Thread: Do you check your mileage when you valet your car?

Do you check your mileage when you valet your car? It's one of the safety precautions I take each time I hand my keys to a valet. This way I can find out if they really did park my car-- or took it for a joy ride. If I find there were some "miles" put on the car, I would immediately report it, get the name of the manager and valet who took my car -- just in case the police later tell me it was my car used in that bank holdup!

I use the valet key-- and never leave my house keys or other keys on the valet key I give to the valet.

I turn off my GPS system before I get out of the car, and I have a security code lock on my GPS system. This way, the valet can't turn on my GPS and press "go home" to see where I live and how quickly he can get there and rob my house while I'm out to dinner.

Do I sound paranoid?

I'm very careful not to leave anything but small, loose change in the change box in my car. No dollar bills.

I never leave valuables in the passenger compartment of my car -- if they're in my car they are in the trunk and the valet key can't open the trunk.

I'm actually nervous about leaving the car registration in the glove box, but California says the registration must be in the car. I would rather not have the registration in the car -- keep it in my wallet perhaps -- so in case someone is driving my car who shouldn't gets stopped by the police, the driver won't have my registration and the police would inquire and perhaps discover my car was being stolen.

I keep my headlights on "automatic" but valets always switch them to "off." I guess they were told to do that.

I hate when a valet has to change my seat position when they get in my car. Why can't they have valets to match the size of customers so they don't have to change the customers' seats.

Valets walk around my car to check for body damage. And when they return my car, I walk around it looking for body damage.

I hate when a valet pulls up in my car, and before the car stops the valet puts it in "park." Would the valet do that to his own car??

Of the hundreds of times I've hemmed to the hotels all over LV, I have never worried a bit about the mileage because I always rented a car for every trip. And on most trips, I'd be visiting at least four hotels for my play or to just scoop up freebies at while in town or anywhere across Nevada. I always removed the rental agreement before handing over the keys, and I have never left anything of value to tempt the valet slugs.

Thread Information