Page 27 of 42 FirstFirst ... 1723242526272829303137 ... LastLast

Thread: Covid-19 by the numbers

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    This is what CV deaths by the day look like. The peak was May 6 with 2,701 deaths. It's been a steady decline ever since. Yesterday, June 24 there were 688 deaths. The media and fear mongers keep on with the doom and gloom but this graph that you can view on worldometers by googling "coronavirus deaths by day" will let us know if there is a spike. The number of deaths per day is the real story.

Good to know that "number of deaths per day" is the real story, as per mickey crimm. I don't know about you, but to me, 700 per day deaths does not seem like winning, unless you're Charlie Sheen.

There is no trick to this. The reduction in deaths was directly attributable to the shutdowns and younger people now getting the disease. Previously, deaths trailed hospitalizations by three to four weeks. As health professionals have gotten a handle on what works and what does not (method of intubation, for example, and how patients should be positioned while intubated), the lag has increased a bit. Previously, patients average length on a ventilator was roughly 21/22 days. If you were on that long, you were probably going to die.

So in case anyone is still reading the posts of one of the original "COVID-19 is a scam" folks, with his "only" 688 deaths yesterday schtick, here's the deal.

Reduction in deaths was directly attributable to shutdowns and social distancing.
    With Memorial Day, the end of shutdowns, and the start of both church-going and protests all roughly three weeks ago, it figured to take three to four weeks for virus cases to dramatically increase. Here they are, exactly on schedule.
    With the cases increasing, the death rates will start climbing in another three to four weeks after the usual lag time.

What mickey is quoting is exactly what should be happening, according to epidemiologists. What's silly about mickey's assertion is that, with cases currently exploding, people should celebrate the "low" death rate. That's great...for another three to four weeks. Then the death rate will start to climb again.

Now, a question. Before this entire COVID-19 thing got underway, would anyone have thought mickey would be claiming 700 deaths a day was a good thing? What exactly is mickey's metric on this? Would 1000 deaths a day be a sign the U.S. has this under control? What is mickey suggesting? That re-opening is "working" because the U.S. has "only" 700 deaths in a day?

More importantly, why would the U.S. opt for a shutdown a month SHORTER than Italy or Spain's shutdowns, which were harsher? What is it about the U.S. economy that is so fragile? What is it that makes U.S. citizenry uniquely unable to spend an extra four to six weeks in lockdown as opposed to, say, Italy or South Korea or New Zealand? Are Americans all snowflakes?

The projection now is for 180,000 dead by the end of September. I think that's low. I've been correct every single time. We'll see if I'm correct again. Fatality rates should go down some, with younger people infected and health care professionals having some experience under their belts. But the 180,000 is still low.

Also to consider, mickey's assertion that all that matters now is deaths. For those people who are taking months to recover, or who have permanent lung damage, it's a big deal. This is not a live-long-and-healthy-after-recovery or die disease.

Mickey has consistently been wrong and consistently given terrible advice. With any luck, no one is reading this thread any longer. I mean, what happens next? Mickey explains how 200,000 dead is winning because the death rate is low?

Mickey, you have really done people a disservice who are trying to figure out the virus. Why don't you tell everyone what "losing" would look like? What metric would be required for you to say that early re-opening was a bad idea? Take your time and lay it out. How many dead or infected would convince you that the U.S. does not really know what it's doing as compared to South Korea or New Zealand or Japan or Italy, which really butchered things at first? What numbers would lead you to say the U.S. has done a bad job? I think the UK and Brazil have done as poorly as the U.S., but that's about it. You have any other candidates?
    Last edited by redietz; 06-25-2020 at 07:05 AM.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    This is what CV deaths by the day look like. The peak was May 6 with 2,701 deaths. It's been a steady decline ever since. Yesterday, June 24 there were 688 deaths. The media and fear mongers keep on with the doom and gloom but this graph that you can view on worldometers by googling "coronavirus deaths by day" will let us know if there is a spike. The number of deaths per day is the real story.

Good to know that "number of deaths per day" is the real story, as per mickey crimm. I don't know about you, but to me, 700 per day deaths does not seem like winning, unless you're Charlie Sheen.

There is no trick to this. The reduction in deaths was directly attributable to the shutdowns and younger people now getting the disease. Previously, deaths trailed hospitalizations by three to four weeks. As health professionals have gotten a handle on what works and what does not (method of intubation, for example, and how patients should be positioned while intubated), the lag has increased a bit. Previously, patients average length on a ventilator was roughly 21/22 days. If you were on that long, you were probably going to die.

So in case anyone is still reading the posts of one of the original "COVID-19 is a scam" folks, with his "only" 688 deaths yesterday schtick, here's the deal.

Reduction in deaths was directly attributable to shutdowns and social distancing.
    With Memorial Day, the end of shutdowns, and the start of both church-going and protests all roughly three weeks ago, it figured to take three to four weeks for virus cases to dramatically increase. Here they are, exactly on schedule.
    With the cases increasing, the death rates will start climbing in another three to four weeks after the usual lag time.

What mickey is quoting is exactly what should be happening, according to epidemiologists. What's silly about mickey's assertion is that, with cases currently exploding, people should celebrate the "low" death rate. That's great...for another three to four weeks. Then the death rate will start to climb again.

Now, a question. Before this entire COVID-19 thing got underway, would anyone have thought mickey would be claiming 700 deaths a day was a good thing? What exactly is mickey's metric on this? Would 1000 deaths a day be a sign the U.S. has this under control? What is mickey suggesting? That re-opening is "working" because the U.S. has "only" 700 deaths in a day?

More importantly, why would the U.S. opt for a shutdown a month SHORTER than Italy or Spain's shutdowns, which were harsher? What is it about the U.S. economy that is so fragile? What is it that makes U.S. citizenry uniquely unable to spend an extra four to six weeks in lockdown as opposed to, say, Italy or South Korea or New Zealand? Are Americans all snowflakes?

The projection now is for 180,000 dead by the end of September. I think that's low. I've been correct every single time. We'll see if I'm correct again. Fatality rates should go down some, with younger people infected and health care professionals having some experience under their belts. But the 180,000 is still low.

Also to consider, mickey's assertion that all that matters now is deaths. For those people who are taking months to recover, or who have permanent lung damage, it's a big deal. This is not a live-long-and-healthy-after-recovery or die disease.

Mickey has consistently been wrong and consistently given terrible advice. With any luck, no one is reading this thread any longer. I mean, what happens next? Mickey explains how 200,000 dead is winning because the death rate is low?

Mickey, you have really done people a disservice who are trying to figure out the virus. Why don't you tell everyone what "losing" would look like? What metric would be required for you to say that early re-opening was a bad idea? Take your time and lay it out. How many dead or infected would convince you that the U.S. does not really know what it's doing as compared to South Korea or New Zealand or Japan or Italy, which really butchered things at first? What numbers would lead you to say the U.S. has done a bad job? I think the UK and Brazil have done as poorly as the U.S., but that's about it. You have any other candidates?
    "My cousin knows someone that has a friend that knew a person that worked in healthcare so I know everything about this issue." Robert Dietz

The shutdown got sold to us as a flattening of the curve so we wouldn't run out of hospital beds. We didn't run out of beds anywhere. We didn't run out of ventilators as fear monger redietz said we would.

So we get thru the curve and what do fear mongers and/or left wing zealots say? "No! No! No! we have to stay shutdown until we find a vaccine!!!! Till we find a cure!!! We never meant it was just to get thru the curve." Hey fuck those idiots. 688 deaths is just a fraction of the peak at 2700 per day. You got that Dietz? But if you listen to fucks like Robert Dietz he can play that sympathy shit from here until doomsday.

There's 909,000 people in Montana and we've had exactly 92 hospitalizations for CV over a three month period. That's it!!! Meanwhile we have 1100 hospital beds. They went mostly empty during the shutdown. Hospitals lost money. Doctors and nurses layed off.

Snowflakes, Dietz? The snowflakes are in New Zealand, South Korea and Italy. They let their punk ass leaders run over their asses and keep them locked up.

FREEEDOM, BITCH! FREEDOM, DIETZ!!!!! YOU GOT IT, DIETZ!!! FUCK YOUR SHUTDOWN!!!! FREEDOM, DIETZ!!!! FREEDOM, BITCH!!!!

Try harping as bad on the "protestors" (looters, robbers, arsonists, anarchists) that certainly spread the virus around as you harp on me.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 06-25-2020 at 04:09 PM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

"My cousin knows someone that has a friend that knew a person that worked in healthcare so I know everything about this issue." Robert Dietz

The shutdown got sold to us as a flattening of the curve so we wouldn't run out of hospital beds. We didn't run out of beds anywhere. We didn't run out of ventilators as fear monger redietz said we would.

So we get thru the curve and what do fear mongers and/or left wing zealots say? "No! No! No! we have to stay shutdown until we find a vaccine!!!! Till we find a cure!!! We never meant it was just to get thru the curve." Hey fuck those idiots. 688 deaths is just a fraction of the peak at 2700 per day. You got that Dietz? But if you listen to fucks like Robert Dietz he can play that sympathy shit from here until doomsday.

There's 909,000 people in Montana and we've had exactly 92 hospitalizations for CV over a three month period. That's it!!! Meanwhile we have 1100 hospital beds. They went mostly empty during the shutdown. Hospitals lost money. Doctors and nurses layed off.

Snowflakes, Dietz? The snowflakes are in New Zealand, South Korea and Italy. They let their punk ass leaders run over their asses and keep them locked up.

FREEEDOM, BITCH! FREEDOM, DIETZ!!!!! YOU GOT IT, DIETZ!!! FUCK YOUR SHUTDOWN!!!! FREEDOM, DIETZ!!!! FREEDOM, BITCH!!!!

Try harping as bad on the "protestors" (looters, robbers, arsonists, anarchists) that certainly spread the virus around as you harp on me.

I don't know much of anything about COVID-19, except how to listen to experts and evaluate evidence. And yeah, my girlfriend has a friend who was recruited to work on the vaccine, and yeah, my girlfriend's daughter has a doctorate that is technically about how to push new medicines through the evaluation process, but those just add context to my very simple perspective: I listen to the scientists. You should try it sometime.

Mickey, you've gotten everything about the virus wrong. I mean, really, it's been embarrassing.

Like your 700 per-day death rate, take a victory lap nonsense. So check today's tallies, my friend. To use a famous and appropriate line, "Houston, we have a problem."

I don't know much of anything about COVID-19, except how to listen to experts and evaluate evidence. And yeah, my girlfriend has a friend who was recruited to work on the vaccine, and yeah, my girlfriend's daughter has a doctorate that is technically about how to push new medicines through the evaluation process, but those just add context to my very simple perspective: I listen to the scientists. You should try it sometime.

Mickey, you've gotten everything about the virus wrong. I mean, really, it's been embarrassing.

Like your 700 per-day death rate, take a victory lap nonsense. So check today's tallies, my friend. To use a famous and appropriate line, "Houston, we have a problem."
    Greetings from the politburo. Good job, comrade. You are doing great things for the revolution. With continued efforts like yours we will soon bring the capitalist pigs to their knees. Long live the revolution!

Now, we have another job for you. Go to Seattle to the CHOP ZONE. The useful idiot protestors there have outlived their usefulness to the revolution. We have reassessed their value to the revolution. We need you to go there and start passing out job applications. At the prospect of going to work they will all scatter to the hills.

Power to the people!!! Keep up the good work, comrade.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 06-25-2020 at 09:32 PM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Commie pinko bastard is batting 1.000 on after the fact “predictions” about being “right on schedule.” Just wait for the fourth wave that’s still the first wave Mickey, going to be super duper deadly.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Commie pinko bastard is batting 1.000 on after the fact “predictions” about being “right on schedule.” Just wait for the fourth wave that’s still the first wave Mickey, going to be super duper deadly.
    We all have a better chance of dying from the Protesters (Rioters) compared to the Kung Fu Flu.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA2VqPvBnQ
    Most of chocolate Monet's posts involve death because the poor bugger wants so much to really and actually live. Hehehe.

As a public service, I'll correct you, mcap. Predictions I made were publicly posted, publicly dated, and read by many on my blog. I'll check in here July 4th, since I made a public prediction that the U.S. would hit 137,000 deaths on July 4th. Here you go. You can compare my prediction with the IHME model used by the White House a the time.

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...and-dying.html

Note, if you will, the May 7th date.

Also, in terms of things being right on schedule, please note:

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...h-fudging.html

Note, if you will, the May 20th date. As I say in the opening line, "You can fudge numbers. You can't fudge reality. All you can do is obstruct the view."

And here's the July 4th prediction:

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...-go-again.html

Note the May 10 date. We'll see how accurate this prediction turns out. I'll check in July 4th.

I'll be more than happy to point out the other not-so-remarkable but accurate predictions. All you had to do was listen to the scientists and avoid Fox News. Not exactly rocket science.

Always glad to provide the rational, folks.
    Last edited by redietz; 06-26-2020 at 07:13 AM.

Sorry not clicking on links to alt left propoganda blogs. I think I kind of understand how the exponential math works thanks to LMR though. Something like 1+1=2, buckle my shoe. 2+1=3, 3+2=5 buckle up buttercup. 137+163=300

Here's a quick read on the numbers of deaths and new cases. Just toggle, from the former to the latter.

https://www.google.com/search?rlz=1C...4dUDCAw&uact=5

Some other trivia. A full moon coming up, July 5th. I wondered about the distance between full moons, between the same days of the same months. I tried one day on one month, and found that it's a low multiple of nineteen years. Either 19, 38, or 57 years. Why the heck nineteen?

http://home.hiwaay.net/~krcool/Astro...llmoon.htm#top

As a public service, I'll correct you, mcap. Predictions I made were publicly posted, publicly dated, and read by many on my blog. I'll check in here July 4th, since I made a public prediction that the U.S. would hit 137,000 deaths on July 4th. Here you go. You can compare my prediction with the IHME model used by the White House a the time.

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...and-dying.html

Note, if you will, the May 7th date.

Also, in terms of things being right on schedule, please note:

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...h-fudging.html

Note, if you will, the May 20th date. As I say in the opening line, "You can fudge numbers. You can't fudge reality. All you can do is obstruct the view."

And here's the July 4th prediction:

https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...-go-again.html

Note the May 10 date. We'll see how accurate this prediction turns out. I'll check in July 4th.

I'll be more than happy to point out the other not-so-remarkable but accurate predictions. All you had to do was listen to the scientists and avoid Fox News. Not exactly rocket science.

Always glad to provide the rational, folks.
    So Fauci said we had nothing to fear. Then he said don't wear masks. Then he said we had something to fear. Then he said wear masks. Is that the scientist you've been listening to Comrade Dietz? Which Fauci should we have listened to, the one that said don't fear, or the one that said fear. And guess what, Fox News showed all those film clips of what Fauci said. I guess that's what you mean about watching Fox News. They were letting flip-flopping scientists speak.

So which Fauci do you believe, Comrade Dietz, the flip Fauci or the flop Fauci?

Fauci wowchi, and Barbi doll Birx. You can't trust anyone in government. They go whatever way the "wind" is fucking blowing. Lol.

Did you see today how much Fauci, the CDC and 140+ companies are receiving in Government Funding for the Kung Fu Flu???
    Billions of your Tax Dollars!
    Tell me this isn't all about money lol lol lol.

One report suggests they will charge each individual 2500 to 4000 dollars for the vaccine.
    When Bernie Sanders asked if they agreed to make the vaccine affordable they agreed but you could tell they knew better.

In Montana, for the past couple weeks we had been averaging 1 positive for every 430 coronavirus tests. Thats less than a quarter percent. But for the past few days we have a string of 2,857 tests without a single positive.

Redietz, Montana peaked in early April averaging 16 new cases per day. Since reopening on April 24, we have been averaging just 1.17 new cases per day. And that is with the number of tests per day doubling since mid April.

Your prediction of the peak being in June or July is not going to happen.

It's June 30, and everything has played out exactly as it figured to play out.

What's interesting is that I PM'ed mickey this way back when as I was concerned because he is highly vulnerable. So he decided to post this from the PM, without asking me did I care, as an example of something I'd gotten wrong.

I was waiting for mickey to mention that maybe I was right about Montana. But that kind of thing seems to be beyond him these days.

In Montana, for the past couple weeks we had been averaging 1 positive for every 430 coronavirus tests. Thats less than a quarter percent. But for the past few days we have a string of 2,857 tests without a single positive.

Redietz, Montana peaked in early April averaging 16 new cases per day. Since reopening on April 24, we have been averaging just 1.17 new cases per day. And that is with the number of tests per day doubling since mid April.

What's interesting is that I PM'ed mickey this way back when as I was concerned because he is highly vulnerable. So he decided to post this from the PM, without asking me did I care, as an example of something I'd gotten wrong.

I was waiting for mickey to mention that maybe I was right about Montana. But that kind of thing seems to be beyond him these days.
    Since you are still predicting doomsday for Montana I'll go over the numbers for you. In March we had 204 cases, April 247, may just 64. Now for June we spiked up to 442 new cases. That looks awful bad don't it redietz?

Except, for March/April/May we had 42,000 CV tests. In June we had 43,000 tests. So testing spiked up to 3X what it was in March/April/May.

The spike is concentrated in 3 counties out of 56, Yellowstone, Gallatin and Big Horn. Yellowstone is the most populated county, Gallatin is the gateway to Yellowstone Park with an international airport, Big Horn is where the Crow Indian Reservation is and they didn't have any cases then all of a sudden in June the explode to 80 cases. My home county has had only 33 cases in almost 4 months with only 4 active cases with no hospitalizations.

In almost 4 months Montana has only 105 hospitalizations. Only 14 hospitalizations are active now. We've had 22 deaths.

We didn't have a spike in deaths in June as there were only 5.

I seen an interesting stat yesterday. Of the 130,000 deaths only 160 have been for those under the age of 25. So it's a matter of who is catching the virus and are the old people staying away from them? In Montana, with a population estimated in 2019 at 1 million, the old people are doing a pretty good job of quarantining and social distancing as we have had only 22 deaths in almost 4 months.

On another note, I've been pretty active the last two months since we reopened. I've traveled the entire state. Tourism is way down this year. I don't see the motorcycles and RV's on the roads in numbers like years past. The RV parks are normally packed this time of year but this year they are less than half full. A lot of restaurants are still closed. Some of the Mom & Pop seasonal hotels on Hwy. 2 along the way to Glacier Park didn't open this year.

Since you are still predicting doomsday for Montana I'll go over the numbers for you. In March we had 204 cases, April 247, may just 64. Now for June we spiked up to 442 new cases. That looks awful bad don't it redietz?

Except, for March/April/May we had 42,000 CV tests. In June we had 43,000 tests. So testing spiked up to 3X what it was in March/April/May.

The spike is concentrated in 3 counties out of 56, Yellowstone, Gallatin and Big Horn. Yellowstone is the most populated county, Gallatin is the gateway to Yellowstone Park with an international airport, Big Horn is where the Crow Indian Reservation is and they didn't have any cases then all of a sudden in June the explode to 80 cases. My home county has had only 33 cases in almost 4 months with only 4 active cases with no hospitalizations.

In almost 4 months Montana has only 105 hospitalizations. Only 14 hospitalizations are active now. We've had 22 deaths.

I seen an interesting stat yesterday. Of the 130,000 deaths only 160 have been for those under the age of 25. So it's a matter of who is catching the virus and are the old people staying away from them? In Montana, with a population estimated in 2019 at 1 million, the old people are doing a pretty good job of quarantining and social distancing as we have had only 22 deaths in almost 4 months.

On another note, I've been pretty active the last two months since we reopened. I've traveled the entire state. Tourism is way down this year. I don't see the motorcycles and RV's on the roads in numbers like years past. The RV parks are normally packed this time of year but this year they are less than half full. A lot of restaurants are still closed. Some of the Mom & Pop seasonal hotels on Hwy. 2 along the way to Glacier Park didn't open this year.
    LOL. And the Montana peak is when?

It's okay, mickey. You're like the Fonz. You can't quite get the "I was wrong" out of the back of your throat. I imagine it's even harder to say, "Dietz was right; I was wrong." If you practice whispering in front of a mirror, that might help.

LOL. And the Montana peak is when?

It's okay, mickey. You're like the Fonz. You can't quite get the "I was wrong" out of the back of your throat. I imagine it's even harder to say, "Dietz was right; I was wrong." If you practice whispering in front of a mirror, that might help.
    Comrade Robert Dietz , the Revolution needs men like you. You are skilled at lying with statistics. The peak was in mid April when we averaged a positive for every 23 people tested. It's currently around 1 in 90. That's not a spike no matter how much you want it to be. You do yourself and others a grave disservice. From March 13th to May 31st there were 17 deaths. In all of June there were just 5 deaths. That's not a spike Comrade Deitz. We've been averaging about 14 current hospitalizations for a couple of months now. Thats not a spike. However, if you twist your statistics around enough I'm sure you can come up with something that erroneously concludes there is a spike.

Now, let's talk about your upcoming trip to Las Vegas. You talk shelter at home for all the little people. Your take that poor people don't need jobs is the height of arrogance. And you excluded, indeed ignored, small business in that take. Purely reprehensible. Let them live poor and eat cake.

But after all that, here you are going on a mission to Las Vegas to take advantage of the "essential service" of sportsbetting for YOUR clients. And you obviously have monetary interests in it. Talk about HYPOCRISY.

Comrade Robert Dietz is an arrogant hypocrite.

I picked this up off of twitter. Its unfiltered news about current state of CV in Texas. I like this guy's math better than yours, Comrade Dietz:
    Attached Images Attached Images      

I picked this up off of twitter. Its unfiltered news about current state of CV in Texas. I like this guy's math better than yours, Comrade Dietz:
    Yea, it is "unfiltered" because it is agreeable to Mick.

It also comes from an attorney who has a large interest in emergency rooms. Just like the 2 doctors who were all against the closing down who got a lot of national play.

Apparently this Corona thing not good for private ER business.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

I see 67 cases today in Montana. Hmmmm. Not a peak, I guess, according to mickey. Mickey, you let us know when things peak in Montana, okay? They must get more cases because Montana tests too much. LOL.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Corona...3d&FORM=COVIDR

Oh wait, let's check the bar graph, shall we? I'll make sure to drop in and report Montana's caseload every day for a month. Mickey can help me with the math. I evidently need help. I thought the high points were peaks. But what do I know? I'm not really a stat guy.

Also, unless a miracle happens between now and the end of August, no Las Vegas for me. Sorry, mickey. Very possibly, no week to week handicapping for me. I have spoken with some folks running the biggest sport sites and publishers of the annual magazines. Unlikely that I'll be in any competitions this season, including my 30-year stint with the invitation-only Wise Guys Contest. Not sure what, if anything, I'll be doing sports-wise.
    Last edited by redietz; 07-02-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Thread Information