I went to the first supermarket and it’s hours of operation changed to 7 am to 11 pm or a reduction of 8 hours.

The second one had new hours of 5 am to 11 pm or a reduction of 6 hours.

The shelves for toilet paper, paper towels, etc in the second store is starting to be bare. I was walking down the food aisles like soup, frozen foods, etc and it’s clear to me there are either supply issues and/or people are starting to hoard food for a 14-day quarantine.

The reduction in hours could be a manpower issue of not enough people showing up for work, e.g. claiming they are sick (when they are not and taking advantage of new, liberal sick day rules). You never know.

It’s scary how it’s like a recession in retail, restaurants, bars, etc. It’s almost like our economy is going into a deep freeze for a few weeks.

Lastly, there’s noticeably less traffic on the roads. Typically, I have to drive 65+ mph to keep up with traffic at 5 am last month and this morning at 5 am, I had my car on cruise control at 55 mph and few cars passed me. It has some elements of being in a ghost town.