Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: The Law of Diminishing Returns in Blackjack

  1. #21
    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    If you look at these two fields common sense should tell you they can not be combined.
    Gravity isn't even a force. Yet, there is no reason not to take gravity with quantum gravity.

    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    I know quite a bit about particle physics since my niece got her PhD from Stanford in particle physics and is currently working at CERN, the large particle accelator lab in Geneva, Switzerland.
    You sound a lot like Trump, the guy with a nuclear science family member. Trump plays four-dimensional "chess", you know.

    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    Since I have a pretty good background in physics, I was actually able to talk her out of some of the more ridiculous areas in particle physics, like “string theory”. And I showed her where Einstein made his mistakes so she doesn’t make the same ones.
    It's sounds like you picked out one of the leading theories that you heard of, and, are trying to "run" with it to discount even its opposing theories.

    Check out this site. See how far something like the above will get you there. It's easy to "run" with anything on a gambling site.

    https://physics.stackexchange.com/ <---------------------

    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    Here’s where I think you and I are different. You have rejected one model (the creation model) out of hand so you can’t be objective. I can be objective and open to all models. A person who believes in God can still believe in evolution (it’s called theistic evolution) or an old or young earth/universe. When I was an evolutionist, I still believed in God.
    I think that you should put more of your efforts into figuring something out. Less on how you view others. What comes to mind is that old cartoon about the hierarchy of intelligence. At the bottom were things like the concern over one's, and others' stations in life, and the gossipy stuff. Near the top of the list were things such as interest in new ideas.

    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    The reason I became a creationist is because all the data, all the evidence points to creation, and none to evolution. You have to have a lot of faith to believe in evolution and all these stupid unifing theorys, if that’s what you want to call them. It sounds like you have a lot of faith, but it’s just in the wrong things.
    Fair, enough, but I have no interest in the reason you became anything.

  2. #22
    Originally Posted by LMR View Post
    Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    Originally Posted by LMR View Post
    Maybe, God lives in the Twilight Zone.

    "The only thing that creationists agree on is that they don’t like evolution. Even Genesis gives two contradictory accounts of creation."
    Who are you quoting here?
    The link provided, just under those words. Again, here it is.

    https://www.newscientist.com/article...#ixzz6IrMChAOU
    I’m not clicking on your links. Pretty cheap throwing out someone’s meaningless opinion as if that strengthens your argument.

  3. #23
    Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    Originally Posted by LMR View Post
    Originally Posted by dannyj View Post

    Who are you quoting here?
    The link provided, just under those words. Again, here it is.

    https://www.newscientist.com/article...#ixzz6IrMChAOU
    I’m not clicking on your links. Pretty cheap throwing out someone’s meaningless opinion as if that strengthens your argument.
    I'm not going to make your case for you.

  4. #24
    Originally Posted by LMR View Post

    Gravity isn't even a force. Yet, there is no reason not to take gravity with quantum gravity.



    You sound a lot like Trump, the guy with a nuclear science family member. Trump plays four-dimensional "chess", you know.

    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    Since I have a pretty good background in physics, I was actually able to talk her out of some of the more ridiculous areas in particle physics, like “string theory”. And I showed her where Einstein made his mistakes so she doesn’t make the same ones.
    It's sounds like you picked out one of the leading theories that you heard of, and, are trying to "run" with it to discount even its opposing theories.

    Check out this site. See how far something like the above will get you there. It's easy to "run" with anything on a gambling site.

    https://physics.stackexchange.com/ <---------------------

    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    Here’s where I think you and I are different. You have rejected one model (the creation model) out of hand so you can’t be objective. I can be objective and open to all models. A person who believes in God can still believe in evolution (it’s called theistic evolution) or an old or young earth/universe. When I was an evolutionist, I still believed in God.
    I think that you should put more of your efforts into figuring something out. Less on how you view others. What comes to mind is that old cartoon about the hierarchy of intelligence. At the bottom were things like the concern over one's, and others' stations in life, and the gossipy stuff. Near the top of the list were things such as interest in new ideas.

    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    The reason I became a creationist is because all the data, all the evidence points to creation, and none to evolution. You have to have a lot of faith to believe in evolution and all these stupid unifing theorys, if that’s what you want to call them. It sounds like you have a lot of faith, but it’s just in the wrong things.
    Fair, enough, but I have no interest in the reason you became anything.
    Thanks for all your replies LMR. You pretty much made my point. A lot of ridicule with no substance. You’re reading from the playbook from the evolutionist, good job!

  5. #25
    Ha. It was fun, and didn't take long. Now go check out that professional physics site. Maybe, they will treat you better over there.

  6. #26
    Originally Posted by LMR View Post
    Ha. It was fun, and didn't take long. Now go check out that professional physics site. Maybe, they will treat you better over there.
    You’re the only one that hasn’t treated me well on this thread. Most the responses have been fairly positives, and at least one person asked good questions, wanting to learn.

    I can tell you have no desire to accept an alternative view to what you believe. That’s your call. I’ve met a lot of people like you, so I know where you’re coming from. Maybe one day you’ll decide to broaden your horizons and open your mind. You might be surprised what you learn.

  7. #27
    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post

    It’s the new goofball fad in physics


    it's good of you to use your superior wisdom to point a finger at these physicist goofballs
    some of these same goofballs got a spacecraft to within about 8,000 miles of Pluto more than 3 billion miles away from Earth

    imagine what people like you would have said to goofballs like this who were envisioning something like this 100 years ago

    thanks for sharing with us your superior intellect and exposing their idiocy:




    Name:  SMiz7to.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  38.3 KB


    https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/n...iew/index.html







    as impressive as this mission may be to some people it is nowhere near to being equal in intellectual brilliance to the genius of your words and insights
    Last edited by Half Smoke; 04-06-2020 at 02:58 PM.
    Of course what I'm saying is true. I saw it ON THE INTERNET.

  8. #28
    Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post
    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post

    It’s the new goofball fad in physics


    it's good of you to use your superior wisdom to point a finger at these physicist goofballs
    some of these same goofballs got a spacecraft to within about 8,000 miles of Pluto more than 3 billion miles away from Earth

    imagine what people like you would have said to goofballs like this who were envisioning something like that 100 years ago

    thanks for sharing with us your superior intellect and exposing their idiocy:




    Name:  SMiz7to.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  38.3 KB


    https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/n...iew/index.html
    Thanks Half Smoke for taking the time to somehow try to connect two unrelated concepts.

    All the theories that are trying to unify all the fields are basically in the goofball Twilight zone realm. To get these fields unified you’ve got to go into multi-dimensions outside of our four dimensions. Some of these theories get into a 40 dimension universe and sometimes many more. Nobody even knows what this means since we only operate in four dimensions, with time being the forth. This is Twilight zone stuff...not related to realty.

    What does that have anything to do with a spaceship getting close enough to Pluto and taking a picture? That sounds like something operating in our own reality space.

    Please, you need to help me out here and explain how you’re correlating these two together? Thanks!

  9. #29
    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post
    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post

    It’s the new goofball fad in physics


    it's good of you to use your superior wisdom to point a finger at these physicist goofballs
    some of these same goofballs got a spacecraft to within about 8,000 miles of Pluto more than 3 billion miles away from Earth

    imagine what people like you would have said to goofballs like this who were envisioning something like that 100 years ago

    thanks for sharing with us your superior intellect and exposing their idiocy:




    Name:  SMiz7to.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  38.3 KB


    https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/n...iew/index.html
    Thanks Half Smoke for taking the time to somehow try to connect two unrelated concepts.

    All the theories that are trying to unify all the fields are basically in the goofball Twilight zone realm. To get these fields unified you’ve got to go into multi-dimensions outside of our four dimensions. Some of these theories get into a 40 dimension universe and sometimes many more. Nobody even knows what this means since we only operate in four dimensions, with time being the forth. This is Twilight zone stuff...not related to realty.

    What does that have anything to do with a spaceship getting close enough to Pluto and taking a picture? That sounds like something operating in our own reality space.

    Please, you need to help me out here and explain how you’re correlating these two together? Thanks!


    one more time and I'm outta here - I have a very low threshold for pain and I'm very worried that if I continue this conversation I might have a cerebral hemorrhage



    IMAGINE WHAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WOULD HAVE SAID TO THE GOOFBALLS ENVISIONING THIS SPACE MISSION 100 YEARS AGO
    Of course what I'm saying is true. I saw it ON THE INTERNET.

  10. #30
    Originally Posted by LMR View Post
    Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    Originally Posted by LMR View Post
    The link provided, just under those words. Again, here it is.

    https://www.newscientist.com/article...#ixzz6IrMChAOU
    I’m not clicking on your links. Pretty cheap throwing out someone’s meaningless opinion as if that strengthens your argument.
    I'm not going to make your case for you.
    That’s great! Since credibility isn’t an issue for you, keep quoting those obscure opinions.

  11. #31
    Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post
    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    Originally Posted by Half Smoke View Post



    it's good of you to use your superior wisdom to point a finger at these physicist goofballs
    some of these same goofballs got a spacecraft to within about 8,000 miles of Pluto more than 3 billion miles away from Earth

    imagine what people like you would have said to goofballs like this who were envisioning something like that 100 years ago

    thanks for sharing with us your superior intellect and exposing their idiocy:




    Name:  SMiz7to.jpg
Views: 656
Size:  38.3 KB


    https://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/n...iew/index.html
    Thanks Half Smoke for taking the time to somehow try to connect two unrelated concepts.

    All the theories that are trying to unify all the fields are basically in the goofball Twilight zone realm. To get these fields unified you’ve got to go into multi-dimensions outside of our four dimensions. Some of these theories get into a 40 dimension universe and sometimes many more. Nobody even knows what this means since we only operate in four dimensions, with time being the forth. This is Twilight zone stuff...not related to realty.

    What does that have anything to do with a spaceship getting close enough to Pluto and taking a picture? That sounds like something operating in our own reality space.

    Please, you need to help me out here and explain how you’re correlating these two together? Thanks!


    one more time and I'm outta here - I have a very low threshold for pain and I'm very worried that if I continue this conversation I might have a cerebral hemorrhage



    IMAGINE WHAT PEOPLE LIKE YOU WOULD HAVE SAID TO THE GOOFBALLS ENVISIONING THIS SPACE MISSION 100 YEARS AGO
    You missed the point so I can see you aren’t getting it. I’ll try one more time with you, because I can see you’ve been trying.

    First off, I’m open to physicst trying to unify all the fields, but it’s got to fit reality. If the math does not fit reality, it’s meaningless. I’m also open to all the fields not being able to be unified, because they are different and not connect. I’m good either way. But if they’re connected, I need to see physical proof and not just a mathematical formula. If they exist, where are they?

    It’s the evolutionist that are trying to get you to believe in all these different dimensions. I’m fine with that but they need to show me some evidence for it. I can make up anything on paper or in my mind. That’s what’s going on here. This doesn’t make it reality.

    This is one reason Science took so long to be developed. It was based on an evolutionary framework, a Greek framework, which lead nowhere.

    The current framework that developed our scientific disciplines knows science has to be based on reality. Believing in things that don’t exist does not lead to good scientific discovery. If you want to believe in 56 dimensions in our universe go ahead. Tell me where it’s got you.

    I know you probably won’t get this. Why! Because you think a close up picture of Pluto (which everybody agrees exists) is the same as believing in 83 dimensions in the universe. This is a complicated subject so I don’t expect someone like you to understand it. Thanks for trying!

  12. #32
    Anybody actually read this?

  13. #33
    Originally Posted by LMR View Post
    Anybody actually read this?
    Maybe, maybe not. Who knows? There were quite a few clicks on it so at least some people scanned it, maybe?

    If no one read it, at least it gave me something to do today. Nothing much was going on with no one being able to go to work. I enjoyed it more than watching TV or reading a newspapers. And I got to find out that you don’t really have a clue.

  14. #34
    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    And I got to find out that you don’t really have a clue.
    No clue is good. Best to just know.

  15. #35
    Originally Posted by LMR View Post
    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    And I got to find out that you don’t really have a clue.
    No clue is good. Best to just know.
    That’s the problem. We will never “just know”. Both evolution and creation require an element of faith because neither one is in the realm of science. I’d contend that evolution requires a much larger element of faith then creation.

    Science can never answer the question of why we’re here, or how we got to be here. It can only answer the question of what is going on while we are here. Many people don’t understand this. I hope you’re getting it just a little.

  16. #36
    We can know how dumb all of your baloney is. Best to know at least this much.

    Name:  51wgNSS2OCL._AC_.jpg
Views: 4674
Size:  40.8 KB

  17. #37
    Originally Posted by LMR View Post
    We can know how dumb all of your baloney is. Best to know at least this much.

    Name:  51wgNSS2OCL._AC_.jpg
Views: 4674
Size:  40.8 KB
    So you are over here harrassing people in this thread too. LMR, you're a bum.
    Dan Druff is getting a PM per day from me until he offloads Onehitwonder aka LMR

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Fair use and copyright law
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 09-29-2017, 03:33 PM
  2. Celine returns Tuesday
    By LoneStarHorse in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 02-21-2016, 06:51 AM
  3. About the tax returns dispute
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 12-10-2015, 09:32 PM
  4. Technical Analysis and Gambling Returns
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 202
    Last Post: 11-28-2015, 10:16 AM
  5. Gambling and the Law® with Professor Rose
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 04-08-2015, 08:09 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •