumps fault.
    The Las Vegas section is the catch all section. Always has been. No one ever complained before you. And the coronavirus has an effect on las vegas. Put it in a different section it doesn't get read.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 03-10-2020 at 04:38 PM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

I dunno.
    This virus is something new.
    over 4000 deaths worldwide so far.
    It didn't take very long for it to start spreading worldwide and into the United States.
    A couple of months ago I was like... pfft whatever but now I am starting to think it might be more serious as they can't contain it.
    Countries are starting to actually shut down.

Is it a scam? It could be but it might not be.
    You didn't think this worldwide lifestyle of debauchery could go on and on forever did you??
    IMO we are overdue for another world war and or plague on mankind.
    It is a constant theme all through history for the last 4000 years.
    Perhaps it is just time.

The Black Death claimed about 50% of the world population.
    With all our knowledge we can't even cure the common cold so I don't think it is very far fetched for a pandemic to hit the world.
    Leprosy and the Bubonic Plague still pop up every year but they do have cures for both.

Not sure how any of it really matters though.
    The point is you and I and everyone else is going to die eventually.
    They haven't invented a pill to give you eternal life or avoid death so...
    it seems it is more important to worry about what happens to you after dying.
    I find it amazing how people think they can stop death and think they can live forever.

If it goes that far you can count on it to infect 99% or more of the world population.
    The survival rate will be the important statistic.
    Many studies are already suggesting that it will infect 99% of the world because it is too late to contain it.
    The only hope is that it burns out so to speak.
    Last edited by monet; 03-10-2020 at 05:12 PM.

Redietz wrote:

"So the theory here is that it's a media event originating in China, shutting down Italy itself (because, from posts here, we know that Italians are a particularly strange bunch), and it's all an illusion?

Good luck with that.

The optimistic federal rhetoric did not match the actions all along. I figured this would be bad, get worse, and blow up, because God knows, "self-quarantining" is an oxymoron when it comes to Americans.

Viruses generally get "less lethal" as they mutate, so the longer one puts off getting this, the more likely it is that you get a survivable strain. There are multiple strains. The Italians appear to have some virulent ones.

Death rates in the US will be interesting, as the relatively low population densities should slow the spread somewhat, and we figure to get some of the later, less lethal strains. However, obesity is going to be an issue, as are high blood pressure and diabetes.

"The media," whatever that is, is getting its cues from science. Science knows what's coming. Italy is not 300,000 miles on the other side of Jupiter."

Redietz, tell us the truth are you hoping for the coronavirus to be contracted by millions of people in the US in hope that Biden then wins the election against Trump?

Redietz wrote:

"Mickey, I only bothered to post this because it was you, and I want you to take pristine care of yourself. Most of the lethality issues are with men in our age group with underlying issues, although Italy's young men appear to be taking a beating when they get their version. A service economy figured to get clobbered by this, and I think people underestimate the percent of global spending attributable to "tourism." If tourism tanks, the economy tanks.

Just take care of yourself. On metal, the virus lasts a couple of hours. It's lasted up to nine days on other surfaces."

Redietz, if mickey and the rest us members all get bedridden and confined to our homes, I suppose during the interim period that you expect us all to read your new blog.
    Last edited by BoSox; 03-10-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

Take care.
    What an idiot. Read what mickey wrote. The flu transfers exactly the same as this particular strain, and we've never entered into panic mode over the flu. And everyone already knows to beware of the Elizabeth Warren bullshit effect---where she continuously evokes the existence of "friends or acquaintances" who've experienced this or that. It's what very weak, insecure and incompetent stupid people do when they have no other answers.

Wise up.
    Are you calling
    wasilla an idiot? If so, why? It's not like he's saying anything crazy. I don't really know anything about him, however, from what I've read so far, his posts come off as well written, intelligent and logical. And unless I miss something he doesn't seem to be combative in any way either. Considering how much garbage there is on these forums we should be celebrating his contributions instead of calling him an idiot.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

Take care.

Wise up.
    Are you calling
    wasilla an idiot? If so, why? It's not like he's saying anything crazy. I don't really know anything about him, however, from what I've read so far, his posts come off as well written, intelligent and logical. And unless I miss something he doesn't seem to be combative in any way either. Considering how much garbage there is on these forums we should be celebrating his contributions instead of calling him an idiot.
    Yes, absolutely. This is about coronavirus, and he's taken it into panic mode thanks to believing in the hate-Trump media when it's hardly even close to how the flu affects us. Then he goes into telling us what we all know already. He seems to enjoy being spoon-fed followed by projectile vomiting. I thought he was gonna cry when I opined the way I did about Jean and Brad.

It'S jUsT tHe FlU bRo!!!
    #FreeTyde

Thread Information