Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 6789101112 LastLast

Thread: The Covid-19 $1,000 Handouts? :)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

Because people have made this ENTIRE situation political. How can you not see that?

And I’ll add another comment with no knowledge of your personal situation. You seem to be very concerned about that $1200, I hope you have money to put food on the table if it takes a little longer. Hope you are feeling better!
    No I don't see that Boz! You and a few other make every single thing political and about Trump. Someone can post a thread about the beautiful day they had celebrating their 8 year old grand daughter's birthday and within 5 posts, you guys will have hijacked it to discussion about TRump and the liberals. Some of us just don't give a shit and it is disrespectful for you to hijack everything!

I realize some of you are obsessed with Trump and hating others, and you lost that ability at WoV, but geez, do you have to bring that ignorance here. and I am using ignorant in that you just don't care about anyone else, other than your own obsessions.

I am NOT feeling better, thanks for asking. Luckily, not getting worse, but not getting better. Sort of a "lingering holding pattern and a yo-yo cycle of feeling better during the day and worse at night. I also have plenty of money Boz. I am more concerned with others that may not be in a position to hold them over. But Jesus, I am stuck at home, so I am going to look into and do what I have to to assure I get whatever money and unemployment the government says I am entitled to. I think you have to be proactive. Anyone sitting back saying, it will eventually come, may never see the benefits they are entitled to.

And thinking longterm as I always do as an AP, I am really starting to think that my AP carrier may be over or severely changed from how I have known it, so I am preparing for that and that includes, getting whatever money, I have coming to me.
    Thanks for calling me ignorant and obsessed because I don’t agree with your politics. I certainly don’t “hate” people but I sure how as hell hate some of their actions and choices. And I still would love to understand how anyone who works hard and believes in opportunities could be a liberal. But it’s a waste of breath with you.

As for the long term effects of AP, it’s no wonder I call you a Drama Queen. Short term there will be changes, but for someone younger like you saying it’s over is Retarted, like in Tasha retarted level. So you think things will never be the same again after a certain period of time? My god you are such a Drama Queen. But I already said that. Nothing wrong with having a backup plan but stop being so dramatic. And get a JOB once you are better health wise.

For someone who has claimed to have beaten the odds for over a decade in Vegas already, you certainly seem to not have much confidence in your abilities. But then again, it always is the BJ players bringing all the drama.

Worse comes to worse, you can invest in some fake tits and let SCG suck you off.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

Because people have made this ENTIRE situation political. How can you not see that?

And I’ll add another comment with no knowledge of your personal situation. You seem to be very concerned about that $1200, I hope you have money to put food on the table if it takes a little longer. Hope you are feeling better!
    No I don't see that Boz! You and a few other make every single thing political and about Trump. Someone can post a thread about the beautiful day they had celebrating their 8 year old grand daughter's birthday and within 5 posts, you guys will have hijacked it to discussion about TRump and the liberals. Some of us just don't give a shit and it is disrespectful for you to hijack everything!

I realize some of you are obsessed with Trump and hating others, and you lost that ability at WoV, but geez, do you have to bring that ignorance here. and I am using ignorant in that you just don't care about anyone else, other than your own obsessions.

I am NOT feeling better, thanks for asking. Luckily, not getting worse, but not getting better. Sort of a "lingering holding pattern and a yo-yo cycle of feeling better during the day and worse at night. I also have plenty of money Boz. I am more concerned with others that may not be in a position to hold them over. But Jesus, I am stuck at home, so I am going to look into and do what I have to to assure I get whatever money and unemployment the government says I am entitled to. I think you have to be proactive. Anyone sitting back saying, it will eventually come, may never see the benefits they are entitled to.

And thinking longterm as I always do as an AP, I am really starting to think that my AP carrier may be over or severely changed from how I have known it, so I am preparing for that and that includes, getting whatever money, I have coming to me.
    Thanks for calling me ignorant and obsessed because I don’t agree with your politics. I certainly don’t “hate” people but I sure how as hell hate some of their actions and choices. And I still would love to understand how anyone who works hard and believes in opportunities could be a liberal. But it’s a waste of breath with you.

As for the long term effects of AP, it’s no wonder I call you a Drama Queen. Short term there will be changes, but for someone younger like you saying it’s over is Retarted, like in Tasha retarted level. So you think things will never be the same again after a certain period of time? My god you are such a Drama Queen. But I already said that. Nothing wrong with having a backup plan but stop being so dramatic. And get a JOB once you are better health wise.

For someone who has claimed to have beaten the odds for over a decade in Vegas already, you certainly seem to not have much confidence in your abilities. But then again, it always is the BJ players bringing all the drama.

Worse comes to worse, you can invest in some fake tits and let SCG suck you off.
    It's not that I don't agree with your politics, or you mine. It is that I shouldn't even know what your politics are, nor you mine. This is a gambling forum. You guys who are obsessed with politics, why don't you take it to a political forum, instead of ruining several now, gambling forums?

As for the rest of your post. Shameful Boz. What is wrong with you people.

KJ, don’t let Trump and politics get you down.
    After you recover from the Covid you’re going to be fine. Even better you’ll have the antibodies. You could probably sell your plasma.
    So have a little faith. Your blackjack career will pick right back up. Probably with less heat and more room.

You seem to be very concerned about that $1200...
    No reason to get involved in this discussion but for me I say Fuck that 1200 dollars!
    I am in no hurry to sign up for it.
    My wife bugs me every day about it and I just ignore her.
    Everybody gets what they get. (2 second Tin Cup video below)

On another note the 600 dollars did hit the Unemployment.
    I guess all that stimulus money actually shut down the NV Unemployment website lol.
    They can't seem to handle all that dough.
    I can't wait to read about how much money got stolen from all this stimulus or just got lost somehow.

There are too many problems and all of these have been reported in the media. Some highlights:

1. $1200 checks going to the wrong bank accounts
    2. Social Security recipients are getting checks next week BUT the IRS website isn't set up to verify that
    3. The SBA EIDL program has run out of money
    4. The PPP program has run out of money
    5. The Nevada Unemployment program is still unable to process the new claims under the federal programs

Nothing is working.

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    There are too many problems and all of these have been reported in the media. Some highlights:

1. $1200 checks going to the wrong bank accounts
    2. Social Security recipients are getting checks next week BUT the IRS website isn't set up to verify that
    3. The SBA EIDL program has run out of money
    4. The PPP program has run out of money
    5. The Nevada Unemployment program is still unable to process the new claims under the federal programs

Nothing is working.
    It’s Government, what do you expect?

That’s exactly why most people don’t want government running healthcare. They’ll fuck it up!

Mr Boz is right. The whole thing is political. If the left hadn't criticized Trump's timeline for action, and if the left hadn't flooded social media with comparisons to the Spanish Flu with 100-million dead, the current shutdowns probably wouldn't be as severe.

Yes some shutdowns are warranted. But the damage done by the left and their criticism of Trump will prompt the Democrat governors to extend their shutdowns longer than needed.

Case in point: all of those disease models show the disease ending in early June but no one is talking about it. Look at the graphs! Then ask yourself why aren't they talking about it? It's because they fear the reaction of the left!

The IMHE curve. It ends in early June.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Mr Kewlj I am sorry you are still ill. Unfortunately there will be no state unemployment money for you until Mid May at the earliest. I hope you get your $1200 next week.

Mr Monet you don't have to sign up for the $1200. No one has to sign up for it. You sign up only if direct deposit info is needed.

Mr Kewlj I am sorry you are still ill. Unfortunately there will be no state unemployment money for you until Mid May at the earliest. I hope you get your $1200 next week.

Mr Monet you don't have to sign up for the $1200. No one has to sign up for it. You sign up only if direct deposit info is needed.
    The "sign up" part is unclear. We filed our 2018 taxes but I had to pay instead of getting a refund. We qualify for a reduced amount. We have not yet filed for 2019 because I have to pay again and it's not due til July. So the IRS doesn't have our bank info unless you count our SS direct deposits and my Gov't. Pension DD.

The IRS site doesn't allow for our situation, which millions have. We're not non-filers but we get SS, so it won't allow me to put direct deposit info in. We'll probably get a check sometime in May--so be it. Not worth worrying about right now. But I can't understand why a filer like kew can't get info from that portal. We certainly can't. Can or has anyone?

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post

The "sign up" part is unclear. We filed our 2018 taxes but I had to pay instead of getting a refund. We qualify for a reduced amount. We have not yet filed for 2019 because I have to pay again and it's not due til July. So the IRS doesn't have our bank info unless you count our SS direct deposits and my Gov't. Pension DD.

The IRS site doesn't allow for our situation, which millions have. We're not non-filers but we get SS, so it won't allow me to put direct deposit info in. We'll probably get a check sometime in May--so be it. Not worth worrying about right now. But I can't understand why a filer like kew can't get info from that portal. We certainly can't. Can or has anyone?
    Your info is wrong. As a Social Security recipient the government has your direct deposit information. You should get your money in the "second wave" next week.

Mr Kewlj cannot yet file in Nevada as self employed because the State system isn't ready. It's supposed to be ready mid May.

Your info is wrong. As a Social Security recipient the government has your direct deposit information. You should get your money in the "second wave" next week.

Mr Kewlj cannot yet file in Nevada as self employed because the State system isn't ready. It's supposed to be ready mid May.
    How the heck did you and Ron get to feudin' ? You guys used to be best friends -

You people?? Seems racist to me.

I didn't know I have an issue with Alan

Andrew, the only part of this I've read is where SS recipients who DON'T file a tax return will get their stimulus deposits next week. And that's because they want to take care of the lower income people as soon as they can. I just read it again, and it says nothing about SS recipients who do file a return but do not get refunds....like my wife and I.

This is not good. My niece is drawing $300 + $600 per week unemployment. It's more than she was making working. I was thinking the $600 was a one shot deal but its not. Who the hell is going to want to go back to work if they make more by not working. I think that extra $600 a week runs thru July.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrW...sLSmCHnIoFfUo-
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    This is not good. My niece is drawing $300 + $600 per week unemployment. It's more than she was making working. I was thinking the $600 was a one shot deal but its not. Who the hell is going to want to go back to work if they make more by not working. I think that extra $600 a week runs thru July.

You raise several valid points and we could talk about this forever.

Technically it is a one shot deal but the deal lasts for several months.

Yes, some people will get more money staying home. But this,was debated during Congressional hearings and they decided it was okay because the virus could force additional expenses, and they wanted people to have more money to spend.

The state of Georgia today ruled unemployed people do not have to return to their jobs if they fear they'll get Covid or if they need to care for a Covid patient at home.

There's always some waste somewhere. Nothing is ever perfect. Everyone will find a problem with something.

There will be more corruption, manipulation, stealing etc. from these stimulus packages--whether it's by individuals or businesses--than with anything we've ever seen throughout human history. People and companies who need it will get it, some will get more than they need or should get, and there will be plenty of cash-grabbing by individuals and entities that shouldn't get a dime. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a company in Bulgaria or some people in Uruguay getting a slice. It's the nature of huge, questionably regulated giveaways like these. And it's the nature of the masses of sleazy people who live in this world.

There will be more corruption, manipulation, stealing etc. from these stimulus packages--whether it's by individuals or businesses--than with anything we've ever seen throughout human history. People and companies who need it will get it, some will get more than they need or should get, and there will be plenty of cash-grabbing by individuals and entities that shouldn't get a dime. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised to see a company in Bulgaria or some people in Uruguay getting a slice. It's the nature of huge, questionably regulated giveaways like these. And it's the nature of the masses of sleazy people who live in this world.
    The currency devaluation from all this money printing is going to destroy everything. The lives lost from this economic annihilation will make the covid-19 deaths (recall that if a person dies from any cause but tests positive for the covid-19 virus, then they are tallied as having died from covid-19) look like a trickle. Apparently those making these decisions aren't the ones that will have to pay $100 for a can of beans (that's what they errantly believe anyway).

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post

The currency devaluation from all this money printing is going to destroy everything. The lives lost from this economic annihilation will make the covid-19 deaths (recall that if a person dies from any cause but tests positive for the covid-19 virus, then they are tallied as having died from covid-19) look like a trickle. Apparently those making these decisions aren't the ones that will have to pay $100 for a can of beans (that's what they errantly believe anyway).
    There is no currency devaluation. There isn't even a rise in interest rates. And gold prices even can't set a new record.

We went off the gold standard during Nixon. As long as people and governments take our dollars, just print 'em.

There is no currency devaluation. There isn't even a rise in interest rates. And gold prices even can't set a new record.

We went off the gold standard during Nixon. As long as people and governments take our dollars, just print 'em.
    Nice article summarizing the consequences of Nixon's decision (the additional 9 years since the article was written even further substantiate this - look at the amount of QE that is going on now;along with near 0% interest rates):
    https://www.forbes.com/sites/charles.../#7fd5e8cb69f7

Thread Information