Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: Chloroquine Combating Coronavirus

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA2VqPvBnQ
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Chloroquine phosphate is a different drug than hydroxychloroquine. It's used to clean fish tanks.
    What is hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil), and what is it used for?

Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) and its sister drug chloroquine (Aralen) are under investigation for treatment of the COVID-19 coronavirus disease.

Korean doctors used these anti-malaria drugs to treat COVID-19 with some success, according to a paper filed with Elsevier in March 2020, but effectiveness is unproven.

Hydroxychloroquine is classified as an anti-malarial drug. It is similar to chloroquine (Aralen) and is useful in treating several forms of malaria as well as lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis. Its mechanism of action is unknown.
    https://www.medicinenet.com/hydroxyc...ne/article.htm
    Last edited by LMR; 03-25-2020 at 09:30 PM.

Originally Posted by LMR View Post
    During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.
    https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/th...-restrictions/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davekea...it-didnt-work/
    Nothing but liberal spin, dude. Give it up.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Chloroquine phosphate is a different drug than hydroxychloroquine. It's used to clean fish tanks.
    What is hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil), and what is it used for?

Hydroxychloroquine (Plaquenil) and its sister drug chloroquine (Aralen) are under investigation for treatment of the COVID-19 coronavirus disease.

Korean doctors used these anti-malaria drugs to treat COVID-19 with some success, according to a paper filed with Elsevier in March 2020, but effectiveness is unproven.

Hydroxychloroquine is classified as an anti-malarial drug. It is similar to chloroquine (Aralen) and is useful in treating several forms of malaria as well as lupus erythematosus and rheumatoid arthritis. Its mechanism of action is unknown.
    https://www.medicinenet.com/hydroxyc...ne/article.htm
    France is also reporting good results along with several New York doctors.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by jpfromla View Post
    https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...uine-phosphate

Chloroquine phosphate cleans aquariums, hydroxychloroquine is used for the covid 19. This dead dumbshit took the wrong drug and the media blames Trump. As usual bullshit fake news that certain morons on this board want to believe. The media and its CNN followers love to pass on bullshit and make up crap to get at Trump.
    The widow of the dude who died directly quoted Trump and blamed him. I mean, not sure what else to tell you, but you can of course dutifully blame the media like Trump demands of his followers.

They're stupid they listened to Trump or Trump is stupid for running his mouth?

I love how you all want to turn this into a Trump or Anti-Trump Thing.
    Just get used to Trump because he is going to be the President for another 4 years.
    Maybe more if he declares himself Supreme Chancellor lol.
    Truth is it doesn't matter... Biden will Fuck it up just like every other President because it doesn't matter who is President.

During a Feb. 28, 2020, campaign rally in South Carolina, President Donald Trump likened the Democrats' criticism of his administration's response to the new coronavirus outbreak to their efforts to impeach him, saying "this is their new hoax." During the speech he also seemed to downplay the severity of the outbreak, comparing it to the common flu.
    https://www.factcheck.org/2020/03/th...-restrictions/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davekea...it-didnt-work/
    It doesn't matter. Whatever interpretation they want to hamster up, Trump was clearly very wrong. It was neither a hoax nor a Democratic hoax. Pointless argument.

Dr. Fauci listening to and appreciating Trump's remarks on the virus

https://i.imgur.com/IdJjcDV.mp4
    please don't feed the trolls

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post

Chloroquine phosphate cleans aquariums, hydroxychloroquine is used for the covid 19. This dead dumbshit took the wrong drug and the media blames Trump. As usual bullshit fake news that certain morons on this board want to believe. The media and its CNN followers love to pass on bullshit and make up crap to get at Trump.
    The widow of the dude who died directly quoted Trump and blamed him. I mean, not sure what else to tell you, but you can of course dutifully blame the media like Trump demands of his followers.

LOLOLOL!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Just can't get away from the blame Trump game can you? The drug was in the media way before Trump said anything about it. It was referred to as the "malarial drug hydroxychloroquine." Now, if I would have picked up a can of aquarium cleaner and seen "hydroxychloroquine phosphate" as an ingredient do you think I would dose myself with it? With aquarium cleaner? There are some really stupid people on this planet. The dude that died was one of them. Are you that stupid, accountinquestion?

Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post

Nope. Fauci was listening to the main stream media as assinine questions.

The absolute BEST part of watching the dumbass Trump haters ramble on with their nonsense, is what his presidency is proving about how the more critical events he gets challenged with, the more solidified his chances become of being recognized as our greatest president ever!

THAT has got to be putting the hurt on the liberals like nothing before. And amid rising approval numbers to boot? No president has ever had to face anything like this. Could you imagine Hillary tangling with something as serious as Covid? She'd become even more wretched. How about Obama? We'd be tired of all his face-saving posturing and empty lectures after the first week. And Joe Biden leading a huge effort such as this! Lolololol!!

Savor the moment folks. Trump was MADE for leading the world thru events like this.

Just found this news item this morning. Doctors have been hoarding hydroxychloroquine for themselves and their families by writing prescriptions and stashing the medicine. Its causing shortages. At this point I think every governor needs to do what Sisolak did.

https://news.search.yahoo.com/search...&hsimp=yhs-102

Besides, No one said anything about taking hydroxychloroquine prophylactically as a preventative for cov19. The guy should be considered for the Darwin award.
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

LOLOLOL!! HAHAHAHAHA!!! Just can't get away from the blame Trump game can you? The drug was in the media way before Trump said anything about it. It was referred to as the "malarial drug hydroxychloroquine." Now, if I would have picked up a can of aquarium cleaner and seen "hydroxychloroquine phosphate" as an ingredient do you think I would dose myself with it? With aquarium cleaner? There are some really stupid people on this planet. The dude that died was one of them. Are you that stupid, accountinquestion?
    What is your point? Some poster "blamed the media" which is exactly what Trumps wants his followers to do. The news is fake, listen to me, says our fearless leader. I'm just pointing this out. It isn't worth discussing.

So myself, not being a Trump follower, does not dismiss the media. While it has its problems, go look at the non-existent media of Russia and China. Any real American should be proud that we have the media like we do, regardless of whether you choose to listen to Foxnews or CNN.

So given the above paragraph I simply pointed out the widow directly attributed their learning of the drug's potential to Trump. It wasn't some made up connection by the media.

Your argument is like that of many other Trumpers. "Well it happened at some point somewhere else so we can't blame Trump at all". In this case "it" was the mentioning of this drug in the media.

During this whole episode, I am starting to have a greater appreciation for "Trump Derangement Syndrome" as a clinical diagnosable condition.

Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post

It is a passive aggressive facepalm. It is the facepalm where the face contact is not near an orifice.

Smart man this Fauci guy.

What is your point? Some poster "blamed the media" which is exactly what Trumps wants his followers to do. The news is fake, listen to me, says our fearless leader. I'm just pointing this out. It isn't worth discussing.

So myself, not being a Trump follower, does not dismiss the media. While it has its problems, go look at the non-existent media of Russia and China. Any real American should be proud that we have the media like we do, regardless of whether you choose to listen to Foxnews or CNN.

So given the above paragraph I simply pointed out the widow directly attributed their learning of the drug's potential to Trump. It wasn't some made up connection by the media.

Your argument is like that of many other Trumpers. "Well it happened at some point somewhere else so we can't blame Trump at all". In this case "it" was the mentioning of this drug in the media.

During this whole episode, I am starting to have a greater appreciation for "Trump Derangement Syndrome" as a clinical diagnosable condition.
    Do you know what your precious media is up to now? CNN and NBC say they are going to stop airing Trump's coronavirus press conferences. And of course they are going to say Trump is dangerous. That's their cover. But the real reason is Trump's coronavirus press conferences have given him a 60% approval rating on handling the crisis. The mainstream media will absolutely not tolerate anything that helps Trump's approval ratings.

PS: If they do what they say they are going to do it will send Fox News ratings, already super strong, thru the roof.

PSS: Accountinquestion, if the guy that died would have been you, and you read the ingrediencts, would you have eaten the aquarium cleaner?

Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    Besides, No one said anything about taking hydroxychloroquine prophylactically as a preventative for cov19. The guy should be considered for the Darwin award.
    I was thinking the exact same thing.

Just found this news item this morning. Doctors have been hoarding hydroxychloroquine for themselves and their families by writing prescriptions and stashing the medicine. Its causing shortages. At this point I think every governor needs to do what Sisolak did.

https://news.search.yahoo.com/search...&hsimp=yhs-102
    I'd love to be a fly on the wall in a hydroxychloroquine-hording Dr.'s session with a Covid-19 patient:

Patient: "Doc, I heard hydroxychloroquine and Z-pak really help with Covid-19 and was wondering if you could prescribe me a regimen ?"
    Dr. Evil: "I'm sorry sir, but that's not been proven yet, we're still awaiting the results of the clinical trials."

Haha! Excatly! Us here at upholstery cleaning Leander TX couldn't agree with you more! And that video clip! LOL! Classic!

Do you know what your precious media is up to now? CNN and NBC say they are going to stop airing Trump's coronavirus press conferences. And of course they are going to say Trump is dangerous. That's their cover. But the real reason is Trump's coronavirus press conferences have given him a 60% approval rating on handling the crisis. The mainstream media will absolutely not tolerate anything that helps Trump's approval ratings.

PS: If they do what they say they are going to do it will send Fox News ratings, already super strong, thru the roof.

PSS: Accountinquestion, if the guy that died would have been you, and you read the ingrediencts, would you have eaten the aquarium cleaner?

Can any lawyers chime in on legal liability to the news networks if they promulgate inaccurate information? I assume that the president, while in office, can't be sued for providing inaccurate information. But would networks quoting him be similarly insulated from civil suits? Or could they be held responsible?

My theory is that anyone, from either party, who would do the following would boost their approval ratings:

1) Tell people what they want to hear.
    2) Give people the most optimistic version of upcoming events.
    3) Advertise that they have control of the situation in some way, which can be partly accomplished by setting dates and plans in advance.

Telling people what they do not want to hear, giving people pessimistic projections, and explaining that control is limited -- all good ways to decrease approval ratings.

The question is which way saves more lives, the high approval rating schtick or the low approval rating schtick?

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

Can any lawyers chime in on legal liability to the news networks if they promulgate inaccurate information? I assume that the president, while in office, can't be sued for providing inaccurate information. But would networks quoting him be similarly insulated from civil suits? Or could they be held responsible?

My theory is that anyone, from either party, who would do the following would boost their approval ratings:

1) Tell people what they want to hear.
    2) Give people the most optimistic version of upcoming events.
    3) Advertise that they have control of the situation in some way, which can be partly accomplished by setting dates and plans in advance.

Telling people what they do not want to hear, giving people pessimistic projections, and explaining that control is limited -- all good ways to decrease approval ratings.

The question is which way saves more lives, the high approval rating schtick or the low approval rating schtick?
    The media lies about Trump everyday for 3 years and you think they give a damn about being sued? I think Trump has been doing a good job on the coronavirus pandemic. One thing you have to do is listen to Trump directly. If it goes thru the media to you then you are getting the wrong information. They twist up anything he says.

Trump "We need to start using hydroxychloroquine."
    Media "Trump is advocating the use of unapproved drugs!!"

Cuomo "We need to start using hydroxychloroquine."
    Media "Great leadership. We need more of that!!"

Thread Information