Page 23 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425262733 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 by the numbers

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    This is a forum of gamblers and I've quit paying much attention to covid. I just go about life to life stuff although i do get into it here over covid. I do have to wonder about what "risk" is. While I don't think I am particularly at risk, it is quite possible I could die from covid. The death rate is 5x-10x+ the death rate of the flu. It also has weird things happen. They're figuring out how to treat these other side illnesses - which is why I'm fine avoiding the world and the virus for now.I am not in a risk group, but I live with people who are. I could become asymptomatic and pass it to others. So I take the "scared" route. I'm not particularly scared of getting it, but I'm not in any rush either. If an effective vaccine comes out then wonderful. Still have to navigate the issue of catching it and then passing it on to my parents. They're not in the best or worst shape, but they get by in their isolated world. I don't want to be the one to give it to them.

My point is "risk" is relative. From a risk takers perspective, it isn't somthing a healthy person under 50 should worry about, but then few people ever said it was. I still bet peak would happen in Montana in coming months but I'd need to double-check numbers. Too many know-it-alls doubt this thing, risk level or not.
    You are trying to come across as a normal caring human being (hopefully you are) who just so happens still lives at home with his parents. However, you are possibly sizing up all your parent's assets and how their will is made out are you not? Just another typical liberal fuck hoping to get a free ride by bringing home that virus. Please be patient you will eventually get your inheritance, no need to push it dirt bag.

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    This is a forum of gamblers and I've quit paying much attention to covid. I just go about life to life stuff although i do get into it here over covid. I do have to wonder about what "risk" is. While I don't think I am particularly at risk, it is quite possible I could die from covid. The death rate is 5x-10x+ the death rate of the flu. It also has weird things happen. They're figuring out how to treat these other side illnesses - which is why I'm fine avoiding the world and the virus for now.I am not in a risk group, but I live with people who are. I could become asymptomatic and pass it to others. So I take the "scared" route. I'm not particularly scared of getting it, but I'm not in any rush either. If an effective vaccine comes out then wonderful. Still have to navigate the issue of catching it and then passing it on to my parents. They're not in the best or worst shape, but they get by in their isolated world. I don't want to be the one to give it to them.

My point is "risk" is relative. From a risk takers perspective, it isn't somthing a healthy person under 50 should worry about, but then few people ever said it was. I still bet peak would happen in Montana in coming months but I'd need to double-check numbers. Too many know-it-alls doubt this thing, risk level or not.
    You are trying to come across as a normal caring human being (hopefully you are) who just so happens still lives at home with his parents. However, you are possibly sizing up all your parent's assets and how their will is made out are you not? Just another typical liberal fuck hoping to get a free ride by bringing home that virus. Please be patient you will eventually get your inheritance, no need to push it dirt bag.
    lol I live with my parents? No my parents are isolated so I take care of them at times for their shopping needs and go visit them at times. Good try. They really have no real in person human contact outside of neighbors and my sister. My parent's dont have enough money that I care about and I never cared about money to begin with. I only have my own business because i can't suffer working for lesser men. I'd rather kill myself than have a retard like you tell me what to do. I was raised lower middle-class and neither of my parents went to college. Thats also whats so great about this country, if you apply yourself there are tons of opportunity. The fact that a retard like you succeeded in business is testimony to the greatness of this country. Do you not agree?

I think you're pretty much the sick selfish one if you read all this into what I said. Inheritence? lol. okey dokey. Funny how you mind goes there. These things are quite telling.

As far as actually caring, I care about the generations ahead of me, those who don't have any voice in being fuckd out of the environment I was able to enjoy. People like you just shrug if off and give the finger to your progeny. Whatever. we're different. I'm not normal, but I think whom the bigger piece of shit here is fairly obvious.

edit - Oh I see via your highlighting. My gf has bad asthma dumbfuck. I said my parents were isolated, meaning they live with themselves.

Dang BoSox, you hit quite the nerve (not that he’ll admit it) nicely done! He must have sparked up a fatty down in the basement last night and had a moment of clarity.

“I am not in a risk group, but I live with people who are.

Maybe him and his GF live with his parents.

lol I was curious if that was going to be a thing by some unimaginative person. Ok, yea, I live with my parents. You guys are on top of things like always. Geniuses, the lot of you.

Interesting perspectives here. When my girlfriend's mother was badly injured in a fall and hospitalized, we moved in with her father after he was diagnosed with dementia. We stayed in that home for more than a year.

Based on assumptions presented above, that would have made us economically failed "libtards" milking the previous generation. Interesting assumptions.

Now if this were 30 years ago, the assumptions would instead be that we were good children and civically responsible people taking care of the previous generation.

I find it unsurprising that those who don't give care don't immediately see other people as caregivers. Also explains the lack of discussion regarding how increased hospitalizations and deaths affect health system caregivers. I haven't even seen this mentioned by the alt-right folks here.

I wonder how many of the people saying they aren't at risk have ever done any lengthy caregiving of the previous generation. Boz, you ever a committed caregiver for months at a time? DannyJ, how about you? Mickey, you ever take care of somebody as a live-in caregiver? Or across-town caregiver?

As far as actually caring, I care about the generations ahead of me, those who don't have any voice in being fuckd out of the environment I was able to enjoy. People like you just shrug if off and give the finger to the progeny.
    You throw out lines like these and want us to believe you are NOT a hard-core liberal. This is right out of the liberal’s playbook and it has nothing to do with reality

Check the environment out today and compare it to the 60s and 70s. It’s not even close; all our rivers are cleaner, regulations on all industries is about 100 fold tighter on emmissions, smog in big cites has decreased, etc.

Look, us conservatives want environmental regulations too, but it’s got to be reasonable. It shouldn’t be politically motivated, which is how the Democrats view it.

This is one of the many issues liberals use to control the masses. And it appears to have worked with you, since I can tell you’re very gullible. They claim our environment is getting worse, industry is polluting more, global warming, blah blah blah. And you and your ilk buy it without checking the facts.

This type of deceptive message gets the Libs elected, and then they want to control every aspect of our lives.

So you say you have a friend that’s actually to the left of you? That’s a little hard to believe. I didn’t know those people exist. I sure wouldn’t wanna meet him.

Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    As far as actually caring, I care about the generations ahead of me, those who don't have any voice in being fuckd out of the environment I was able to enjoy. People like you just shrug if off and give the finger to the progeny.
    You throw out lines like these and want us to believe you are NOT a hard-core liberal. This is right out of the liberal’s playbook and it has nothing to do with reality

Check the environment out today and compare it to the 60s and 70s. It’s not even close; all our rivers are cleaner, regulations on all industries is about 100 fold tighter on emmissions, smog in big cites has decreased, etc.

Look, us conservatives want environmental regulations too, but it’s got to be reasonable. It shouldn’t be politically motivated, which is how the Democrats view it.

This is one of the many issues liberals use to control the masses. And it appears to have worked with you, since I can tell you’re very gullible. They claim our environment is getting worse, industry is polluting more, global warming, blah blah blah. And you and your ilk buy it without checking the facts.

This type of deceptive message gets the Libs elected, and then they want to control every aspect of our lives.

So you say you have a friend that’s actually to the left of you? That’s a little hard to believe. I didn’t know those people exist. I sure wouldn’t wanna meet him.
    You put a ton of words in my mouth. The world is not sustainable. Trump has rolled back any of the stuff he can that was put in place by Obama. He has done anything he can to reverse environmental regulations. Don't tell me how conservatives care. Tell it to one your moron echo-chamber loving assholes. I'm not being controlled at all. Only difference is I live a simple life. It works out anyway, because I haven't been into buying stuff in for years. Whether broke or not. This country is great because I have anything I reasonably want. When I go play poker I fully expect my swings to be greater than the value of my car. I'm probably playing biggest game in the room, but my car is also nothing but dependable and cheap.

My point is I don't need anything. Not sure how I am being "controlled". The fact that you've been told this and believe it would lend to the theory you're likely more controlled by someone's nonsense.

Deny science but most everyone agrees except a few outlier assholes and even they are starting to shut the fuck up when the climate issues become blatantly more obvious. so fuck you.

There are different types of pollution. Yes, environmental regulations have cleaned up quite a bit and free trade has moved a lot of the pollution across the world. The CO2 greenhouse issue was never addressed in the 60s and 70s and is *the* problem serious sincere people talk about.
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 05-10-2020 at 12:36 PM.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Interesting perspectives here. When my girlfriend's mother was badly injured in a fall and hospitalized, we moved in with her father after he was diagnosed with dementia. We stayed in that home for more than a year.

Based on assumptions presented above, that would have made us economically failed "libtards" milking the previous generation. Interesting assumptions.
    Come on Dietz you saw an AP play when it presented itself, and you took it. A gift from the heavens all at the right time. Yeah now tell us it was all done out of compassion.
    Last edited by BoSox; 05-10-2020 at 12:49 PM.

Come on Dietz you saw an AP play when it presented itself, and you took it. A gift from the heavens all at the right time. Yeah now tell us it was all done out of compassion.

Wow. I hope that was a bad joke. My girlfriend had her own home (California -- worth quite a bit). I had my own home (worth not much -- Tennessee and all that). We left them vacant while we lived there. We weren't paid anything, obviously, although technically I think California does reimburse family caregivers some if you apply.

I'm hoping that was a real bad joke.

So BoSox, how about you? You ever do some long-term caregiving?

Yeah I guess. If that's the assumption you want to make.

I wonder how many of the people saying they aren't at risk have ever done any lengthy caregiving of the previous generation. Boz, you ever a committed caregiver for months at a time? DannyJ, how about you? Mickey, you ever take care of somebody as a live-in caregiver? Or across-town caregiver?
    No, not months at a time. We were down in So Cal early January for a couple weeks helping with my mother in-law who has dementia. That probably doesn't qualify though, but I do have great respect for caregivers. Live in or otherwise.

I don't care if he lives with his parents. I just thought his reactions were funny. I don't live with my parents. They live with themselves. Ok, yea, I live with my parents.

Now if this were 30 years ago, the assumptions would instead be that we were good children and civically responsible people taking care of the previous generation.
    Redietz, the position of a conservative on this issue would not have been any different now than 30 years ago. Conservative, in general, feel the family unit should care for the elderly and their kids. This has never changed.

So what you did caring for your gf’s mother would’ve been seen as a very positive from a conservative viewpoint. You didn’t look for government help. You saw this as your responsibility and helped her. This is how conservatives think.

On the other hand, a liberal position would be looking to the government to help out your girlfriend’s parents.

You might be more of a conservative than you think.

And yes, me and my brothers and sisters have taken care of my parents in their old age and never put them in a nursing home. They both passed away in our houses. This is the same way my parents took care of their parents and never put them in a nursing home.

My family doesn’t believe in putting old people in government warehouse waiting to die.

Wow. I hope that was a bad joke. My girlfriend had her own home (California -- worth quite a bit). I had my own home (worth not much -- Tennessee and all that). We left them vacant while we lived there. We weren't paid anything, obviously, although technically I think California does reimburse family caregivers some if you apply.
    Well excuseeeeeeeeeeeeee me, what the hell do I know. I just thought you like messing with people considering that you came in fifth or something in what is called the "Wise Guy Contest". Who would have thought that someone who may be a comedian who tells mob jokes was such an upstanding citizen.
    Last edited by BoSox; 05-10-2020 at 01:51 PM.

Dietz, it sounds like you are trying to take credit for something that was just more than likely done through the process of elimination. When your girlfriend's family had to face that problem and it was I'm sure thoroughly discussed amongst all 12 siblings seven boys and five girls (good as any guess) and the question came up who would it hurt the least? Everyone pointed in your girlfriend's direction, it's not like she met anyone with real prospects in life, now did she?

You put a ton of words in my mouth. The world is not sustainable. Trump has rolled back any of the stuff he can that was put in place by Obama. He has done anything he can to reverse environmental regulations. Don't tell me how conservatives care.
    accountinquestion, after you made your post accusing Trump of rolling back all the environmental regulations Obama put in place, I spent some time looking into it. The New York Times (not a conservative publication) lists all the regulations Trump has rolled back. You couldn't make this list up if you tried.

During Obama's administration, they passed 4 new environmental regulations on National Parks to reduce pollution. I guess liberals think National Parks is where most of the pollution is occurring. One of these regulations regulated how many plastic water bottles could be sold in a National Park or something like that.

All I can figure is Obama hired way too many environmental bureaucrats so they just went crazy passing a lot of new meaningless regulations. And they didn't just stop with trying to regulate businesses out of business. They were also trying to regulate our National Parks out of business.

Obama and his cronies also spent time regulating light bulbs and dish washers. No, I'm not making this up. We all know how light bulbs and dish washers are the biggest threat to our kids enjoying a clean environment in their future. At least that's what accountinquestion thinks.

Trump also stopped funding leftist groups in Third World Country that were hiding under environmental names. One group Trump stopped funding was called "Green Climate Fund". This was a United Nations program to help poorer countries reduce carbon emissions. Yeah, right. Only a liberal would believe that.

accountinquestion, I expect you haven't looked into any of this and you just believe any propaganda you've been fed by the left. Like i said, you sound like a fairly guillible person.

Thanks for opening my eyes to all the good things Trump is doing, and how is trying to get our country back to being Great Again! Obama had really tried to screw it up.

Btw, did you like the way Obama went around the world apologizing for America after he was elected? That was sad!

You put a ton of words in my mouth. The world is not sustainable. Trump has rolled back any of the stuff he can that was put in place by Obama. He has done anything he can to reverse environmental regulations. Don't tell me how conservatives care.
    accountinquestion, after you made your post accusing Trump of rolling back all the environmental regulations Obama put in place, I spent some time looking into it. The New York Times (not a conservative publication) lists all the regulations Trump has rolled back. You couldn't make this list up if you tried.

During Obama's administration, they passed 4 new environmental regulations on National Parks to reduce pollution. I guess liberals think National Parks is where most of the pollution is occurring. One of these regulations regulated how many plastic water bottles could be sold in a National Park or something like that.

All I can figure is Obama hired way too many environmental bureaucrats so they just went crazy passing a lot of new meaningless regulations. And they didn't just stop with trying to regulate businesses out of business. They were also trying to regulate our National Parks out of business.

Obama and his cronies also spent time regulating light bulbs and dish washers. No, I'm not making this up. We all know how light bulbs and dish washers are the biggest threat to our kids enjoying a clean environment in their future. At least that's what accountinquestion thinks.

Trump also stopped funding leftist groups in Third World Country that were hiding under environmental names. One group Trump stopped funding was called "Green Climate Fund". This was a United Nations program to help poorer countries reduce carbon emissions. Yeah, right. Only a liberal would believe that.

accountinquestion, I expect you haven't looked into any of this and you just believe any propaganda you've been fed by the left. Like i said, you sound like a fairly guillible person.

Thanks for opening my eyes to all the good things Trump is doing, and how is trying to get our country back to being Great Again! Obama had really tried to screw it up.

Btw, did you like the way Obama went around the world apologizing for America after he was elected? That was sad!
    I have faith in the NYT and apparently you do also, given that you reference an article. It is odd you didn't post a link.

Trump is a man of 0 principles except rolling back anything Obama did. It is my personal belief, but this occurred when Trump was invited to that dinner and Obama made fun of him in public. Little handed man couldn't take it, and used his world-class conmanship to become President. Then after that, he tried to erase anything Obama ever did.

This pretty much sums up Trump.

It is funny how hard you try convincing people who or what I am. Yea, I'm the gullible one. I worship the 2 bit conman. You win again,

I have faith in the NYT and apparently you do also, given that you reference an article. It is odd you didn't post a link.

Trump is a man of 0 principles except rolling back anything Obama did. It is my personal belief, but this occurred when Trump was invited to that dinner and Obama made fun of him in public. Little handed man couldn't take it, and used his world-class conmanship to become President. Then after that, he tried to erase anything Obama ever did.

It is funny how hard you try convincing people who or what I am. Yea, I'm the gullible one. I worship the 2 bit conman. You win again,
    I truly hope Trump is able to roll back all the stupid regulations Obama and his cronies piled on our country.

And I’m glad Trump has stopped funding all the leftist organizations the Obama administration loved to fund around the world.

And when Trump gets done rolling back Obama’s regulations, I hope he tries to roll back some of Slick Willy’s regulations.

This is all Democrats like to do when they get into the office...pass more and more regulations until they’re able to regulate American business into bankruptcy and make us reliant on China.

Many people are tied of it. That’s what gave Trump a platform, and why many blue color union workers are backing Trump. They want to make America Great Again! They see how Obama and the liberal Dems have destroyed America and sent our jobs overseas.

I truly hope Trump is able to roll back all the stupid regulations Obama and his cronies piled on our country.

And I’m glad Trump has stopped funding all the leftist organizations the Obama administration loved to fund around the world.

And when Trump gets done rolling back Obama’s regulations, I hope he tries to roll back some of Slick Willy’s regulations.

This is all Democrats like to do when they get into the office...pass more and more regulations until they’re able to regulate American business into bankruptcy and make us reliant on China.

Many people are tied of it. That’s what gave Trump a platform, and why many blue color union workers are backing Trump. They want to make America Great Again! They see how Obama and the liberal Dems have destroyed America and sent our jobs overseas.
    Well most of your post is just dumb shit. Were you in pepsquad? If not, you would have been a smashing hit.

I do agree about Democrats being pro free-trade. I had not really paid much attention to it previously, but I have to side with Trump against free trade but for completely different reasons. It just bugs me that tariffs are a select tax and most of his dumbass droolers don't get that. They're just fucking cheerleading. It is like listening to Rob Singer tell you how to be +EV at Videopoker.

They like to sell their kids for food. Yanno, weather changes moods.
    Spring is here again. Got my reproductive glands
    They're the ones
    Who likes all Trumps pretty songs
    And they like to sing along
    And they like to shoot his gun
    But they know not what it means
    Knows not what it means
    And I say they're the ones
    Who likes all Trumps pretty songs
    And they like to sing along
    And they like to shoot his gun
    But they knows not what it means
    Knows not what it means
    And I say yeah
    We can have some more
    Nature is a whore

Accountinquestion, do you understand that regulations have been piled onto businesses since the 30s. I mean the first thing every new Democrat administration does is just piles on more regulations. It’s never enough for liberals. And Obama took it to a whole new level.

When I read one of Obama’s environment regulations regulates plastic water bottles in national parks, even you’ve got to admit that’s going to far. You’d think the federal government would have better things to do then regulate plastic water bottles in National Parks. And I get it’s not Obama doing it personally. But it’s his organization he put in place that made it happen. Everything I said in my previous post is correct.

No matter how much business is regulated, a new Democrat administration will just want to pile on more regulations. It’s in the liberal’s DNA, and they use this as propaganda to get elected. People like you believe it. You believe we need more regulations to protect the environment for future generations.

I’ve listened to the liberal playbook so much, I can always quote it verbatim.

Accountinquestion, do you understand that regulations have been piled onto businesses since the 30s. I mean the first thing every new Democrat administration does is just piles on more regulations. It’s never enough for liberals. And Obama took it to a whole new level.

I’ve listened to the liberal playbook so much, I can always quote it verbatim.
    2 things. Of course new regulations have been created since the 30s. Some other bozo (was it Danny instead?) was basically bragging how many regulations our country had created for the environment and therefore conservatives are not against the environment.

At least you don't try that line of bs.

Plastic just keeps piling up and up. In our seafood, everywhere. Tiny little pieces. No clue about parks or why water bottles disturb you so much.

You believing you know the "liberal playbook". L-O-L Given that any idea that is not "conservative" is generally considered liberal, you're full of shit. The is more variation in liberals than conservatives. It is nothing more than the fantasies coming from a not intelligent man that "understands them liberals". fuck off dumbass.

Dr. Deborah Birx believes coronavirus mortality rates are inflated as much as 25%:

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrV...jwPXa1E3afHKU-
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information