Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Stimulus for pro gamblers

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    SBA just announced rules for $10,000 Covid loans. If more than one-third of your income comes from LEGAL gambling you are NOT eligible. This shuts the door on aid for pro gamblers.
    We shouldn't get paid for a vacation.
    More of a temporary, unexpected , and unwanted temporary layoff than a Vacation...... I thank God I didn't quit my job to become a Professional Gambler. I had won $1,000 on a very good trip and thought,"I won one month's pay in ONE night! I can quit my job to become a Professional Gambler!" My very next thought was,"Shut up! That's a horrible idea! Don't quit your job to become a Professional Gambler!" I am so grateful I listened to my logical and rational side and didn't quit to become a Professional Gambler. I lost much more than that $1,000 I won over the years. And as of today, I am still employef full time. Had I quit to become a Professional Gambler, I would have been out of a job....:/
    Last edited by Tasha; 03-31-2020 at 03:42 PM.
    https://photos.app.goo.gl/Zk2WAFzDcrJ7pjNB7

Take comfort in the fact that no one is actually backing up his wishes to have you permanantly banned.

Smart is knowing a Tomato is a fruit.

Wise is knowing a Tomato doesn't belong in a fruit salad.

I am glad to get my full posting rights back! Thank you Dan!

Originally Posted by Tasha View Post
    Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post
    SBA just announced rules for $10,000 Covid loans. If more than one-third of your income comes from LEGAL gambling you are NOT eligible. This shuts the door on aid for pro gamblers.
    We shouldn't get paid for a vacation.
    More of a temporary, unexpected , and unwanted temporary layoff than a Vacation...... I thank God I didn't quit my job to become a Professional Gambler. I had won $1,000 on a very good trip and thought,"I won one month's pay in ONE night! I can quit my job to become a Professional Gambler!" My very next thought was,"Shut up! That's a horrible idea! Don't quit your job to become a Professional Gambler!" I am so grateful I listened to my logical and rational side and didn't quit to become a Professional Gambler. I lost much more than that $1,000 I won over the years. And as of today, I am still employef full time. Had I quit to become a Professional Gambler, I would have been out of a job....:/
    Sounds like good advice Tasha. Thanks for sharing! That’s why you’re my favorite poster.

I was contemplating quitting my job and becoming a full-time pro gambler or AP, but after reading your post I decided to keep my full time job. I think it’s a safer and more secure way to go.

Also, I haven’t learned how to count 56 tables at the same time yet like Kj, so I’m really not qualified to be a full-time pro blackjack player.

Thread Information