Page 1 of 33 1234511 ... LastLast

Thread: The Coronavirus Scam

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Multi-thousands of Americans die from the common flu every year. Why no stock market drop? Why no quarantines? Why no banning of crowds? Why do so many people not get flu shots every year. How many of you got a flu shot this year?

There are 12K deaths from the common flu so far this season. There are 27 dead from coronavirus. It's just a media event meant to scare the hell out of people and tank the economy.

THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Smart and aware people agree with that. The so-called "panic" is only the hate-Trump media trying to make it look like it's a doomsday event. And last night, because CNN doesn't like it that everything is being done the right way and far better than Obama handled the H1N1 virus of 2009 where over a half million people died worldwide, the geniuses at that network "officially" termed it a "pandemic" when no medical infectious disease authority has called it that.

As usual, Trump will survive yet another democrat and deranged media hoax.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Multi-thousands of Americans die from the common flu every year. Why no stock market drop? Why no quarantines? Why no banning of crowds? Why do so many people not get flu shots every year. How many of you got a flu shot this year?

There are 12K deaths from the common flu so far this season. There are 27 dead from coronavirus. It's just a media event meant to scare the hell out of people and tank the economy.

THE SKY IS FALLING!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!
    Great point Mickey. Yesterday I was able to purchase 3 different preferred stock issues below par that I had been wanting for awhile which were above par before the scam-induced severe plunge of the market - as you may know, usually preferred stocks, like most fixed income instruments, only drop if interest rates rise, but the plunge was so bad that even preferreds dropped into a buying opportunity in many cases.

I don’t really think this belongs in the Las Vegas subsection :/

I am surprised Midwest Player hasn’t stopped in to tell us it’s trumps fault.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post

The Las Vegas section is the catch all section. Always has been. No one ever complained before you. And the coronavirus has an effect on las vegas. Put it in a different section it doesn't get read.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 03-10-2020 at 04:38 PM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

The Las Vegas section is the catch all section. Always has been. No one ever complained before you. And the coronavirus has an effect on las vegas. Put it in a different section it doesn't get read.

I don’t think that’s entirely true. Iirc monet got frustrated his salad drinking thread got moved while people were posting all types of off topic stuff in the Las Vegas subsection. And he was even located in Las Vegas when he was drinking the salads I think.

First, let me say this is "not just the flu." It is actually 10 times more deadly than the common flu, and if you are over 80, it is probably a death sentence.

Of course, the coronavirus is not Trump's fault. However, it is Trump's fault we were not ready for it. Not enough testing kits available, and refusal to test folks even though their doctors were pleading with the CDC to have them tested. Trump wanting to keep everybody on the cruise ship instead of getting them to a hospital where they belong. I'm surprised so many here still have their heads stuck up their ass.

The stock market "dead cat bounce" last week was a good chance to sell. I actually went from 33% stable value fund in my 401(k) to 45% and if the market is up again tomorrow I'm going to move more out of stocks.

I have an upcoming comped flight to Laughlin in the near future. I'm thinking about cancelling it even though I feel Laughlin will be a much safer destination than Vegas.

Finally just to show what an idiot Trump is, he now wants a payroll tax cut. What this country needs in this situation is paid sick leave for folks that don't have it. Believe me, a lot of companies don't offer it.
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 03-10-2020 at 09:36 PM.

Nitwit. Over 1000 Americans died before Obama declared an emergency over H1N1.

It’s going to be another rough day in the market to start. I own American Airlines and Boeing stock and have been getting killed. I bought more of both last week and it was too soon. I feel confident in both these companies long term but the reality is travel stocks and companies with huge presence in China are going to lose earnings that will take years to recover.

I’m in the it’s an overreaction category but the damage already done to the economy is real. That said airlines like American are offering incredible deals with mileage. As rates haven’t drop as much, it is one of the few times where you may be better off buying miles if you don’t have them, compared to just booking with cash.

As always do the math and check it out. Here is a good site for updated AP travel information if you can get past the constant shilling for the Credit Cards that pay them.

https://thepointsguy.com/

I say travel, enjoy life and stimulate the economy while saving some bucks.

The flu doesn't affect the stock market because it's a known known. Whatever economic consequences it has are already factored into stock prices.

The flu also doesn't have pandemic potential because of its short latency period, low mortality rate, and the availability of vaccines.

Of course the corona virus scare may be overblown. But you can say that in the early stages of any potential health crisis and you'll usually be right.

The fact that countries far removed from the US are taking rather extreme preventative measures (Japan canceled all primary schooling) should make it apparent that the reaction, whether it will prove excessive or not, is not a conspiracy by the American media to weaken your favorite politician.

So the theory here is that it's a media event originating in China, shutting down Italy itself (because, from posts here, we know that Italians are a particularly strange bunch), and it's all an illusion?

Good luck with that.

The optimistic federal rhetoric did not match the actions all along. I figured this would be bad, get worse, and blow up, because God knows, "self-quarantining" is an oxymoron when it comes to Americans.

Viruses generally get "less lethal" as they mutate, so the longer one puts off getting this, the more likely it is that you get a survivable strain. There are multiple strains. The Italians appear to have some virulent ones.

Death rates in the US will be interesting, as the relatively low population densities should slow the spread somewhat, and we figure to get some of the later, less lethal strains. However, obesity is going to be an issue, as are high blood pressure and diabetes.

"The media," whatever that is, is getting its cues from science. Science knows what's coming. Italy is not 300,000 miles on the other side of Jupiter.

Mickey, I only bothered to post this because it was you, and I want you to take pristine care of yourself. Most of the lethality issues are with men in our age group with underlying issues, although Italy's young men appear to be taking a beating when they get their version. A service economy figured to get clobbered by this, and I think people underestimate the percent of global spending attributable to "tourism." If tourism tanks, the economy tanks.

Just take care of yourself. On metal, the virus lasts a couple of hours. It's lasted up to nine days on other surfaces.

Airports are virtually indefensible. I wore gloves on board the plane and in the LV airport my last trip (got back the 29th). You can wear a hazmat suit in airports, and it's still not a lock to protect you. Your stuff goes in bins, and onto conveyors, and none of that is cleaned or disinfected on any regular basis.

This is not a drill, people.

P.S. No, I did not get a flu shot this year, because of the numbers. The flu shot rhetoric goes something like, "Helps prevent flu in 60% of shot recipients." Now, advertising folks recognize a string of gobbledygook there. "Helps prevent" isn't the same as "prevent." And 60% ain't a confidence-inspirer. So basically, in all likelihood, flu shots are marginally useful. I pass because I have occasional odd reactions to things, like antibiotics, so I can never count on a standard reaction.
    Last edited by redietz; 03-10-2020 at 01:56 PM.

Redietz wrote:

"So the theory here is that it's a media event originating in China, shutting down Italy itself (because, from posts here, we know that Italians are a particularly strange bunch), and it's all an illusion?

Good luck with that.

The optimistic federal rhetoric did not match the actions all along. I figured this would be bad, get worse, and blow up, because God knows, "self-quarantining" is an oxymoron when it comes to Americans.

Viruses generally get "less lethal" as they mutate, so the longer one puts off getting this, the more likely it is that you get a survivable strain. There are multiple strains. The Italians appear to have some virulent ones.

Death rates in the US will be interesting, as the relatively low population densities should slow the spread somewhat, and we figure to get some of the later, less lethal strains. However, obesity is going to be an issue, as are high blood pressure and diabetes.

"The media," whatever that is, is getting its cues from science. Science knows what's coming. Italy is not 300,000 miles on the other side of Jupiter."

Redietz, tell us the truth are you hoping for the coronavirus to be contracted by millions of people in the US in hope that Biden then wins the election against Trump?

Redietz wrote:

"Mickey, I only bothered to post this because it was you, and I want you to take pristine care of yourself. Most of the lethality issues are with men in our age group with underlying issues, although Italy's young men appear to be taking a beating when they get their version. A service economy figured to get clobbered by this, and I think people underestimate the percent of global spending attributable to "tourism." If tourism tanks, the economy tanks.

Just take care of yourself. On metal, the virus lasts a couple of hours. It's lasted up to nine days on other surfaces."

Redietz, if mickey and the rest us members all get bedridden and confined to our homes, I suppose during the interim period that you expect us all to read your new blog.
    Last edited by BoSox; 03-10-2020 at 05:47 PM.

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Redietz wrote:

"So the theory here is that it's a media event originating in China, shutting down Italy itself (because, from posts here, we know that Italians are a particularly strange bunch), and it's all an illusion?

Good luck with that.

"The media," whatever that is, is getting its cues from science. Science knows what's coming. Italy is not 300,000 miles on the other side of Jupiter."

Redietz, tell us the truth are you hoping for the coronavirus to be contracted by millions of people in the US in hope that Biden then wins the election against Trump?

Redietz wrote:

"Mickey, I only bothered to post this because it was you, and I want you to take pristine care of yourself. Most of the lethality issues are with men in our age group with underlying issues, although Italy's young men appear to be taking a beating when they get their version. A service economy figured to get clobbered by this, and I think people underestimate the percent of global spending attributable to "tourism." If tourism tanks, the economy tanks.

Just take care of yourself. On metal, the virus lasts a couple of hours. It's lasted up to nine days on other surfaces."

Redietz, if mickey and the rest us members all get bedridden and confined to our homes, I suppose during the interim period that you expect us all to read your new blog.
    That's my take on things. The American media is fueling the corona virus scare to drive the country into a recession and give the dems a chance to win the election.

Uh-oh, the stock market is responding to what Trump's doing for us all again....up over 1000 pts.!

What will the fools and queers at MSNBC and CNN do?? OH-NO!!

Typical. The libtard media gets lambasted with the truth by several posters and it was like scoring a direct hit to the heart of a loon like redietz, so he goes CNN on us.

Like mickey has a ton to worry about in the middle of Montana.

Weird. Just plain weird.

As per usual, "Singer' avoids posting numbers of any kind.

My opinion? There will be a minimum of 10 million infected. The trick will be, if 20% require hospitalization, to not overwhelm the U.S. health care system in a span of a couple of months.

My opinion is probably way, way low. The head of the German equivalent of the CDC just announced an expectation that more than half of Germans will be infected.

I understand the preference to pretend it's an illusion, but that preference does nobody any favors.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

My opinion? There will be a minimum of 10 million infected. The trick will be, if 20% require hospitalization, to not overwhelm the U.S. health care system in a span of a couple of months.

My opinion is probably way, way low. The head of the German equivalent of the CDC just announced an expectation that more than half of Germans will be infected.

I understand the preference to pretend it's an illusion, but that preference does nobody any favors.
    You cherry-picked what the Germans said because you don't know any better.

You're such a douche bag. Read what mickey wrote and listen to the PRESIDENT OF THE UNITED STATES, even though you hate this country.

And wise up.

I don't think that our healthcare system has a lot of excess capacity. This certainly becomes more deadly if we run out ventilators, beds, and nurses. I understand that China mobilized an army of health care workers and built hospitals in days. Wow.

Bump. On March 10 redietz predicted 10 million infected and he put the over/under on hospitalizations for those infected at 20%. And he was "worried" about our health care system being overwhelmed by that 20% in the span of the "next couple of months." Since he wrote the post on March 10 then May 10 would be the end of the "next couple of months."

The context of his post is that 10 million would be infected by May 10, that number has turned out to be about 4.5 million. And he was well off on the 20% hospitalization rate too.

But I guarantee you redietz has more routes than Greyhound Bus Lines so will have ample excuses for his very bad math. But he will probably go with a flat out denial that he was wrong.

Bump. On March 10 redietz predicted 10 million infected and he put the over/under on hospitalizations for those infected at 20%. And he was "worried" about our health care system being overwhelmed by that 20% in the span of the "next couple of months." Since he wrote the post on March 10 then May 10 would be the end of the "next couple of months."

The context of his post is that 10 million would be infected by May 10, that number has turned out to be about 4.5 million. And he was well off on the 20% hospitalization rate too.

But I guarantee you redietz has more routes than Greyhound Bus Lines so will have ample excuses for his very bad math. But he will probably go with a flat out denial that he was wrong.
    I don’t think we will see much of RED over here anymore other than maybe a hit and run post.

Alt Right posters must not be the target audience for his Sports Handicapping Services. Not sure he will have much better luck at WoV but all it takes is 1.

But I hear he has 40 different tickets for this Sunday’s NASCAR race purchased so he can say he had the winner Monday morning. And PROVE it.

Thread Information