Page 2 of 21 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast

Thread: Cable News

Of course, far lefty elites like redietz and darkoz arrogantly ridicule Fox News and it's viewers but why does Fox News dominate the Cable News ratings? Polls show a third of FNC's viewers are liberals. CNN nor MSNBC can claim that a third of their viewers are conservative. What's up with that?

It's the Fox News Formula. CNN and MSNBC won't touch this formula with a ten foot pole. With those two networks you get the liberal opinion exclusively. On Fox News YOU GET BOTH LIBERAL AND CONSERVATIVE OPINION. That's right, you get both. On FNC you get real debates between liberals and conservatives. You get them everyday. So no matter that viewers may want to hear conservative opinion they can't hear it without listening to liberal opinion. That's not how the other two networks operate. With them you get liberal opinion and that's pretty much it.

I'll start with just one liberal that appears regularly on FNC. His name is Chris Hahn. He's a tough lefty that makes most of CNN's liberals look like pussies. He mostly appears on the Ingraham Angle but is sometimes found on all the other prime time shows. Here he is is action:

"More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Originally Posted by Darkoz View Post
    Originally Posted by Bob21 View Post
    Originally Posted by mickeycrimm View Post

I've had a problem with trigger happy cops for decades. To many of them have gone scott free by prosecutor's failing to charge. I have a problem with police unions protecting bad cops. I don't think a cop has to make a kill shot when a suspect with a knife is not within striking distance. I'm for reforms in these areas but not for defunding police departments.

A white cop killing an unarmed black man is a rare event. Happened only 9 times last year. But about 7000 blacks were killed by other blacks last year. Where is the outrage, the protests? Do you understand the magnitude of difference in cops killing blacks vs. blacks killing blacks? It seems "Black Lives Matter," when one is killed by a cop, but "Black Lives Don't Matter" when blacks kill blacks. This is the stinging hypocrisy of the left.

The hard left don't care how many blacks kill blacks. They only care to scare blacks into voting democrat.
    Good post Mickey, and Bosox you made an excellent post too! The only place I don't agree with Mickey is with his statement that cops are too "trigger happy". This is a huge over generalization. If that's true why are blacks killing cops at 18 times the rate as cops killing blacks. You could make a strong case that cops are being killed at a high rate because they are too resistant to shoot and use force; that cop's problem is they aren't "trigger happy" enough.

The point is the media sensationalizes the isolated cases that happen where a cop was too "trigger happy", or "knee happy" in George Floyd's case.

I also think people are viewing the short video of Derek Chauvin's knee on George without putting it into context of what happened. Listening to the narrative of the press and many people on this site, you'd think Derek woke up that morning wanting to spend the rest of his life in jail. This is the only way his actions make sense, without putting them in context. Regardless if you believe Derek is a racist or not, I don't believe Derek wanted to commit suicide that day.

To recap what happened: George Floyd resisted arrest for 10 minutes. It's hard to find video of this, but I found some. Then after 10 minutes, it took 4 cops to subdue him. They did this by sitting on him. Even after the cops were sitting on him, George was still resisting. What everybody sees in the video is less than one minute of probably the last minutes of George's life. They are then told by the liberal media that this went on for close to 9 mins, but we aren't shown the previous 7 minutes so it's anybody's guess what really happened.

This is the same thing that happened with the Rodney King incident. At first the whole incident looked awful, since we only saw the video of the end of Rodney's encounter with the cops. We didn't see the video at the beginning, when Rodney was resisting arrest when he got out of his car, and when he was trying to fight multiple cops. Obviously, it makes no sense Rodney would do this, but he probably wasn't thinking right being high on drugs.

So the question the jury had to answer is which baton swing was over the top in trying to subdue a violent criminal that was high as a kite on drugs resisting arrest. This isn't an easy question to answer. That's why these cops were acquitted. I would have acquitted them too based on the evidence at that trial.

In a case like Rodney King, who are you going to side with? A criminal high on drugs attacking cops, or the cops trying to subdue him? MWP and accountinquestion don't need to answer, because I know they will always side with the bad guy.

This is the same situation with George Floyd. He was high as a kite on drugs and tried to take on an entire police force, and it didn't end well. Did the cops take it too far. Sure.

It'll be interesting to see how Derek's trial goes, because I expect his lawyer will use the same defense used for the cops in the Rodney King trial. At what point did Derek Chauvin take it too far? Does anybody really think Derek set out to kill a black man that morning? Why didn't George act like a rational human being when he was arrested, and get into the cop car, rather than resisting arrest. Why did so many cops have to sit on George to restrain him? There are still a lot of unanswered questions.

I'm not defending any of what I saw on the video, but for a country where we're supposed to believe in someone being "presumed innocent until proven guilty", I find it interesting how all the liberals in the media and on this site have already convicted Derek Chauvin without a trial. Or that's right, the idea of "presumed innocent until proven guilty" only applies to blacks who are high on drugs committing crimes and resisting arrest.
    Bob21.

Before I heard anything from liberal media I watched the entire TEN MINUTES video of him under the knee of Derek.

8 minutes and change of the knee and a minute of throwing his unconscious body on the gurney and wrapping up.

If you want I can post the link to the video.

For you to say Floyd was only under Derek knee for about a minute is simply not true
    Please reread my post, I never said Floyd was under Derek's knee for about a minute. I said I could only find about a minute of the video showing Derek's knee on George's neck. Yes, I would like to see the whole video. I've looked for it and can't find it.

And I agree everything I've heard is Derek had his knee on George's neck the whole time, but I've read where George was resisting. Please post the entire video. Thanks. Do you have the video where George was resisting arrest for 10 mins. I've only been able to find about 15 seconds of the video showing George resisting arrest.

And maybe I'm old school, but I still do believe in the concept of "innocent until proven guilty", especially in cases where cops are trying to arrest a criminal high on drugs resisting arrest.

Bob21

Reconstruction of events up till the main 10 minutes video. It's comprised of footage from CCTV sources etc

Here is the main video shot by a bystander that shows his last minutes alive uncut

Bob21

Reconstruction of events up till the main 10 minutes video. It's comprised of footage from CCTV sources etc

Here is the main video shot by a bystander that shows his last minutes alive uncut

Thank you for posting Darkoz! That's hard to watch. It's interesting that both races were trying to get the cop to take the knee off George. There was a white girl constantly telling the cop to stop it. Even the store owner, who called the cops, came out to try to get the cops to stop. It almost seemed like the cops became more resistant, the more the people on the street were yelling at them.

My guess is the cops get yelled at by people on the street in these neighbors so often they almost become tone deaf to it. You got to remember the liberals have made these places hellholes, so everybody - cops and civilians - have become insensitive to each other in these areas. It's hard for most of us to understand, because we don't live there and encounter this kind of stuff on almost a daily basis.

And just like we have laws to deal with civilians who commit crimes, we have laws to deal with this. I still don't take an isolated case by a cop doing something wrong and type cast all cops. The stats still show cops are at a much greater risk of being killed by blacks, than the other way around. Why don't liberals care about all the cops who've been killed by criminals. Where is that outrage?

I do think it's interesting that when cops do bad things they are convicted by the liberal media immediately, and you'll never hear the media say "innocent until proven guilty". But when there is footage of a criminal committing a crime, the media immediately comes to their defense, saying remember he's "innocent until proven guilty".

Bob21

Thank you for posting Darkoz! That's hard to watch. It's interesting that both races were trying to get the cop to take the knee off George. There was a white girl constantly telling the cop to stop it. Even the store owner, who called the cops, came out to try to get the cops to stop. It almost seemed like the cops became more resistant, the more the people on the street were yelling at them.

My guess is the cops get yelled at by people on the street in these neighbors so often they almost become tone deaf to it. You got to remember the liberals have made these places hellholes, so everybody - cops and civilians - have become insensitive to each other in these areas. It's hard for most of us to understand, because we don't live there and encounter this kind of stuff on almost a daily basis.

And just like we have laws to deal with civilians who commit crimes, we have laws to deal with this. I still don't take an isolated case by a cop doing something wrong and type cast all cops. The stats still show cops are at a much greater risk of being killed by blacks, than the other way around. Why don't liberals care about all the cops who've been killed by criminals. Where is that outrage?

I do think it's interesting that when cops do bad things they are convicted by the liberal media immediately, and you'll never hear the media say "innocent until proven guilty". But when there is footage of a criminal committing a crime, the media immediately comes to their defense, saying remember he's "innocent until proven guilty".
    I can't speak for Minneapolis. I live in NYC and I wouldn't characterize it as a hellhole, lol.

Aside from the current protest times there isn't too much yelling at the cops like you imagine.

Most citizens are quite friendly with the police. They certainly talk behind their backs but rarely to their faces. Truth be told no one wants some upset cop to suddenly make up a charge (noise nuisance or whatever)

However the protests are about a long history of minorities being treated as suspicious. NYC had a "stop and frisk" policy where officers could stop you simply because you looked suspicious (ie you didn't have to be observed committing a crime). Problem was they saw black people as suspicious so 80% of the stops were for black people just walking down the street.

I myself am a white male, mother of my children is black and I have two mixed kids.

One day I came home from the airport to my single unit home and saw my teenage son against the wall being frisked. I asked what was going on. They informed me they were looking for drugs because he was observed standing suspiciously in front of the building.

That's my son waiting for his father to arrive home so I could let him in!!! Imagine if you came home to your son being frisked because it was suspicious he was in front of his own house?

That is not the only story of cops doing racist things. I have seen a lot. My son has been stopped and frisked over a dozen times while I have never been stopped and frisked. BTW my son is a college graduate with an art and engineering degree. He has no criminal record. He gets stopped for one reason. He's black

that constant treatment can only lead to mistrust and anger.

There are plenty of good cops but they have a history of racial profiling. They kinds brought this on themselves

Bob21

I can't speak for Minneapolis. I live in NYC and I wouldn't characterize it as a hellhole, lol.

Aside from the current protest times there isn't too much yelling at the cops like you imagine.

Most citizens are quite friendly with the police. They certainly talk behind their backs but rarely to their faces. Truth be told no one wants some upset cop to suddenly make up a charge (noise nuisance or whatever)

However the protests are about a long history of minorities being treated as suspicious. NYC had a "stop and frisk" policy where officers could stop you simply because you looked suspicious (ie you didn't have to be observed committing a crime). Problem was they saw black people as suspicious so 80% of the stops were for black people just walking down the street.

I myself am a white male, mother of my children is black and I have two mixed kids.

One day I came home from the airport to my single unit home and saw my teenage son against the wall being frisked. I asked what was going on. They informed me they were looking for drugs because he was observed standing suspiciously in front of the building.

That's my son waiting for his father to arrive home so I could let him in!!! Imagine if you came home to your son being frisked because it was suspicious he was in front of his own house?

That is not the only story of cops doing racist things. I have seen a lot. My son has been stopped and frisked over a dozen times while I have never been stopped and frisked. BTW my son is a college graduate with an art and engineering degree. He has no criminal record. He gets stopped for one reason. He's black

There are plenty of good cops but they have a history of racial profiling. They kinds brought this on themselves
    I completely disagree with you. Part of this is life. All of us have had bad things happen to us. Yes, some more than others, but it has happened to all of us. This has nothing to do with keeping people down. We can either deal with it, or constantly complain and look for scapegoats to explain our failures in life. In general, conservative move forward in life and don't sit around and complain.

I've had bad experiences with cops too. When I was in graduate school and worked late, I'd drive to my apt through a park that was known to have drug dealers. Driving through the park was a short cut to my apartment, so I was never worried about it too much.

One night I had an avalanche of cops pull me over in the park and treat me like a criminal. They took me out of my car at gun point, spread me eagle on the car and frisked me. It caught me totally off guard. For a while I feared for my life because I didn't know what I had done. They intimidated me and accused me of being a drug dealer, and told me they were taking me to jail. There were at least 10 cop cars there, and I was scared. I knew whatever happened, it'd be my word against their's and I wasn't going to win. I actually thought about them shooting me and planting a gun. There were a lot of things running through my head. I stayed calm, and did not try to escalate the situation. I just wanted to get out of there alive.

Long story short, I wasn't arrested, and they finally let me go without taking me to jail. I mean I hadn't done anything. They searched me and my car and found nothing and finally let me go. I think I just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time as I was driving home that night, and they were expecting a drug dealer or something. I still don't know what happened. If I was black, I would have probably seen this as racial profiling. Maybe my car matched the drug dealer they were looking for, who knows? I was pulled over for zero cause and threatened for about 30 minutes while they were on their radios. Even when they let me go, they never said sorry or anything.

I could go through life hating cops, but I don't. I think what they did was way over the top that night, but I'm not going to go through my life worrying about it. Btw, I never drove through that park late at night again. That was the lesson I learned.

My roommate during graduate school was black, and he never had something like this happen to him. Who knows I might have lived in one of those twilight zone cities that profiled whites, and let blacks go.

I completely disagree with you. Part of this is life. All of us have had bad things happen to us. Yes, some more than others, but it has happened to all of us. This has nothing to do with keeping people down. We can either deal with it, or constantly complain and look for scapegoats to explain our failures in life. In general, conservative move forward in life and don't sit around and complain.

I've had bad experiences with cops too. When I was in graduate school and worked late, I'd drive to my apt through a park that was known to have drug dealers. Driving through the park was a short cut to my apartment, so I was never worried about it too much.

One night I had an avalanche of cops pull me over in the park and treat me like a criminal. They took me out of my car at gun point, spread me eagle on the car and frisked me. It caught me totally off guard. For a while I feared for my life because I didn't know what I had done. They intimidated me and accused me of being a drug dealer, and told me they were taking me to jail. There were at least 10 cop cars there, and I was scared. I knew whatever happened, it'd be my word against their's and I wasn't going to win. I actually thought about them shooting me and planting a gun. There were a lot of things running through my head. I stayed calm, and did not try to escalate the situation. I just wanted to get out of there alive.

Long story short, I wasn't arrested, and they finally let me go without taking me to jail. I mean I hadn't done anything. They searched me and my car and found nothing and finally let me go. I think I just happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time as I was driving home that night, and they were expecting a drug dealer or something. I still don't know what happened. If I was black, I would have probably seen this as racial profiling. Maybe my car matched the drug dealer they were looking for, who knows? I was pulled over for zero cause and threatened for about 30 minutes while they were on their radios. Even when they let me go, they never said sorry or anything.

I could go through life hating cops, but I don't. I think what they did was way over the top that night, but I'm not going to go through my life worrying about it. Btw, I never drove through that park late at night again. That was the lesson I learned.

My roommate during graduate school was black, and he never had something like this happen to him. Who knows I might have lived in one of those twilight zone cities that profiled whites, and let blacks go.
    I have seen racial accusations that came about because of black paranoia of the cops and also legit racially motivated treatment by the cops.

The problem becomes the injured nationality being able to separate the two. It's not easy!

Human foibles.

And I too had a situation with the cops like you described although yours was much worse. I also went on without freaking out but what if it had happened again? A dozen times?

You might start finding the police intrusive and untrustworthy.

It's a pleasure talking to you. We can disagree and still see the others point of view.

Bob21

Darkoz, perhaps what you look at as plenty of good cops who have a history of racial profiling may actually, in fact, be a grudge. I cannot speak for what went on in the state of New York but in Massachusetts court-ordered state mandated laws required quota systems requiring one minority hired for every white that was hired in civil service jobs like police and firefighters. This went on for decades, and higher test scores were no longer relevant in the decision-making process. Until the percentages of minorities of the population itself were also an equal representation of the civil service jobs within the large cities the quota stayed in effect. Many white civil servants with better scores were often hired a year or two after others because of that quota system. How did they look at the situation? They most likely thought that they themselves had nothing to do with the early jim crow laws from their ancestors and that two wrongs do not make a right. Thus animosity developed.

BoSox, what you state is true. I almost took the NYPD exam in the early 80's (while I was in college) but my father persuaded me to stick things at school. A score of 99 would not get a white Irishman onto the force. It was 100 or nothing. With all due respect, a college kid should get a score of 100. But, as the oldest of six, my job was to fight through for that degree. I laugh at how the reverse discrimination and/or quota system was slowly forming into place.

On the opposite end, it was humorous how the quota system blew up in Massachusetts in the late 80's (I was living here). A pair of Irish twins named Malone took the fireman's test in the early 80's. Their first attempt was not successful. Their second attempt got them on the squad. Ironically, the minimum score for acceptance to the fire department was 82. The twins scored 57 and 69. They were accepted. Not because politics were involved, but because they claimed on the testing form that they were black. Yes, two fair skinned Boston lads achieved their goal because they were "black Irish".

With all due respect, the urgency to get minorities on the squad probably superseded a quick background or visual check. The twins might have been able to put their 20 years in without notice but they made one stupid mistake. They put themselves on the list for black firefighters seeking a promotion. They were suspended immediately.

As an Independent, I would love to hear the CNN vs Fox News version of a white male failing a NYPD test with a score of 99 but a fake minority being accepted onto the Boston firefighters unit with a score of 57. The arguments would go on forever.

Example of same story being reported by CNN and FNC:

CNN: Store Owner Shoots Protestor

FNC: Gun Store Owner Shoots Armed Robber During Protests

And redietz thinks the FNC viewers are the dupes. Hahahahhahaha!!!
    "More importantly, mickey thought 8-4 was two games over .500. Argued about it. C'mon, man. Nothing can top that for math expertise. If GWAE ever has you on again, you can be sure I'll be calling in with that gem.'Nuff said." REDIETZ

Links to articles please???

CNN took theirs down when they got caught with the fake news then never reported on the story again.

Another way your news is slanted.

While the events subsequent to the George Floyd death can be described as protests, looting, and rioting, in covering the days long story the terms "riot, rioting, rioters" have not been used on CNN and MSNBC even one time while they have been used extensively on FNC.

Another big liberal voice on Fox News Channel is civil rights attorney, Leo Terrell. You will most likely see him on Hannity but he also appears on the other prime time shows. You would think since Fox dominates the ratings that CNN and MSNBC would copycat FNC with liberal vs. conservative debates but they won't touch it with a ten foot pole:

CNN took theirs down when they got caught with the fake news then never reported on the story again.
    How convenient.

So I am supposed to take your word for it?

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post

Darkoz, perhaps what you look at as plenty of good cops who have a history of racial profiling may actually, in fact, be a grudge. I cannot speak for what went on in the state of New York but in Massachusetts court-ordered state mandated laws required quota systems requiring one minority hired for every white that was hired in civil service jobs like police and firefighters. This went on for decades, and higher test scores were no longer relevant in the decision-making process. Until the percentages of minorities of the population itself were also an equal representation of the civil service jobs within the large cities the quota stayed in effect. Many white civil servants with better scores were often hired a year or two after others because of that quota system. How did they look at the situation? They most likely thought that they themselves had nothing to do with the early jim crow laws from their ancestors and that two wrongs do not make a right. Thus animosity developed.
    If I understand you correctly you argue the cops who were hired held a grudge because of affirmative action to get a higher percentage of minorities onto police forces?

You state two wrongs don't make a right which is ironic because you're stating the cops DID WRONG against minorities because they felt wronged.

Perhaps they weren't qualified to be cops if their mental hygiene was to hold a long-term grudge against a group of people receiving the benefits afforded them by their government (in fact is smacks of anti-government, not a good trait for cops to have?)

Assuming for a second that I care enough about a particular matter to research it, my tendency is to thoroughly read no fewer than ten articles about it, all from different sources. I usually go FOX, CNN and then about eight smaller independent sources, such as newspaper websites...I stay away from MSNBC because it's just an over-dramatic, and otherwise repetitive, version of whatever CNN is saying.

After that, I'll often look up the underlying law, bill or court documents related to the subject matter.

For me, that's why I can't really speak to a wide variety of matters. I don't have enough time to properly gather information on everything. I would say some 80% of folks on both sides just parrot whatever their preferred news source says, so it completely fails to be a substantive political conversation that touches on specifics and just becomes strictly partisan bickering.

How convenient.

I know for a fact you won't take my word for it.

How convenient.

I know for a fact you won't take my word for it.
    I was being open minded. I wanted to see this injustice for myself so I could determine if you were accurate in your statements.

And now the evidence is gone.

What else can I make of that.

Pretty certain if the role was reversed you would not just take my word for it either

Originally Posted by BoSox View Post

If I understand you correctly you argue the cops who were hired held a grudge because of affirmative action to get a higher percentage of minorities onto police forces?
    Yes.

You state two wrongs don't make a right which is ironic because you're stating the cops DID WRONG against minorities because they felt wronged.
    I did not state that cops did wrong against minorities, I was arguing the point that you made earlier when you said that many good cops are also racist. Not everything is as simple as the way that you make it out to be of deciding whether a cop is either a racist or not. The irony that you pointed out about me saying that two wrongs don't make a right, the white cops were being discriminated in the present tense of the years that they were trying to get on the force for things that happened in their great grandfather's era. Now I am not trying to make any type of an excuse for some questionable actions by some of those good cops that you mentioned but it was just one reason of many possible reasons for their actions. How do I know as I was not a policeman?

Perhaps they weren't qualified to be cops if their mental hygiene was to hold a long-term grudge against a group of people receiving the benefits afforded them by their government (in fact is smacks of anti-government, not a good trait for cops to have?)
    Who knows how long grudges last? Everything is not long term as you imply. The government that directs just what police departments individual actions should be, as well as where they send them is very often just political moves that ARE ACTUALLY PUTTING THOSE MEN IN DANGER. So if there are some anti-government thoughts at times among law enforcement officers I do not fucken blame them.

Thread Information