Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: LV Stay at Home is AK

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    I think the best value AR-15 platform out there right now is by Springfield Armory.....the Saint Victor series

https://www.springfield-armory.com/s...-ar-15-rifles/

I liked it so much I bought a ST. Victor AR-10 as well.
    I bought my gun during the rush and bought an old school AR-10 used. If I'd had my pick of a pre-pandemic world I'd probably bought a new one but it is an actual Armalite. I almost bought a used ar-15 that is very similar to the ones on the above site with the M-Ok (sp?) hand rail/guard thing. $700.. was bought out from under me. It was a cheap Anderson arms gun but probably good enough. I'd like one more ar-15 and I think I'm done with guns for many years. Guns are easy to drop money into when you have nothing else to buy.. you buy the gun then another $500+ on good optics.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

I just spent about 4k for ammo online.
    I may have gone a bit overboard.
    Happens Sometimes.

I took a picture of my forearm where that empty shell bit me on Saturday.
    Not much pain except for that initial burn reaction so that's a plus.
    Turned darker red today so I guess that means its healing.
    Have to be a bit more careful in the prone position next time.

I also went crazy with buying some other things like a Gun Vise, Gun Sled, Rangefinder and Portable Shooting Bench.
    Should be fun to test all that stuff out in the next few weeks.
    My perfect Farm House (24 acres in Tennessee) for 345k got sold over the weekend so that was a bit of a bummer.
    They accepted a cash offer and I kinda regret not jumping all over it.
    I was hoping to wait them out a bit and get it for cash in the 330 range.
    It is really difficult making that big of a decision in such a quick manner.
    I mean I just dragged a 200 pound massage chair into my house and assembled it.
    Trying to get that out and into a Container Box, Uhaul Trailer or the bed of my Truck doesn't sound like a lot of fun.
    They told me to keep all the boxes but they are out of their minds.
    Those 3 boxes and Styrofoam would basically fill up my 1 car garage lol.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Last edited by monet; 08-25-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I just spent about 4k for ammo online.
    I may have gone a bit overboard.
    Happens Sometimes.

I took a picture of my forearm where that empty shell bit me on Saturday.
    Not much pain except for that initial burn reaction so that's a plus.
    Turned darker red today so I guess that means its healing.
    Have to be a bit more careful in the prone position next time.

I also went crazy with buying some other things like a Gun Vise, Gun Sled, Rangefinder and Portable Shooting Bench.
    Should be fun to test all that stuff out in the next few weeks.
    My perfect Farm House (24 acres in Tennessee) for 345k got sold over the weekend so that was a bit of a bummer.
    They accepted a cash offer and I kinda regret not jumping all over it.
    I was hoping to wait them out a bit and get it for cash in the 330 range.
    It is really difficult making that big of a decision in such a quick manner.
    Note sure about TN or specialty properties like a farm, but in many states the Real Estate market is on fire. Houses are getting multiple offers within a day of different types. Cash offers are getting preference and buyers are waving inspections and offering other concessions to be the one to get their offer accepted.

So the seller may turn down a higher offer, even over list, for one with no contingencies at the listing price or close to it. It’s a great time to be a seller, not so much for a buyer in many areas, others than low interest rates if you need financing.

I know it’s tough to make a quick decision, but that is what the market is right now. Personally we always want to feel we got a great deal, but in the end if we want the property what is a few thousand?

Good luck in your continued search!

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    Note sure about TN or specialty properties like a farm, but in many states the Real Estate market is on fire. Houses are getting multiple offers within a day of different types. Cash offers are getting preference and buyers are waving inspections and offering other concessions to be the one to get their offer accepted.

So the seller may turn down a higher offer, even over list, for one with no contingencies at the listing price or close to it. It’s a great time to be a seller, not so much for a buyer in many areas, others than low interest rates if you need financing.

I know it’s tough to make a quick decision, but that is what the market is right now. Personally we always want to feel we got a great deal, but in the end if we want the property what is a few thousand?

No, you are spot on in your assessment.
    They told me they haven't slowed down one bit in the Real Estate Market and I've seen the proof.
    They had another house that was amazing as well and priced to sell because the owner found a dream property out of state.
    They were only asking 270k for a 4000 square foot house built in 2011.
    The property came with 7.5 Acres out in the boonies and I loved it and the price.
    It would of cost me about 10 to 15 grand to clear 3 acres of trees if I wanted which I probably did want to.
    I just wanted to drive over and take a look.
    lol drive over means drive 1700 miles one way.
    The owners said they weren't taking anymore showings as they had 3 people in a bidding war.
    However, I could make an offer that would only be contingent on inspection.
    I couldn't bring myself to offer 280k or more without at least visiting the property.
    That house got scooped up that night.

The house that was 349k was all mine sort of.
    I offered 345k with the contingent plan of me visiting the property just to look it over.
    They countered with 347,500 and I blew my lid.
    I was pissed about them trying to squeeze me for 2500 dollars.
    So I told them I would wait 2 weeks and see what happened.

Well... the next night I hit my first 100k jackpot so that was a huge plus for me in the situation.
    My issue was that I found a progressive over 30k that is over a 1% winner so I wanted some time to hit that first.
    Of course in 2 weeks and 5 sessions of about 6000 hands per session I haven't been able to hit it.
    And so they ended up selling the house lol.

I find it difficult to make the jump after living in Vegas for almost 30 years.
    Not sure I could survive without the action.
    I might be ok for 6 months to a year but what am I going to do at 2 in the morning when everyone else is asleep??

You are correct about the interest rate.
    I was getting 2.3% interest rate from their local Credit Union.
    But not sure I was going to use it and if I did I was most likely going to pay it off within the year.
    I don't like having debt on my family.
    I noticed when we had 20k in revolving credit our score went from 815 to 770.
    Seems after I paid all the debt off it went back up to 815/816 in about 60 days after paying everything off.
    Interesting note for me because I didn't know this is that Mortgage Credit Scores are completely different than FICO.
    Last edited by monet; 08-25-2020 at 11:42 AM.

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post

No, you are spot on in your assessment.
    They told me they haven't slowed down one bit in the Real Estate Market and I've seen the proof.
    They had another house that was amazing as well and priced to sell because the owner found a dream property out of state.
    They were only asking 270k for a 4000 square foot house built in 2011.
    The property came with 7.5 Acres out in the boonies and I loved it and the price.
    It would of cost me about 10 to 15 grand to clear 3 acres of trees if I wanted which I probably did want to.
    I just wanted to drive over and take a look.
    lol drive over means drive 1700 miles one way.
    The owners said they weren't taking anymore showings as they had 3 people in a bidding war.
    However, I could make an offer that would only be contingent on inspection.
    I couldn't bring myself to offer 280k or more without at least visiting the property.
    That house got scooped up that night.

The house that was 349k was all mine sort of.
    I offered 345k with the contingent plan of me visiting the property just to look it over.
    They countered with 347,500 and I blew my lid.
    I was pissed about them trying to squeeze me for 2500 dollars.
    So I told them I would wait 2 weeks and see what happened.

Well... the next night I hit my first 100k jackpot so that was a huge plus for me in the situation.
    My issue was that I found a progressive over 30k that is over a 1% winner so I wanted some time to hit that first.
    Of course in 2 weeks and 5 sessions of about 6000 hands per session I haven't been able to hit it.
    And so they ended up selling the house lol.

I find it difficult to make the jump after living in Vegas for almost 30 years.
    Not sure I could survive without the action.
    I might be ok for 6 months to a year but what am I going to do at 2 in the morning when everyone else is asleep??

You are correct about the interest rate.
    I was getting 2.3% interest rate from their local Credit Union.
    But not sure I was going to use it and if I did I was most likely going to pay it off within the year.
    I don't like having debt on my family.
    I noticed when we had 20k in revolving credit our score went from 815 to 770.
    Seems after I paid all the debt off it went back up to 815/816 in about 60 days after paying everything off.
    Interesting note for me because I didn't know this is that Mortgage Credit Scores are completely different than FICO.
    I’m very familiar with what’s going on because I’m in the middle of a few transactions. I’m in the process of buying another home in Florida as a cash buyer with a settlement date late next month. It is a larger waterfront home and will be our primary residence. It was a tough negotiation, but we ended up with a price I can live with, but more than I wanted to pay because of a few things I need to do with it. Another similar property came on the market on a Friday while we were still negotiating and I wanted to see it before upping my offer to close the first deal. So we had our agent do an IPhone FaceTime walkthrough Saturday morning to compare. We liked the property but wanted to see it in person before committing that kind of money. We offered to fly down Sunday morning and be there to visit by noon. But the seller had what they considered a good offer and was unwilling to risk losing it waiting a day for us without a commitment to buy. It’s that crazy in places.

So anyways, I am happy with the one we bought and now will be going through the process of selling my PA home starting this week and then after getting settled in Florida, selling my condo down there. Both are going to be easy sells. I’m just glad to get out of PA and it’s high taxes. So I’ll be a FT Florida resident and still have the condo in Tahoe. Hopefully this is the end of dealing with Real Estate for at least a few years.

Headed out to the Desert yesterday around 430 AM.
    Noticed the wind and low visibility and checked the cell phone at the stop sign.
    Noticed all the windy icons at every hour and disregarded that warning, whatever it meant.
    After packing and loading up the truck I wasn't going to let a little wind bother me.
    Come to find out later that most of the day had a Hazardous Air Quality alert but Fuck that and Fuck Covid too!
    The problem came after firing off about 20 rounds in the prone position with the M1A.
    Had to hide under a blanket to keep the sand and dust off of me and had to hide inside my shirt a few times lol.
    Damn rifle and scope was covered in a layer of thin dust.
    I still didn't stop.
    I just moved my truck to block the wind and moved my position to get away from some of the open sand.

The day started off as I tried to figure out how to put the two new targets together.
    I was MFing this and that because they went together in 2 seconds and home but in the field they wouldn't work right.
    Figured out that the ground being uneven was the issue and I got them together.
    Forgot my shovel as I was going to bury them but I improvised with a bunch of heavy rocks.
    The day before I had shot them a bit and I spray painted them back to white and added a Slant Eyed Red Circle in the middle.

The good news was my first shot was low right center so that felt good if you subscribe to the one shot one kill mantra.
    I was out at about 250-260 yards according to my rough calculations.
    I shot about 80 to 100 rounds out of the M1A but was having a problem with the left bullet cycling from the magaiznes.
    Not sure if it was the sand/dust issue or something else.
    I just manually loaded each round for awhile.
    I hit the target(s) at about a 35%.

Later I moved up with the AK and fired of 90 rounds.
    Not too easy standing in that wind trying to hit the target and I found it very difficult to steady the red dot on the small targets at that distance.
    Hit about 15% on target.

Took some pictures after that of the two targets and I shot mostly at the right target.
    I took out the 45 and shot mostly at the left target from 15 to 20 yards and hit around 75 to 80%
    Had enough of the wind and air quality after about 3 hours or so.
    I didn't get to fire off the AK-74 which I also brought.
    I need to make a new friend with knowledge and experience to shoot with.
    I looked into some professional classes/training and they charge about 2 grand per.
    That seems excessive... best bet is probably to join some sort of shooting club but that gives up the solitude in the lonely desert.

I took some pictures of the targets and my first position.
    I also snapped a few pictures of the air quality.
    I read up a bit on that situation and turns out breathing in those conditions isn't very good for you but what is these days?
    The last two pictures are the Left Target before I started to shoot the 45 at it.
    You can see a difference in hits.
    I didn't shoot very much at that target with the rifles as I concentrated on the right only.
    Perhaps next time I will set up the Targets at 400 yards and 200 yards respectively which seems smarter.
    I was a bit lazy in that regard this time.
    The picture that I took from 250+ yards you can't even see the targets.
    I could barley see them with my aging eyes.
    At that range it would be impossible for me to shoot with iron sights.
    I'd say 150 yards is pushing it for me with the naked eye.
    I really like these targets though and since they are on sell I might as well buy a couple more.
    Just got in a portable shooting bench, gun sled and gun vise so time to open those boxes.
    As always... Praise the Lord and Pass the Ammunition!

I just welcomed these two homeless children into the fold.
    TriStar KRX Tactical Semiauto 12 Gauge Shotgun
    Ruger Precision Rifle 308 Bolt Action
    Hope to feed them well in the years to come.

I like that .308.....not sure about a mostly composite shotgun. I do like the fact that it's semi-auto though.

I like that .308.....not sure about a mostly composite shotgun. I do like the fact that it's semi-auto though.
    I don't like all that plastic either but the price was right and they threw in 2 ten round magazines with it.
    It also came with 2 standard 5 round mags.

Almost 2 years now I barely done anything but maybe clean a few weapons.
    It's time to get out there in the middle of the desert and do some plinking again.
    Perhaps even buy that 50 Cal I've been talking about.
    I've also wanted to get a grease gun or what you might call a tommy gun.
    And a few other weapons.
    You can never have enough.

After some discussion for 5 to 600 dollars it was a steal.
    It's basically the economy model compared to the professional model that will run you 4 grand.
    10 and 20 round clips for a Semi-Automatic Shotgun is the absolute nuts!
    I can't remember if I have 20 round or not, it might just be 10, so take that with a grain of salt... but you know what I mean.
    They were out of 04 or is it 004 buck shot last year and I gave up on it but I'm guessing I can get 1000 rounds or more now.

Not sure if I mentioned this before but it turns out that the glass for the M1 that the guy put on as I bought it used, was for a .223.
    Guess he couldn't afford the proper scope for this weapon.
    And it turns out that it's a very bad idea to have this weapon scoped because of the recoil constantly knocking it out of sight.
    So I guess I'll take all that off and learn how to use the iron sights like you are supposed to.
    Supposedly that is how you are supposed to use this weapon and I guess that is optimal up to 500 yards but I'm not sure my eyes are that good lol.
    Good Information to finally learn.
    I can always buy another rifle that is supposed to be scoped instead.
    No way in HE double hockey sticks am I getting rid of this weapon though.
    The nostalgia alone is worth the money.
    From my understanding it is probably worth 2800 to 3000 as it is all National Match but I got suckered and paid 4000 dollars way back when.
    Sometimes I get over on them and sometimes they get over on me.
    Life.
    Fun.

Almost 2 years now I barely done anything but maybe clean a few weapons.
    It's time to get out there in the middle of the desert and do some plinking again.
    Perhaps even buy that 50 Cal I've been talking about.
    I've also wanted to get a grease gun or what you might call a tommy gun.
    And a few other weapons.
    You can never have enough.
    Monet, if you see the UFOs again and they stay in the sky long enough maybe you can get some photos of them if you feel up for it and find it to be not to distracting in terms of your main activity of desert plinking - who knows what they were, but it is an interesting story.

I have nothing against gunes, in fact I own a few pistols and shoot fairly often.

But I don't hunt, and that leads to the question I ask my son (a gun-lovin' Trumpie): "Why do you own assault weapons?"

He doesn't hunt, but he enjoys plinking; he says he has the AR's for protection of his home.

He lives in the suburbs of Portland: I do not see the Walking Dead swarming his casa nor can I foresee any scenario wherein he'd ever be under attack, and his 9MM Glock pistol should do just fine if some idiot tries to break into his home.

So, why the AR if you have a pistol and don't hunt?
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I have nothing against gunes, in fact I own a few pistols and shoot fairly often.

But I don't hunt, and that leads to the question I ask my son (a gun-lovin' Trumpie): "Why do you own assault weapons?"

He doesn't hunt, but he enjoys plinking; he says he has the AR's for protection of his home.

He lives in the suburbs of Portland: I do not see the Walking Dead swarming his casa nor can I foresee any scenario wherein he'd ever be under attack, and his 9MM Glock pistol should do just fine if some idiot tries to break into his home.

So, why the AR if you have a pistol and don't hunt?
    I don't own any ARs so I could not answer your Stupid Fucking question... Fag!

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Monet, if you see the UFOs again and they stay in the sky long enough maybe you can get some photos of them if you feel up for it and find it to be not to distracting in terms of your main activity of desert plinking - who knows what they were, but it is an interesting story.
    Not that I am scared or worried but I haven't gone camping or to the desert since.
    Part of it is because I'm busy.
    Part of it is because my uncle isn't walking so good anymore.
    I wasn't going to get into this but the other day he collapsed in the shower.
    Thankfully, I was very close to him helping him with a towel as this is what I do now when he showers.
    Anyways, he suffers from a mental disorder and on rare occasions he has a seizure.
    The last one was about 5 years ago and he was flopping around like a fish out of water shitting on my floor lol.
    I thought he was dying.
    He pulled through it.
    So this time I thought he was dying again.
    I figured it was a heart attack or stroke or something like.
    Turns out we think it was another seizure.
    Funny because as I was going through this ordeal I started to get dizzy and had to lie down for a few minutes after I got him out of the shower and into his bed for a short rest.
    I guess the stress of the situation got to me physically without me even knowing.
    I didn't feel stressed so I guess it was something I couldn't control.
    Would be pretty funny if we both had a heart attack back to back.
    I've heard that is actually a common thing to occur.
    Anyways... I'm not looking for anyone to sympathize or say sorry to me like you all did Alan or other people.
    I hate that shit and I hate when anyone tells me good luck.
    I'm just typing this to get it out of my system and I know you enjoy all these real life stories I tell.

Anyways, my point was that he can't handle walking out to the desert to go camping and such.
    That's why I haven't used the Wall Tent.
    I'm not the first person to see these orbs and lights moving 20,000 feet in a second.
    That shit has been well documented for years and reports have become more and more common.
    I found someone online who lives out here who said they seen that same shit years ago near Nellis Air Force Base.
    Kind of common occurrence from my understanding.
    I would never be able to get photos or video of them.
    I don't even like cell phones.
    I still use an iphone-5 because I don't need a phone.
    I'm not the type to buy equipment and go hunting for this shit.
    If they are going to invade so be it.
    Personally, I think it is Angels, Demons or Souls leaving Earth at a rapid rate and because someone dies every second or two you have a shitload of activity these days.
    Anyways, thanks for the comment.
    I'll keep you posted if I ever see anything like that again.

I don't own any ARs so I could not answer your Stupid Fucking question... Fag!
    I wasn't asking you, shit for brains: the question was rhetorical.
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I wasn't asking you, shit for brains: the question was rhetorical.
    Yeah, well GO FUCK YOURSELF because you are not contributing to this thread but you are still welcome to come in here and shit all over it at anytime because I believe in Free Speech and All Speech.
    Now go beat off to one of your muscle cars.
    Or play with one of your dead frogs.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Not that I am scared or worried but I haven't gone camping or to the desert since.
    Part of it is because I'm busy.
    Part of it is because my uncle isn't walking so good anymore.
    I wasn't going to get into this but the other day he collapsed in the shower.
    Thankfully, I was very close to him helping him with a towel as this is what I do now when he showers.
    Anyways, he suffers from a mental disorder and on rare occasions he has a seizure.
    The last one was about 5 years ago and he was flopping around like a fish out of water shitting on my floor lol.
    I thought he was dying.
    He pulled through it.
    So this time I thought he was dying again.
    I figured it was a heart attack or stroke or something like.
    Turns out we think it was another seizure.
    Funny because as I was going through this ordeal I started to get dizzy and had to lie down for a few minutes after I got him out of the shower and into his bed for a short rest.
    I guess the stress of the situation got to me physically without me even knowing.
    I didn't feel stressed so I guess it was something I couldn't control.
    Would be pretty funny if we both had a heart attack back to back.
    I've heard that is actually a common thing to occur.
    Anyways... I'm not looking for anyone to sympathize or say sorry to me like you all did Alan or other people.
    I hate that shit and I hate when anyone tells me good luck.
    I'm just typing this to get it out of my system and I know you enjoy all these real life stories I tell.

Anyways, my point was that he can't handle walking out to the desert to go camping and such.
    That's why I haven't used the Wall Tent.
    I'm not the first person to see these orbs and lights moving 20,000 feet in a second.
    That shit has been well documented for years and reports have become more and more common.
    I found someone online who lives out here who said they seen that same shit years ago near Nellis Air Force Base.
    Kind of common occurrence from my understanding.
    I would never be able to get photos or video of them.
    I don't even like cell phones.
    I still use an iphone-5 because I don't need a phone.
    I'm not the type to buy equipment and go hunting for this shit.
    If they are going to invade so be it.
    Personally, I think it is Angels, Demons or Souls leaving Earth at a rapid rate and because someone dies every second or two you have a shitload of activity these days.
    Anyways, thanks for the comment.
    I'll keep you posted if I ever see anything like that again.
    Ok thanks Monet. I'm glad to hear your uncle just had a seizure since that is a lot better than a stroke or heart attack. Since you recently bowled and such without any problems it sounds like you were just stressed out when you were dizzy (as any of us would be if a family member had a sudden unknown health issue) and went to lie down rather than something serious. When the Grim Reaper comes for me to take me down the river, I could care less; however I would prefer that it not be painful - but whatever, it will be what it will be, LOL.

Thread Information