Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing During The Coronapocalypse?

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    looks random to me.

Philadelphia mayor orders all backboards and baskets removed from city parks. Too many groups still playing pickup games around the clock.

Seems racist to me.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Philadelphia mayor orders all backboards and baskets removed from city parks. Too many groups still playing pickup games around the clock.

Seems racist to me.
    What, white people don't play basketball? Admittedly, most of us don't play that well.

Cause you can't jump.
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

Seems racist to me.
    What, white people don't play basketball? Admittedly, most of us don't play that well.
    It was a joke. Just like the Philadelphia mayor and DA. At least you can still walk up and get a CheeseSteak all around town.

Seems like a lot of Caucasians on this list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...l_Hall_of_Fame

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Seems like a lot of Caucasians on this list.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...l_Hall_of_Fame
    Plenty in the HoF, not many on the street courts in Philadelphia. Just reality.

File under who didn’t see this coming. 400 at a party in California, 6 shot. Obviously someone looked at someone wrong, bumped into them or just generally “disrespected” them.

https://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/...party-70103273

I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there were brown and black people involved. Likely some illegals.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    I'm gonna go out on a limb and say there were brown and black people involved. Likely some illegals.
    Add in nobody saw nothing and I’m sure you have a good bet there.

https://www.kget.com/news/crime-watc...t-bakersfield/

Suspects, 4 black males.

Got these two complete sets in the other day.
    It should take me 3 to 4 weeks to watch every episode.
    Not sure that anyone cares but Kenneth Johnson breaks down the pilot episode of The Incredible Hulk in great detail.
    Many of the early DVDs for Movies and TV shows would have directors, producers or actors break down their work.
    I always enjoyed that aspect but obviously it wasn't cost effective.
    Groundhog Day has a really good version with Harold Ramis breaking down the whole movie.

So far the Quantum Leap Bonus was some commentary before each season 1 episode.
    Season 1 is easy to breeze through as it is only 9 episodes.
    Both the Hulk and Quantum Leap have really good pilots, IMO that is.
    Quantum Leap gets a little goofy with the cliffhanger leaps not always lining up with the next episode.
    They got a little sloppy in that respect but that is how they aired the originals.
    The music for both of these series always gets me geeked up.
    Both Intros are fun to watch for me... Nostalgia I suppose.

Same goes for subtitles.
    They used to put all sorts of languages on DVDs now they just give you Spanish, English and maybe French.

I am sure you can find all these episodes somewhere on the internet.
    I know I found the Hulk Pilot with both commentary on or off.
    I just like having the DVDs personally as they make it easier for my situation.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by monet; 04-12-2020 at 05:40 PM.

Got these two complete sets in the other day.
    It should take me 3 to 4 weeks to watch every episode.
    Not sure that anyone cares but Kenneth Johnson breaks down the pilot episode of The Incredible Hulk in great detail.
    Many of the early DVDs for Movies and TV shows would have directors, producers or actors break down their work.
    I always enjoyed that aspect but obviously it wasn't cost effective.
    Groundhog Day has a really good version with Harold Ramis breaking down the whole movie.

So far the Quantum Leap Bonus was some commentary before each season 1 episode.
    Season 1 is easy to breeze through as it is only 9 episodes.
    Both the Hulk and Quantum Leap have really good pilots, IMO that is.
    Quantum Leap gets a little goofy with the cliffhanger leaps not always lining up with the next episode.
    They got a little sloppy in that respect but that is how they aired the originals.
    The music for both of these series always gets me geeked up.
    Both Intros are fun to watch for me... Nostalgia I suppose.

Same goes for subtitles.
    They used to put all sorts of languages on DVDs now they just give you Spanish, English and maybe French.

I am sure you can find all these episodes somewhere on the internet.
    I know I found the Hulk Pilot with both commentary on or off.
    I just like having the DVDs personally as they make it easier for my situation.
    Bill Bixby was also good in The Courtship of Eddie's Father.

One thing I've done in celebration of the coronapocalypse is try to watch a movie a day. I've gone over the internet movie lists by the years starting with 2019 and going backwards. I'm picking out the movies that I wanted to see when they came out but never got around to it. This is not a complete list of what I've watch so far:

Julius Caesar............................................ ..Bone Tomahawk
    The New World...........................................Th e Monuments Men
    Last King of Scotland...................................Amistad
    Monster........................................... ..........Milk
    Citizen Cohn.............................................. Owning Mahoney
    Hotel Rwanda............................................ Mississippi Grind
    The Butler............................................ .....Unbroken
    Munich
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    One thing I've done in celebration of the coronapocalypse is try to watch a movie a day. I've gone over the internet movie lists by the years starting with 2019 and going backwards. I'm picking out the movies that I wanted to see when they came out but never got around to it. This is not a complete list of what I've watch so far:

Julius Caesar Bone Tomahawk
    The New World The Monuments Men
    Last King of Scotland Amistad
    Monster Milk
    Citizen Cohn Owning Mahoney
    Hotel Rwanda Mississippi Grind
    The Butler Unbroken
    Munich
    You might want to skip Milk.
    Not sure your political views would line up with this movie.
    I never seen it as I couldn't bring myself to watch the content.
    Of course, if you watch Milk you might as well watch Brokeback Mountain, Dallas Buyers Club and Magic Mike.
    3 other movies I skipped.
    Heck, you might as well watch Tom Hanks and Denzel in Philadelphia if you get on that train.

Monuments Men isn't very good IMO even with that all star cast.
    Seems like they just wanted to goof around and make a moive.

I could never make it through Hotel Rwanda.
    Bone Tomahawk is kinda out there... sort of like a zombie movie.
    Unbroken is ok I suppose as it is a true story but it doesn't seem to be one of those movies I would watch over and over.
    It's hard to get behind Angelina Jolie directing a WW2 movie.
    The rest of your list is pretty decent or better.
    oh yeah... didn't see the Butler as I don't have much interest in Oprah.
    Forrest Whitaker is usually good but since your watching Milk and all you might as well catch him in The Crying Game.
    I was really disappointed with him and Jude Law in Repo Men... I thought that movie was going to be much better.

You can skip The New World as well.
    I have seen it multiple times as I try to rewatch it but it is always a waste of over 2 hours.
    Every time I watch it I realize why I don't remember it.
    Sometimes real life doesn't work very well on the big screen for me.
    You would think that story and that cast would be more interesting.
    Of course the consensus is divided as many people think it is a work of art.
    You literally have 30 to 45 minutes of Trees to watch... they could of cut this movie to 90 minutes.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Bill Bixby was also good in The Courtship of Eddie's Father.
    Thanks for pointing this out.
    I remember this show but I don't remember this show if that makes sense.
    One thing is for sure!
    Bill Bixby seems like a different person when you compare the two.
    Last edited by monet; 04-13-2020 at 04:45 AM.

Monet, I had a historical reason to watch Milk. This is not a diatribe against gays just the history as I know it. Its what actually happened.

In the early sixties we lived in the Castro District of San Francisco. It was an area on the west side known as Eureka Valley. It was a family neighborhood centered around Douglas Elementary School and Eureka Valley Park. We lived there when Kennedy was shot. I went to the 5th and 6th grades there. In 1965 we moved up to Sonoma, California. When I asked my stepdad why we were moving he said "this town is going to pot." I was just 11 at the time and didn't know what he was talking about but he was an old WW 2 marine that didn't like gays.

In the fifties and sixties there was a military draft. The military had a policy against gays but it didn't matter if you were gay or not when it came to the draft. A gay person, once in the military, was sent to San Francisco to be processed out of the service. Many gays stayed in SF because there were plenty of jobs and the cost of living wasn't bad. The years rolled by and more and more gays congregated in SF. So much so that they started taking over whole neighborhoods.

They were taking over our neighborhood, Eureka Valley. The families started moving out. Long story short. We lived on 19th and Castro. One block away, 18th and Castro is now known as the gayest 4 corners on the planet earth. Douglas Elementary School is now known as Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy. Eureka Valley Park is now named after Rikki Streicher a bar owner that catered to gays.

Harvey Milk Lived in Eureka Valley. That's why I was interested in the movie. So okay, I didn't like it because they destroyed our neighborhood. At least thats what we thought happened. But its a lot of years later and I actually enjoyed the movie. Harvey Milk showed gays how to gain political power, something they had never had before. I'm certainly not gay, if you kiss me you better have a split between your legs, but I like Harvey Milk.
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 04-13-2020 at 04:54 AM.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Monet, I had a historical reason to watch Milk. This is not a diatribe against gays just the history as I know it. Its what actually happened.

In the early sixties we lived in the Castro District of San Francisco. It was an area on the west side known as Eureka Valley. It was a family neighborhood centered around Douglas Elementary School and Eureka Valley Park. We lived there when Kennedy was shot. I went to the 5th and 6th grades there. In 1965 we moved up to Sonoma, California. When I asked my stepdad why we were moving he said "this town is going to pot." I was just 11 at the time and didn't know what he was talking about but he was an old WW 2 marine that didn't like gays.

In the fifties and sixties there was a military draft. The military had a policy against gays but it didn't matter if you were gay or not when it came to the draft. A gay person, once in the military, was sent to San Francisco to be processed out of the service. Many gays stayed in SF because there were plenty of jobs and the cost of living wasn't bad. The years rolled by and more and more gays congregated in SF. So much so that they started taking over whole neighborhoods.

They were taking over our neighborhood, Eureka Valley. The families started moving out. Long story short. We lived on 19th and Castro. One block away, 18th and Castro is now known as the gayest 4 corners on the planet earth. Douglas Elementary School is now known as Harvey Milk Civil Rights Academy. Eureka Valley Park is now named after Rikki Streicher a bar owner that catered to gays.

Harvey Milk Lived in Eureka Valley. That's why I was interested in the movie.
    Sounds like you already lived the movie.
    I have no interest in watching it but I am interested in reading your review if you do.

Sounds like you already lived the movie.
    I have no interest in watching it but I am interested in reading your review if you do.
    Disclaimer: I'm not a good movie reviewer.

I don't care for his politics but Sean Penn is a damn good actor. And I know his sexual orientation. Dude, was diddling Madonna amongst others. But he took to the gay love scenes like a duck takes to water. I don't know if he was nominated for an Academy Award but he should have been.

Charlize Theron did the same thing in Monster.

Charlize Theron did the same thing in Monster.
    Monster was incredible to me. Both the story and Theron’s performance. Years back after the movie came out we were at the Daytona 500 for the week. We made it a point to visit the bars in the Ormond Beach area where Eileen hung out. Definitely biker type places, but they were filled with all types during Speedweeks.

https://www.cbssports.com/nascar/new...-virtual-race/

Bet NASCAR driver Kyle Larson isn’t happy with his choice of joining in on the virtual racing. Now losing sponsors and is suspended for using the N word during a public virtual event.

Guess he is going to kiss Jessie Jackson’s ass and do the public apology tour. By the way, he is a Japanese American.

https://www.cbssports.com/nascar/new...-virtual-race/

Bet NASCAR driver Kyle Larson isn’t happy with his choice of joining in on the virtual racing. Now losing sponsors and is suspended for using the N word during a public virtual event.

Guess he is going to kiss Jessie Jackson’s ass and do the public apology tour. By the way, he is a Japanese American.
    If Larson was black not a word would have been said about it. That is also racist.

Thread Information