Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 LastLast

Thread: What Are You Doing During The Coronapocalypse?

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    One thing I've done in celebration of the coronapocalypse is try to watch a movie a day. I've gone over the internet movie lists by the years starting with 2019 and going backwards. I'm picking out the movies that I wanted to see when they came out but never got around to it. This is not a complete list of what I've watch so far:

Julius Caesar............................................ ..Bone Tomahawk
    The New World...........................................Th e Monuments Men
    Last King of Scotland...................................Amistad
    Monster........................................... ..........Milk
    Citizen Cohn.............................................. Owning Mahoney
    Hotel Rwanda............................................ Mississippi Grind
    The Butler............................................ .....Unbroken
    Munich
    I forgot to mention I rent the movies on youtube for $3 to $4.

The movie for today is:

7 Days At Entebbe
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

One thing I've done in celebration of the coronapocalypse is try to watch a movie a day. I've gone over the internet movie lists by the years starting with 2019 and going backwards. I'm picking out the movies that I wanted to see when they came out but never got around to it. This is not a complete list of what I've watch so far:

Munich

The movie for today is:

7 Days At Entebbe
    Not sure if you have an Amazon Prime membership Mick, but they have some decent options for free. Both movies and TV series.

I watched every season of “The Man in the High Castle”. Highly recommended.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

Munich

The movie for today is:

7 Days At Entebbe
    Not sure if you have an Amazon Prime membership Mick, but they have some decent options for free. Both movies and TV series.

I did Amazon Prime to watch the Deadwood series and also Yellowstone. I may go back to them. I think the next Yellowstone season starts in July. Stars Kevin Costner and is pretty good.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

The movie for today is:

7 Days At Entebbe

I did Amazon Prime to watch the Deadwood series and also Yellowstone. I may go back to them. I think the next Yellowstone season starts in July. Stars Kevin Costner and is pretty good.
    My wife loves Yellowstone. I probably should catch up and watch it. Not much better to do.

Not sure if you saw it but they did a 2 hour Deadwood movie on HBO last year. I thought it was really good and wrapped up a lot of loose ends from the series. Not sure where you can find it now.

Grosjean has some good ideas for AP's during this downtime in a new blog entry.

https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/gamb...us-i-lockdown/

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Grosjean has some good ideas for AP's during this downtime in a new blog entry.

https://www.lasvegasadvisor.com/gamb...us-i-lockdown/
    Thanks for the link and reminder. I kind of got away from reading King James as he went quite a while without posting anything new.

I didn't think he would ever post again either. If there are more, I don't think it'll be regular like when it first started.

I've been dealing a lot of UTH. Probably my favorite game to beat. Just tough to find higher limit games.

I didn't like the article it wasn't very helpful, it was basically a way of showing arrogance towards a group of Advantage players.

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    I didn't like the article it wasn't very helpful, it was basically a way of showing arrogance towards a group of Advantage players.
    That is vintage James. He never misses an opportunity to express just what he thinks of card counters and how he and his hole carding team are so much above that. I am actually surprised he didn't go to his coined term "salamander". JbJb has become a lot like that in recent years.

In James's defense, he is not exactly a warm and fuzzy person. This was his way of telling you he actually liked and even on some level admired the guy. That is as close as he can come to saying it.

My wife loves Yellowstone. I probably should catch up and watch it. Not much better to do.

Not sure if you saw it but they did a 2 hour Deadwood movie on HBO last year. I thought it was really good and wrapped up a lot of loose ends from the series. Not sure where you can find it now.
    Right now I can't find a way to watch Deadwood since its a recent HBO movie. Looking forward to it though.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    That is vintage James. He never misses an opportunity to express just what he thinks of card counters and how he and his hole carding team are so much above that. I am actually surprised he didn't go to his coined term "salamander". JbJb has become a lot like that in recent years.

In James's defense, he is not exactly a warm and fuzzy person. This was his way of telling you he actually liked and even on some level admired the guy. That is as close as he can come to saying it.
    His point is that, although card counting gets the money, its basically a slow slog. Put another way, it's like being the cashier at a store while what we do is like being the CEO.

Today's movie is The Lost City. The movie is free on youtube.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrV...dPu7dRpqrYRKs-
    Last edited by mickeycrimm; 04-14-2020 at 04:25 PM.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post

His point is that, although card counting gets the money, its basically a slow slog. Put another way, it's like being the cashier at a store while what we do is like being the CEO.
    Oh yes, I am well aware of his views on card counting. I agree with him that there are much better things out there that people could be doing. If you're pretty good card counter is seems like the logical Next Step. I'm all for diversification. Personally, I tried to get involved with this many different aspects of Advantage play as possible. Unfortunately, it's hard to learn them all, especially some of the more complex table game moves.

Back to his article, perhaps he should have made it more clear when he was talking about Advantage players. Surely he must realize there are many different types of Advantage players out there? Sports Bettors, poker players, guys that play video poker, guys that play Slots and various other things.

The article just seemed like an opportunity to take a jab card counters without actually getting specific. How did that article actually help anybody? Now I guess this would be a good time to learn and practice a new aspect of Advantage play.

We really didn't need an article to tell us that. There's a bunch of guys that are already doing that right now. The almost annoying when you're talking to them and you can hear them shuffling the cards.

Today's movie is The Missing. Free on youtube.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrV....e9OG_r1nhBdc-

Yesterday's movie was Creed. $3.00 on youtube.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrV...eMDBQw723lDr8-

Yesterday's movie was Creed. $3.00 on youtube.

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrV...eMDBQw723lDr8-
    Milk and Creed huh lol.

I have a flat screen TV and keyboard that I plug into my laptop. Great for watching movies but I also surf the internet and write text with it. And instead of cable I have Youtube TV which covers all the cable channels. Cost is $50 a month.

"Um, you know, there's a uh, during World War... Two,
    uh, you know, where Roosevelt came up with a thing that uh,
    you know, was totally different than a, than the, the, it's called,
    he's called it a, you know, the World War Two, he had the World,
    the War Production Board."

- Joe Biden -

Trump is going to slaughter this guy in a live debate.
    However, I think both sides will have funny moments.

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1251127127098957824
    Last edited by monet; 04-17-2020 at 05:03 PM.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    "Um, you know, there's a uh, during World War... Two,
    uh, you know, where Roosevelt came up with a thing that uh,
    you know, was totally different than a, than the, the, it's called,
    he's called it a, you know, the World War Two, he had the World,
    the War Production Board."

- Joe Biden -

Trump is going to slaughter this guy in a live debate.
    However, I think both sides will have funny moments.

https://twitter.com/#!/x/status/1251127127098957824
    I’ve said it before and believe it even more today. The liberals will do anything to avoid putting this guy in a debate. It’s part of why they want this to drag on. Even they understand he can’t be left alone in a debate.

And can you just IMAGINE what it would BBCelike if he were president right now and had to lead us back to a thriving economy?? Maybe he could get his Secretary of the Treasury, Hunter Biden....that upstanding social, ethical, and moral son of his--to step in and help out.

It'll sure be fun watching old man Biden implode.

Thread Information