Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Dumb Ass Trump and Hydroxychloroquine

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by redietz View Post

Strawman argument. I didn't compare traffic deaths to coronavirus. Typically, you are being intellectually dishonest again. I asked you if you are willing to give up driving to save lives. Since your response is yes you would, then we can all look forward to your calling for a ban on driving. When will you be making the announcement?

And when will mickey crimm be announcing that those infected with anthrax should be allowed to work? I'm looking forward to the announcement.
    Are you comparing anthrax to coronavirus?
    I had the same question? I had no idea what point he was trying to make with that post.

Are LMR and redietz related?

Originally Posted by Ozzy View Post
    Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post

Strawman argument. I didn't compare traffic deaths to coronavirus. Typically, you are being intellectually dishonest again. I asked you if you are willing to give up driving to save lives. Since your response is yes you would, then we can all look forward to your calling for a ban on driving. When will you be making the announcement?
    I'd give up my car for adequate public transportation. I'm a New Yorker by birth. Cars are a waste of money.
    I heard public transportation is great in Syracuse.
    It’s even better if you live in a small town in the middle of Kansas.

If the question is, "Would I give up driving for 12-18 months as part of a communal effort to contribute towards saving 30,000 or 40,000 or 100,000 lives," the answer is of course I would.

Comparing traffic deaths to coronavirus deaths is a false equivalence. Traffic deaths are not contagious, multiplying outward. Each accident, unless you get a pile-up in a snowstorm, is its own independent thing. The reason you restrict people during a pandemic is because of contagion.

By the way, I'm a big fan of public transportation. I think it's a shame intercity bus service and train service isn't really a federally funded option. The bus lines have been left to shrivel, and Amtrak's routes have likewise been cut back.

And when will mickey crimm be announcing that those infected with anthrax should be allowed to work? I'm looking forward to the announcement.
    And there's the coward in him being released once again.....

I've been following this debate. My first question is was it a blind or double blind study?

If they deliberately gave the drugs to those more seriously ill it was not a blind study, and you could expect a higher mortality rate among those more seriously ill.

Since the drug was given to veterans at VA hospitals you can also assume that the ages might be skewed to older and we know mortality is higher among older.

There are so many details missing from this report I can't even imagine how it can be considered as meaningful except to those who are against the drug's use.

Why do so many want this drug to fail?
    Exactly. Thank you Alan for your first clear and logical post.
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

Maybe I should change my sig line.
    Take off that stupid mask you big baby.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_xA2VqPvBnQ
    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    Are LMR and redietz related?
    He's from Pluto.

I'm from Mars. Aka, Loco Mars Resident.
    Lustin' lutins (from) NUTS:LI (Lichtenstein), unlist insult, until's sunlit!

p
    M
    u
    r
    taRd

---> MR. L(osing).

Shut it down, LMR. = Low Mind thRust, (invar.)

555 = 111 + 4*111 = 15*37, or 37*15, as 153, and 7, or, 371, and 5. As 153 on 371, to 5/7 left, as 6 +/- 1.

3/21 to 8/22 is 153 + 1 days. 321 = 107*3 + 0; 123 = 3*71 + 0. To 1/0. 822 = (-1 + 7)(37 + 100); 228 = 57[6 - (1 + 1)], ---> 11411. 15[3^2] = 153 + (5 + 1). 154 days is ~ 42.08% of year 2020. 451 = 11*41^1.

Originally Posted by slingshot View Post

So it was stupid to test the drug for treatment of coronavirus. Is that your opinion of every drug being tested for it?

For the record Trump did not tout the drug as a game changer. He said the drug need to be pursued to see if it would successfully treat coronavirus. However, you libtard fucks always got to twist shit up to make someone look bad. In this case you are the only one that looks bad. Now go climb back under your rock where you love it so well.
    [url://www.dailywire.com/news/trump-says-these-two-drugs-could-be-game-changer-in-fight-against-virus[/url]
    Red- just remember Galileo. He dropped a heavy weight and a light one atop the tower of Pisa. Despite witnessing WITH THEIR OWN EYES both objects hitting the ground at the same time, they persisted in their own way of thnking. You can't tell these idiots anything.
    Ouch sling.

Who cares what the source was? Why would you need to see any studies? Anyone who would believe that a 100 year old anti-malaria drug would work against a newly emerged, newly mutated VIRAL infection, is an idiot. Malaria isn't even caused by a virus. Let's just dump poisons into our system and hope it flushes it clean. Might as well go back to ingesting mercury or arsenic to cure the plague.

Wasn't there something like this touted in the 1980s or 1990s, for cancer? People who had nothing to lose were flocking to clinics in Tijuana to get poisoned.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Don't make the comparison to Laetrile which was in the 70s, Mr Mdawg. What we're talking about is not a cure. We are talking about a treatment that gives the body time to heal.

Only a fool would take an anti-malaria drug to treat a virus.

Yes, laetrile. I can understand, on some level, a dying person's willingness to take about anything, but just the idea of taking a 100 year old anti-malaria drug to treat a VIRAL infection shocks common sense.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    Who cares what the source was? Why would you need to see any studies? Anyone who would believe that a 100 year old anti-malaria drug would work against a newly emerged, newly mutated VIRAL infection, is an idiot. Malaria isn't even caused by a virus. Let's just dump poisons into our system and hope it flushes it clean. Might as well go back to ingesting mercury or arsenic to cure the plague.

Wasn't there something like this touted in the 1980s or 1990s, for cancer? People who had nothing to lose were flocking to clinics in Tijuana to get poisoned.
    MDawg, just so you’re clear on what this drug is/does. It’s also the main drug used to fight Lupus. I’m sure you know what Lupus is.

The way it works is by settling your immune system down so your immune system can do a better job fighting off infections/viruses. The drug itself doesn’t fight the virus. It’s actually been tried to fight quite a few virus infections and has had mixed results.

It’s obviously not a miracle cure. I expect the reason more people died with the group that took it is because they were further along in their process to death. At some point, it probably doesn’t matter what you take, you aren’t recovering.

Dr. Fauci has said there are no serious side effects from taking it. And it even might show some promise fighting coronavirus. His main point is there needs to be more studies before anybody claims it works.

The way I see it, it can’t hurt. It has shown some success with some patients. Who knows, they might have taken it earlier in their illness, when they still had a chance of recovery. I’m speculating here.

Obviously, the liberal press and the MWP types are looking for any piece of data to try to make Trump look bad.

I’m not as gullible as MWP. I read articles with skepticism and do my own analysis. MidWest Player, on the other hand, pretty much believes anything he reads, as long as it’s anti-Trump.

Like I said
    Who cares what the source was?
    .i.e. I am not making any political commentary. I just speak to the common sense of whether such a drug would even begin to work effectively against ANY viral infection. I actually have some background in this, even though I ended up a lawyer, and you're talking about a disease (lupus) where the treatments are mostly ameliorative. I am not claiming to be an expert on any of this, but even if I knew nothing about medicine at all, I'd never take an ancient unrelated drug like that to try to treat something like this. Would you?

Like I said
    Who cares what the source was?
    .i.e. I am not making any political commentary. I just speak to the common sense of whether such a drug would even begin to work effectively against ANY viral infection. I actually have some background in this, even though I ended up a lawyer, and you're talking about a disease (lupus) where the treatments are mostly ameliorative. I am not claiming to be an expert on any of this, but even if I knew nothing about medicine at all, I'd never take an ancient unrelated drug like that to try to treat something like this. Would you?
    Like I said, there were many doctors that had tried it for treating coronavirus. They didn't try it because it was just some random drug they pulled off the shelf. There was logic behind why they thought it might work.

So, you asked the question? Would I try it? Knowing what they know, and the fact that this drug has been tried in the past to treat some viruses, probably yes.

I mean it can't hurt. I'm sure a lot of other drugs were tried too. There was a doctor on CNN the other day who is 63 and he had recovered from coronavirus. When he was sick, the doctors gave him two drugs he said he thought worked. I'd never heard of these drugs before, and they had long names.

Did they work? Who knows? This doctor was healthy and training for a marathon when he caught this virus, so he'd probably recover without any drugs.

That's the thing about drugs, medicine and people, there are so many variables at play, there is noway anybody can say with any certainty if some are working and some aren't. The placebo effect also cures a lot of people.

But regardless if this drug helps, I think it's pretty stupid to think it's killing people. Like you said, it's been used to fight Malaria and Lupus for a long time. If people with Lupus can handle this drug, I'm pretty sure a semi-healthy person can handle it. This drug didn't kill anybody. It was the coronavirus. MWP thinks this drug is killing people.

Again, I expect the people who were taking it were so far gone nothing would have saved them.

Only a fool would take an anti-malaria drug to treat a virus.

Yes, laetrile. I can understand, on some level, a dying person's willingness to take about anything, but just the idea of taking a 100 year old anti-malaria drug to treat a VIRAL infection shocks common sense.
    Surprisingly this is about the worst post I've seen recently.

Who would have thought that deliberately infecting children with cowpox would prevent them from getting smallpox? Who would have thought that a chemical derived from some mold would cure polio? Who would have thought giving sailors fruit would cure scurvy?

There's nothing inherently absurd about the hypothesis based on anecdotal evidence that people who were on anti-malarial drugs were not getting COVID.

What certain persons in positions of authority said and did about that hypothesis may or may not be another matter.

Meanwhile they are changing laws or disregarding laws as both sides argue and throw stones.
    Civilizations Rise and Fall and nobody stays on top forever.
    I just never thought a virus with a 1% mortality rate would destroy America.
    Even if the Virus kills 10% of the American Population you still have 295 Million Citizens to pick up the pieces.

The correct answer when someone asks you which family member would you sacrifice is...
    ME... I would sacrifice my own life to get everything back up and running.
    The point is it shouldn't of been shut down in the first place but now they got the ball rolling and they aren't gonna stop.

China, Iran and Russia are already using the virus to further coordinate their efforts against the United States.
    Just a matter of time before this turns into another World War.

Smurger: You're trying to make an empirical argument giving historical examples even more ancient than this anti-malaria drug and trying to say that we should carry on with this sort of hit and miss experimentation. We might need to - in situations where we know nothing about what we are dealing with!

Nowadays we know light years more about the way diseases function, at least to the degree of knowing what category of ailment we are dealing with, and we don't need to guess to the same level of hundreds of years ago. Which was exactly my point in saying that we might as well go back to trying to treat plague with mercury and arsenic. It was patently absurd to think that a class of drug like hydroxychloroquine could, as you put it, keep people from <<getting COVID.>>

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    Who would have thought that deliberately infecting children with cowpox would prevent them from getting smallpox?
    People who worked with livestock didn't get the disease. Some other people figured out that cowpox made them immune. This was a very lucky thing, as smallpox was around for a long, long time. Anyway, this is a matter of a vaccine from a lesser form of the disease. Some vaccines use partially live virus, such as for the vaccine for shingles.

Who would have thought that a chemical derived from some mold would cure polio
    "Poliomyelitis, or infantile paralysis, was the most dreaded disease in the United States for much of the 20th century. Salk’s vaccine used inactivated, or “killed,” poliovirus to trigger an immune response against the disease. On April 12, 1955, officials announced the vaccine’s success and launched a nationwide immunization campaign. Within a generation, new cases of polio nearly disappeared."

Who would have thought giving sailors fruit would cure scurvy?
    Someone who wanted some fruit for those long sea voyages? A simple matter of diet.

There's nothing inherently absurd about the hypothesis based on anecdotal evidence that people who were on anti-malarial drugs were not getting COVID.
    Is this like the Lupus patients, either, who didn't get it?

What certain persons in positions of authority said and did about that hypothesis may or may not be another matter.
    Trump was a total fuck-up, from start to finish. Anything for a buck.

p
    M
    u
    r
    taRd

---> MR. L(osing).

555 = 111 + 4*111 = 15*37, or 37*15, as 153, and 7, or, 371, and 5. As 153 on 371, to 5/7 left, as 6 +/- 1.

3/21 to 8/22 is 153 + 1 days. 321 = 107*3 + 0; 123 = 3*71 + 0. To 1/0. 822 = (-1 + 7)(37 + 100); 228 = 57[6 - (1 + 1)], ---> 11411. 15[3^2] = 153 + (5 + 1). 154 days is ~ 42.08% of year 2020. 451 = 11*41^1.

". It was patently absurd to think that a class of drug like hydroxychloroquine could, as you put it, keep people from <<getting COVID.>>"

Why? Also just out of curiosity what is your preferred phrasing of the portion you put in quotes?

LMR- I don't understand what the purpose of your post is. Do you think those cures couldn't have been construed as absurd before they were proven to work?

I did however confuse the initial argument for choloroquine being a potential cure with another theory, I can't remember if it was the lupus-related one. After some googling the real argument for testing chloroquine was that it had been beneficial with some similar virus.

There's nothing unusual with any of the above vaccines. The guy who invented penicillin stumbled on to some mold that was growing in one of his experiments. He noticed that it killed the bacteria, or whatever it was that he was trying grow. Nothing new about one thing killing another. If I recall, some fungi kill some molds.

The thing about the HCQ is that persons who actually worked with this, and other drugs, said, from the virus' outset, months ago, that it had been tried, without any success, on every other new disease you can think of. HCQ kills the virus, but, only in a test-tube. I mean, trust the persons who work with the drugs, not some "monkey" doctors who want to make names for themselves.

Funny as hell how Rudy Giuliani was tied up with that Jewish doctor who, supposedly, didn't lose a single patient out of hundreds and hundreds of patients.
    Last edited by LMR; 04-21-2020 at 05:04 PM.

p
    M
    u
    r
    taRd

---> MR. L(osing).

Why do so many want this drug to fail?
    Because Trump said the drug may work on coronavirus. Some libtards like LMR (Liberal Mental Retard) and redietz won't have anything to do with anything associated with Trump. They have misrepresented people supporting testing of the drug as thinking it's a miracle cure because Trump mentioned it. They think it will make us look bad and also Trump look bad so they are rooting for the drug to fail.

If the drug fails it means people die. But these libtards don't care if people die as long as they think it will make Trump and supporters look bad. Have you seen redietz or LMR support testing of the drug. Redietz is silent on the issue and LMR just makes sarcastic comments about it. That tells me everything I need to know about those two.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Thread Information