I know there is a whole group here that has injected politics into any discussion about this topic. Let's not do that. Let's just take an analytical look based on the data available.

I am looking at the following site which is using numbers and data provided by the World Health Organization:

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/#countries

These numbers are changing constantly, but as I write this, I am looking at 219,238 total cases. They break that down into two sub sections, active cases (124,529) and closed cases (94,709).

So lets focus on closed or resolved cases. Total 94,709 of which 85,742 recovered and 8967 resulted in death. That is 9% of the known resolved cases resulted in death. 9%!

Looking at the active cases (124,529) shows it broken down into two subsets, mild cases of 117, 741 and serious/critical at 6815. That is 5% of active cases at serious/critical with the likelihood that more from the mild case numbers will progress to that serious/critical. So it doesn't look like that death rate of nearly 9% is declining any time soon among active cases.

9% is much, much higher than what we are being told on TV. I don't know where this 2% number that is often thrown out comes from??

Now of course this data is based on confirmed cases. That means cases that were tested and confirmed. And there have obviously been problems with lack of testing. So the hope is that there were many more cases that were untested, so unconfirmed where people recovered. God, I hope that is the case. But hope is all it is until we get hard data.

So while some of you are speculating the death numbers are inflated, until I see otherwise (and I hope I do see otherwise soon), I am thinking just the opposite. Based on the available data, this virus appears to be deadlier than we are even being told. AND that would explain why the US and now world is going to such extremes and risking the world economy. Do you really think our government would go to the extremes they are going to, destroying the economy, if this were just another "flu" that is going to take 30,000, 50,000 or even 100,000 people? No they are seriously worried about 9-10% and 10% of 300 million is 30 million people here in the U.S. They, meaning our government just hasn't broken that to us yet. They are rolling out the bad news a little bit at a time.

This is a bigger deal than we have been told and this current form of life with shutdowns is going to last much longer than anyone has said. It is going to last until there is a vaccine, confirmed and tested, and that is minimum of a year. That is what I am now preparing for. And if it some how is over in 30 days, you can all laugh at me and call me a doom-sayer or whatever name you want. But that Data I see, leads me to this conclusion.