Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Chi Chi

Attached Images Attached Images   

Last Pics for the day...

I would call them some kind of hound dogs. I love the hound dog!
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

I have mice in my kitchen I'll post a picture of one tomorrow.

Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    Good Call!
    They are some sort of Whippet Mix.
    Some Craigslist Ad claimed they were Pitbulls.
    I had just put a 25 cent bullet in our 14 year old Pitbull and wanted to get puppies in the house immediately.
    I am not the type who is going to pay someone to Euthanize my dog.
    I am not against anyone who takes that route but if anyone is going to put my dog down it will be by my own hand.

Figured a Pitbull would cheer up the family and when the rescue people said they were only 150 dollars each I bought both.
    After I had them in the house I realized they looked more like a Greyhound.
    I was expecting full grown Greyhound Mixes.
    Honestly I am glad they were more of a whippet.
    35 to 40 pounds is big enough... I would of hated it if they were 60lb dogs each as I don't really have a yard.

They definitely have Hound in them though.
    Rachel will let all that howling go when I am taking her out or she wants a cookie.
    It is tough to train it out of her but we are still working on it.
    These dogs have some serious speed so I know they have Whippet/Greyhound in them and you can see it in their body and legs.

Thanks for taking the time to notice!

LOL... MICE!!

The mice got away with a peanut butter snack as the traps didn't engage properly and snap their little necks. They got lucky last night but hopefully tonight I'll be the lucky one.

Pit bull? I think not. Mutts are the best and healthiest dogs. Back in the day would anyone even consider actually paying for a dog? My family never has.

Technically Monet made this a Las Vegas related thread.

This is Barney

This is me and my Precious practicing social distancing and getting some fresh air at the Lake Meade taken last week.

Name:  barney surfing goat 2.jpg
Views: 1797
Size:  155.2 KB

Pit bull? I think not. Mutts are the best and healthiest dogs. Back in the day would anyone even consider actually paying for a dog? My family never has.
    I don't agree with that. I've had mutts, a couple rescues, and now for the first time ever we have a purebred Shih Tzu. The others were either free or came at a nominal cost, while the Shih Tzu was almost $3000--or $300/pound. She is the best, healthiest and most intelligent dog I've ever seen. I love all dogs. It's their owners who create the mean ones.

Originally Posted by Barney View Post
    This is Barney

This is me and my Precious practicing social distancing and getting some fresh air at the Lake Meade taken last week.
    I thought I seen you out there!
    What do you do with that goat on cold winter nights??
    Baa Baa!

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    I don't agree with that. I've had mutts, a couple rescues, and now for the first time ever we have a purebred Shih Tzu. The others were either free or came at a nominal cost, while the Shih Tzu was almost $3000--or $300/pound. She is the best, healthiest and most intelligent dog I've ever seen. I love all dogs. It's their owners who create the mean ones.
    I think on average mixed dogs are generally healthier than many genetically isolated purebreds. As far as smart goes it seems to run better in certain breeds, Chia is a mix and by far the smartest and most hyper dog I've ever known. She's bull terrier and foster terrier (jack russell) mix. Sometimes she just sits or stands there vibrating and people think she's cold. We had collies back in the day (Lassie was big then) but never paid for one. Jack russells became popular from the Fraiser show but aren't great pets. Even worse was Disneys 101 Dalmatians They are really lousy as pets.

Shih Tzu's are cool but you gotta watch out they don't bite you right in the ankle.

It's nice to see Lake Mead is filled back up.

It's nice to see Lake Mead is filled back up.
    This is Barney

Yeah it was bitching last week

https://www.wsj.com/articles/a-conse...in-11583786913

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Good Call!
    They are some sort of Whippet Mix.
    Some Craigslist Ad claimed they were Pitbulls.
    I had just put a 25 cent bullet in our 14 year old Pitbull and wanted to get puppies in the house immediately.
    I am not the type who is going to pay someone to Euthanize my dog.
    I am not against anyone who takes that route but if anyone is going to put my dog down it will be by my own hand.
    Really nice dogs monet!
    Some years ago our rescue (shown in previous pics) developed an inoperable tumor and had to be put down. I thought about the method that you chose but decided, very quickly, that I just couldn't do it. I'm not sure what that says about me. She didn't seem to be in pain, just laid around not eating much. She stopped coming upstairs with us at night preferring to just stay on her downstairs bed. I slept on an air mattress next to her the last few nights. So, we made an appointment with the vet to come out and give her the shot. Already had her grave dug. It was scheduled on a Saturday after the vet got off work at noon. That morning was just brutal. It felt like she was on death row and we couldn't stop watching the clock. As the time neared she started acting better, feeling more active. I called the vet at about 11:55 and said we had reconsidered. We had her about another 10 days before she worsened and then we brought her in.

We started traveling fairly often afterwards so I didn't think it was conducive to getting another dog. It's times like these that we really miss her. She was the best dog I ever had.

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    Really nice dogs monet!
    Some years ago our rescue (shown in previous pics) developed an inoperable tumor and had to be put down. I thought about the method that you chose but decided, very quickly, that I just couldn't do it. I'm not sure what that says about me. She didn't seem to be in pain, just laid around not eating much. She stopped coming upstairs with us at night preferring to just stay on her downstairs bed. I slept on an air mattress next to her the last few nights. So, we made an appointment with the vet to come out and give her the shot. Already had her grave dug. It was scheduled on a Saturday after the vet got off work at noon. That morning was just brutal. It felt like she was on death row and we couldn't stop watching the clock. As the time neared she started acting better, feeling more active. I called the vet at about 11:55 and said we had reconsidered. We had her about another 10 days before she worsened and then we brought her in.

We started traveling fairly often afterwards so I didn't think it was conducive to getting another dog. It's times like these that we really miss her. She was the best dog I ever had.
    Thanks for Sharing!
    Your Dog looked Happy in those Pics you shared!
    I think it says you were too attached to the situation personally.
    Most likely in some state of shock mixed with depression.
    Fight or Flight I suppose and the easier way for you to deal with the situation was to go with the professionals.
    I don't think anything is wrong with that as it is the new normal or way that we have been conditioned.
    Personally, I believe it is about regulation and that, like everything else, is about money.
    No reason to dig up all the statistics but if you get bored look into it if you have interest.
    I was amazed to find out how many pets are in America.
    That doesn't even factor in the 35 million cats just roaming the streets.
    Anyways, I empathize with your experience.
    I can relate.
    For me I know when I get a pet that it is most likely going to die before me.
    I know that I might have to put it down.
    It doesn't always work like that though.
    I've had dogs die on me in their sleep.
    I had one choke to death on his food because someone let him free graze.
    I told that bitch you have to watch him eat and eat on a plate with a bowl in the middle of the plate upside down.
    American Eskimos are notorious for eating too fast and choking.
    I actually saved that bastard a year prior when I shoved my finger down his throat as his tongue was turning purple.
    Sorry for all the images but to me it is just life.
    I guess my point is that everything in this life is temporary.
    Most of us haven't accepted that fact and when trauma happens well things go sideways.
    Happens to us all in one fashion or another.
    I am not immune to paralyzing trauma from randomized tragic events.
    These things will change you as a person and they aren't easy to live with.
    In the end, all we can do is try to do the best we can.
    Last edited by monet; 04-16-2020 at 07:35 PM.

I missed these posts as it has been a week now... geesh!!

Great Video quahaug!!

Chi Chi is Super Strong!!

Just got back from Mt Charleston.
    51 to 65 degrees up there depending how high you were up in elevation.
    Snow was still all around near the ski resort.
    About 10 cars or so parked in the large meadow where wild horses graze.
    Today kids were sled riding as they tried to social distance.
    They closed all the camping sites but a few campers were camping at lower elevations.
    I took some pictures posted below of the trip up, back and during.

Interesting note when I stopped at Bank of America 2 out of 3 machines were empty.
    The last one gave me 1000 dollars in ten dollar bills.
    Probably because everyone got their stimulus unemployment bonus and some may have had their 1200 Trump Dollars.
    The point is that I was worried about this weeks ago.
    First everyone made a run on the grocery stores and I figure it is only a matter of time before everyone makes a run on the banks.
    I am not too worried just yet but it is something to plan ahead for if you have a bunch of liquid in a Checking or Savings Account.
    Just thought I would give you all a heads up if you think it is possible the banks could collapse.
    It would be hard to doubt that warning signs have been going off since 08 and now with the Chinese Virus it seems to be heightened.

Thread Information