Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: It's mainland China's fault

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    This is going to be an 18-month grind, at the least.
    18 months or more of world lock down????

Originally Posted by Ex-AP View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    You write countless lengthy posts on coronavirus but think others are the covidiots. Take a look in the mirror, dude. You are the biggest covidiot on this site.
    Says the low-brow, knuckle dragging hicktard who wrote about virus is a scam right before 26 million Americans become jobless.

Or missed the fact Wuhan virus is now leading cause of death in America.

You don’t even understand DAS 10 in video blackjack.
    Gentlemen, gentlemen. I recommend "When Prophecy Fails" by Leon Festinger, an old classic, for a primer helping to explain how reasonably intelligent people, once committed to a religion, refuse to de-commit regardless of overwhelming evidence.

For example, take yesterday for example.

Ask a diehard presidential/Fox News supporter what policy change by the president would cause him to lose their support. Get out your stopwatch. There will be an interminable delay because (1) they haven't ever really thought about it, (2) they're having trouble coming up with one, and (3) really, nothing that happens will disconfirm them.

As I was saying, take yesterday for example. Up until the "task force briefing," anyone who was berating the Georgia governor for re-opening would have been branded a scaredy-cat libtard or some such.

Take me, for example: https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...r-massage.html

To continue, up until the press conference, my position would have been flaming lefty, libtard, coward, or un-American. But then the Prez came on TV and agreed with me!

Now I suppose my position is the correct one. Or am I and the President now wrong? Quite the dilemma. That is what religion, especially authoritarian religion, will do to people.

Again, When Prophecy Fails by Leon Festinger will point you in the right direction to understanding these effects.
    No wonder you are all messed up. You read blasphemous stuff. Religion is a tradition. Why do intelligent people submit their kids to being taught Christianity? People want nothing but the best for their kids. Christianity simply beats all the alternatives.

How many universities in this country were started by Christians?
    How many universities in this country were started by atheists?
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post
    Originally Posted by Ex-AP View Post

Says the low-brow, knuckle dragging hicktard who wrote about virus is a scam right before 26 million Americans become jobless.

Or missed the fact Wuhan virus is now leading cause of death in America.

You don’t even understand DAS 10 in video blackjack.
    Gentlemen, gentlemen. I recommend "When Prophecy Fails" by Leon Festinger, an old classic, for a primer helping to explain how reasonably intelligent people, once committed to a religion, refuse to de-commit regardless of overwhelming evidence.

For example, take yesterday for example.

Ask a diehard presidential/Fox News supporter what policy change by the president would cause him to lose their support. Get out your stopwatch. There will be an interminable delay because (1) they haven't ever really thought about it, (2) they're having trouble coming up with one, and (3) really, nothing that happens will disconfirm them.

As I was saying, take yesterday for example. Up until the "task force briefing," anyone who was berating the Georgia governor for re-opening would have been branded a scaredy-cat libtard or some such.

Take me, for example: https://theskepticalgambler.blogspot...r-massage.html

To continue, up until the press conference, my position would have been flaming lefty, libtard, coward, or un-American. But then the Prez came on TV and agreed with me!

Now I suppose my position is the correct one. Or am I and the President now wrong? Quite the dilemma. That is what religion, especially authoritarian religion, will do to people.

Again, When Prophecy Fails by Leon Festinger will point you in the right direction to understanding these effects.
    No wonder you are all messed up. You read blasphemous stuff. Religion is a tradition. Why do intelligent people submit their kids to being taught Christianity? People want nothing but the best for their kids. Christianity simply beats all the alternatives.

How many universities in this country were started by Christians?
    How many universities in this country were started by atheists?
    Mickey, you make an excellent point about some of our major universities been started by Christians. The same is true with our scientific fields. Without Christianity, we would still be living in the dark ages!

And I’d argue Christianity goes way beyond “beats the alternatives.” It’s because Christianity was founded on reality and historical facts. It’s more than a belief system. This is why so many people (meaning atheist and their like) spend so much time trying to disprove the Bible.

Even Paul understood that our faith is more than a belief system, when he said, if Christ did not die and was raised from the dead, your faith is worthless. I’m paraphrasing here a little. Again, Christianity is based on the historical fact there is a Creator who came down to earth as Jesus, who died and was raised from the dead. If this didn’t happen, our faith is meaningless and Christianity is no different than some mystic voodoo religion.

Besides Judaism, Muslims and Christianity, all the other relgions are not based on reality. They are based on some mystic belief system...some call it “new age” thinking. This is where eastern religions like Hindu, Buddha, etc, come from. You could probably call them more philosophies then religion.

That’s why it made no sense when redietz made the comment about intelligent people “de-committing” from religion (I’m assuming he means Christianity) in light of “overwhelming evidence”. I have no idea what he means by this, since the “overwhelming evidence” has shown the historical accuracy of the Bible, from the creation account, to Christ time on earth and his resurrection.

Why do all dating systems go back to Christ’s time on earth? Because when God in person came to earth and defeated death, it had a pretty big impact on the world! To where over 2000 years later, the whole world (regardless of someone’s beliefs) still knowledges his existence and importance with our calendars!

Thread Information