Thread: Covid-19 by the numbers

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    https://www.npr.org/sections/health-...vid-death-rate

thoughts?

The most extreme Democrat vs most extreme Republican areas have like a 6 fold difference in deaths.
    Blacks and latinos are only 30% vaccinated and they don't vote from Trump.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

thoughts?

The most extreme Democrat vs most extreme Republican areas have like a 6 fold difference in deaths.
    Not sure what you're suggesting? If true it definitely wouldn't weaken the observation of the article.

If you take death rate by county you are ruling out a bunch of bullshit noise. There is more than enough data. Trump supporters might argue that it is worth it. I don't know - don't care.

BTW blacks and latinos have far more come around to the vaccination while the Trump fans have stood strong in their refusal due to whatever reasons. That blacks not liking vaccines talking point has lost a lot over the past year. I don't have a reference but I'm sure I could google up whatever I've read.
    Deep down inside Redietz is probably an ok guy who wears his heart on his sleeve. 5/16/24 he left us. Remember.

thoughts?

Not sure what you're suggesting? If true it definitely wouldn't weaken the observation of the article.

If you take death rate by county you are ruling out a bunch of bullshit noise. There is more than enough data. Trump supporters might argue that it is worth it. I don't know - don't care.

BTW blacks and latinos have far more come around to the vaccination while the Trump fans have stood strong in their refusal due to whatever reasons. That blacks not liking vaccines talking point has lost a lot over the past year. I don't have a reference but I'm sure I could google up whatever I've read.
    Blacks and latinos were running only 30% vaccinated so if the rate has gone up its because they've been coerced into taking it.

I'm a Trump voter and got the vaccine as soon as possible.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Blacks and latinos were running only 30% vaccinated so if the rate has gone up its because they've been coerced into taking it.

You only took the vaccine because of your poor health. If you were in good shape you wouldn't have taken it.

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post

You only took the vaccine because of your poor health. If you were in good shape you wouldn't have taken it.
    Not true. I've taken all vaccines since I was a child. If I were 25 years old and in my prime I would take the covid vaccine as soon as my turn comes around.

I've recovered from the heart attack. Whats mostly affecting me now is my age. If the vaccine were really that harmful to young people then it would be exponentially harmful to someone in their late sixties like me. I got absolutely no reaction from all three shots. Which I already knew was going to happen because I've never had a bad reaction to a vaccine before.

Not true. I've taken all vaccines since I was a child. If I were 25 years old and in my prime I would take the covid vaccine as soon as my turn comes around.

I've recovered from the heart attack. Whats mostly affecting me now is my age. If the vaccine were really that harmful to young people then it would be exponentially harmful to someone in their late sixties like me. I got absolutely no reaction from all three shots. Which I already knew was going to happen because I've never had a bad reaction to a vaccine before.
    At what number of boosters do you realize this is not a vaccine in the traditional sense? How many times did you need to get a shot for yellow fever, small pox, and polio?

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post

At what number of boosters do you realize this is not a vaccine in the traditional sense? How many times did you need to get a shot for yellow fever, small pox, and polio?
    The flu vaccine. I take it every year even tho its rated only 40% effective. The 40% comes from them guessing which strain may hit. The thing about the regular flu is it kills kids where covid doesn't, at least not in significant numbers. The "poison" as you call it has saved multi-millions of lives.

Thread Information