Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: LV Stay at Home is AK

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    Now go beat off to one of your muscle cars.
    I own no "muscle cars" and haven't since the eighties.

I do sort of miss my '68 Camaro RS and '70 Challenger R/T, but that was then, this is now.

I sold the Ferrari two years ago: I guess it was sort of a "gentleman's muscle car."

The hottest rig we have now is my wife's '21 Mazda CX-5 Turbo; I am a Volvo man.

If you call my basically stock '82 Volvo 244 turbo and my basically stock '86 Volvo 744 turbo "muscle cars" I can only wonder what you drive; a Yugo, perhaps?
    What, Me Worry?

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Ok thanks Monet. I'm glad to hear your uncle just had a seizure since that is a lot better than a stroke or heart attack. Since you recently bowled and such without any problems it sounds like you were just stressed out when you were dizzy (as any of us would be if a family member had a sudden unknown health issue) and went to lie down rather than something serious. When the Grim Reaper comes for me to take me down the river, I could care less; however I would prefer that it not be painful - but whatever, it will be what it will be, LOL.
    No worries.
    Like I say we all got to experience death.
    No way around it.
    I always say that even Jesus went through the most excruciating type of death so none of us are going to get out of it.
    My uncle is 68 now and smokes 3 to 4 packs a day.
    Drinks Coke like its water.
    Doesn't really eat healthy.
    Loves 3 musketeer bars.
    So he is crushing the odds right now.
    I figure I am at a very high chance of having to watch him die.
    I got to escape it so far with the rest of my family as they all died when I wasn't close by.
    I'm due.
    My blood pressure probably sky rocketed on me at a very high rate causing the anxiety feeling along with sweats and dizziness.
    I was cussing out my wife because I told her to bring Uncle up some cool water to drink while I waited for him to recover and stand up.
    She mixed hot water from our machine with room temp water and it was above warm.
    She thought that would be better for him.
    I didn't, so the yelling resumed and she got cooler water.
    What can I say... Panic lol.
    Don't Panic!

Ok thanks Monet. I'm glad to hear your uncle just had a seizure since that is a lot better than a stroke or heart attack. Since you recently bowled and such without any problems it sounds like you were just stressed out when you were dizzy (as any of us would be if a family member had a sudden unknown health issue) and went to lie down rather than something serious. When the Grim Reaper comes for me to take me down the river, I could care less; however I would prefer that it not be painful - but whatever, it will be what it will be, LOL.
    No worries.
    No way around it.
    I always say that even Jesus went through the most excruciating type of death so none of us are going to get out of it.
    Loves 3 musketeer bars.
    I got to escape it so far with the rest of my family as they all died when I wasn't close by.
    I'm due.
    My blood pressure probably sky rocketed on me at a very high rate causing the anxiety feeling along with sweats and dizziness.
    I was cussing out my wife because I told her to bring Uncle up some cool water to drink while I waited for him to recover and stand up.
    She mixed hot water from our machine with room temp water and it was above warm.
    Don't Panic!

Nice choice of words there.

https://www.etymonline.com/word/excruciate

No worries.
    No way around it.
    Loves 3 musketeer bars.
    I'm due.
    Don't Panic!
    Yes it could have just been an anxiety attack (adrenaline) due to the urgent and sudden circumstance -evolution kicks in so it's hard to suppress. A psychopath, such as the one which was successfully (IMHO) depicted by Javier Bardem (playing the character Chigurh) in No Country for Old Men, or cult movie legend Peter Stormare (Gaear Grimsrud) in Fargo doesn't have that sort of problem like the rest of us but that seems like a bad trade off to me.

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    I have nothing against gunes, in fact I own a few pistols and shoot fairly often.

But I don't hunt, and that leads to the question I ask my son (a gun-lovin' Trumpie): "Why do you own assault weapons?"

He doesn't hunt, but he enjoys plinking; he says he has the AR's for protection of his home.

He lives in the suburbs of Portland: I do not see the Walking Dead swarming his casa nor can I foresee any scenario wherein he'd ever be under attack, and his 9MM Glock pistol should do just fine if some idiot tries to break into his home.

So, why the AR if you have a pistol and don't hunt?
    The question should be... 'If you have 2 AR-15s, 1 high capacity semi-auto 12 gauge, 1 AK, 1 AR-10 and one VEPR 308, then why do you need a Tavor x95?'

Name:  xb16_51826.jpg
Views: 450
Size:  19.7 KB

Well, a bull-pup lets me engage from the safety of my car with the accuracy and distance of a rifle.
    It is official. Redietz will never be on Dan Druff's podcast. "too much integrity"

Originally Posted by MisterV View Post
    He lives in the suburbs of Portland: I do not see the Walking Dead swarming his casa nor can I foresee any scenario wherein he'd ever be under attack
    Portland is a hotbed of Antifa.

Thread Information