Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 37 of 37

Thread: Protect your family from eating Chinese made food.

  1. #21
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    it actually reduces Chinese purchasing power).
    So having physical-asset backed currency (real-estate) weakens the currency ?
    Currency manipulation of the sort often attributed to China is a deliberate attempt to weaken the currency relative to the currency of an economic competitor.

    What you were describing is not currency manipulation.

  2. #22
    Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    it actually reduces Chinese purchasing power).
    So having physical-asset backed currency (real-estate) weakens the currency ?
    Currency manipulation of the sort often attributed to China is a deliberate attempt to weaken the currency relative to the currency of an economic competitor.

    What you were describing is not currency manipulation.
    So increasing the amount of physicaly-asset-backed currency (real-estate) weakens the currency then right ? It's a yes or no question.

  3. #23
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post

    So having physical-asset backed currency (real-estate) weakens the currency ?
    Currency manipulation of the sort often attributed to China is a deliberate attempt to weaken the currency relative to the currency of an economic competitor.

    What you were describing is not currency manipulation.
    So increasing the amount of physicaly-asset-backed currency (real-estate) weakens the currency then right ? It's a yes or no question.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about but any purchase of dollar-denominated assets with Chinese currency should weaken the latter with respect to the former.

  4. #24
    A lot of Americans have been eating Chinese food that they didn't know was Chinese food. This is the kind of companies China owns in the U.S.

    https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrW...zocr313yVaqCI-
    DOJ needs to introduce ANTIFA to RICO

  5. #25
    Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post

    Currency manipulation of the sort often attributed to China is a deliberate attempt to weaken the currency relative to the currency of an economic competitor.

    What you were describing is not currency manipulation.
    So increasing the amount of physicaly-asset-backed currency (real-estate) weakens the currency then right ? It's a yes or no question.
    I'm not sure what you're talking about but any purchase of dollar-denominated assets with Chinese currency should weaken the latter with respect to the former.
    So if a Chinese citizen buys dollar-denominated gold bars with Renminbi (by exchanging it with dollars and then making the gold purchase) it weakens the Renminbi I guess. A house is a different asset than gold but the same thing should apply. Having a gold-backed currency strengthens it - and so it is with any other physical assets like real estate.

  6. #26
    You would just buy the dollars and hoard them if you wanted to weaken your currency, as far as I know. (Or maybe T-bills or something like that, I don't know.)

    Your transaction costs would be much lower and dollars will always be more liquid with respect to a given currency (for when you want your money back) than assets that have to be converted to dollars.

  7. #27
    Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    You would just buy the dollars and hoard them if you wanted to weaken your currency, as far as I know. (Or maybe T-bills or something like that, I don't know.)

    Your transaction costs would be much lower and dollars will always be more liquid with respect to a given currency (for when you want your money back) than assets that have to be converted to dollars.
    But if your goal was to buy up a nation's physical assets so that you own that country (the original premise - not the currency manipulation strawman you inserted into the conversation), then you could give your citizenry fiat (paper with ink on it) and then have them purchase the physical assets (like real estate) of that country. On the other topic (the strawman), if you back a currency up with a physical asset, whether it's gold,silver.real estate, oil etc. you strengthen the currency.

  8. #28
    Is there any way from the number code to separate between US and Canada?

  9. #29
    Currency manipulation was not a strawman but my attempt to make sense of your fixation on China printing money, which remains mysterious to me.

    Buying assets with a currency is not the same as backing the currency with them. Neither US nor Chinese currency is asset backed.

    If China wants to buy American assets they can do so as far as US law allows. Farther than that they can do it illegally through proxies (although as I understand it countries like China and Russia do this in an ambiguous way that is not necessarily illegal).

    Either way printing money has nothing in particular to do with this. The Chinese government has undoubtedly a vast budget to work with because China is a very wealthy country that has taxes. Printing money is no more or less essential to their revenue than it is for any other country as far as I know.

  10. #30
    Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Currency manipulation was not a strawman but my attempt to make sense of your fixation on China printing money, which remains mysterious to me.

    Buying assets with a currency is not the same as backing the currency with them. Neither US nor Chinese currency is asset backed.

    If China wants to buy American assets they can do so as far as US law allows. Farther than that they can do it illegally through proxies (although as I understand it countries like China and Russia do this in an ambiguous way that is not necessarily illegal).

    Either way printing money has nothing in particular to do with this. The Chinese government has undoubtedly a vast budget to work with because China is a very wealthy country that has taxes. Printing money is no more or less essential to their revenue than it is for any other country as far as I know.
    When physical assets are purchased with printed fiat handed to (not worked for or earned) its citizenry for the purpose of owning another country then it's a pretty good gig. I apologize for saying that US currency is asset backed. Oh wait, I never wrote that. If your money supply is converted to physical assets, you are effectively hedging against inflation which is also the primary purpose of backing a currency with a physical asset - so effectively, they are backing it up with physical assets. Regardless of how strong the Chinese economy is, I was writing about the process of taking unearned money and converting it to physical assets.

  11. #31
    First of all governments do not normally fund their expenditures through printing money AFAIK. If they did there would be rapid annual inflation in countries like the US where the federal budget is 21% of GDP (per google).

    But second even if they did...why would this not be "worked for or earned" any more than any other method of government funding?

    Or if you think all purchases of assets by governments are bad for some reason, why single China out?

    As I said earlier I think you are conflating the issue of a rival country making strategic purchases of US assets with some obscure notion that purchases by sovereign governments are cheating because they can print money. The former is a legitimate national security concern, the latter is just voodoo as far as I can tell.

  12. #32
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    A lot of Americans have been eating Chinese food that they didn't know was Chinese food. This is the kind of companies China owns in the U.S.

    https://r.search.yahoo.com/_ylt=AwrW...zocr313yVaqCI-
    BTW, Smithfield Foods, owned by the Chi-Comms is a 5 billion dollar company. And they own plenty more.
    DOJ needs to introduce ANTIFA to RICO

  13. #33
    Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    First of all governments do not normally fund their expenditures through printing money AFAIK. If they did there would be rapid annual inflation in countries like the US where the federal budget is 21% of GDP (per google).

    But second even if they did...why would this not be "worked for or earned" any more than any other method of government funding?

    Or if you think all purchases of assets by governments are bad for some reason, why single China out?

    As I said earlier I think you are conflating the issue of a rival country making strategic purchases of US assets with some obscure notion that purchases by sovereign governments are cheating because they can print money. The former is a legitimate national security concern, the latter is just voodoo as far as I can tell.
    Giving people fiat and then having them bring that fiat to another country to buy up all the real estate is what I'm stating here. If you choose to believe this is not occurring or that it is but that it has no effect on the well-being of the economy of the United States or its citizens that is your business. I believe it does occur and that it does affect things adversely.

  14. #34
    Originally Posted by LMR View Post
    Revelation 13:5, "And the beast was given a mouth uttering haughty and blasphemous words, and it was allowed to exercise authority for forty-two months."

    Gee, there's that number 42, again. "The Answer to the Ultimate Question of Life, The Universe, and Everything. " https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/42_(number)

    Of course, the digits of the number 153, which, I guess, along with 173, forms the 42nd dimension.

    153 ---> 135, as 173 ---> 137.

    Name:  
Views: 
Size:
    Getting back to the 153/173 numbers. There are two very basic ways in which these two numbers are connected.

    Firstly, by sums of squares. 3^2 + 12^2 = 153; and 2^2 + 13^2 = 173. The progression that results from subtracting 1 from the first number to be squared, while, adding 1 to the second number to be squared. The next number in this progression is, 1^2 + 14^2 = 197. The previous number is, 4^2 + 11^2 = 137. Note that 153 is "on" 173 because of the way that the 2's, and 3's, shift about the other to make up the 153, and 173. Note also the numbers 137, and 197 involve the numbers 1, 4, 11, and 14. A bit of symmetry going on about the 153/173 turn-around spot.

    Secondly, by sums of cubes. The pattern by which 1^3 + 5^3 + 3^3 = 153, and, 1^3 + 7^3 + 3^3 = 371, may be extended by padding these numbers with the digits 0, 3, and 6.

    1^3 + 5^3 + 3^3 = 153;
    16^3 + 50^3 + 33^3 = 165033;
    166^3 + 500^3 + 333^3 = 166500333;
    1666^3 + 5000^3 + 3333^3 = 166650003333; and so on.

    Similarly for the other side, with the padding in reverse, the new digits go on the other sides of the original numbers.

    3^3 + 7^3 +1^3 = 371;
    33^3 + 67^3 + 01^3 = 336701;
    333^3 + 667^3 + 001^3=333667001;
    3333^3 + 6667^3 + 0001^3 = 33366670001; and so on.

    Another thing I noticed with the numbers from BH was that, eg, 692 = 4*173. Some other relevant "fun" numbers. 365 = 5*73 = (4 + 1)*73; 365 = (-1 + 53)*7 + 1; and 365 = 4*(13 X 7) + 1. As well, forty-two months amounts to 3.5 X 1 year.

    How can the basic algebraic results and properties of numbers matter? Well, if we take the math to be numbers, and the physics to be dimensions, then there is a dimensional equation beginning with where the mathematical point coincides with the physical point. Then it can be determined which dimensions are the very basic ones, from where numbers such as the above coincide to form the turn-around dimensions.

    Any and all corrections welcome. "Wonky" numbers are easy to get jumbled up. Maybe, tomorrow, I can get around to tying up some loose-ends about the number 644, from Deech, and the numbers that Monet seems to spout out without knowing it. I don't know that Monet knows what he's talking about, half the time, but some okay numbers come out of him. Ha.

  15. #35
    Originally Posted by mcap View Post
    Is there any way from the number code to separate between US and Canada?
    Bump

  16. #36
    I am honoring St. Micks Day!
    Otherwise known as Nevada Casino Day.
    I hope the plate, mat and food are made in America but I doubt it.
    Basic New England Boil without Cabbage as I switched in roasted Cauliflower instead.
    Most likely sacrilegious to any Good Irish Catholic.
    Below are pictures of plates for Mick 1 and Mick 2.
    Pass the Mustard Please!
    Attached Images Attached Images   
    Last edited by monet; 04-17-2020 at 03:13 PM.

  17. #37
    Just cut that piece of fat off the meat and you'll be fine.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Get Your 2016 Family Budget Ready
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Money, Shopping, Real Estate, Investing
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-22-2015, 11:57 PM
  2. Should we play craps for the Chinese New Year?
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 02-01-2013, 09:18 PM
  3. Protect your cards.
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-06-2012, 10:10 AM
  4. How do you protect your money when playing in a casino?
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Las Vegas
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 09-25-2012, 07:30 PM
  5. Dinah's Family Restaurant
    By Alan Mendelson in forum Whatever's On Your Mind
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-09-2010, 02:45 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •