On another message board, there is a discussion about craps dealers rushing shooters to keep the game moving quickly. In particular, shooters who set dice were said to take "too long" and delayed the game.

Most players these days set the dice one way or another even if they don't follow their "dice setting" with a controlled throw.

Some set the dice out of superstition believing that if they throw the dice with the "point" showing on top, the dice will finish that way.

Those who set the dice because they are trying to influence how the dice will roll may use a different strategy for the dice combination they use when they roll the cubes.

The point that I made in the discussion was that I've never been at a craps table where the dealers rushed the shooter or asked the shooter to speed up the game. In fact, I've seen shooters take plenty of time to order drinks, pay for drinks, kiss their girlfriends, yell over to friends at another table, high-five their buddies, dance and pray before the next throw.

I've also been at tables where the dealers have started conversations with the shooters and continued conversations with shooters between rolls. And there was that one time I was at a table where the action stopped so the shooter could go to the restroom.

Have you ever been rushed by dealers to throw the dice, make a bet or play a hand? And when it comes to video poker, no one has ever walked up to me and said "are you going to push the button anytime soon?"