Originally Posted by monet View Post
Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
Harmless to most people doesn't mean it isn't a problem. I see both sides on this one. I have taken some risks. I'd likely be fine if I caught it, but I don't want to be exposed to it constantly and not know when I would likely have it versus not. Our narcissistic President DID go to the hospital over this thing, regardless of his performance afterwards. It isn't a joke. I read a nytimes article how a lot of doctors are quitting. Then I see people on the right trying to tell me the virus has had hospitals go out of business. (After examination, that claim was sketchy at best.) There are lots of doctors who quit and if you go full on and have the hospitals overflow you're likely going to lose a lot more. Not to the virus itself as much as just not wanting to deal with a multitude of issues.

I'm not really arguing for or against lockdowns. Treatment and the state of knowledge has improved tremendously with this thing. If we'd let it fly then we'd likely be through it, but who knows how much things would have changed. If we had a President who was simply behind the science and had not politicized this thing and fucked up things far more than needed, then perhaps we'd have found a workable common ground.

If you are a doctor and know you're about to be tremendously overworked and put in danger - largely because people refuse to follow recommendations until one of these multiple of vaccines come out, what would you do? I might just say 'ahh fuck it' and peace out for the time being. Especially if I was in one of these areas where everyone is chastised for wearing masks. Luckily I live in a liberal city and Covid has been kept under control. It isn't like this everywhere. Some of these places crawling with dumb hicks who are pro-stupidity.

Saw a nurse on twitter being interviewed about people on their deathbeds. In denial until the end and pissed off at her (the nurse). Insisting it must be the flu. Ugh. Too bad hospitals couldn't work under a true free market and tell those people to 'fuck off, you brought this on yourself'. Then I'd 100% be for no lockdowns.

Oh well.
This is just life.
You don't tell a bunch of people in Hawaii that you're not going to help them because they decided to live beside an active volcano and that volcano is erupting.
No, you send all available help that you can.
Doctors who are quitting over this workload got into the profession for the wrong reasons, most likely.
Anyone can crack under pressure.
I am sure many of the doctors today couldn't handle being a Medic during Wartime.
Sure but if the end result is you have a shortage of doctors in some areas - you have to weigh that into your equation along with lots of other things you guys overlook.