In another thread I wrote about how the Caesars Entertainment properties are now giving players a choice -- free play or the same dollar amount in a gift card to a store, company, etc.

An example: Take $200 of Free Play or a $200 gift card to Macy's?

If you had to choose between free play or a gift card to a store where you do shop (it makes little sense taking a gift card to a store where you don't shop), at what dollar value do you take the free play and at what dollar value do you take the gift card?

Again, back to my example:

Given a choice between a $200 gift card to Macy's or $200 of free play, I would take the gift card. Why? Because there is not enough "free play" to give me a chance to get more in winnings than what the pat $200 gift card gives me.

But---

Given a choice between a $10,000 gift card or $10,000 of free play, I would take the free play. Why? Well, first of all I don't think I could spend $10,000 on anything except the down payment on a new car or a Rolex and Macy's carries neither. But more importantly, the $10,000 of free play gives me a chance to hit something big at video poker that might actually put more than $10,000 in my pocket.

What would you do?