Thread: Moses situation regrets and update

I also want to discuss and express some regrets about the situation with former member Moses, who now resides at the funny farm. I just won't participate at that website so our normal dialogue is I post here and he responds there. I know this interest very few other than BoSox, moses and me, maybe MWP and one or two others that may read but wont comment here. And that's ok. That means this thread will quickly fall off after having served it's purpose.

I first encountered Moses on a blackjack forum I don't know when....a number of years ago. His story was that he was a 30 year BJ player and sportbetter, making a living in Reno. I immediately knew his story wasn't true as per the blackjack end, mainly because a player can't play significant stakes in Reno and you aren't going to be able to play such a small rotation for 30 years anyway. But I said nothing. I don't have the need to call out every member that I don't find their story credible. Only a select few that rise to the point that they are intentionally misleading and negatively effecting and influencing other players. Moses never got to that point, even on this forum. So I have regrets about calling him out and creating the shit storm that has ensued.

But lets fast forward to this forum. After attacking me on other forums with mostly personal stuff that had nothing to do with blackjack (there is a whole club of guys doing that), Moses shows up here at troll central. He makes nice and pretends to play reasonable for a short time, before he starts his usual shit of attacking me, both my credibility about blackjack and the personal stuff that has nothing to do with blackjack.

So I fought back. And as part of that for the first time, I called out Moses on his story being BS. Now don't get me wrong, Moses has a lot of blackjack knowledge, especially in regards to the single deck game that he plays and is basically only available in Reno. The stakes he claims to play can't be, but his info and knowledge of the game few have access to is valid.

His story is much more inline with a low stakes player, probably with some income ranging anywhere from a job, to some sort of program, disability, retirement or whatever, supplementing that income. And that is a great story. I happen to think supplementing retirement or income is one of the better uses of blackjack card counting in this day and age. I wish Moses had been honest about that. He could have been a rock star doing so.

So anyway, I referenced him being homeless a number of times and I regret that. It appears he is not and a step above that. But mostly I regret calling out his whole story. Unlike others he wasn't looking to profit or sell books off his 30 years AP claim. So he wasn't hurting anyone. I should have just let him be. Separated the non-blackjack name calling (homophobia attacks) from the blackjack and let people decide for themselves about his blackjack claims.

It is what it is and isn't going to change, but I just thought I would share that.

Now by the way, none of this excuses his off the forum behavior. That is a different matter. He shouldn't be taking anything, homophobic hatred or Blackjack issues off forum and showing up at peoples homes.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Well, what brought on this Mea Culpa? Are you saying you would like to see Moses reinstated here?

Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    Well, what brought on this Mea Culpa? Are you saying you would like to see Moses reinstated here?
    No, I didn't say THAT at all. Where did you get THAT from? I simply felt like I needed to say that I have regrets of calling him out as to his blackjack claims. Unlike others, he wasn't hurting anyone with his claim.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by Midwest Player View Post
    I simply felt like I needed to say that I have regrets of calling him out as to his blackjack claims. Unlike others, he wasn't hurting anyone with his claim.
    Sort of like a day late "actually about about 5 years" and a dollar short. In between, there were a lot of bombs fired and plenty of spilled blood. Hopefully someday this will be all over.

You just got to ignore the bums.

What is interesting is that the ones who go after MDawg the most are universally homeless bums (or homeless hobos). Some of them currently may have a roof over their heads but,

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/177637a...a-b5363ef9d01e

What's up with that?
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post
    Hopefully someday this will be all over.
    Bosox, if this ends, then forums die. One of the main reasons people are on forums is because they are soap operas, or train wreaks. And one thing we know is people love to watch a wreak, as long as they aren’t in it.

Even Norm acknowledged this a while ago by saying you have to let a little banter go back-and-forth otherwise forums won’t make it. Obviously, there’s a line people shouldn’t cross.

Moses, for the record I don't change my handle a lot. I have the same handle on each forum. I only know two of my handles right now...this one, Bob21, and the one on BTF, which is dbs6582. I have one on BJ21 and Blackjack Info, but I don't know what they are, so I don't know how to even log on to those sites if I wanted to.

In my next life, I promise I will only have one handle on all sites. My intent was never to deceive anybody. From the start, I could tell Bosox forum detective was way too smart for that, and he'd sniff me out right away. I might have been able to get away with it with Midwest Player, since he doesn't care, and he's just into throwing bombs and running.

And I agree, forums are more than soap operas and trains wreaks. I started out on forums to learn and ask question, which I did at the start. But then after a while, when people attacked anything I said, I started fighting back, and did some trolling. I didn't even know what a troll was in the forum world until about a year ago. Now I kind of enjoy trolling someone from time to time. Kj is my favorite, since he's way too serious and he's a Drama Queen.

Anyway, good to see you're doing well over there.
    Last edited by Bob21; 05-04-2020 at 06:41 PM.

Bob21 wrote:

" I have one on BJ21 and Blackjack Info, but I don't know what they are, so I don't know how to even log on to those sites if I wanted to."

Bob at BJ21 your handle is bob32

Blackjack info your handle is: bjo32

Originally Posted by kewlJ
    Forum rules:

#8. You may not post messages on behalf of banned users, nor may you post their content from other forums.

But in the first post of this thread you wrote:

"I also want to discuss and express some regrets about the situation with former member Moses, who now resides at the funny farm. I just won't participate at that website so our normal dialogue is I post here and he responds there."

That does not sound like it is in the rules.

Originally Posted by kewlJ
    Forum rules:

#8. You may not post messages on behalf of banned users, nor may you post their content from other forums.

But in the first post of this thread you wrote:

"I also want to discuss and express some regrets about the situation with former member Moses, who now resides at the funny farm. I just won't participate at that website so our normal dialogue is I post here and he responds there."

That does not sound like it is in the rules.
    That Chinese Virus ate part of his brain.
    Fucking guy must be losing it and in need of some attention.
    Guess he can't take America being Shut Down.
    Good thing Redietz got his back working on keeping the World shut down for another 2 years or more.
    All in the name of Gay Activism and Science!!
    People are Dying and the Sky is Falling... Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!

Bob21 wrote:

" I have one on BJ21 and Blackjack Info, but I don't know what they are, so I don't know how to even log on to those sites if I wanted to."

Thanks Bosox. That helps. Now when I see someone post something stupid on one of those other forums, I can log on and troll them.

Btw, how did you know my handle on BJ21? I haven’t been on there forever. I get how you’d know me on Blackjack info, since I called Kj out on something and somehow he found out who I was and had one of his hissy fits. I think you might have caught who I was. I don’t remember who it was and it doesn’t matter.

Again, I’ve never tried to hide anything, just didn’t think it was that important to have the same handle on different forums. I get it now. Makes sense. In my second life, I’m coming back as one handle on all sites. Promise. To my credit, my handle on BJ21 and here are close, so I was getting there. Lol

One last question: Why did zengrifter get the boot on Blackjack info? I thought he contributed and I always liked his posts. I didn’t see where he broke any rule. I guess some moderates just like to ban people from time to time to show everybody who’s in charge.
    Last edited by Bob21; 05-05-2020 at 04:38 PM.

Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    Bob21 wrote:

Thanks Bosox. That helps. Now when I see someone post something stupid on one of those other forums, I can log on and troll them.

Btw, how did you know my handle on BJ21? I haven’t been on there forever. I get how you’d know me on Blackjack info, since I called Kj out on something and somehow he found out who I was and had one of his hissy fits. I think you might have caught who I was. I don’t remember who it was and it doesn’t matter.

Again, I’ve never tried to hide anything, just didn’t think it was that important to have the same handle on different forums. I get it now. Makes sense. In my second life, I’m coming back as one handle on all sites. Promise. To my credit, my handle on BJ21 and here are close, so I was getting there. Lol

One last question: Why did zengrifter get the boot on Blackjack info? I thought he contributed and I always liked his posts. I didn’t see where he broke any rule. I guess some moderates just like to ban people from time to time to show everybody who’s in charge.
    Bob, I was a long time member on BJ21 paid/free sites but dropped out of the paid site about 3 years ago as the membership diminished considerably in conjunction with the deterioration of the games themselves.

Pertaining to the banning of Zengrifter also surprised me and I find it very disappointing as I always found him knowledgeable in many ways.

Moses, regarding taking insurance, I only take it if the count calls for it. The one possible exception take an even-money bet if I am being watched with a close borderline dicision anyway.

Never been a paid subscriber to bj21, but just looked at the free pages for the first time in a long time. It's pretty much a barren wasteland. 3 new threads in the last 8 months.

Originally Posted by jbjb View Post
    Never been a paid subscriber to bj21, but just looked at the free pages for the first time in a long time. It's pretty much a barren wasteland. 3 new threads in the last 8 months.
    Yes, you are right and it is really sad, as at one time the very knowledgable membership made it all worthwhile.

Bob21 wrote:

Bob, I was a long time member on BJ21 paid/free sites but dropped out of the paid site about 3 years ago as the membership diminished considerably in conjunction with the deterioration of the games themselves.

Pertaining to the banning of Zengrifter also surprised me and I find it very disappointing as I always found him knowledgeable in many ways.

Moses, regarding taking insurance, I only take it if the count calls for it. The one possible exception take an even-money bet if I am being watched with a close borderline dicision anyway.
    Yeah, it seemed like Don and 21forme had it in for zengrifter. Whenever zengrifter posted, they would jump on him for the most trivial things. There were several times I thought it was Don who was trying to start something. Don is very knowledgeable when it comes to bj, but lately he seems to be really wound up tight. He goes off on anybody on one of his rants. I think he's been in lock down mode too long, and it's starting to become like the Shinning in his neck of the woods. I'm like you, I usually got something from zengrifter posts, and he had a good sense of humor.

I did think you made an excellent point sticking up for Moses. I mean here was Kj starting a thread about Moses with Moses's name in the title (which has got to be breaking some rule, but I don't know for sure since I haven't been keeping up on all the rules lately). And then Kj is calling you out for giving Moses a voice to respond to Kj's attacks, and that's what they were. I think that's very small of Kj, using Kj's own words.
    Last edited by Bob21; 05-05-2020 at 06:08 PM.

Look, I didn't do this thread to take shots at Moses. I actually thought and meant it as an olive branch. And I did that for BoSox sake as much as anyone as BoSox thinks I have been unfair to Moses. And I apologized for the homeless comments.

I also talked about our history and how we got here. That isn't under dispute. Go back and read Moses on this forum. He admits he came here and pretended to be nice with the intent of turning on me. He admitted that right here on this very forum. And none of that was even about blackjack. He wanted to attack personally.

From a blackjack, perspective, Moses and I are very different. I play shoe games which is what most people have access to. Moses plays single deck, real single deck not 6:5, which is basically only available in Reno. That makes him very unusual, like less than 1% of blackjack players. So his idea about specialized counts reflect that. I have always acknowledged that. I have always said something like Moses ideas are specific to the Single deck game that he plays, and just not worth very much to the games that 99% of players have access to.

But none of that matters. Bosox has more or less proved he is just going to continue to try to discredit me and attack me about things that aren't even about blackjack. There are a whole club that do that on many forum.

I don't know what Bosox problem is. But I am done caring.

Look, I didn't do this thread to take shots at Moses. I actually thought and meant it as an olive branch. And I did that for BoSox sake as much as anyone as BoSox thinks I have been unfair to Moses. And I apologized for the homeless comments.

I also talked about our history and how we got here. That isn't under dispute. Go back and read Moses on this forum. He admits he came here and pretended to be nice with the intent of turning on me. He admitted that right here on this very forum. And none of that was even about blackjack. He wanted to attack personally.

From a blackjack, perspective, Moses and I are very different. I play shoe games which is what most people have access to. Moses plays single deck, real single deck not 6:5, which is basically only available in Reno. That makes him very unusual, like less than 1% of blackjack players. So his idea about specialized counts reflect that. I have always acknowledged that. I have always said something like Moses ideas are specific to the Single deck game that he plays, and just not worth very much to the games that 99% of players have access to.

But none of that matters. Bosox has more or less proved he is just going to continue to try to discredit me and attack me about things that aren't even about blackjack. There are a whole club that do that on many forum.

I don't know what Bosox problem is. But I am done caring.
    Kj, to be honest with you I thought you were being sarcastic in your thread about Moses. I mean this is your first sentence: "I also want to discuss and express some regrets about the situation with former member Moses, who now resides at the funny farm."

I mean right at the start you call his forum the "funny farm". That is kind of funny, but it's also a put down. Someone who is putting out an olive branch usually doesn't start out by calling a person's place of residence the "funny farm". I think you know a "funny farm" is where they put people who are "cockoo".

Overall, I did think your post was okay, but I don't know if it accomplished your purpose, if you were trying to bury the hatchet with Moses and Bosox.

Your post definitely had some digs in it at Moses. And you should know by now, Moses doesn't play that game! And there are people who respect Moses, who will stick up for him. Moses has got a good sense of humor, intelligent and is very genuine. I truly hope I can meet him someday.

"cockoo"
    lol, you did that on purpose!

Look, I didn't do this thread to take shots at Moses. I actually thought and meant it as an olive branch.
    Let's take a look at that olive branch starting in the first sentence:

I also want to discuss and express some regrets about the situation with former member Moses, who now resides at the funny farm.

I first encountered Moses on a blackjack forum I don't know when....a number of years ago. His story was that he was a 30 year BJ player and sportbetter, making a living in Reno. I immediately knew his story wasn't true as per the blackjack end, mainly because a player can't play significant stakes in Reno and you aren't going to be able to play such a small rotation for 30 years anyway.

But lets fast forward to this forum. After attacking me on other forums with mostly personal stuff that had nothing to do with blackjack (there is a whole club of guys doing that), Moses shows up here at troll central. He makes nice and pretends to play reasonable for a short time, before he starts his usual shit of attacking me, both my credibility about blackjack and the personal stuff that has nothing to do with blackjack.

So I fought back. And as part of that for the first time, I called out Moses on his story being BS.

The stakes he claims to play can't be, but his info and knowledge of the game few have access to is valid.

His story is much more inline with a low stakes player, probably with some income ranging anywhere from a job, to some sort of program, disability, retirement or whatever, supplementing that income. And that is a great story. I happen to think supplementing retirement or income is one of the better uses of blackjack card counting in this day and age. I wish Moses had been honest about that.

So anyway, I referenced him being homeless a number of times and I regret that. It appears he is not and a step above that.

I should have just let him be. Separated the non-blackjack name calling (homophobia attacks) from the blackjack and let people decide for themselves about his blackjack claims.

Now by the way, none of this excuses his off the forum behavior. That is a different matter. He shouldn't be taking anything, homophobic hatred or Blackjack issues off forum and showing up at peoples homes.

Monet, can you just feel the love in that wonderful reach out olive branch? In the third above quote, KJ also refers to the Vegas Casino Talk board as Troll Central showing a lack of appreciation. KJ, I do not think your heart and soul were into that olive branch by any means.

Thread Information