Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Thank You Wisconsin Voters

Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Bob, let me tell you a little story. It has been many years since I voted in person as I now always vote by absentee ballot. However, the last time I voted in person, the poll worker asked if I had an ID. I asked if it was required to vote. She said no so I didn't show it to her. Hell, they check your signature against your voter registration card. What more do you need. Just more dirty tricks by GOP to suppress the will of the people.
    https://www.michigan.gov/sos/0,4670,...2520--,00.html
    Bob, you got the story wrong. They did ask for my ID. I didn't want to show it if I didn't have to. It wasn't an absolute requirement to vote so I never bothered to dig it out.

Hey MWP, I'm a little bored today so I went back and analyzed your statements again, because as you said, I got it wrong the first time. I can tell this was a very traumatic time in your life, so I'd like to understand it better. It appears this incident pretty much led you to becoming a lifelong Democrat. You said you had voted for a couple Republicans, but I expect this was probably before you had this traumatic experience at the voting station.

So let me get this straight, all this poll worker did is ask you for ID, and you said no, and then you asked her if it was required to vote. She then replied "no", so you didn't show it to her. Good man, I'm glad you have some principles. Lol. She then let you in to vote. Is that the sum total of your traumatic experience at the voting place?

You then added in your post: "Just more dirty tricks by GOP to suppress the will of the people." What am I missing here? You said she let you in to vote. You said she told you, you didn't need to show ID. So how is this "suppressing" your vote? Although in this case, I wouldn't have minded if she had tried to suppress your vote, since I think your vote is one worth trying to suppress. Lol

I'm still struggling to understand what she did wrong in this encounter. Was the act of her asking you for your ID wrong? I'd expect this is what any poll worker would do. And I think most people would have shown their ID, if they had it on them.

Are you leaving anything out of this story? She didn't intimidate you, did she? She didn't threaten you, did she? She didn't take you out back and beat you up or anything like that, did she? In my book, if she had done that, now I'd have called that "suppressing" the vote. But in my book asking someone for ID is not suppressing anybody's vote.

Again, is this the main reason you're a Democrat today? If it is, this is as good a reason as I've ever seen for never voting for a Democrat again. You're an example of a typical Democrat. No substance, and all emotion. Hope you didn't call the poll working a name. I know Democrats are big on name calling.
    Last edited by Bob21; 04-16-2020 at 03:21 PM.

Bob, he must have really been set off in 84. Being on the wrong side of the largest presidential landslide since FDR. Maybe he lived in Minnesota at the time.

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    Bob, he must have really been set off in 84. Being on the wrong side of the largest presidential landslide since FDR. Maybe he lived in Minnesota at the time.
    Yeah, maybe. But he also could be one of those Democrats who only cares about some wacko social issue. I sure hope he isn't one of those closet Democrats who likes to wear dresses so he can get into the women's restrooms. MWP, you need to help me out here, what is your main reason for voting Democrat? I'm through speculating.

Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    Yeah, maybe. But he also could be one of those Democrats who only cares about some wacko social issue. I sure hope he isn't one of those closet Democrats who likes to wear dresses so he can get into the women's restrooms. MWP, you need to help me out here, what is your main reason for voting Democrat? I'm through speculating.
    Well I’ll give him credit for getting it right in Reagan’s 1st term. He must have reached his limit with the record misery index under Jimmy Carter. But then I have to take the credit back for throwing in with Mondale in 84. Talk about being on the wrong side of history. I’m sure ole Gorby would have torn down the wall for Mondale et al. LOL

Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    Well I’ll give him credit for getting it right in Reagan’s 1st term. He must have reached his limit with the record misery index under Jimmy Carter. But then I have to take the credit back for throwing in with Mondale in 84. Talk about being on the wrong side of history. I’m sure ole Gorby would have torn down the wall for Mondale et al. LOL
    Yeah, most the time I give MWP a pass, but the more I read the title of this thread, the more I figured I'd at least call him out on it this time. I mean what else do I have to do since I'm in lockdown mode.

This is what he's famous for, throwing out a hand grenade and then running. He knows exactly what he's doing. There are a bunch of conservative Republicans on this forum so he wants to stir us up like a hornet nest. Then he sits back, laughs and watches the chaos he thinks he created.

I've found MWV only has one playbook and he pretty much uses the same lines again and again. Look at his first post in this thread. He used the line: "The dirty tricks the GOP used to put your lives at risk."

What does that even mean? I'm sure he knows it's garbage, but he's like a high school kid who throws a firecracker into a crowd and then runs away, laughing.

Then further down in this thread he tosses out this gem: "Just more dirty tricks by GOP to suppress the will of the people."

Again, he knows this is another garbage line, but he wanted to see what kind of response it would get. You can see the pattern, first MWV "stirs the pot" and then he runs away. Very rarely will you see him respond to a poster when they confront him with one of his idiotic posts.

In the future, look for these two keys words with MWV. He usually uses "dirty tricks" and "GOP" when he throws out his hand grenade.

Now that I've pointed this out, I wonder if MWV will mix it up a little more and come up with some new Democrat buzz words to try to "stir the pot".

Thread Information