Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Chloroquine Combating Coronavirus

"More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

LOLOLOL!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Just can't get away from the blame Trump game can you? The drug was in the media way before Trump said anything about it. It was referred to as the "malarial drug hydroxychloroquine." Now, if I would have picked up a can of aquarium cleaner and seen "hydroxychloroquine phosphate" as an ingredient do you think I would dose myself with it? With aquarium cleaner? There are some really stupid people on this planet. The dude that died was one of them. Are you that stupid, accountinquestion?
    What is your point? Some poster "blamed the media" which is exactly what Trumps wants his followers to do. The news is fake, listen to me, says our fearless leader. I'm just pointing this out. It isn't worth discussing.

So myself, not being a Trump follower, does not dismiss the media. While it has its problems, go look at the non-existent media of Russia and China. Any real American should be proud that we have the media like we do, regardless of whether you choose to listen to Foxnews or CNN.

So given the above paragraph I simply pointed out the widow directly attributed their learning of the drug's potential to Trump. It wasn't some made up connection by the media.

Your argument is like that of many other Trumpers. "Well it happened at some point somewhere else so we can't blame Trump at all". In this case "it" was the mentioning of this drug in the media.

During this whole episode, I am starting to have a greater appreciation for "Trump Derangement Syndrome" as a clinical diagnosable condition.
    Do you know what your precious media is up to now? CNN and NBC say they are going to stop airing Trump's coronavirus press conferences. And of course they are going to say Trump is dangerous. That's their cover. But the real reason is Trump's coronavirus press conferences have given him a 60% approval rating on handling the crisis. The mainstream media will absolutely not tolerate anything that helps Trump's approval ratings.

PS: If they do what they say they are going to do it will send Fox News ratings, already super strong, thru the roof.

PSS: Accountinquestion, if the guy that died would have been you, and you read the ingrediencts, would you have eaten the aquarium cleaner?
    I like the media because I am not near as statist as you. Apparently you think all your info should come from government officials? okey dokey.

We're on 2 different planes if you don't think foxnews is mainstream media.

Not sure what you're getting at with the last question. The answer is no. I don't think we're in disagreement that the guy was a retard who could have just as well heard the same thing from other media sources irrespective of Trump. Trump says so much random shit that holding him to anything he says is a waste of time. I'm just saying thats what the guy's wife claims - heard it from Trump.

Now is it news worthy? Probably not unless you want to prevent other idiots from ODing on aquarium cleaner.

Originally Posted by tetriscleaningseo View Post
    Haha! Excatly! Us here at upholstery cleaning Leander TX couldn't agree with you more! And that video clip! LOL! Classic!
    Dipshit if you don't want negative reviews you should have enough considerration to not spam others.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

What is your point? Some poster "blamed the media" which is exactly what Trumps wants his followers to do. The news is fake, listen to me, says our fearless leader. I'm just pointing this out. It isn't worth discussing.

So myself, not being a Trump follower, does not dismiss the media. While it has its problems, go look at the non-existent media of Russia and China. Any real American should be proud that we have the media like we do, regardless of whether you choose to listen to Foxnews or CNN.

So given the above paragraph I simply pointed out the widow directly attributed their learning of the drug's potential to Trump. It wasn't some made up connection by the media.

Your argument is like that of many other Trumpers. "Well it happened at some point somewhere else so we can't blame Trump at all". In this case "it" was the mentioning of this drug in the media.

During this whole episode, I am starting to have a greater appreciation for "Trump Derangement Syndrome" as a clinical diagnosable condition.
    Do you know what your precious media is up to now? CNN and NBC say they are going to stop airing Trump's coronavirus press conferences. And of course they are going to say Trump is dangerous. That's their cover. But the real reason is Trump's coronavirus press conferences have given him a 60% approval rating on handling the crisis. The mainstream media will absolutely not tolerate anything that helps Trump's approval ratings.

PS: If they do what they say they are going to do it will send Fox News ratings, already super strong, thru the roof.

PSS: Accountinquestion, if the guy that died would have been you, and you read the ingrediencts, would you have eaten the aquarium cleaner?

Can any lawyers chime in on legal liability to the news networks if they promulgate inaccurate information? I assume that the president, while in office, can't be sued for providing inaccurate information. But would networks quoting him be similarly insulated from civil suits? Or could they be held responsible?

My theory is that anyone, from either party, who would do the following would boost their approval ratings:

1) Tell people what they want to hear.
    2) Give people the most optimistic version of upcoming events.
    3) Advertise that they have control of the situation in some way, which can be partly accomplished by setting dates and plans in advance.

Telling people what they do not want to hear, giving people pessimistic projections, and explaining that control is limited -- all good ways to decrease approval ratings.

The question is which way saves more lives, the high approval rating schtick or the low approval rating schtick?
    Wait what? Capitalism doesn't align with a greater good that one might HOPE we could receive from the news?

That it devolves into a pandering echo chamber?

Like I said, we're still far better off than China or Russia. Americans are just whiney fucks.

In general I don't get along with people who like their news from echo chambers. Whether right or left. Funny
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 03-26-2020 at 12:56 PM.

Can any lawyers chime in on legal liability to the news networks if they promulgate inaccurate information? I assume that the president, while in office, can't be sued for providing inaccurate information. But would networks quoting him be similarly insulated from civil suits? Or could they be held responsible?

My theory is that anyone, from either party, who would do the following would boost their approval ratings:

3) Advertise that they have control of the situation in some way, which can be partly accomplished by setting dates and plans in advance.

Telling people what they do not want to hear, giving people pessimistic projections, and explaining that control is limited -- all good ways to decrease approval ratings.

The question is which way saves more lives, the high approval rating schtick or the low approval rating schtick?
    The media lies about Trump everyday for 3 years and you think they give a damn about being sued? I think Trump has been doing a good job on the coronavirus pandemic. One thing you have to do is listen to Trump directly. If it goes thru the media to you then you are getting the wrong information. They twist up anything he says.

Trump "We need to start using hydroxychloroquine."
    Media "Trump is advocating the use of unapproved drugs!!"

Cuomo "We need to start using hydroxychloroquine."
    Media "Great leadership. We need more of that!!"
    Now Trump is holding his personal grudges over the heads of governors receiving federal aid in blue states. Trying to get them to fall in line and not bad mouth him. Pathetic. What a leader, huh.

This isn't the media, this is the shit he says. He plays little games constantly to make up for a lack in many other areas. He's just a bullshit conman who was born into money. This is why we don't see his tax return and when we do via third parties it has epic losses.

Don't worry though, when Trump does shows a loss, it is because he's making so much money he just has to show a paper loss.

Yanno, common business stuff us little people don't get.

It is all the media making the shit up.

Actually he released his tax returns just like he said he would.

Does anyone realize it is the media keeping the people from reading Trump's tax returns?

right?

right?
    Last edited by accountinquestion; 03-26-2020 at 12:57 PM.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA2VqPvBnQ
    Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    Besides, No one said anything about taking hydroxychloroquine prophylactically as a preventative for cov19. The guy should be considered for the Darwin award.
    Nobody said anything about it being a cure, either. Not really. Nobody but Trump, and co. It's just so much easier to deal with the facts as come out.

I don't know that the chloroquine stuff works, although, I admit, it's hard not to get on the proverbial "bandwagon". Same as how Trump got elected, I guess.

Just now, I googled to see the reason that Italy didn't use this drug, or, that they did, but nothing came of it. I found the results of one, small sample-group study.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-care-in-study

The media lies about Trump everyday for 3 years and you think they give a damn about being sued? I think Trump has been doing a good job on the coronavirus pandemic. One thing you have to do is listen to Trump directly. If it goes thru the media to you then you are getting the wrong information. They twist up anything he says.

Now Trump is holding his personal grudges over the heads of governors receiving federal aid in blue states. Trying to get them to fall in line and not bad mouth him. Pathetic. What a leader, huh.

This isn't the media, this is the shit he says. He plays little games constantly to make up for a lack in many other areas. He's just a bullshit conman who was born into money. This is why we don't see his tax return and when we do via third parties it has epic losses.

Don't worry though, when Trump does shows a loss, it is because he's making so much money he just has to show a paper loss.

Does anyone realize it is the media keeping the people from reading Trump's tax returns?

right?

right?
    I don’t know man, the media narrative/spin seems pretty apparent to me. Just comparing blue states, leaving Trump out of it. It’s a little bit difficult to add context to data with different testing rates, but look at the exponential growth of cases in NY where Cuomo waited to shut down until confirmed cases were out of control vs the flattened curve of California that was first state to impose shut downs. Yet the national media (largely based in NY) somehow thinks Cuomo did an excellent job and should be President.....none of NY’s problems have anything to do with their leadership....it’s all the federal government’s fault.

right?

right?
    What is a sad sack libtard like you gonna do when Trump easily gets re-elected, and his approval rating goes thru the roof because of the expert way in which he's handling all this?

Not sure where my election night elation will come from the most this year--watching faggot Don Lemon sweat bullets, experiencing dike Rachel Maddow roll out some more crocodile tears, or coming on here and reading nothing but those famous "crickets" from a group of VERY confused Trump-hating liberals....aka "independents" or "libertarians" whenever they get totally embarrassed by their idolistic hero politicians.

It will be a sight to behold....

right?

right?
    I think the whole trump tax thing is a joke. Yes, I know it has become standard for candidates to show their returns, but honestly Trump has as much a right to privacy with his return as any American. The only reason the media wants them so bad is to find anything embarrassing and try to damage him. I mean when Rachel maddow did her epic fail with two pages from a return from years ago all they showed was he payed a higher rate than Obama, Biden and Hillary. Big deal.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    What is a sad sack libtard like you gonna do when Trump easily gets re-elected, and his approval rating goes thru the roof because of the expert way in which he's handling all this?
    Eat, poop, think about stuff, go to bed. Maybe, shower. If the virus doesn't get me. You?

Don’t forget to brush and floss LMR.

I like the media because I am not near as statist as you. Apparently you think all your info should come from government officials? okey dokey.

We're on 2 different planes if you don't think foxnews is mainstream media.

Not sure what you're getting at with the last question. The answer is no. I don't think we're in disagreement that the guy was a retard who could have just as well heard the same thing from other media sources irrespective of Trump. Trump says so much random shit that holding him to anything he says is a waste of time. I'm just saying thats what the guy's wife claims - heard it from Trump.

Now is it news worthy? Probably not unless you want to prevent other idiots from ODing on aquarium cleaner.
    Trump is getting praise for his handling of the virus from both Republican and Democrat governors. I didn't believe anything that came out of the Obama White House. So much for your statist bullshit.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    I don’t know man, the media narrative/spin seems pretty apparent to me. Just comparing blue states, leaving Trump out of it. It’s a little bit difficult to add context to data with different testing rates, but look at the exponential growth of cases in NY where Cuomo waited to shut down until confirmed cases were out of control vs the flattened curve of California that was first state to impose shut downs. Yet the national media (largely based in NY) somehow thinks Cuomo did an excellent job and should be President.....none of NY’s problems have anything to do with their leadership....it’s all the federal government’s fault.
    What large city isn't liberal? If they aren't liberal then they likely don't have public transportation. There are many variables. I don't really know much about how Cuomo handled it but this game is far different when you are able to put yourself in a little isolated box to and from work. That versus being butts to nuts with 1/2 a dozen people on any given day. All breathing close to each other. Gee, i wonder which place will spread more?

Not to mention that weather likely has something to do with this stuff.

Hadn't heard anyone saying Cuomo should be President. Not sure where you get your news from.

Trump sucks. Does that mean he gets the blame for the virus? No. Same basic outcome regardless of who is in charge except for the testing fiasco. Trump should be held accountable for all shit decisions.

Personal accountability and all that. It is something I grew around, not sure bout you guys.

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post

I think the whole trump tax thing is a joke. Yes, I know it has become standard for candidates to show their returns, but honestly Trump has as much a right to privacy with his return as any American. The only reason the media wants them so bad is to find anything embarrassing and try to damage him. I mean when Rachel maddow did her epic fail with two pages from a return from years ago all they showed was he payed a higher rate than Obama, Biden and Hillary. Big deal.
    I'm just holding Trump to his word about his tax returns. He'll always have some excuse. He has to hide because a lot of his success is a con. You're right he doesn't owe the people anything and thats why he hasn't done it. But call it for what it is.. and if you want, I can go find his statements on his IRS returns.

I'm just holding Trump to his word about his tax returns. He'll always have some excuse. He has to hide because a lot of his success is a con. You're right he doesn't owe the people anything and thats why he hasn't done it. But call it for what it is.. and if you want, I can go find his statements on his IRS returns.
    No need. I know he made claims to put out his returns four years ago. He hasn’t. I’m just saying I don’t need to know what’s in them and I think it’s stupid. Since 2016 seeing how the media treats him and is just looking for a “gotcha”, he probably just said fuck it and go to hell while you’re at it. I dunno we’ll see.

I wonder, were you holding Obama to his word when he repeated, like a thousand times, “if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor “ ? I mean blowing up our healthcare system under the guise of a whopper like that one makes the tax return pale in comparison.

I know you don’t like it when other examples from your side are pointed out, but I think I addressed and called out your point on tax returns.

Trump is getting praise for his handling of the virus from both Republican and Democrat governors. I didn't believe anything that came out of the Obama White House. So much for your statist bullshit.
    Well good to hear. May I ask what is it about Trump that gives him such credibility in your eyes?

No need. I know he made claims to put out his returns four years ago. He hasn’t. I’m just saying I don’t need to know what’s in them and I think it’s stupid. Since 2016 seeing how the media treats him and is just looking for a “gotcha”, he probably just said fuck it and go to hell while you’re at it. I dunno we’ll see.

I wonder, were you holding Obama to his word when he repeated, like a thousand times, “if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor “ ? I mean blowing up our healthcare system under the guise of a whopper like that one makes the tax return pale in comparison.

I know you don’t like it when other examples from your side are pointed out, but I think I addressed and called out your point on tax returns.
    Well it is just a concrete example of him promising and not delivering. The thing about this is no matter what the tax returns would tell us, you'd dismiss it is as fake news (or whatever term you personally use). So you're right, it largely doesn't matter.

Not sure what you are talking about "my side". I've never voted for a Democrat President in my life. I just have no respect for Trump and think for myself. You guys can't buy that though, always going back to some imagined thing where I am defending Obama who was the PREVIOUS President BTW. Plenty of Republican Presidents I have no serious issue with. Trump is different.

Not sure what you mean either about Obama "blowing up the healthcare system". Go looo at Valient and such and tell me how great your freemarket hocus pocus bullshit works.

Well good to hear. May I ask what is it about Trump that gives him such credibility in your eyes?
    I think that nobody honestly believes Trump. They want to have something "big" to lie about along with Trump. Half the population wants to be "winners" of the sort that never lose, the ones who want to take the "right" type of aquarium cleaner. That's the "message" from the guy, who under only fours, already brought the country to the brink of bankruptcy. People told him to take money out of the economy while times were good. Now there's nothing left to put back in. Sign away all the regulations, loot the country, but, look like a "winner", for a couple of years. The only way for Trump, himself.

Well it is just a concrete example of him promising and not delivering. The thing about this is no matter what the tax returns would tell us, you'd dismiss it is as fake news (or whatever term you personally use). So you're right, it largely doesn't matter.

Not sure what you are talking about "my side". I've never voted for a Democrat President in my life. I just have no respect for Trump and think for myself. You guys can't buy that though, always going back to some imagined thing where I am defending Obama who was the PREVIOUS President BTW. Plenty of Republican Presidents I have no serious issue with. Trump is different.

Not sure what you mean either about Obama "blowing up the healthcare system". Go looo at Valient and such and tell me how great your freemarket hocus pocus bullshit works.
    Are you intentionally being obtuse?

"Well it is just a concrete example of him promising and not delivering."

I already agreed with you he made claims to put out his returns and hasn't yet. Funny you didn't address Obama's CONCRETE example of him promising “if you like your doctor you can keep your doctor “ AND NOT DELIVERING.

Don't lump me in with others and tell me what I would do.

"you'd dismiss it is as fake news" "You guys can't buy that though"

You're not sure what I meant about Obama blowing up the healthcare system? Really?

How about upending all of healthcare? Does that metaphor work better for you or are you going to play dumb with that one too?
    They could have addressed the needs of the poor and those with new or chronic pre-existing conditions without impacting EVERYONES healthcare. But in the end they just want single payer.

There is more than just Trump in my equation. The evil left winger socialists are also in the equation. Between the two its a no brainer that Trump wins.

Thread Information