Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumb Ass Trump and Hydroxychloroquine

Yes, Trump touted this drug as a game changer. 17% greater chance of dying if you take it.
    https://www.marketwatch.com/story/hy...udy-2020-04-21
    Last edited by Midwest Player; 04-21-2020 at 12:08 PM.

Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Yes, Trump touted this drug as a game changer. 17% greater chance of dying if you take it.
    So it was stupid to test the drug for treatment of coronavirus. Is that your opinion of every drug being tested for it?

For the record Trump did not tout the drug as a game changer. He said the drug need to be pursued to see if it would successfully treat coronavirus. However, you libtard fucks always got to twist shit up to make someone look bad. In this case you are the only one that looks bad. Now go climb back under your rock where you love it so well.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

The bomb throwing liberal terrorist has returned. Instead of answering thoughtful questions some people have asked him, he goes back to tossing hand grenades. At least he's consistent.

Here's a newsflash MWP. Trump is an optimist. He's looking for solutions. I know you'll have hard time understanding this, being a doom and gloom liberal.

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    So it was stupid to test the drug for treatment of coronavirus. Is that your opinion of every drug being tested for it?

For the record Trump did not tout the drug as a game changer. He said the drug need to be pursued to see if it would successfully treat coronavirus. However, you libtard fucks always got to twist shit up to make someone look bad. In this case you are the only one that looks bad. Now go climb back under your rock where you love it so well.
    https://www.dailywire.com/news/trump...-against-virus

I've been following this debate. My first question is was it a blind or double blind study?

If they deliberately gave the drugs to those more seriously ill it was not a blind study, and you could expect a higher mortality rate among those more seriously ill.

Since the drug was given to veterans at VA hospitals you can also assume that the ages might be skewed to older and we know mortality is higher among older.

There are so many details missing from this report I can't even imagine how it can be considered as meaningful except to those who are against the drug's use.

Why do so many want this drug to fail?

And for the record MWP, this article said no such thing as what you're claiming. The following is what you're claiming the article is saying: "17% greater chance of dying if you take it

Here's what the article really said: "About 22% of those getting the drug plus azithromycin died, too, but the difference between that group and those receiving usual care was not considered large enough to rule out other factors that could have affected survival."

Basically there is not enough data to know if it works or not. If you're going to throw out "bombs", please accurately report what article's say. Don't be one of those dishonest liberals and misquote people and articles. Thanks!

Originally Posted by redietz View Post

Since you are here, redietz will you finally answer the question. With the shelter at home order naturally highway fatalities are way down. 40K people a year die from it. If everyone quit driving those lives would be saved. Would you be willing to give up driving to save those lives?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

And you genuinely seem happy about this. Sad.

Just yesterday Novartis won fda approval to start another clinical trial to test efficacy with hydroxychloroquine in covid19 patients. I guess we know what side you’ll be rooting for.

Redietz, you proved my point. MWP said Trump touted the drug as a game changer. You followed suit with this link. All I had to read was the headline "TRUMP SAYS THESE DRUGS COULD BE GAME CHANGERS IN FIGHT AGAINST VIRUS."

Take a look at these two headlines:

"TRUMP SAYS THESE DRUGS ARE GAME CHANGERS."

"TRUMP SAYS THESE DRUGS COULD BE GAME CHANGERS."

Now, redietz, try some intellectual honesty for a change. Do both headlines mean the same thing? Of course, you and MWP know full well "could be game changers" does not mean the same thing as "are game changers."

It wasn't even a nice try, redietz. All it did was show how intellectually dishonest lefties like you and MWP are.

[url://www.dailywire.com/news/trump-says-these-two-drugs-could-be-game-changer-in-fight-against-virus[/url]
    Red- just remember Galileo. He dropped a heavy weight and a light one atop the tower of Pisa. Despite witnessing WITH THEIR OWN EYES both objects hitting the ground at the same time, they persisted in their own way of thnking. You can't tell these idiots anything.

Since you are here, redietz will you finally answer the question. With the shelter at home order naturally highway fatalities are way down. 40K people a year die from it. If everyone quit driving those lives would be saved. Would you be willing to give up driving to save those lives?
    redietz will not answer your question. He hides away. He's one of the biggest cowards I've ever seen when it's time to make a stand on what he makes all his weirdo claims about, or when it's time to be a man.

If the question is, "Would I give up driving for 12-18 months as part of a communal effort to contribute towards saving 30,000 or 40,000 or 100,000 lives," the answer is of course I would.

Comparing traffic deaths to coronavirus deaths is a false equivalence. Traffic deaths are not contagious, multiplying outward. Each accident, unless you get a pile-up in a snowstorm, is its own independent thing. The reason you restrict people during a pandemic is because of contagion.

By the way, I'm a big fan of public transportation. I think it's a shame intercity bus service and train service isn't really a federally funded option. The bus lines have been left to shrivel, and Amtrak's routes have likewise been cut back.
    Last edited by redietz; 04-21-2020 at 01:33 PM.

If the question is, "Would I give up driving for 12-18 months as part of a communal effort to contribute towards saving 30,000 or 40,000 or 100,000 lives," the answer is of course I would.

Comparing traffic deaths to coronavirus deaths is a false equivalence. Traffic deaths are not contagious, multiplying outward. Each accident, unless you get a pile-up in a snowstorm, is its own independent thing. The reason you restrict people during a pandemic is because of contagion.

By the way, I'm a big fan of public transportation. I think it's a shame intercity bus service and train service isn't really a federally funded option. The bus lines have been left to shrivel, and Amtrak's routes have likewise been cut back.
    Strawman argument. I didn't compare traffic deaths to coronavirus. Typically, you are being intellectually dishonest again. I asked you if you are willing to give up driving to save lives. Since your response is yes you would, then we can all look forward to your calling for a ban on driving. When will you be making the announcement?

Strawman argument. I didn't compare traffic deaths to coronavirus. Typically, you are being intellectually dishonest again. I asked you if you are willing to give up driving to save lives. Since your response is yes you would, then we can all look forward to your calling for a ban on driving. When will you be making the announcement?
    I'd give up my car for adequate public transportation. I'm a New Yorker by birth. Cars are a waste of money.

And when will mickey crimm be announcing that those infected with anthrax should be allowed to work? I'm looking forward to the announcement.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA2VqPvBnQ
    Originally Posted by slingshot View Post
    Red- just remember Galileo. He dropped a heavy weight and a light one atop the tower of Pisa. Despite witnessing WITH THEIR OWN EYES both objects hitting the ground at the same time, they persisted in their own way of thinking. You can't tell these idiots anything.
    Yep, the equivalence principle. Inertia equals gravitational inertia. Time slows as gravity increases. I guess as well this means, space is the neutral dimension.
    Lustin' lutins (from) NUTS:LI (Lichtenstein), unlist insult, until's sunlit!

p
    M
    u
    r
    taRd

---> MR. L(osing).

Shut it down, LMR. = Low Mind thRust, (invar.)

555 = 111 + 4*111 = 15*37, or 37*15, as 153, and 7, or, 371, and 5. As 153 on 371, to 5/7 left, as 6 +/- 1.

3/21 to 8/22 is 153 + 1 days. 321 = 107*3 + 0; 123 = 3*71 + 0. To 1/0. 822 = (-1 + 7)(37 + 100); 228 = 57[6 - (1 + 1)], ---> 11411. 15[3^2] = 153 + (5 + 1). 154 days is ~ 42.08% of year 2020. 451 = 11*41^1.

And when will mickey crimm be announcing that those infected with anthrax should be allowed to work? I'm looking forward to the announcement.
    Oops. Bad example. Anthrax poisoning is not contagious. It's not transmitted from one person to another. Try HIV and why it's not a crime in California to not inform your partner that you're positive. Passed by Democrats.

Are you comparing anthrax to coronavirus?

Originally Posted by LMR View Post
    Yep, the equivalence principle. Inertia equals gravitational inertia. Time slows as gravity increases. I guess as well this means, space is the neutral dimension.
    Yep, that pretty sums it up. That was as clear as mud. I don’t think there should be any more debates on whatever point you were trying to make after that post. Good job! You nailed it!

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post

I'd give up my car for adequate public transportation. I'm a New Yorker by birth. Cars are a waste of money.
    I heard public transportation is great in Syracuse.

Thread Information