Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: More Hurt....

Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    I did some quick math to see how much Rob really made from the DUB, assuming his story is true, and he didn't cheat on his taxes. It sounds like most people think he claimed the entire $2.8 million on his taxes otherwise he could go to jail for tax fraud.

Again, there is no statue of limitations for out and out tax fraud, which is what would have happened if Rob he didn't claim the whole $2.8 million on his taxes. I copied a link in case people question this.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alangas.../#574c3ee65842

So all of Rob's DUB earnings would be taxed at the highest tax bracket. As a rough estimate, this means about 40% of the $2.8 million would have been lost due to federal and state taxes. This means Rob would have been left with only about $1.7 million. Still a lot of money, but not that much when you consider it's over a 5 year time span.

And what does he do with it? He spends most of on a Newell, about $1.3 or $1.5 million depending on what story you believe. Does that make any sense?

People who buy a Newell are usually the super wealthy making like $10 million or more a year. They aren't people who scrape together a couple 100,000 a year playing some bug.

And during this time Rob was also buying houses for his kids. It sounds like he was spending more than he made, or he didn't claim all his winnings on his taxes.

I get this whole thing has been beaten to death, and is pretty much over, but even the math on what he did with his winnings doesn't add up.
    So yes, even if Rob has one and paid 1.3 million for it, he's a total retard given the rate of depreciation such things have. He had his once in a lifetime chance of making money because he seems clueless about math and such in general. He the spends half of it on an item that will depreciate like crazy? I guess if you really want to live in the thing for the rest of your life, but for that money he could have made a small rental empire and got a property management company.

BTW I read weed had been decriminalized in VA. Hey Bob, make about 3-4 posts here and get Danny to chime in please. Nothing more I like to see than a few idiots trying to flame/troll me in the middle of Rob's attempt at glory.

Funny how fucking mentally tied into Rob both Micky and Bosox are. If they didn't feel Rob was part of their tribe, it is a given neither would take such defensive positions on nonsense. Weak. I do agree though, that the interior pictures were so bad that it seems like Rob had to be setting us up for something.

It looks like it’s down to me and Mickey believing a few people are going to look a little foolish at some point. I’m not willing to bet one way or the other, which tells you something as I would bet on two dogs fucking if it was a fair bet.

Too many unknowns here but regardless of the outcome, I personally won’t say he or a close family member doesn’t own the Motorhome in question at this point.

I gave the man as much shit as anyone over his VP “system” over the years as it didn’t make mathematical sense. This feels different to me.

Time will tell one way or another.

Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    I did some quick math to see how much Rob really made from the DUB, assuming his story is true, and he didn't cheat on his taxes. It sounds like most people think he claimed the entire $2.8 million on his taxes otherwise he could go to jail for tax fraud.

Again, there is no statue of limitations for out and out tax fraud, which is what would have happened if Rob he didn't claim the whole $2.8 million on his taxes. I copied a link in case people question this.

https://www.forbes.com/sites/alangas.../#574c3ee65842

So all of Rob's DUB earnings would be taxed at the highest tax bracket. As a rough estimate, this means about 40% of the $2.8 million would have been lost due to federal and state taxes. This means Rob would have been left with only about $1.7 million. Still a lot of money, but not that much when you consider it's over a 5 year time span.

And what does he do with it? He spends most of on a Newell, about $1.3 or $1.5 million depending on what story you believe. Does that make any sense?

People who buy a Newell are usually the super wealthy making like $10 million or more a year. They aren't people who scrape together a couple 100,000 a year playing some bug.

And during this time Rob was also buying houses for his kids. It sounds like he was spending more than he made, or he didn't claim all his winnings on his taxes.

I get this whole thing has been beaten to death, and is pretty much over, but even the math on what he did with his winnings doesn't add up.
    In days gone by on this forum Rob used to expound quite a big on gambling and taxes. He claimed to have created enough write-offs to not have to pay any taxes. He even said he's been audited twice.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Assume for the sake of argument that yes, he owns a motorhome -
    I said as much a week ago
    Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    At the end of the day, I think that even lies must be somewhat grounded in truth. I think it unlikely that Rob doesn’t even own a motorhome, as he keeps talking about traveling in one and conceding that he owns a motorhome and not a real home. Why he chose to present pictures of this one for sale instead of his own, at the moment only he knows the answer to that.
    - still, that one he posted the interior of was clearly the 2008 one MaxPen found for sale - so right there that tells you that he doesn't want to show us whatever it is that he really owns, the assumption being that whatever he has isn't as nice as what he wanted us to think he owns.
    I tell you it’s wonderful to be here, man. I don’t give a damn who wins or loses. It’s just wonderful to be here with you people.

MDawg Adventures carry on at: https://www.truepassage.com/forums/f.../46-IPlayVegas

Originally Posted by The Boz View Post
    It looks like it’s down to me and Mickey believing a few people are going to look a little foolish at some point. I’m not willing to bet one way or the other, which tells you something as I would bet on two dogs fucking if it was a fair bet.

Too many unknowns here but regardless of the outcome, I personally won’t say he or a close family member doesn’t own the Motorhome in question at this point.

I gave the man as much shit as anyone over his VP “system” over the years as it didn’t make mathematical sense. This feels different to me.

Time will tell one way or another.
    Boz, I could care less, but that doesn't mean I do not have a preference. I would love to see Rob shove it up this forum's ass.

Originally Posted by MDawg View Post
    Well there are some people who want that luxury motor home lifestyle and will spend, say, a half million on one versus buying a home. My cousin is that type of person and considered doing exactly that at one point in his life about twenty years ago - socking every nickel he had at that time into a motor home and giving up on a stationary existence. But by and large such people are going to buy a used one, for example that 2011 Newell that Rob claims he bought in 2013, for $1.3M is now worth less than a third of that.

If you don't want a house, like the motor home lifestyle, and you're a cash type person and somehow you accumulated five hundred grand I could see buying a used luxury motor home - whoever buys this 2011 Newell this fall that Rob owns is going to pay maybe four hundred K for it.

But just coming out of a bankruptcy as Rob had, and then supposedly getting together, as you point out, after taxes around $1.7M and then putting it all into a two year old motor home at practically full price does not compute, which is why I made my comparison to doing something like that, and Hooker's blowing the three grand he made off that grift in The Sting on one spin of a crooked roulette wheel.

Over all, given that I have now done a little reading on how Kane and Nestor unearthed the double up bug, and how quickly they were discovered and outed even for taking just a half million, I think the odds of anyone else both discovering this bug and taking advantage of it for years are very remote.

Consider also - if Rob really did unearth this bug and take advantage of it over years (which implies a very slow and drawn out take), saved most all of it and not spent it along the way - lot of IFs - and especially given his age, and that he had been through a bankruptcy, I'd think that he'd value money much greater than for him to just plop practically all he'd managed to scrape together into a motor home that he must have known would depreciate mightily.
    That’s why this story is the story that keeps on giving. Lol

There are so many different angles to it, you can attack about any part of it.

This morning for whatever reason I was thinking about that squeegee in the shower of the Newell. I hadn’t noticed it before but I remember I think Monet said it was in the exact same place in Rob’s photos and the RV dealership photos. I checked and sure enough it was.

Again, there were so many things the same between the Rob’s and the dealership’s photos that this didn’t really matter, but I found something funny about even the squeegee being in the exact same place.

I'm glad that Mr Crimm brought up Mr Singer's tax history on this forum. Back in the old days, before he claimed to have discovered the DUB and before he claimed to have net profits of about $466,000 per year from the DUB, Mr Singer modestly claimed net profits of about $100K per year.

Mr Singer also claimed that he used Schedule C deductions as a professional gambler to not pay a dime on that $100k of profits each year. Mr Singer also claimed he survived several IRS audits when his Schedule C deductions included groceries, dinner with his wife, parties and other activities most of us would not consider to be relevant to Schedule C business activities and expenses.

I once asked on this forum if Mr Singer also wrote off enough expenses on his Schedule C so he paid no taxes on the $466,000 per year from the DUB? He did not respond.

He has an explanation for everything else. But he has no tax records.

It's all so convenient.

Yes, Monet was impressed with the cleanliness of the shower, but let's give credit where credit is due. MaxPen was the individual who commented about the immovable squeegee. Heck, in the other thread I actually gave credit to you, Bob21, regarding the squeegee sighting. Jeez, this shower had more eyes on it than the girls locker room in Porky's.

The only reason I remember this is that I poured myself a drink and read the first half of that thread yesterday afternoon. Much better than TV.

Mickeycrimm, YOU just look pathetic now. The move you try to defend Rob, the more you name call, just makes you look more and more desperate, more embarrassed. And you should be embarrassed. You were a respected, admired AP and you have thrown all your credibility away by playing these troll games protecting someone that you know is lying and full of shit.

Rob took pictures of himself in a RV on the dealership floor pretending it was his own. End of fucking story! That is a knockout. He has already been counted out. Everything now, is just trolling and you proving how dishonest you are.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

This story has transitioned from "more hurt..." to most pathetic. In order to continue believing that there's any truth to Singer's claims is akin to believing the Earth is flat. There's a better chance that we never went to the moon than Singer owns that Newell he posed in.
    I am glad to have been the one to undeniably expose this 20 year troll of trolls. He screwed up and there is no way to get around it. Not even David Copperfield could make Rob's pics in that Newell believable. Especially when one does any research of what exactly a Newell is.
    Rob has always been careful to give himself outs thru-out the years. He finally fucked up. His desperate attempt to build a legacy went up in smoke with a poor choice of using an item that is way too exclusive to build a lie around. He should have rented one for a day and took some better pics and what not. You can rent a Newell for $5k a day, $25k a week, and $100k per month.
    It's really sad that this dude has felt the need to try and deceive people for so long. There are numerous people that can attest to the fact that I told them Rob owned a tow behind Winnebago camper way before Rob ever brought this to light online. I pretty much don't say shit unless I know it's true. And I know for a fact that Rob owns no property. Him and his wife left their last apartment in 2011. They hit the road in a camper. They reside primarily with their daughter and her husband. There is no evidence of Rob ever achieving the financial success of the average American. He is below average in every financial aspect.
    His lack of financial success is really not worth mentioning other than for the fact that his whole sack of lies is built upon it being true. He deserves props for raising a daughter willing to take care of her parents as they age.
    Last edited by MaxPen; 05-24-2020 at 11:32 AM.

Originally Posted by Deech View Post
    MaxPen was the individual who commented about the immovable squeegee.
    MaxPen commented about the squeegee?? Only about 100 times!! MaxPen is obsessed with that damn squeegee.

It is a small thing, but yet a very big thing. One of several "undeniable truths".
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Mickeycrimm, YOU just look pathetic now. The move you try to defend Rob, the more you name call, just makes you look more and more desperate, more embarrassed. And you should be embarrassed. You were a respected, admired AP and you have thrown all your credibility away by playing these troll games protecting someone that you know is lying and full of shit.

Rob took pictures of himself in a RV on the dealership floor pretending it was his own. End of fucking story! That is a knockout. He has already been counted out. Everything now, is just trolling and you proving how dishonest you are.
    First off KJ, will you get off this “respected AP” shit. You are so hung up on that. Being respected or not never made anyone a dollar. And I guarantee Mickey doesn’t give a shit what you or others who disagree with him think. People KNOW Mickey knows his shit, it was or will never be in doubt. He threw nothing away.

You on the other hand are going down the same road you always end up on, and always end up at the same point. Show me one person who respects you. Ask anyone in the Gambling Forum “Community” to describe you in one or two words. Respected AP isn’t going to be at the top of the list. And I don’t just mean on this forum, try any forum. Or people who know of the forums.

Perhaps you should look at yourself before you call Mickey pathetic.

Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    This story has transitioned from "more hurt..." to most pathetic. In order to continue believing that there's any truth to Singer's claims is akin to believing the Earth is flat. There's a better chance that we never went to the moon than Singer owns that Newell he posed in.
    I am glad to have been the one to undeniably expose this 20 year troll of trolls. He screwed up and there is no way to get around it. Not even David Copperfield could make Rob's pics in that Newell believable. Especially when one does any research of what exactly a Newell is.
    Rob has always been careful to give himself outs thru-out the years. He finally fucked up. His desperate attempt to build a legacy went up in smoke with a poor choice of using an item that is way too exclusive to build a lie around. He should have rented one for a day and took some better pics and what not. You can rent a Newell for $5k a day, $25k a week, and $100k per month.
    It's really sad that this dude has felt the need to try and deceive people for so long. There are numerous people that can attest to the fact that I told them Rob owned a tow behind Winnebago camper way before Rob ever brought this to light online. I pretty much don't say shit unless I know it's true. And I know for a fact that Rob owns no property. Him and his wife left there last apartment in 2011. They hit the road in a camper. They reside primarily with their daughter and her husband. There is no evidence of Rob having ever achieving the financial success of the average American. He is below average in every financial aspect.
    His lack of financial success is really not worth mentioning other than for the fact that his whole sack of lies is built upon it being true. He deserves props for raising a daughter willing to take care of her parents as they age.
    Everything MaxPen says here is 100% correct. I get that most of you people haven't looked into Rob. Maybe you don't care. Maybe you don't think that is right to do. Maybe you don't want to know the truth because you enjoy all the games being played. It is fair to look into Rob because of his 20 years of preposterous claims.

And I think it is fair to report some of these discrepancies as I and MaxPen have done. There are many more things anyone can discover that wants to bother that are lies that Rob has told. Like MaxPen said, there is no evidence of this fantastic career that he claims. Even the colleges he claims to have attended are in dispute. One of them has no record of someone with his name ever attending. There is a lot more, but most of the stuff, doesn't pertain to directly contradicting Rob's claims, so I haven't mentioned it. I don't think that is fair to do.

But make no mistake about it everything this person posting as Rob Singer has claimed and almost everything he has said about himself is made up and not reality based on his real name and identity. Rob Singer is a pen name. That is how Rob has always described it. Robert Argentino believes he is a fiction writer and this Rob Singer that he has invented is a fictional character in a long running work of fiction.

And making a dollar never made anyone respected. Some people want to be the Kingpin. Some people want to be Spider-Man.

I am mightily impressed with the forensics investigation on this site. I would never have caught all of the handwriting stuff or the characteristics of the paper used. The posing was pretty bad, but I figured "Singer," because he was so obsessed with the Newell schtick, had to know somebody who owned or would lend him a Newell. I mean, it wasn't beyond the realm of possibility that the old GT publisher, for example, would have had one. But he's no longer with us.

I don't have anything to contribute, really, other than that if someone owned a Newell, it likely would not have been stored at home unless you're living with J.R. and the other Ewings at Southfork. So there would be a professional RV storage site paper trail since its purchase.

Originally Posted by Deech View Post
    MaxPen was the individual who commented about the immovable squeegee.
    MaxPen commented about the squeegee?? Only about 100 times!! MaxPen is obsessed with that damn squeegee.

It is a small thing, but yet a very big thing. One of several "undeniable truths".
    Okay, I stand corrected. MaxPen gets the credit for the squeegee. It was a good find. There was something about seeing that squeegee in the shower in both photos in the exact same spot that just cracked me up.

And I think this is a lesson for anybody that posts photos here to prove something. You better make sure they prove it or are you’re going to be taken down. Lol

First off KJ, will you get off this “respected AP” shit. You are so hung up on that. Being respected or not never made anyone a dollar. And I guarantee Mickey doesn’t give a shit what you or others who disagree with him think. People KNOW Mickey knows his shit, it was or will never be in doubt. He threw nothing away.

You on the other hand are going down the same road you always end up on, and always end up at the same point. Show me one person who respects you. Ask anyone in the Gambling Forum “Community” to describe you in one or two words. Respected AP isn’t going to be at the top of the list. And I don’t just mean on this forum, try any forum. Or people who know of the forums.

Concur. KJ makes it sound like being respected by this community is like having peer reviewed papers shot down by the scientific community.

And you know: there is nothing wrong with owning a Winnebago pull behind type RV or camper or whatever the proper term is. Personally I didn't know Winnebago made those. I was only familiar with the all inclusive big driving vehicles. That lifestyle seems like a pretty good retired life. spend different parts of the year in different locations avoiding the extremes of winter and summer. That sounds like a pretty good retirement. We have snowbirds here in Vegas for anywhere from 3-6 months at various RV parks. I could see myself doing that in retirement, or semi-retirement.

Like I said, nothing wrong with that at all. EXCEPT it doesn't fit into Rob's long running troll of made up successes.

Originally Posted by dannyj View Post

Concur. KJ makes it sound like being respected by this community is like having peer reviewed papers shot down by the scientific community.
    Some people do it for the accolades and notoriety. Most of us prefer to be the unknown to those people and just do our jobs.

Boz, what this comes down to is Rob is a failed AP. That is the one thing he has been honest about. As a degenerate gambler, he wanted to be an advantage player, winning money from the casinos. And he tried for 6 years was it? But he couldn't do it, my guess because he couldn't divorce himself from those degenerate gambling behaviors. And he became very bitter towards people like Dancer, and subsequently all AP's, so he started making up these bullshit stories.

The stories didn't make sense, defied math and thus frequently changed as he tried to explain them. Real advantage players have a right to call out these stories as bullshit. For the most part advantage play, no matter what you are doing is a grind. Fairly small advantage. And anyone who choses to engage in this lifestyle works hard for not that much money. Almost everyone (I am probably the exception) could make much more money doing something else. We have a right, I think even a responsibility, to call out these fantasy made up stories and claims. And I wont apologize for doing that. If you think that makes me less credible, so be it. That is your choice.

Now Mickey is an AP. A great AP, with amazing mathematical abilities that I am in awe of. He knows the math. And he knows 99% of Rob's claims defied the math. And Mickey rightfully called Rob out on that for decades.

This double up bug claim is the first claim that doesn't defy the math. And for good reason. Rob stole someone else's real claim that he read about. Rob's claims have been escalating for years. Constantly changing and escalating. His original Singer system started out just under a million dollars over 10 years and grew to just about 1.5 million over 10 years. Go back and look! Even the RV started out being about a Million dollars and then grew to 1.5 million.

These claims changed and grew over time. Always growing grander. More fantastic. And when people believing or entertaining his claims grew to an all time low, Rob shifted and came up with an entirely new claim that he stole from the news stories. That is all this is. Like I said, Rob thinks he is a fiction writer and this is all a work of fiction. And "Rob Singer" is the James Bond like fictional character.

x1000

Thread Information