Originally Posted by wasilla View Post
Originally Posted by dannyj View Post
Originally Posted by wasilla View Post

Makes sense. I see I didn't segue into the question. If anyone has a link to it, I'd like to see it too.
Wasilla - here is a link.

https://thebl.com/politics/rasmussen...f-rioting.html

Something else stood out in your post the other day regarding that poll and my "joke" about the lack of coverage. You said:

You were right that I wouldn't see it on MSNBC

So you seem to acknowledge that MSNBC would not even show a favorable black support Trump poll.
The lie of omission, not just about a poll like this, but about countless other examples show that MSNBC will only air "news" that harms the president.
I'm saying I didn't see the poll on MSNBC. Can't say it wasn't covered at all, but I haven't seen it. Just like you joked I wouldn't. MSNBC does not just air news that harms the president. As I indicated, I had seen the job's report, and no one was accusing it of being a fake report. Later information was added that furloughed workers were mistakenly put in as employed numbers. No one was attacking the office of producing pro-Trump propaganda. It was reported as an honest mistake that will be corrected in next month's report. Do you recall what commentators on Fox were saying about positive job reports 4 years ago?

I strive to be an honest broker of information dannyj. I'm comfortable enough with what I believe to listen to people who disagree with me. I have little tolerance for alternate facts, I don't think that facts are relative. I do have a lot of tolerance for admitting that I'm wrong. I do think that there are facts that I don't know about. and learning them may change what I believe. We aren't going to agree what every fact means though. I suspect that a poll that shows 40% Black support for Trump is an outlier. MSNBC anchors may think the same thing. If it is accurately representing a surge in Black support for Trump then other polls will pick up on it and it will become lead stories on MSNBC. You would have heard about it before me, but I would learn about it. Since I like to learn about things sooner than later, I asked you about the link and appreciate you responding.

If you want to respectfully ask me if I know about certain facts that you think may be opinion changing, I can play along. Doesn't mean that I'll agree with you about what mean. There are even several things presented on this board as fact that are actually counterfactual. I don't think you were being disrespectful in your question, but you hung a lot of baggage onto it. We could just ask each other if we know things and let history play out as to what was relevant and what was concealed.

I understand that I'm dismissed by many, and perhaps most on this board as just some dumbshit libtard who has to lie, only listen to liars, and strive to hide my ignorance. This differs from the opinion I have of myself. I'm a cop's kid from a conservative family, who lives in a very conservative community in a conservative state. I taught largely conservative inmates, run by a conservative staff, overseen by a conservative DOC administration. A big part of my job was helping my students make changes to make successful transitions. I was pretty good at that. This success required learning about what my students and reasoning with them. So the conservative people who thought that people could change and the world would be a better place if they did would value what I did. The conservatives who thought that Inmates were life long sacks of shit who deserved to be demeaned and disrespected, wished I'd just go away.

I keep on saying conservatives, right? My life hasn't allowed for a progressive vs conservative divide. The prison reform that me and my progressive friends embraced was brought into Alaska by conservatives for fiscal reasons. My state took a lot of advice from Texas who had previously discovered that "lock them up and throw away the key" sounded tough, but rehabilitation was a lot cheaper. I'm trying to hint that there is value in actually knowing and talking to people you disagree with politically. It reduces the animosity, moderates extremes, and allows for a more complete flow of information. Oftentimes conservatives and progressives are actually aiming at the same thing. These conservatives I've known often disagree with me. Some will consider what I say, and some have already made up their minds. What's interesting is that none of them accuse me of being stupid, dishonest, uninformed, cherry picking facts, or consulting some playbook. I'm not sure why so many people are so reluctant to engage a person over what he actually says and believes, as opposed to some caricature.

I'm not a good enough writer to convey tone. I'm not angry or dismissive of you dannyj. I disagree strongly with your characterization of an unreported poll equaling a lie of omission. Fox news conducts solid polls. I would not expect them to report every poll result that reports a surprising Biden surge. I would expect them to report that surge if it was subsequently supported by other polls. If they are going to report a poll that may well be an outlier, they will also want to compare it to other poll results and explain the concept of outliers to their viewers. News days are a bit crowded for that now days. Much of the rest of what I've written here is not inspired by you specifically, but this board in general.

Take care.

Thanks Wasilla. Great post.

Point taken about my characterization of an unreported poll equaling a lie of omission. I will say that I strongly believe that at least a couple (CNN & MSNBC) networks due to their hosts open contempt and hatred of the president constantly push negative stories and many (often) times don’t report the positive ones as they relate to trump. The lie of omission. And let’s face it, that’s what sells. Their audiences in general don’t like trump.

For what it’s worth I don’t have a problem with you at all. I kinda appreciate your style compared to others and though we probably don’t see eye to eye much on politics, that’s ok we don’t have to. That’s what makes a market.