Thread: Liberal Snowflakes Keep On Winning!

I am not sure why they don't just burn all books like Germany tried?
    Nineteen Eighty-Four, Fahrenheit 451 and the Bible are most likely next to be banned.

Maybe some of us can work as a clerk in the Records Department of the Ministry of Truth,
    where our job is to rewrite historical documents so they match the constantly changing current party line.

An Alaska school board removed five famous
    — but allegedly "controversial" — books from district classrooms,
    inadvertently renewing local interest in the excluded works.

(lol they took out Catch-22 because it contains violence!?)
    They are talking about taking out A Christmas Carol lol lol lol.

"I Know Why the Caged Bird Sings" by Maya Angelou
    "Catch-22" by Joseph Heller
    "The Things They Carried" by Tim O'Brien
    "The Great Gatsby" by F. Scott Fitzgerald
    "Invisible Man" by Ralph Ellison

were all taken off an approved list of works that teachers in the Mat-Su Borough School District may use for instruction.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news...rsial-n1194436

Last edited by monet; 04-30-2020 at 12:11 AM.

These five books probably join A Poor Man's James Bond and The Anarchist's Cookbook in their exclusion. I would assume these two are already excluded.

Originally Posted by tableplay View Post
    These five books probably join A Poor Man's James Bond and The Anarchist's Cookbook in their exclusion. I would assume these two are already excluded.
    I haven't kept up with it but I know these aren't the first books, like you say.
    I remember a few years ago when they starting banning books from schools curriculum.
    It's basically all part of the Liberal SJW Agenda.
    I am just surprised at how little resistance these schools and universities get.
    It's basically like what they say goes and if your child doesn't show up they call the Truant Officer.

LOL Monet! I live in Mat-Su. I can count the Progressives I know here on one hand and still have fingers left over. It might be possible that liberals are not responsible for everything you dislike in the world.

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    They were conservatives.
    Originally Posted by wasilla View Post
    LOL Monet! I live in Mat-Su. I can count the Progressives I know here on one hand and still have fingers left over. It might be possible that liberals are not responsible for everything you dislike in the world.
    I am pretty sure that Liberals are responsible for everything I dislike in the world.
    It is possible that I am wrong and make mistakes though... happens.
    Liberals and Conservatives getting along and working together on an internet forum???
    That doesn't sound like too much fun.

These Conservatives must be from a different breed of Conservative.
    It appears the town is upset and outraged at the decision.
    Even the Mat-Su Education Association released a statement on Friday condemning the Mat-Su School Board's decision to ban five books from the curriculum.

As wasilla said, the whole town is Conservative so something is amiss.
    Are these board members pushing for Bible Reading and Prayer in the school district?
    I am guessing these board members are Ultra Christian Conservatives who want all forms of secularism out of life in general.

Another board member who voted for their removal, Jim Hart admitted that he hadn't even read two of the books except for a summary.

This article actually has the pictures of the 5 board members who voted to ban these books.
    It doesn't have much background but after knowing the 5 names I suppose it wouldn't be hard to get any information on them.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...pe-incest.html

Well at least General Flynn looks like he will be exonerated. I haven’t heard any liberals say they object to the kind of police state tactics they used on him. Freaking Comey better be wearing an orange jumpsuit over this.

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
    Well at least General Flynn looks like he will be exonerated. I haven’t heard any liberals say they object to the kind of police state tactics they used on him. Freaking Comey better be wearing an orange jumpsuit over this.
    Obviously when they make mistakes they just act as if it never happened.
    They made mistakes about wearing masks for months.
    They changed their minds about that.
    They said that you have to always believe the woman.
    They changed their minds about that when Biden was accused of Sexual Assault.
    The point is that Liberals are always right and Conservatives are always wrong.
    I don't really get into Republican or Democrat so much but I know Liberals are always right.

Originally Posted by monet View Post
    I don't really get into Republican or Democrat so much but I know Liberals are always right.
    Agree. I’m not here to defend republicans. Many are ass clowns too. Albeit less so than EVERY democrat.

Agree. I’m not here to defend republicans. Many are ass clowns too. Albeit less so than EVERY democrat.
    If dems win the next election Comey will go scott free.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

If dems win the next election Comey will go scott free.
    Agree. Hopefully Barr & Durham will get the goods on some of these crooks in the DOJ like, Comey, Mccabe, Stroyck, Orr, Page to name a few. And hopefully it will happen before the end of summer. Not that it will matter much to the lamestream media who whiffed on the biggest story of corruption in American politics in the history of our country.

Originally Posted by smurgerburger View Post
    They were conservatives.
    AFAIK almost all book bannings have been pushed by conservatives in America. This was no different. I was trying to parody these bozos, but they do too damn good of a job on themselves.

Thread Information