Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Challenge to KJ over Singer

Not side-tracked at all. It's all a non-issue for me. I'm just correcting Andrew as to the law.

Originally Posted by kewlJ View Post
    Originally Posted by regnis View Post
    Exactly--the gift over the annual exclusion is a "taxable" gift. However you don't pay gift tax. Rather, it uses up a part of your lifetime exclusion which is now in excess of 11 million.
    You guys are arguing over something that didn't happen! It doesn't even matter what the taxable gift exclusion amount is. There was no tax gift! In 2011, Rob lived in a used RV (not a Newell) in a low rent RV park in Pahrump, Nevada (the arm pit of the world). That is the same year he got busted for food stamp fraud.

Don't allow Rob and his co-conspirators to get you guys side tracked like this.
    It's my fault. I should have been more clear in my original response.

They are quoting the new gift tax exclusion which did not exist when the $1.3-million Newell was supposedly gifted.

I went thru the steps showing the changes. I just should have quoted the 2011 tax code.

Exactly--the gift over the annual exclusion is a "taxable" gift. However you don't pay gift tax. Rather, it uses up a part of your lifetime exclusion which is now in excess of 11 million.
    You guys are arguing over something that didn't happen! It doesn't even matter what the taxable gift exclusion amount is. There was no tax gift! In 2011, Rob lived in a used RV (not a Newell) in a low rent RV park in Pahrump, Nevada (the arm pit of the world). That is the same year he got busted for food stamp fraud.

Sorry. I have to correct bad math or bad tax advice. It's how I roll.

Not side-tracked at all. It's all a non-issue for me. I'm just correcting Andrew as to the law.
    yeah, I am not blaming you specifically regnis. To your credit, you have been involved in this very little if all all. I am just frustrated with the fools on this forum. You watched this go down for god sakes. Rob was pressured in to providing some kind of evidence and he posted pictures of himself in a RV at a dealership claiming it was his RV. He followed that up with a phony sales receipt from a company that went bankrupt and stopped selling RV's 4 years prior to the date claimed.

And having witnessed this with there own eyes, there are now nut jobs on this forum, saying "well maybe this happened" or "maybe that", or "I'll bet He still owns this or someone in his family does"

I am dealing with people that refuse to see reality when they see it with their own eyes. You guys deserve this nonsense and this troll that is Rob Singer.

Here is a question for you? Why did the second set of Singer Photos not go up at WoV....only here. because Mike said enough of this game.

Now I am off to dinner, so continue your twilight zone alternative reality games.

One final thing: The guy went to a dealership 7 miles from his home and took pictures of himself in a RV on the dealership floor. See the light people. And if you can't see the light then squeegee the damn window and let the light in.
    Dan Druff: "there's no question that MDawg has been an obnoxious braggart, and has rubbed a ton of people the wrong way. There's something missing from his stories. Either they're fabricated, grossly exaggerated, or largely incomplete".

Originally Posted by AndrewG View Post

It's my fault. I should have been more clear in my original response.

They are quoting the new gift tax exclusion which did not exist when the $1.3-million Newell was supposedly gifted.

I went thru the steps showing the changes. I just should have quoted the 2011 tax code.
    Right. It was only 5 million per spouse. Far more than the alleged RV. Your response indicated they'd be liable for anything above 11,000. You obviously didn't understand the lifetime exclusion. By the way are you really Alan Mendelson? MoneyLA from the old LVA boards? Long time dude!

Originally Posted by unowme View Post
    Originally Posted by MaxPen View Post
    Originally Posted by Rob.Singer View Post
    Reading thru the last few pages here nearly had me buckled over in laughter. And in the midst of all this is Alan admitting he's Andrew--the one and the same little man who takes his multiple failures in life out on women. Too bad he finally met his match in LV.

Everybody at least get your stories straight. Especially you Max. You spend so much time worrying about what I've done and the things I've bought that it's given you a few new dance steps.

I don't really know what this supposed bet is all about so here's the devastating synopsis for my detractors.

2011--we ordered a new Monaco class A to become full-timers for as long as we could take it. Our house sold within two weeks so we moved into an apt. Then the RV arrived early so I chose to break the short term lease to begin our new way of life. We went to Pahrump to learn RV living and after 9 months we took off on the road.

After a year the Monaco was one big lemon with massive failures and breakdowns (sounds like Alan right?) so I drove it back to the dealer and said goodbye. That's when we made the decision to get a premium RV.

Again, it's a 2011 just as the paperwork says. I put the title into a family member's name just as I do with most assets. We're not young any more, and gifting others is a great way to save them a bunch of hassle upon both our deaths. If anyone can't see the logic in that then you own next to nothing and have no family.

I learned to hate driving class A's. I never drove anything bigger than a full size sedan until the Monaco, and the 45' Newell hauling even a smaller car is a nightmare to me. That's why I almost always hire someone or ask our son to be a driver.

Everyone's fascination with all this is a hoot. Why does anybody care what I own or drive or what I do? I can tell you that the deeper you look the worse you'll feel, because my wife and I represent that part of America who've worked hard and earned what we do in retirement. And if any of you can't handle what I did with the DU play then I offer you my deepest condolences.

I have never seen or heard of any Newell being for rent or lease. My son is in the rig at this moment on his way to see friends in and nearby Texas.

Everyone is now all the more wiser. And I'll be clear. Other than one dinner I have set up, you really don't want to be bothering me and/or my wife.

And yes max, I'm certainly the luckiest man alive. Every RV park we stop at has one of those "elusive" Newell RV's.
    Sorry bruh. That bullshit shoveling is not working. And yes Newells are able to be rented for $5k per day, $25k per week, $100k per month. How does an owner of one of the rarest RVs not know this?
    I like how you think it's beneficial to load up a kid with increased liabilities....LMAO
    Your understanding of finance is always laughable. The Bill of Sale you tried to pass off was the best though.
    When can we meet up to check out the Newell?
    If nothing else we'll sit around the campfire outside the tow behind thing and roast some marshmallows and have a good laugh at your attempted con.

Edit:
    So, 6 years is a short term apartment lease?
    Maybe you and The Boz and Axel and Rob can go on road trip in Rob's RV...whatever it may be.
    I call dibs on sleeping outside under the stars. I'm pretty sure that black thing is the shitter.

Name:  IMG_1929.JPG
Views: 493
Size:  361.5 KB

KewlJ, so judgemental! Pahrump has a fine collection of brothels. If you pay enough, you can get a half-and-half bug or a double-up. I've never actually been to Pahrump, but I did shop online for property there maybe 15 years ago. You could get a house next to the golf course for about 50K at the time. Of course, the golf course had almost no grass. It was different.

Ahem, gentlemen, I hate to do the "paying attention to what someone actually said" thing, but you may have missed a fairly important mention by "Singer." It turns out that he has "almost always" been paying someone to drive the Newell when his son has been unavailable.

That should yield some interesting discussions. Sounds as if someone may not want to be behind the wheel when interested parties arrive. It's possible the Newell "owner" may not actually be able to drive the Newell.

As someone who has driven quite a few moving trucks, I can sympathize. Once you get beyond 30-feet (most rental companies top off at 26), it can be a nightmare.

Hmmm, that reminds me. My brothers have CDLs. A 45-foot Newell (as "Singer" quoted in the post above), I guess that might actually require a special license in certain states. Of course, I don't know the law, but boy, a 45-footer would be tough. Might need one of them there special licensing deals.

And I guess if somebody knew that, and didn't have one, they'd have to come up with a good reason to not have one, and, well, I'm sure you boys can take it from here.

Originally Posted by redietz View Post
    Ahem, gentlemen, I hate to do the "paying attention to what someone actually said" thing, but you may have missed a fairly important mention by "Singer." It turns out that he has "almost always" been paying someone to drive the Newell when his son has been unavailable.

That should yield some interesting discussions. Sounds as if someone may not want to be behind the wheel when interested parties arrive. It's possible the Newell "owner" may not actually be able to drive the Newell.

As someone who has driven quite a few moving trucks, I can sympathize. Once you get beyond 30-feet (most rental companies top off at 26), it can be a nightmare.

Hmmm, that reminds me. My brothers have CDLs. A 45-foot Newell (as "Singer" quoted in the post above), I guess that might actually require a special license in certain states. Of course, I don't know the law, but boy, a 45-footer would be tough. Might need one of them there special licensing deals.

And I guess if somebody knew that, and didn't have one, they'd have to come up with a good reason to not have one, and, well, I'm sure you boys can take it from here.
    Just add that to the many holes in the block of Swiss. There's really only one needed though.

https://www.rvtrader.com/listing/200...1-2-5011338393

It's always been my understanding that if you're only modeling in a Newell, you don't need to get a special license. But I haven't looked at the law lately to see if that still holds.

The Winnebago Minnie Winnie requires no special license. Just hook that bad boy to your hitch and hit the open road. Be sure to show what a baller you are by pointing out some $200 fog lights on your pick em' up truck.

I'm thinking the shitter in a Newell costs more than one these things.

https://claz.org/portland/rvs/2017-w...6oakdnjf2.html
    Last edited by MaxPen; 05-25-2020 at 09:44 PM.

From the penthouse

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

To the outhouse

Name:  37a3cb01659a4cb97dbd39b41ad97f39.jpg
Views: 417
Size:  98.7 KB

That's some legit downsizing.

I wonder if the Minnie Winnies come with a free squeegee?
    Is there room in the shower for the squeegee?

I really feel sorry for the wife. "Honey, pack your bags. We gotta hit the road and ditch out on this rent. Something went haywire with the gambling system. And when I say bag that means one. The GOAT camper I bought only has cubbies. I already talked to our girl and she said that she'd let me setup a room with my old CBs. We'll stay there every now and then. She gave me the Wi-Fi password. The rest of the time we'll see the country on our Social Security checks. I'll sneak around the campground on the lookout for Newells so I can snap a pic outside the field of vision of any possible occupants. Then I can try and fool people on the internet."
    Last edited by MaxPen; 05-25-2020 at 10:38 PM.

From the penthouse

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

To the outhouse

I really feel sorry for the wife. "Honey, pack your bags. We gotta hit the road and ditch out on this rent. Something went haywire with the gambling system. And when I say bag that means one. The GOAT camper I bought only has cubbies. I already talked to our girl and she said that she'd let me setup a room with my old CBs. We'll stay there every now and then. She gave me the Wi-Fi password. The rest of the time we'll see the country on our Social Security checks. I'll sneak around the campground on the lookout for Newells so I can snap a pic outside the field of vision of any possible occupants. Then I can try and fool people on the internet."
    Many years ago While in washing I decided to look for an RV to drive back to Vegas hoping to take my time while stopping along the way at places I had never been.

I found a really good deal on a 35 foot Winni. It was a hundred miles away in Seattle Washington. I knew it wouldn't last, so I bought a bus tickets the next day to Seattle to check it out. I brought cash with the intentions I've been buying it, assuming it was as advertised.

I had never owed or driven one before. My father is an expert on RVs and a he's a professional certified mechanic. He coached me on what to look for and check, he agreed if it was 70% as good as advertised, it was an excellent deal and I could probably sell it at a profit after using it. He was even interested somewhat himself.

As far as I could tell, everything looked great, everything worked including the generator, air conditioning, Heating, I didn't notice any rust or rotting, all the sinks worked, the tires were good and whatever else I can't think of. It started right up and sounded good, so I bought it on the spot.

I had no plans what to do next, I just knew I had to get it back to my dads house 100 miles away. So with No experience, no insurance and expired tags, I said fuck it and off I went back to my dads house.

I knew RV'S required significantly more reaction time and stopping distance than a normal car or truck, but It didn't take long to realize the breaks were abnormally horrible. Along with being paranoid that I would get pulled over for expired tags, I had to worry about having no experience, horrible brakes while driving through the heart of Seattle and Tacoma through town and on the freeway. That was the scariest 100 miles of my life.

I told my dad's about the bad brakes, so he took it for a spin. It didn't take very long for him to come back. As he stepped out of the motorhome... he just looked at me said, "you're lucky to be alive kid." he then just shook his head and walked away.

I never did drive it back to Vegas, because I ended up selling it for more than I bought it for to some scary hillbilly family who were looking for a new home(I s*** you not). That was a crazy story in and of itself.

More weirdness from the weirdo.
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    From the penthouse

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

To the outhouse

Many years ago While in washing I decided to look for an RV to drive back to Vegas hoping to take my time while stopping along the way at places I had never been.

I found a really good deal on a 35 foot Winni. It was a hundred miles away in Seattle Washington. I knew it wouldn't last, so I bought a bus tickets the next day to Seattle to check it out. I brought cash with the intentions I've been buying it, assuming it was as advertised.

I had never owed or driven one before. My father is an expert on RVs and a he's a professional certified mechanic. He coached me on what to look for and check, he agreed if it was 70% as good as advertised, it was an excellent deal and I could probably sell it at a profit after using it. He was even interested somewhat himself.

As far as I could tell, everything looked great, everything worked including the generator, air conditioning, Heating, I didn't notice any rust or rotting, all the sinks worked, the tires were good and whatever else I can't think of. It started right up and sounded good, so I bought it on the spot.

I had no plans what to do next, I just knew I had to get it back to my dads house 100 miles away. So with No experience, no insurance and expired tags, I said fuck it and off I went back to my dads house.

I knew RV'S required significantly more reaction time and stopping distance than a normal car or truck, but It didn't take long to realize the breaks were abnormally horrible. Along with being paranoid that I would get pulled over for expired tags, I had to worry about having no experience, horrible brakes while driving through the heart of Seattle and Tacoma through town and on the freeway. That was the scariest 100 miles of my life.

I told my dad's about the bad brakes, so he took it for a spin. It didn't take very long for him to come back. As he stepped out of the motorhome... he just looked at me said, "you're lucky to be alive kid." he then just shook his head and walked away.

I never did drive it back to Vegas, because I ended up selling it for more than I bought it for to some scary hillbilly family who were looking for a new home(I s*** you not). That was a crazy story in and of itself.
    Haha. So I bought a minnie winnie RV. A hoopty. No, don't live in it. I haven't sold it.

It also had the brake issue when I took it home. I thought I wouldn't mind driving it around after fixing the brakes. Nerve-wracking. One of the convex mirrors was missing creating a huge blind spot on the passenger side. Literally impossible to see a largish field of view. (think about taking a u-turn under a highway, then needing to yield to traffic but having no way to see the traffic.) It is so heavy the thing won't slide but not pleasant to drive. It still feels like the brakes don't work that well but people more experienced say they're fine.

The pull-behind camper shown in the pics are far nicer than the pop-up Rob has. A pop-up won't have the cabinets and such. TBH I've never been inside a pop-up. It'd be nice if Rob would show those pics and be honest for once in his life.

You are all Newell Bots!
    After searching Newell RV's on the internet, I am now bombarded with emails and advertisements.
    You guys are very clever Newell RV Salesmen!

Originally Posted by accountinquestion View Post
    Originally Posted by AxelWolf View Post
    From the penthouse

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

To the outhouse

Haha. So I bought a minnie winnie RV. A hoopty. No, don't live in it. I haven't sold it.

It also had the brake issue when I took it home. I thought I wouldn't mind driving it around after fixing the brakes. Nerve-wracking. One of the convex mirrors was missing creating a huge blind spot on the passenger side. Literally impossible to see a largish field of view. (think about taking a u-turn under a highway, then needing to yield to traffic but having no way to see the traffic.) It is so heavy the thing won't slide but not pleasant to drive. It still feels like the brakes don't work that well but people more experienced say they're fine.

The pull-behind camper shown in the pics are far nicer than the pop-up Rob has. A pop-up won't have the cabinets and such. TBH I've never been inside a pop-up. It'd be nice if Rob would show those pics and be honest for once in his life.
    I'm definitely no RV expert. Although, I have gotten one hell of an introductory lesson this past week. But I don't think Grandpa Newell's rig is a pop-up, meaning collapsible. I'm pretty sure the "rig" in this link is what he has. Maybe a year or so off.

Any experts want to settle what exactly is in the picture Man Servant Crimm posted up?

The Winnebago Minnie Winnie requires no special license. Just hook that bad boy to your hitch and hit the open road. Be sure to show what a baller you are by pointing out some $200 fog lights on your pick em' up truck.
    I do think MaxPen brings up a good point that lends some credibility to the amount of money Rob won exploiting the DUB.

Even after spending $1.5 million for a Newell, Rob still had some money left over to buy some fog lights for his truck. I actually think these fog lights should be part of any bet going forward. It could be included with the verification bet that Rob or someone in his family owns a Newell.

This way if Rob isn’t able to prove he owns a 2011 Newell, he might be able to prove he owns the $200 fog lights, and he’ll have met 50% of the terms of the bet, and at least been able to save some face.

It's time to play Guess that Rig....
    A featured spin-off of As Grandpa Newell's Dreams Turn

Here is what Man Servant Crimm posted up

Name:  
Views: 
Size:

This is what I think it is

Name:  5f70b6ce7f7f6bb5020023c13039a055.jpg
Views: 828
Size:  102.2 KB

More details found at this link
    Last edited by MaxPen; 05-26-2020 at 07:42 AM.

Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    I do think MaxPen brings up a good point that lends some credibility to the amount of money Rob won exploiting the DUB.

Even after spending $1.5 million for a Newell, Rob still had some money left over to buy some fog lights for his truck. I actually think these fog lights should be part of any bet going forward. It could be included with the verification bet that Rob or someone in his family owns a Newell.

This way if Rob isn’t able to prove he owns a 2011 Newell, he might be able to prove he owns the $200 fog lights, and he’ll have met 50% of the terms of the bet, and at least been able to save some face.
    The only bugs Rob doubled up were the roaches in his apartment before skipping out on rent.

Thread Information