Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3910111213

Thread: The Covid-19 $1,000 Handouts? :)

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    About two months ago, I told ny Dad that the Second Stimulus Check was being proposed. I told him it could be December before we get those checks. A couple of weeks ago, two Customers who were making a big Transaction claimed they already had their second Stimulus Check and it went to their Direct Deposit. My hopes were up....

They attempted to pay and their card was declined. They claimed the check must still be in "Holding," apologized and left the items. Soon after, a Co-worker informed me they actually attempted to steal those items but saw her looking, so they went to the front to "Pay," knowing they didn't actually have money to pay for that big Transaction. They made up a bogus story about their Second Stimulus Check being on "Hold,"I was a bit upset as I did believe that they received their second Stimulus Check and was thinking," "MY Stimulus Check should be coming any day now if they already got their Second Stimulus Check." The Second Stimulus Check is STILL just being proposed and hasn't actually been approved yet/sent out....
    So you work in a city Walgreens and are shocked that they tried a scam to steal stuff? You surely should know your clientele better than that. In fact I think your manager should sit you down and have a talk with you. Always be suspicious of everyone that walks through your doors. Figure that they are there to steal right from the start and you will be a better employee. Just don’t put yourself at risk trying to stop them. It’s not worth it for what you are paid.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    About two months ago, I told ny Dad that the Second Stimulus Check was being proposed. I told him it could be December before we get those checks. A couple of weeks ago, two Customers who were making a big Transaction claimed they already had their second Stimulus Check and it went to their Direct Deposit. My hopes were up....

They attempted to pay and their card was declined. They claimed the check must still be in "Holding," apologized and left the items. Soon after, a Co-worker informed me they actually attempted to steal those items but saw her looking, so they went to the front to "Pay," knowing they didn't actually have money to pay for that big Transaction. They made up a bogus story about their Second Stimulus Check being on "Hold,"I was a bit upset as I did believe that they received their second Stimulus Check and was thinking," "MY Stimulus Check should be coming any day now if they already got their Second Stimulus Check." The Second Stimulus Check is STILL just being proposed and hasn't actually been approved yet/sent out....
    So you work in a city Walgreens and are shocked that they tried a scam to steal stuff? You surely should know your clientele better than that. In fact I think your manager should sit you down and have a talk with you. Always be suspicious of everyone that walks through your doors. Figure that they are there to steal right from the start and you will be a better employee. Just don’t put yourself at risk trying to stop them. It’s not worth it for what you are paid.
    I was upset that my hopes got up only to be dashed. I should have known the Second Stimulus Check hadn't been approved yet or sent out since the first Stimulus Check, lots of Customers were talking about getting their checks, not just two. I should have known better as my gut instinct said it could be December before we saw those Second Stimulus Checks IF they get approved.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

I was upset that my hopes got up only to be dashed. I should have known the Second Stimulus Check hadn't been approved yet or sent out since the first Stimulus Check, lots of Customers were talking about getting their checks, not just two. I should have known better as my gut instinct said it could be December before we saw those Second Stimulus Checks IF they get approved.
    Just goes to show you- never count your bananas til they’re ripe...good lesson for you

Thread Information