Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
Originally Posted by coach belly View Post

In light of that information, I'm even more surprised about how little Shack knew about the Double-Up...he seemed pretty clueless in the interview.
I think you misunderstood what Mike said. I took it, as an AP Mike saw no value in doubling up any win, so he never pressed yes when offered. AP stands for advantage player. That means +EV plays. a 50/50 bet is not +EV. all it does is increase variance.

I also wouldn't count on the fact that Mike knew so little about this play. I suspect he knew a lot more than he let on. Mike was playing the part of the interviewer. His job, as he saw it, was to act as though he knew nothing about the play to get Rob to explain it in as much detail as possible so people could decide forthemselves whether Rob was credible or not. And he did that.

But now that the interview is over, I would like to hear the interviewer's opinion on the subject. But that's just me.
I would say there's almost zero chance Mike gives his opinion on whether or not he thinks that Rob played this, unless Rob insists on it. And even then, I don't think we would get a yes or no answer.