Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: "I'm a Social Scientist"

"Here's my question, LMR -- does Navarro really believe what he's saying? That he's qualified to "have a second opinion" as a "PhD in social science?" I understand, maybe it's hubris and all that, but I find it hard to believe that he really believes that."

Here's the blunt truth. Does anyone really think REDIETZ is even the slightest bit qualified to be saying this nonsense? Does he REALLY believe what he is saying?? Or does it all curiously emanate from a hatred of Trump?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA2VqPvBnQ
    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    Thorp has no majic formula to predict the stock market. Only God can predict the future. And last I checked God has not been trading in the stock market.
    God hasn't been predicting the future, either.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Yes it is. But Nevada and a few other states are showing a legitimate shortage of ICU beds at the peak.

As a reference it’s a great site to use.
    I think and hope we are going to be ok here in Nevada. I think most people know that when you talk about Nevada, you are really talking Las Vegas, because of the 3 million people in Nevada, 2 million are in the Las Vegas area. Like most of the western Cities, we are a little bit spread out, not living on top of each other like the east coast cities. Also if there is any benefit and lessening of the virus with warmer weather we are already getting into warmer weather, earlier than other parts of the country, although you wouldn't know it by today which is a little cooler. We are going to be in the 80's by the end of the week.

looking at some of the data for various areas on this website, there are some encouraging signs that we all could be over the hump in a week or two. Not over the crisis completely but on the down slope. Then the only question is what happens if we try or start to open up again and get back to some sense of normalcy? But that bridge is still a little ways away.

Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    "Here's my question, LMR -- does Navarro really believe what he's saying? That he's qualified to "have a second opinion" as a "PhD in social science?" I understand, maybe it's hubris and all that, but I find it hard to believe that he really believes that."

Here's the blunt truth. Does anyone really think REDIETZ is even the slightest bit qualified to be saying this nonsense? Does he REALLY believe what he is saying?? Or does it all curiously emanate from a hatred of Trump?
    You can say whatever you want, on a gambling site. It doesn't matter that you give your real name. It doesn't matter that you want to talk about God, all the time. It doesn't matter even that you want to claim that Chloroquine is the "magic bullet". What matters is what you get out of it.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Yes it is. But Nevada and a few other states are showing a legitimate shortage of ICU beds at the peak.

As a reference it’s a great site to use.
    I think and hope we are going to be ok here in Nevada. I think most people know that when you talk about Nevada, you are really talking Las Vegas, because of the 3 million people in Nevada, 2 million are in the Las Vegas area. Like most of the western Cities, we are a little bit spread out, not living on top of each other like the east coast cities. Also if there is any benefit and lessening of the virus with warmer weather we are already getting into warmer weather, earlier than other parts of the country, although you wouldn't know it by today which is a little cooler. We are going to be in the 80's by the end of the week.

looking at some of the data for various areas on this website, there are some encouraging signs that we all could be over the hump in a week or two. Not over the crisis completely but on the down slope. Then the only question is what happens if we try or start to open up again and get back to some sense of normalcy? But that bridge is still a little ways away.
    Next to nothing in the Tahoe area, in both states. But there is a huge fight going on in Incline Village and SLT over people still renting Airbnb and coming from the CA cities. Locals don’t want them and Incline says they can’t stop owners from renting them.

We are seeing the same thing in parts of Eastern PA where NYers are coming and filling up hotels in the past week. It actually has lead to an issue where the state and the county are reporting different death figures. The county lists 6 dead and the state only lists 3 for the same county because 2 were from NY and 1 was from Connecticut.

Strange days indeed.

Originally Posted by LMR View Post

You can say whatever you want, on a gambling site. It doesn't matter that you give your real name. It doesn't matter that you want to talk about God, all the time. It doesn't matter even that you want to claim that Chloroquine is the "magic bullet". What matters is what you get out of it.
    LMR, you're just a stupid ass little punk bitch trolling this site. No one here has called hydroxychloroquine a magic bullet. Quit lying about it. The drug has shown some promise so it should be explored. People on their last leg have a right to try it. Wise up, dumass. Now go get your shine box.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

LMR, you're just a stupid ass little punk bitch trolling this site. No one here has called hydroxychloroquine a magic bullet. Quit lying about it. The drug has shown some promise so it should be explored. People on their last leg have a right to try it. Wise up, dumass. Now go get your shine box.
    https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...mp/2955430001/

Actually someone did call it a life saver. A Democrat at that from Detroit and gave she TRUMP credit for it.

LMR will consider her a foolish person who should just vote Dem and appreciate how much the party has done for her and her people over the years.

Posted elsewhere but I think it fits here better.

Too bad that all of those doctors and nurses that died couldn't have figured out what she had. Too bad there is still zero evidence that the drug has any good effect. Only evidence that it kills people. I'm waiting for the trials to show nothing, and, then, for the Trump lackeys to say the Dem's did it. Who knows, until the trials are done fully and properly.

Too bad that all of those doctors and nurses that died couldn't have figured out what she had. Too bad there is still zero evidence that the drug has any good effect. Only evidence that it kills people. I'm waiting for the trials to show nothing, and, then, for the Trump lackeys to say the Dem's did it. Who knows, until the trials are done fully and properly.
    Sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed today. Try getting up on the other side tomorrow. Lol

I think liberals just lead a miserable life, always being negative and finding something to complain about. I actually somewhat feel sorry for you.

Sounds like you got up on the wrong side of the bed today. Try getting up on the other side tomorrow. Lol

I think liberals just lead a miserable life, always being negative and finding something to complain about. I actually somewhat feel sorry for you.
    Sorry, I don't get all wound-up like Crimm, and Singer. Pleasant dreams, Bob.

LMR is a typical miserable liberal who has to try and draw everyone else into his doom and gloom life.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

LMR, best thing you can do is shoot yourself in the head. Get it over with. End your pain.

LMR, best thing you can do is shoot yourself in the head. Get it over with. End your pain.
    Looks like Bob21 wants in on the "magical mystery tour" to New Jonestown. He's qualified to be the librarian.

Looks like Bob21 wants in on the "magical mystery tour" to New Jonestown. He's qualified to be the librarian.
    Not a bad idea LMR. I hear land is cheap down there, and cost of living low. After you liberals get through destroying our economic with your over reaction to coronavirus, we’ll probably need an inexpensive place to live.

This is the first intelligent thing I’ve heard you say.

Trump fighting a war against an invisible enemy.

I don't know if you folks are reading the latest on the drug in question, but some doctors have said it may have bifurcated results (always wanted to use that word) in people with COVID-19. In other words, it may help people whose healthy immune systems overreact after the infection has been established, but it may really hurt people who have compromised immune systems because it suppresses them further. So it's all speculative, and you can't tell who may possibly benefit and who it might damage further unless you have an immune system profile. Some younger, healthy-looking people have low-end immune systems. Anyway, none of this is established at all, but it's being discussed.

If this does turn out to be the case, then the answer to "what have you got to lose?" becomes "your life." One of the suggestions has been to use the drug prophylactically, but if it suppresses immune systems, then you see the problems. A suppressed immune system would be the flip side of an increased virus dosage, which has been established as bad.

And no, I am not qualified to have a real opinion. I hang out with social scientists like Dr. Navarro.

Also, for Boz, I read a number of interviews with coroners, one was in Bucks County, who are frustrated because they can't assign COVID-19 as cause of death because tests for decedents are out right now. Different counties and states have different rules for cause-of-death reports. Some give the coroners leeway to label it. Some require a test to label it, which is the Catch-22 because tests aren't usually going for post-death testing. Anyway, I did see that the counties surrounding my home county (Schuylkill) are picking up quite a few deaths. Lancaster, Luzerne, and so on. A friend of mine who's retired picks up bodies for the funeral homes, sometimes going as far as Maryland and Delaware to bring them back home.

Actual mortality counts for this won't be established until a few years after the event, just like for the 1918 pandemic.
    Last edited by redietz; 04-07-2020 at 08:38 AM.

Trump fighting a war against an invisible enemy.
    Nope, just a senile old man. An old man who’s handlers are praying he never has to make a non taped appearance before the election. And is trying to avoid it at any cost.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    If this does turn out to be the case, then the answer to "what have you got to lose?" becomes "your life." One of the suggestions has been to use the drug prophylactically, but if it suppresses immune systems, then you see the problems. A suppressed immune system would be the flip side of an increased virus dosage, which has been established as bad.
    To clarify, when Trump said “what do you have to lose?”, he’s not talking about healthy people wanting to suppress the coronavirus. He’s talking about people on their deathbed. If they are on their way to death, then what do they have to lose by trying it? He’s just making it available; he’s not saying they have to use it. He said he would use it, if he was in that shape. I probably would too.

I mean if you’re going to die anyway, “what do you have to lose?” I think that’s a pretty good way of stating it.

That’s what you got to like about Trump. He says things that make commonsense, and the common folks understand. I get the elite liberal intellect crowd, which includes the mainstream media, have a hard time comprehending this.

I really like all Trump’s press conferences where he takes on the media and makes them look like idiots.

To clarify, when Trump said “what do you have to lose?”, he’s not talking about healthy people wanting to suppress the coronavirus. He’s talking about people on their deathbed. If they are on their way to death, then what do they have to lose by trying it? He’s just making it available; he’s not saying they have to use it. He said he would use it, if he was in that shape. I probably would too.

I mean if you’re going to die anyway, “what do you have to lose?” I think that’s a pretty good way of stating it.

That’s what you got to like about Trump. He says things that make commonsense, and the common folks understand. I get the elite liberal intellect crowd, which includes the mainstream media, have a hard time comprehending this.

I really like all Trump’s press conferences where he takes on the media and makes them look like idiots.

Bob21, I'm going to take issue with your clarification above. It's true that I personally interpreted what the president said the same way you did. Now I'll go back and check this again, but I listened to him saying this in two different presentations, and he does not make it clear that he's talking about "if you're in bad shape" or "if you look as if you're gonna die." He just does not say that. He says "What have you got to lose?" without qualifying remarks, which is a very dangerous thing to do. He also doesn't say anything like, "If you're healthy, don't take this prophylactically." He doesn't qualify what he's saying at all.

I thought it was very curious. He avoids explicitly stating "If you look as if you'll die," or "If you're on the ropes, you might consider this." The problems with not spelling that out are (1) literally a third to half of the country may become infected in the next year, so it's important to spell out "If you're in real bad shape," so the majority of people with minimal symptoms don't think they should be taking it, (2) if you don't spell it out, this is a drug that can be taken prophylactically, again this would be a problem, and (3) when he says "what have you got to lose?" it could be interpreted as "if you get this with symptoms, you're pretty much toast, so consider these drugs." But that is not the case.

I understand why he avoids explicitly saying, "If you are on track to die." It's a painful and not politically expedient thing to say. But he really needs to be explicit.

I tend to think that not much the president says in speeches is terribly accidental. I think that the avoidance of being explicit is in all likelihood very purposeful, especially since I think he used the same construction at least twice.

Now you and I interpreted it in the correct way. But really, if you go back and listen to what he said without our perspective, he's not being clear, and he needs to be, no matter that the words are painful.

Bob21, I'm going to take issue with your clarification above. It's true that I personally interpreted what the president said the same way you did. Now I'll go back and check this again, but I listened to him saying this in two different presentations, and he does not make it clear that he's talking about "if you're in bad shape" or "if you look as if you're gonna die." He just does not say that. He says "What have you got to lose?" without qualifying remarks, which is a very dangerous thing to do. He also doesn't say anything like, "If you're healthy, don't take this prophylactically." He doesn't qualify what he's saying at all.

I thought it was very curious. He avoids explicitly stating "If you look as if you'll die," or "If you're on the ropes, you might consider this." The problems with not spelling that out are (1) literally a third to half of the country may become infected in the next year, so it's important to spell out "If you're in real bad shape," so the majority of people with minimal symptoms don't think they should be taking it, (2) if you don't spell it out, this is a drug that can be taken prophylactically, again this would be a problem, and (3) when he says "what have you got to lose?" it could be interpreted as "if you get this with symptoms, you're pretty much toast, so consider these drugs." But that is not the case.

I understand why he avoids explicitly saying, "If you are on track to die." It's a painful and not politically expedient thing to say. But he really needs to be explicit.

I tend to think that not much the president says in speeches is terribly accidental. I think that the avoidance of being explicit is in all likelihood very purposeful, especially since I think he used the same construction at least twice.

Now you and I interpreted it in the correct way. But really, if you go back and listen to what he said without our perspective, he's not being clear, and he needs to be, no matter that the words are painful.
    People cant just go take the drug. You need a prescription. Trump is not a doctor. So any doctor prescribing it as a propylactic is doing it on his own, not by Trumps advice. You really need to nitpick the rhetoric of the libtards as much as you do the conservatives.

Thread Information