Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Las Vegas Grocery Store Update

Midwest Player is making a valiant attempt to take away Mickey’s self given “king troll” title.

I knew that there had to be regions of the country that are getting hit harder with snow. The crazy thing here in New England, three inches of snow this morning and 60 degree weather tomorrow. As Roseanne Roseannadanna said, "It's always something.".

We've been getting snow this month. We can always count on snow flurries in the spring. Got about 5 inches a week ago and about an inch two days ago. Melts off fast this time of year though.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA2VqPvBnQ
    Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Binary = 101010 = 42

M (13th letter of the alphabet)
    A (1st)
    T (20th)
    H (8th)
    = 42
    I would write it 42 base-ten = 0101010 base-two, with that centered 1.

Yes, math = 42 with a = 1, etc, to z = 26; but math = 66 with z = 1, etc, to a = 26. In this scheme of things, physics = 99, and 90, respectively.

So, with math, we have 42 = 3*14 = (4 - 1)*14 ---> 4114; with physics, 90 = 45*2 = (4*11 + 1)*sqrt(4) ---> 41114. And, with the counts going the other ways, with math, we have 66 = 6*11 ---> 611; with physics, 99 = 9*11 ---> 911. Incidentally, with your straight-up count, mathematics = 112 = 114 - 2 = 114 - (1 + 1) ---> 11411.
    Lustin' lutins (from) NUTS:LI (Lichtenstein), unlist insult, until's sunlit!

p
    M
    u
    r
    taRd

---> MR. L(osing).

Shut it down, LMR. = Low Mind thRust, (invar.)

555 = 111 + 4*111 = 15*37, or 37*15, as 153, and 7, or, 371, and 5. As 153 on 371, to 5/7 left, as 6 +/- 1.

3/21 to 8/22 is 153 + 1 days. 321 = 107*3 + 0; 123 = 3*71 + 0. To 1/0. 822 = (-1 + 7)(37 + 100); 228 = 57[6 - (1 + 1)], ---> 11411. 15[3^2] = 153 + (5 + 1). 154 days is ~ 42.08% of year 2020. 451 = 11*41^1.

Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    You Fuckers will be happy to hear I haven't bought any pounds of meat recently.
    Nor have I gone into a grocery store for 4 days.
    I haven't shot any bullets into the desert.
    I hope you are all happy.
    JBS pork processing plant in MN just shut down because they had an outbreak of 17 or 19 confirmed cases now or whatever. That’s after the Smithfield one in Sioux Falls. Better go stock up some more you fuckers! lol. JBS is the exclusive supplier of Costco pork.
    And now a Hormel-owned plant has been shut down:
    https://www.daily-chronicle.com/2020...break/aglaege/

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post

JBS pork processing plant in MN just shut down because they had an outbreak of 17 or 19 confirmed cases now or whatever. That’s after the Smithfield one in Sioux Falls. Better go stock up some more you fuckers! lol. JBS is the exclusive supplier of Costco pork.
    Is the appropriate phrase “stock up fuckers” or “buckle up buttercup.” The JBS plant hasn’t actually shut down YET I guess, 20 cases now and ramping up testing other workers. What’s going to happen to all the livestock ready to go if too many of them shut down?
    Last edited by mcap; 04-19-2020 at 08:07 AM.

We are the losers here, as no one gets to see pictures of some of your fine cooking, like the soup.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post

Is the appropriate phrase “stock up fuckers” or “buckle up buttercup.” The JBS plant hasn’t actually shut down YET I guess, 20 cases now and ramping up testing other workers. What’s going to happen to all the livestock ready to go if too many of them shut down?
    I guess make sure to freeze them if the packaging doesn't specifically restrict it (otherwise you get separation between the "meat" and flavorings if it's processed).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA2VqPvBnQ
    Originally Posted by Deech View Post
    As a Brooklyn native, the number 42 relates to one specific individual, Jackie Robinson. Since I try to stay way from politics and we have three inches of snow on the ground, I though I would glance at this Hall of Famer's statistics.

Damn, the virus and snow has caused me to become a hybrid of Monet and LMR (try putting them both together in the same room).

If you take Jackie's: RBI total minus Batting Average minus Home Runs minus Steals of Home (a major league record at the time) minus date of debut divided by number of all star appearances…...what do you get? Number 42

734 - 311 - 137 - 19 - 15 ./. 6 = 42

I showed my wife this equation with enthusiasm. She demanded that I take my first drink of the day.
    Those numbers not including 42 add to 1222 = (1 + 1)*611 ---> 11611; 42 = 6^2 + 6 = 6^(1 + 1) + 6 ---> 6116. This is like the number 611 facing outward, or inward, with overlapping 6's, or 11's.

In other words, you can go from 1222 to 11611, to 6116, to 42.
    Last edited by LMR; 04-19-2020 at 10:48 AM.
    Lustin' lutins (from) NUTS:LI (Lichtenstein), unlist insult, until's sunlit!

p
    M
    u
    r
    taRd

---> MR. L(osing).

Shut it down, LMR. = Low Mind thRust, (invar.)

555 = 111 + 4*111 = 15*37, or 37*15, as 153, and 7, or, 371, and 5. As 153 on 371, to 5/7 left, as 6 +/- 1.

3/21 to 8/22 is 153 + 1 days. 321 = 107*3 + 0; 123 = 3*71 + 0. To 1/0. 822 = (-1 + 7)(37 + 100); 228 = 57[6 - (1 + 1)], ---> 11411. 15[3^2] = 153 + (5 + 1). 154 days is ~ 42.08% of year 2020. 451 = 11*41^1.

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post

We are the losers here, as no one gets to see pictures of some of your fine cooking, like the soup.
    BoSox knows how to use sarcasm to cause pain.
    Nicely Done BoSox!

In my defense it wasn't out of character.
    I posted a whole months worth of vegetables and jars of juice.
    I have posted my plated dinner on here before as well.
    I kinda use this place as a personal journal sometimes.
    Most likely to get attention as everyone online is trying to garner.

I suppose I should follow the lead of the greatest Forum AP in the History of APing.
    As Mr AxelWolf apologized to Alan earlier in the AndrewG thread.
    I too would like to apologize to nobody on here for anything I said that may have caused them emotional stress.
    I truly am not sorry one iota.

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post

BoSox knows how to use sarcasm to cause pain.
    Nicely Done BoSox!
    Not one iota of sarcasm on my part, only a compliment.

mcap forced me to post these dinner pictures.
    I apologize to everyone else that reads this post or views these pictures.
    I slaved in the kitchen cooking, eating and cleaning for 3 hours.
    Sucks to be Me!

Pan Fried Salmon in an Iron Skillet.
    Red Cabbage with Onions, Garlic and Butternut Squash.
    Sauteed and Steamed in a Cast Iron Dutch Oven on the Stove Top.
    The kind without the painted enamel!
    Ciabatta Bread slathered with Butter and 20 minced Garlic Cloves turned into a paste.
    Baked at 350 for 10 to 15 minutes.

The two in the pan were for the Men and the plated variety was for the Mrs.
    Attached Images Attached Images   

Sucks to be Me!

Ciabatta Bread slathered with Butter and 20 minced Garlic Cloves turned into a paste.

Nicely done. That looks delicious.

Has anyone come across a grocery store that actually has missing meat? It was getting close around here but they had everything.

I don't eat that much meat normally so I pay 0 attention to what it costs. Prices may be up signficantly and I'd have little clue.

Sucks to be Me!

Very impressive look's wonderful. Again no sarcasm in my words. Why would there be anyways as it would be very hypocritical of me to critize when I myself do not know how to cook.

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Has anyone come across a grocery store that actually has missing meat? It was getting close around here but they had everything.

I don't eat that much meat normally so I pay 0 attention to what it costs. Prices may be up signficantly and I'd have little clue.
    I was at a Costco in LA yesterday, no beef at all, chix and pork yes. Two weeks ago I bought filet mignon for $10.29 lb. at Costco.
    Keep your friends close, keep your drinks closer...

Originally Posted by jpfromla View Post
    I was at a Costco in LA yesterday, no beef at all, chix and pork yes. Two weeks ago I bought filet mignon for $10.29 lb. at Costco.
    We'll probably see meat shortages around the country soon. A lot processors are shut down or running low capacity. Since they can't be sold grown cattle and hogs are being euthanized to make room for the younger ones.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Just found a WSJ article on the meat shortage:

https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrW...jSQSn0GKRrJ2U-

Local butcher is booked up until September already lol. Retired local butcher let people bring in hogs to show them how to butcher last weekend, did 53 hogs. Local pig farmers have been selling some to neighbors etc due with concerns some having to be euthanized with concern of meat packing facilities shut down. They gotta go somewhere when a plant shuts down for two weeks, new hogs are scheduled to come in roughly every 3-5 days. If they go to another plant they then work overtime but that’s more of a solution for a couple days not several weeks.

Thread Information