Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678910 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing During The Coronapocalypse?

Thanks for the tips on getting free movies, guys, but I'm passing. All I get is them trying to get me to download stuff from shady sites and my anti-virus telling me there is malvertising going on.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Thanks for the tips on getting free movies, guys, but I'm passing. All I get is them trying to get me to download stuff from shady sites and my anti-virus telling me there is malvertising going on.

You got that right. Besides there's a million free apps for roku or any smart tv. You can stream all the crappy movies you would ever want to see.
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

Today's movie is Deadwood. Got a free 7 day trial on HBO Now. Then it's $15 a month. There's a few other HBO movies I want to see and then I will cancel the subscription before the 7 days is up.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrV...gNKnQCEMcRNIs-
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Axel, 160mbps? You're running multiple computers, with video. Does your area have gigabit service? We have 4 computers always on around the house and tv's streaming, cameras, security, alexa etc., and I had to get 1000mbps in order to handle it all. My bill is about $180 for internet and Dish (which we don't watch that much). Internet is $115.
    F*** you Rob, I wish I had the Gblast. I'm wondering if that's Overkill for what I'm doing? I don't think the servers can push me the information that quick. I do have a lot of older computers that I use frequently, so I'm not sure if I would have to change the network cards or not. Also, I don't really use a wired computer and I thought once you start sharing it between computers it slows the speeds down?

I remember briefly looking into it when it first came out, but it was super expensive. They wanted some outrageous amount for the modem as well, at least $300 if I recall correctly(I can probably buy my own, but I already invested in an expensive one a few years back). I'm not quite sure if it's actually in my area or not since I stopped looking into it once I saw the prices. I have Since forgotten all about Gblast I did, call Cox at one point to tell them I was going to drop their service unless they gave me a break on the bill. I think they did for like $20 and upgraded me from 50 mbps two where I'm at now.

Think I'll call them again and ask for another price reduction or perhaps if I can get the gigabit and it will work with all my devices.

I think Cox is blocking Las Vegas from that super fast Google internet they've been talking about. From what I was hearing that was only like 40 bucks a month.

We don't drop the cable because my wife seems to like that Contour remote and for some reason she actually likes commercial breaks so she can read in between or go do something.
    I have the same problem with my wife and satellite TV. But Dish does allow us to suspend it when we leave for the summers and falls. I keep the internet (Cox) on so I can monitor the inside andoutside cameras from my phone.

Cox was very high but their gigablast came down to $115 so I got it. I hard-wired all my tv's, my jailbroken firestick, and my indoor cameras which made a difference. But nothing is really 1000. Directly wired to my computer in the same room as the modem it's like 700. Everything else is all over the map. But it is way faster and I have no buffering problems whatsoever any more.

That $115/mo. includes some monthly rental fee for the modem. There is no need for a wireless router because it's built into the modem, and it works perfectly.

I think the Phx. and LV rates for this fiber optic service are pretty similar.

This morning's movie is 61 on HBO NOW.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrU...upxIFBBtHtpOo-

Today's movie is Deadwood. Got a free 7 day trial on HBO Now. Then it's $15 a month. There's a few other HBO movies I want to see and then I will cancel the subscription before the 7 days is up.

Did you have as high of an opinion of it as I did? Thought it wrapped up the series nicely. Not many series get that option years later.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

Did you have as high of an opinion of it as I did? Thought it wrapped up the series nicely. Not many series get that option years later.
    The movie was good but didn't follow history that well. The timeline in the movie was 1889. Charlie Utter had left Deadwood by 1880 for mining towns in Colorado and New Mexico. He was known to still be alive in Panama in 1912. No one knows when or where he died. Calamity Jane was not a lesbian. She remarried to a man named Burke in the 1880's. The movie portrays Al Swearingen as a dying man in 1889 but he actually was found shot to death in Denver in 1904.

I played a $16 tournament on Bovada this morning. 694 players and came in 5th to cash for $400. I think I made a mistake to get knocked out. Had 13 mill on button, big stack in big blind with 27 mill. Other 3 stacks at 7 mill or less. I open shoved with pocket 4's and get called by big blind with KQ suited. With 27 mill he has me covered. I'm small favorite but he catches a king and I'm out. If I win that hand I'm chip leader and rest of stacks at 11 mill or less. But I failed to take into consideration the size of the blinds and the smaller stacks of the other 3 players. I was in 2nd chip position out of five. Blinds at 50K/100K. Probably should have folded to let short stacks blind off before making a move. Anyways, I'm learning.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Played another $16 tournament on Bovada yesterday. Came in 52nd for a $40 cash. I'm liking this particular tournament because you get 89K starting chips, blinds start at 25/50, just 8 minute rounds. I usually go for late registration coming in about the 10th leve. The morning tournament usually gets over 700 players. If you make the final table you cash pretty good.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 04-26-2020 at 05:35 AM.

Watched the 5 part mini-series Chernobyl the last couple of days. This is a very good docu-series on HBO NOW. Most people think Reagan's defense buildup sank the Soviet Union. But Mikhail Gorbachev says Chernobyl was the real cause. It has to do with the Communist Party's cover-up of the truth of what happened at Chernobyl. People got tired of Communist Party lies. China is doing something similar with coronavirus.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrV...3dLjEPApy1sdk-

Watched the 5 part mini-series Chernobyl the last couple of days. This is a very good docu-series on HBO NOW. Most people think Reagan's defense buildup sank the Soviet Union. But Mikhail Gorbachev says Chernobyl was the real cause. It has to do with the Communist Party's cover-up of the truth of what happened at Chernobyl. People got tired of Communist Party lies. China is doing something similar with coronavirus.

Mickey, i’m going to have to disagree with you on this one. The numbers speak for themselves. The Russians trying to keep up with Reagan’s military buildup is what eventually sank the Soviet Union. It’s that simple.

Of course the liberal press and Gorbachev aren’t going to give Reagan credit. That would mean they were wrong. I don’t know if you remember but at that time all the liberals were saying Reagan was leading us into World War III and what he was doing would never work. They wanted Reagan to negotiate with the Soviet Union like Carter was doing before him. What they really wanted was the United States to become like the Soviet Union.

Now that Reagan’s strategy was successful and Reagan was right, they’re trying to rewrite history. There is no way one little reactor catastrophe in Chernobyl, and it’s cover up, would lead to the downfall of USSR. It hurt that local area, yes, but it didn’t take down the Soviet Union.

Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post

Mickey, i’m going to have to disagree with you on this one. The numbers speak for themselves. The Russians trying to keep up with Reagan’s military buildup is what eventually sank the Soviet Union. It’s that simple.

Of course the liberal press and Gorbachev aren’t going to give Reagan credit. That would mean they were wrong. I don’t know if you remember but at that time all the liberals were saying Reagan was leading us into World War III and what he was doing would never work. They wanted Reagan to negotiate with the Soviet Union like Carter was doing before him. What they really wanted was the United States to become like the Soviet Union.

Now that Reagan’s strategy was successful and Reagan was right, they’re trying to rewrite history. There is no way one little reactor catastrophe in Chernobyl, and it’s cover up, would lead to the downfall of USSR. It hurt that local area, yes, but it didn’t take down the Soviet Union.
    When has the mainstream media given credit to a Republican ever?
    Keep your friends close, keep your drinks closer...

Well, you are not disagreeing with me. You are disagreeing with Mikhail Gorbachev. And "one little reactor catastrophe" is far from what happened. It was the worst nuclear disaster in history. It was rated as maximum severity. Over 1000 square miles was contaminated. They worked feverishly to keep the contamination out of the Usk River which dumps into the Pripyat River which dumps into the Dnieper River which dumps into the Black Sea. Had the radiation reached that far downstream it would have uprooted 50 million people. The clean up is projected to last until 2065.

This morning I played a $16 tournament on Bovada and didn't cash. Then I bought into a $22 tournament with $10 bounties. There were 94 players. I made the final table. Then there were 5 left. Then there were 4 left.

Then there were 3 left. Then there were 2 left. Then there was only me left. i cashed for $194 + $40 in bounties.

Well, you are not disagreeing with me. You are disagreeing with Mikhail Gorbachev. And "one little reactor catastrophe" is far from what happened. It was the worst nuclear disaster in history. It was rated as maximum severity. Over 1000 square miles was contaminated. They worked feverishly to keep the contamination out of the Usk River which dumps into the Pripyat River which dumps into the Dnieper River which dumps into the Black Sea. Had the radiation reached that far downstream it would have uprooted 50 million people. The clean up is projected to last until 2065.
    Valid point. I meant to say HBO and Gorbachev got it wrong. I understand it wasn't "one little reactor catastrophe"...that was a poor choice of words. I meant that statement more in a sarcastic way. I get it was bad; it was one of only two nuclear disasters that was rated a class 7. The other one was in Japan in 2011, called Fukushima. I don't remember Japan having a regime change due to that disaster.

As far why Soviet Union collapsed, there were many reasons, but the main one was Reagan's policies. The Soviet Union would have collapsed eventually since it's a failed model, but Reagan definitely sped up the process.

When Reagan took over, he went away from the "containment policy", which had been our policy for 35 years with USSR. And to the "lets defeat them policy", which had the liberals scared shitless, just like they are today with this virus. Reagan's policy from his own words: "We win and they lose". Reagan was not scared of Russia, and he backed up his words with a strong military.

As I'm sure you remember, we had a huge military buildup during that time, and confronted Soviet Union through out the world, freeing Grenada with an invasion. One of Reagan's main military initiatives was Strategic Defense Initiative (SDI), which had the liberals scared because they thought it could lead to a war with Russia. They made fun of it by calling it Star Wars. The Soviet Union tried to keep up with our military spending and technology, but couldn't which hastened their fall.

Today many liberals try to give some credit to Gorbachev, calling him a liberal Democrat. The following article points out he was a modern Leninst, like many liberals today. The following is one of the best articles I found on Reagan's impact on the Fall of Soviet Union and Communism.

https://www.heritage.org/report/rona...fall-communism

It mentions the Chernobyl disaster, but this was just one of many things going wrong in Russia. Reading this article makes you proud to be an American. It's nice to revisit history from time to time and remember what our country stands for.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA2VqPvBnQ
    Then there were 3 left. Then there were 2 left. Then there was only me left. i cashed for $194 + $40 in bounties.
    Jesus, Crimm, what a great start to that epic novel of yours. Truly masterful. Then, the ending to this sentence. Something about an online poker tournament. Sigh. I was holding my breath.

Last night's movie was Bohemian Rhapsody on HBO NOW.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrW...mJa6NpdXbuUyM-

played a $27 tournament on Bovada this morning. 366 players. Came in 66th for a $43 cash.

Last night's movie was Bohemian Rhapsody on HBO NOW.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrW...mJa6NpdXbuUyM-

Another movie I enjoyed. I thought it was better than the Elton John biopic, Rocket Man. Not sure if you have access to that one.

Thread Information