Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: LV Stay at Home is AK

My wife has been cooped up for over 3 weeks.
    She has this paranoia that you can't go outside.
    I took her and the uncle out to the desert yesterday to blow off some steam.
    We took some 45s, a pistol grip shotgun, the AK 47 and AK 74.
    I bought that HK 45 3 years ago and still have never fired it once lol.

I'd say 30 to 40 people around the area for the 4 hours we were out there.
    Some venturing in with 4 door sedans but most with Jeeps and Trucks.
    Of course nobody very close to each other as we have to social distance!
    I got the all the windows and windshield tinted right before the shutdown so that was nice.
    I took a video of both AKs and was surprised how they sound the same on the cell phone audio/video.
    I uploaded the videos as private but you should be able to see me try to target the small plastic container.
    I didn't do very good with the rapid fire but good enough for that range.
    Plenty of time for practice at the moment.
    You certainly can hear the difference in person as the AK 47 is much louder compared to the AK 74.
    The 47 needs some adjusting on the red dot sight but I may just take it off as I prefer iron sights.
    Nice to get outside and sit in the truck for an hour in the rain, get some sunshine and fresh air.
    I plan to take the dogs out near Lake Mead tomorrow and let them get into trouble.
    Feel free to share your own personal Stay at Home experience in this thread if you like.
    All snotty comments are welcome as this site is all about Troll
    Nothing like Staying at Home in Las Vegas, Nevada.
    One of the few places you can still go out and liter in the desert!!

Attached Images Attached Images       

Where's the wife?
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

Very nice Monet, I’m jealous.

Once I was out by the Seven Magic Mountains on the road the goes beside the 15 to Primm and saw people shooting along side the road. A huge benefit of the desert I assume. Are there certain designated areas or are you able to just use common sense on public lands?

Originally Posted by quahaug View Post
    Where's the wife?
    She was working the cell phone camera for me.
    Probably best to stay anonymous until she is Doxed by Redietz.
    I wish we had nice Chickens like you showed in the other thread.
    If this thing blows over I still might make it happen by getting a Farm.
    Most likely in Western Tennessee so I would be the neighbor of Redietz.
    At this time buying or selling a house is a logistical nightmare so that plan is suspended.
    I had a Realtor from Vegas contact me on this house I made an offer on in Feburary.
    I was going to give them 5k over asking price and gave into all their requests.
    They decided to wait and take the house off the market.
    Last week they were texting me that they wanted to sell now and I just gave the old LOL.

Obviously this area is near the 7 Magic Mountain Area as you can see the Las Vegas Blvd in the Mountain Picture.
    Yes that is actually the Las Vegas Blvd running alongside the I 15 near the SPEEDVEGAS.
    They have some of the area posted these days that you can not Trespass but that area where I turn in is designated for the Las Vegas Militia
    I like to drive a mile or two into the desert though as I want more privacy.
    This didn't work out so well yesterday as I had someone park too close to me in my opinion.
    I go out there to be alone.
    Next time I will try to drive in deeper over another ridge.
    One vehicle was flying up the gravel bed and went over that ridge.
    I didn't see what type of car but it wasn't a car and it wasn't a truck but the suspension must be floating or something cause it was doing 30 mph or faster lol.
    I was kinda impressed but I would think it would just cause more maintenance problems.

I may just drive out near Pahrump next time.
    The problem is the Hot Springs out that way must be closed which is the usual reason to drive out that way.
    I decided to confirm it and yes they are closed like everyone else.
    Serves them right as they have upped their prices in the last few years and decided to upgrade the private areas.
    Technically they are located in California so you know.
    Heading out that way is nice though as it is basically untouched desert.
    The South Nopah Range Wilderness.

https://www.delightshotspringsresort.com/en-us
    Last edited by monet; 04-08-2020 at 09:47 AM.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Where's the wife?
    At this time buying or selling a house is a logistical nightmare so that plan is suspended.
    I had a Realtor from Vegas contact me on this house I made an offer on in Feburary.
    Last week they were texting me that they wanted to sell now and I just gave the old LOL.

Obviously this area is near the 7 Magic Mountain Area as you can see the Las Vegas Blvd in the Mountain Picture.
    Yes that is actually the Las Vegas Blvd running alongside the I 15 near the SPEEDVEGAS.
    They have some of the area posted these days that you can not Trespass but that area where I turn in is designated for the Las Vegas Militia
    This didn't work out so well yesterday as I had someone park too close to me in my opinion.
    I didn't see what type of car but it wasn't a car and it wasn't a truck but the suspension must be floating or something cause it was doing 30 mph or faster lol.
    I was kinda impressed but I would think it would just cause more maintenance problems.

The problem is the Hot Springs out that way must be closed which is the usual reason to drive out that way.

Cost of living is low. No state income tax. Any land south of Nashville would be prime, but probably expensive. A lot of people have small farms with horses here in the eastern end. The middle of state between Nashville and Knoxville is low population, nice and quiet.

And Pulaski was the founding site of the KKK. Just thought I'd throw that in for tourist interest.

Oh yeah, some dude with a knife killed three people at a Pilot truck stop near Knoxville today. Nobody knows why yet. Like I said elsewhere, anybody sufficiently motivated....

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Where's the wife?

Cost of living is low. No state income tax. Any land south of Nashville would be prime, but probably expensive. A lot of people have small farms with horses here in the eastern end. The middle of state between Nashville and Knoxville is low population, nice and quiet.

And Pulaski was the founding site of the KKK. Just thought I'd throw that in for tourist interest.

Oh yeah, some dude with a knife killed three people at a Pilot truck stop near Knoxville today. Nobody knows why yet. Like I said elsewhere, anybody sufficiently motivated....
    Of course anybody sufficiently motivated can cause harm to someone else. That wasn’t what I was referring to in my previous post. What I was referring to is someone threatening other people with physical harm on forums? Personally, I see this is as unacceptable. Based on your previous post, it appears you see this as acceptable.

One of your last comments was “stifling yourself is not a bad habit to learn.” I took that to mean you don’t believe in freedom of speech or two people debating an issue. That’s kind of sad because our country was founded on freedom of speech.

Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post

Of course anybody sufficiently motivated can cause harm to someone else. That wasn’t what I was referring to in my previous post. What I was referring to is someone threatening other people with physical harm on forums? Personally, I see this is as unacceptable. Based on your previous post, it appears you see this as acceptable.

One of your last comments was “stifling yourself is not a bad habit to learn.” I took that to mean you don’t believe in freedom of speech or two people debating an issue. That’s kind of sad because our country was founded on freedom of speech.

If you have something to say, then say it. Don't hide behind a mask like a trick-or-treater. I mean, what you're saying is that you're scared to put your name to what you say. You don't see the irony in your position? You think you have "freedom of speech," but only so long as the "you" is a pseudonym. That's not freedom of speech. That's freedom of speech in China. That's freedom to be scared.

Buck up. Have a backbone. Use your freedom of speech.

lol... I told my wife, cause she is from Hong Kong, she might have a problem in Tennessee with the KKK!
    Of course she didn't understand what I was talking about.
    I did research the areas a bit.
    Some of the lowest Asian Population in the country.
    These days, the KKK doesn't seem too found of Asians as they are all considered Chinese I would figure.
    I constantly give my wife a hard time about Chinese this and Chinese that but she always states she is Hong Kong People.
    I actually had to ease up recently as it was finally taking a toll on her mental state.
    I suspect she is prejudice against the Chinese Government and Filipinos for some reason.
    Something about mean Filipinos that don't tip lol.

Anyways... she domesticated me long ago.
    I just spent 4 hours in the Kitchen Cleaning and Cooking.
    I must be turning into a FAG. (Stolen Quote from Charles Bukowski)
    Here is a picture of the Vegetable Soup I made with Sausage, Macaroni and Cannellini Beans.
    I made the Broth with Duck Wings this time... go figure.

Broth was made with

Duck Wings (Fry in the Stockpot with Butter to get some good color on them before adding water)
    1 Onion and Skin
    1 Bulb Garlic and Skin
    Fresh Rosemary, Thyme and Sage from my Flower Pots.
    Carrots
    Celery Stalks
    Salt
    Pepper

Bring to a boil and simmer for 1 hour or more if you like to reduce stock.
    Strain with Cheesecloth or Paper Towels.

Vegetable Broth was combined and made from 3 small Butternut Squash.
    Just chop up the Squash and Boil it for about 20 to 30 minutes until soft.

Now cut up a bunch of Carrots, Celery, Onions and One Cabbage Head.
    Use a good pat of butter and saute the carrots till caramelized.
    Add in the Celery and saute for a few minutes.
    Add in the Onion and do the same.
    Add in the Cabbage and brown it up too.
    Add in some stock and loosen all that browning.
    Add in Salt and Pepper to taste during each phase.
    Throw in some Garlic at the end and some Garlic Powder if you like.
    Now add in beans of your choice... canned if you have to.
    Simmer for 10 to 15 minutes

Boil half a pound or more of Macaroni and add it to the soup when softened.
    Make sure you salt your water heavily to the Macaroni so it is seasoned.

Brown up a pound or two of spicy sausage of your choice and add that in as well.

Combine and Enjoy or wait a day and let everything meld together for better flavor.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by monet; 04-08-2020 at 10:23 AM.

If you have something to say, then say it. Don't hide behind a mask like a trick-or-treater. I mean, what you're saying is that you're scared to put your name to what you say. You don't see the irony in your position? You think you have "freedom of speech," but only so long as the "you" is a pseudonym. That's not freedom of speech. That's freedom of speech in China. That's freedom to be scared.

So basically you’re saying nobody on any forum should ever be able to voice their opinions unless they reveal who they are? That isn’t the rules of this forum, and that is not the rules of most forums.

There are forums like that; maybe those are the ones you should join.

I’m playing by the rules of this forum. I’m sorry if you don’t like those rules. Why don’t you start your own forum and make up your own rules. It’s a free country, you’re allowed to do that.

America is not a Country.
    America is a Business.

America is not a Democracy.
    I didn't get to vote on the shutting down of businesses.
    I didn't vote on Government Bailouts.
    Did you get to vote on such matters?

Redietz, there is another very important reason most people want to stay Anonymous on the internet and that’s for safety. There’s a lot of crazys on the Internet that want to do physical harm to someone...for whatever reason (as you’ve just stated). It’s a lot harder for someone to track you down, if they don’t know who you are.

If you gave your name, address and serial number on the internet who knows who’d show up at your door to physically harm to you. Did you ever think that’s a reason people don’t want to reveal who they are on the Internet?

I understand to a degree what you’re saying. Yes, there’s some people that go over the line with their comments. When someone does that to me, I just ignore them.

I still think threatening physical harm to someone on the Internet goes over the line, and there’s no justification for this. On most forums, this results in banning.

Monet, great pictures of the weaponry and soup. thanks for posting.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Monet, great pictures of the weaponry and soup. thanks for posting.
    My Pleasure TablePal!! (see what I did there?)
    You think you could run security and get Redietz and Bob21 to take their personal feud elsewhere??
    I hate typing Redietz cause I always think the e comes first but I should remember that i always comes before e except after c!!
    I am highly offended that Redietz would insinuate that a WASP like myself would be interested in the birthplace of the Ku Klux Klan.
    I would think that it would be hard to join the Klan when you are married to a woman from Hong Kong.
    Just because I grew up in an age when stereotypical humor was all the rage don't make me a racist!
    I never seen anyone giving Mel Brooks a hard time.
    I do hate me some SJWs though... bastards killed comedy!!
    However, if anyone could point me to the direction of the Chauvinistic Birth Place or Hall of Fame I will concede to the fact that I am interested lol.
    Of course I don't think they call it Chauvinist anymore.
    I guess the kiddies use hip words now like Xenophobe or Misogynist.
    First time I heard the word Misogynist I asked them if it was time to turn over???

You think you could run security and get Redietz and Bob21 to take their personal feud elsewhere??
    Dan, please create a thread called "Redietz's and Bob21's Corner" where they can debate their differences indefinitely without all the noise from other VCT members interfering with their feud which seems to always occur in other threads.
    Thank you. Tableplay.
    BTW I saw this post in another forum and this person nails it (this same person posted that "Not eating has a mortality rate of 100%" in a later post):
    Name:  nails_the_lockdown_consequences_post.png
Views: 2730
Size:  58.3 KB

Doxxing ones self is a problem here for AP's. Yeah, sure, use your real name, tell the people off, show some guts. Then get your cards pulled in all the casinos by the assholes that lurk this site. But hey, you showed them. You told everyone off using your real name. Brilliant.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

So basically you’re saying nobody on any forum should ever be able to voice their opinions unless they reveal who they are? That isn’t the rules of this forum, and that is not the rules of most forums.

There are forums like that; maybe those are the ones you should join.

I’m playing by the rules of this forum. I’m sorry if you don’t like those rules. Why don’t you start your own forum and make up your own rules. It’s a free country, you’re allowed to do that.
    Bob21, in his own words, Redietz is "to the left of Karl Marx." And you know the marxists are big into identifying people.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Monet, that soup looks great.

Redietz, what the hell is wrong with you? Expecting members to doxx themselves, where the heck is your logic coming from?

Monet, love the gun pics. I really like your short barrel shotgun with pistol-grip. I have a mossberg 500a with a 20" barrel, but it has such a beautiful wood stock and fore-end that I don't have the heart to swap out the stock with a poly pistol grip. It definitely adds a lot more length than yours though unfortunately.

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    Monet, love the gun pics. I really like your short barrel shotgun with pistol-grip. I have a mossberg 500a with a 20" barrel, but it has such a beautiful wood stock and fore-end that I don't have the heart to swap out the stock with a poly pistol grip. It definitely adds a lot more length than yours though unfortunately.
    I hear you loud and clear.
    It certainly has been an ongoing debate for years now.
    Of course that pistol grip is a Mossberg 500 as well.
    Basic Stock or at least I never made any modifications to it.
    Personally it is one of the easier weapons to handle, very little recoil and has great versatility.
    20 Gauge so you have to listen to the 12 Gauge lovers call you Alice, Woman or a Little Girl.

Honestly though, I have Super X Rifled Slug Hollow Points for it and they will take down a Deer easily at 70 yards.
    Bird Shot is fine for home defense no matter what anyone says but I prefer Slugs.
    Buckshot is always good too.
    Some people like to load the first two with bird, next two with buck and the rest with Slugs.
    I am sure you have heard the jokes.

That pistol grip is nice though cause its so easy to handle, lighter and compact.
    You can rattle off 6 shots very quick but usually the racking will scare any living human.
    For home defense it would most likely be my first choice if I had to choose.
    Like I say though, it is effective at 50 yards easily with slugs.
    Very inexpensive ranging from 200 to 300 dollars and the barrel is 18.5 inches.

I will be going out with my M1A very soon so I will upload some pictures.
    My Leupold Mark AR Scope needs to be adjusted as it was off way to the left last time I fired it.
    Not that I wanted a scope but when I bought this Super Match M1A Model the previous owner already had it mounted.

The truth is I am very green with the M1A and am still trying to read up and learn how to get it sighted.
    Now that we have the lock down I have plenty of time and desire to get it right and learn.
    The main problem with this weapon is the weight... very heavy.
    Just lugging it around the countryside wears me out. (I'm old and out of shape)
    What am I going to do though as I always wanted an older style type of rifle like the M14/M1A.
    It has been sitting in my closet for the last few years begging for attention and it is about to get it as I just bought over 2000 rounds.
    Last edited by monet; 04-09-2020 at 02:16 PM.

Thread Information